Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Getting on in twenty minutes or so to grind for an hour. What I'm doing, I have no idea. I'll take on the Torgue Bar, though. Done it a few times before and that poo poo gets bananas.
Also I am a zebra. This skin for Zero thrills me more than I can say.

Edit: Whoops guys I got real life happening right now. I'll try for late, 10pm PST.

Seneschal fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

zero democracy posted:

So are these piles of psychedelic garbage I'm seeing in my TVH playthrough a sign that my 360 is eating a dick, or do they have a gameplay application?

I get some of that when I glitch the evil smasher. random boxes show up bright green!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've had that glitch at a fairly constant rate for my entire BL2 career, it seems harmless.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
First time it happened to me I was super excited because I thought I had happened upon some new kind of mega-chest. It had whites in it.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Thanks to Kif and Delpheye I have all the legendaries in the game. If you want something just throw me a message GT: Mechwarrior (this applies to all xbox users if you want something just bug me).

Did you ever get that blue sniper you were after? I'd be down for one of those with the crit bonus.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I blew it earlier with a work call-in, so maybe another night. I'm usually on for a couple hours after 10cst. :)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Here's the video I was referencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxHd5KDOFg

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009

matryx posted:

When this happened to my brother, it turns out his xbox live profile was corrupted and wasn't properly connecting to gearbox as a result. He moved (re-created) his profile to his main HD rather than a memory unit and it all magically resolved itself.

I think my profile is okay, I'm able to play other games just fine and haven't moved my profile ever. It doesn't really affect game play for me, I guess, but it really sucks not having my favorite skins anymore. Also I got hosed on my badass stats because now my gun damage rating is much lower after reassigning my points

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My friend often jumps on a silver xbl account of mine for couch co-op, and since I'm player 1, everything levels to me since I'm hosting the game. I had breezed through most of the first pass solo, then he tagged along for finishing the game and heading into TVHM. I think he was ~lvl30 when I hit TVHM and since the game started over, we figured it was the perfect time to get his stats up. I'll admit it wasn't as easy of a start as I anticipated, but the game was fun for me, since most weapons dropped were at my level, around 4 higher than my buddy. Since he didn't do every story mission with me, he somehow still had 3 weapon slots by the time I've gotten to the final mission again in TVHM. I dabbled in the Torgue DLC and had a shitton of fun but the bar brawls were getting too difficult.

Well, I got the brilliant idea of having my buddy log in with the silver account as the host, joined his game and went back through the Torgue DLC. Since he hasn't done any actual missions, everything was at lvl30 (sadly, including guns), but I was one-shot gibbing drat near everything! Badasses, Super Badasses, even Pyro Pete! It was the most unbelievable fun ever.
I raked in around TT300, and after we completed the DLC, it wouldn't let me fast-travel anywhere but DLC areas. When we restarted the game, it went back to the opening cutscene in the Tundra with Claptrap. Apparently, even if you complete all the missions in someone else's game, you have to do them over again until you get to the story missions you haven't done.
Does anyone know which mission gives you the fourth weapon slot? I don't want to accidentally complete that again without my bro.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

When you get back to Sanctuary after it takes off you get the 4th weapon slot as the quest reward.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jake Blues posted:

I blew it earlier with a work call-in, so maybe another night. I'm usually on for a couple hours after 10cst. :)

I had to get into TVHM myself last night, so at least it was a total washout. :shobon:

Maybe tonight? I'll see you around 10-ish.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^ Definitely. loving awesome.

Neo Helbeast, I sent you a friend request, hoping you have a PBFG you could dupe? :swoon:
I will be your new best friend I promise!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Jake Blues posted:

^ Definitely. loving awesome.

Neo Helbeast, I sent you a friend request, hoping you have a PBFG you could dupe? :swoon:
I will be your new best friend I promise!

I now have 3 PBFGs(2 level 50s and a level 14, thanks wendigo)

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
This is probably a question for the google, but I wanted to ask here in case anyone could dupe it. Watching that video of the guy farming the ohm ohm uhm thing got me wondering- are there any explosive SMGs? I've never seen one. I know Torgue doesn't make them but I thought Bandit might.

It also has me contemplating playing a Siren, which would probably be days of power-leveling, but it looks pretty cool and I've done everything with Zero.

Jake Blues posted:

Well, I got the brilliant idea of having my buddy log in with the silver account as the host, joined his game and went back through the Torgue DLC. Since he hasn't done any actual missions, everything was at lvl30 (sadly, including guns), but I was one-shot gibbing drat near everything! Badasses, Super Badasses, even Pyro Pete! It was the most unbelievable fun ever.

Dude, this is the perfect time to work on the achievements that give you skins, like one-shotting through shields, direct rocket launcher hits, quickdraws with pistols, or the mind-boggling 3200 kills with an assault rifle while kneeling. So much easier in the first playthrough.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Seneschal posted:

...or the mind-boggling 3200 kills with an assault rifle while kneeling.

Wait, what? This is a thing? I hope you at least get a badass skin out of it.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Seneschal posted:

This is probably a question for the google, but I wanted to ask here in case anyone could dupe it. Watching that video of the guy farming the ohm ohm uhm thing got me wondering- are there any explosive SMGs? I've never seen one. I know Torgue doesn't make them but I thought Bandit might.

It also has me contemplating playing a Siren, which would probably be days of power-leveling, but it looks pretty cool and I've done everything with Zero.

Dude, this is the perfect time to work on the achievements that give you skins, like one-shotting through shields, direct rocket launcher hits, quickdraws with pistols, or the mind-boggling 3200 kills with an assault rifle while kneeling. So much easier in the first playthrough.

All true. Don't forget point blank shotgun blasts and rocket launcher splash damage.

And, I'll help PL a Siren for you. They're kinda fun at 50. I have a rocket build with a hell witch mod so I phaselock a thing, fire a bunch of rockets at it, and the rockets ricochet all over the place creating doom and gloom.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

Wait, what? This is a thing? I hope you at least get a badass skin out of it.

It's the only way to get a Dahl Predator skin, unless someone is so kind as to dupe you theirs. It takes forever, but you can get 400 at a time by farming Bloodshot Stronghold or a hundred at Southpaw Steam and Power. Bloodshot Cauldron is good too.

delpheye posted:

All true. Don't forget point blank shotgun blasts and rocket launcher splash damage.

And, I'll help PL a Siren for you. They're kinda fun at 50. I have a rocket build with a hell witch mod so I phaselock a thing, fire a bunch of rockets at it, and the rockets ricochet all over the place creating doom and gloom.

Okay, maybe we can do that tonight. I'll make her when I get home from work.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Does anyone want a 34 gunzerker legendary mod? I won't make another one, so I don't want it taking up space. Message me whenever. gt: arkitekt4k

EDIT: it's gone

delpheye fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 21, 2013

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
Any recommendations on where to go to hunt down some decent gear for lvl 15 Siren? Having some awful luck with drops and find its always more entertaining with some decent weapons to poo poo things with.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

sc0tty posted:

Any recommendations on where to go to hunt down some decent gear for lvl 15 Siren? Having some awful luck with drops and find its always more entertaining with some decent weapons to poo poo things with.

Opening the chest in Sanctuary a couple of times should help you quite a bit, other than that there's Moxxi's SMG that's really good which you can get by tipping her a bunch of times.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Last night was the first time I've been in a game with four players and holy poo poo that gets crazy. We were in my lvl50 TVHM game session when a lvl3 Siren joined, and skyrocketed to lvl15 in under 10 minutes. She even leveled up from dying, it was the fastest I've seen anyone boost, so it will be my new strategy when I work through other characters. Definitely gonna try to get more of those games going, that was a lot of fun!
Wendigo: Turns out my buddy just lost his job and we may have some unexpected free time to jam together over the weekend. :neckbeard:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Story missions are a great way to level. After you left, we moved to TVHM in my game and after killing Jack ended up at 23, I think. So 1 to 23 from what, Data Mining to the end?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

Story missions are a great way to level. After you left, we moved to TVHM in my game and after killing Jack ended up at 23, I think. So 1 to 23 from what, Data Mining to the end?

We went from Data mining to the end, yep, and I went from level 1 to 24. I got my Siren to Sanctuary in story mode after we quit, which was insanely easy and a lot quicker because I skipped all the side quests. She's now level 25 after helping Scooter with his failed plan to make the city fly.

I was really surprised that her phaselock ability was working on level 50 constructors and skags. I think I was only level 19 when I finally got a skag off the ground for Wendigo's turret. It was good times.
And then after we killed Jack I got a bunch of loot, and have a ton of low-level gold and purple weapons, shields, and grenade mods.

Jake Blues posted:

Last night was the first time I've been in a game with four players and holy poo poo that gets crazy. We were in my lvl50 TVHM game session when a lvl3 Siren joined, and skyrocketed to lvl15 in under 10 minutes. She even leveled up from dying, it was the fastest I've seen anyone boost, so it will be my new strategy when I work through other characters. Definitely gonna try to get more of those games going, that was a lot of fun!

It is the coolest feeling to ding so fast, especially since I'm used to the blue-balls mode of play. When you want a turn to power-level I'll bring my level 50 in.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Since you're supposed to be 50 by the end of the game, barreling through both story modes with whoever else wants to join is the best way to get to 50, imo. Get a couple of 50's to join too so they can work on killing dudes while kneeling or whatever wacky challenge biz is the order of the day, and it generally works out for everyone.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

delpheye posted:

Since you're supposed to be 50 by the end of the game, barreling through both story modes with whoever else wants to join is the best way to get to 50, imo. Get a couple of 50's to join too so they can work on killing dudes while kneeling or whatever wacky challenge biz is the order of the day, and it generally works out for everyone.

Well, except for my buddy that's missing his fourth weapon slot.
I'm definitely going to start a new character next week and try to jump into anyone's game that will have me. I can't compliment this game enough, I'm honestly addicted to finding all the guns, doing all the quests, having all the fun. I don't care if my teammate is dogmeat every ten seconds, this game loving OWNS.

Is it worth my time to find a cheap copy of Borderlands 1 if I can get the DLC? Any major differences that may sway my decision?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

I'm definitely going to start a new character next week and try to jump into anyone's game that will have me. I can't compliment this game enough, I'm honestly addicted to finding all the guns, doing all the quests, having all the fun. I don't care if my teammate is dogmeat every ten seconds, this game loving OWNS.

Is it worth my time to find a cheap copy of Borderlands 1 if I can get the DLC? Any major differences that may sway my decision?

Get Borderlands 1. Just do it.
Download General Knox and Dr. Ned, skip Moxxi's Underdome unless you REALLY want a bank, which you do.
General Knox was the best expansion ever, and I can only hope that someday they bring Athena back. You'll be fighting the Lance for most of this, before they form the Crimson Raiders.

I got bored with Dr. Ned. Weird, it's been three years and there's STILL zombies in everything... but most people liked it. I liked how they brought in Old Haven again.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tomorrow's the first day of PAX East, which means at some point this weekend we'll learn more about one or more of the following: the new Vault Hunter, the fourth expansion, level caps, and possibly season two. Soo... yeah.

Jake Blues posted:

Wendigo: Turns out my buddy just lost his job and we may have some unexpected free time to jam together over the weekend. :neckbeard:
gently caress, it's like it's contagious or something. :(

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

He's missing it because he hasn't gone through that mission yet, right? Cuz you can't complete the story in pt1 without getting back to floating sanctuary.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^Right, I was blowing through missions on nights he wasn't over so he might have skipped that one when I got the rewards. :ssh:

I'm gonna be on tonight, with my couch co-op buddy. I'm likely going to be in an offline game, but if I can get him a 1month xbox card I'll be on later.

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.
Anyone up for helping me in Mr. Finks Slaughterhouse?
jhonthedarkside is GT on xbox.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

jebrown84 posted:

Anyone up for helping me in Mr. Finks Slaughterhouse?
jhonthedarkside is GT on xbox.

Gimmie a few hours and I'll get on, 10 pacific time. What level are you going for?

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

Seneschal posted:

Gimmie a few hours and I'll get on, 10 pacific time. What level are you going for?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
The free event-gun (Chulainn) is awesome on a mechromancer and a black hole shield. You can use the gun's slag gimmick to quickly activate the nova/singularity effect from the black hole shield. But, on top of that you have "Blood Soaked Shields" to get your shield back up and set up another nova. :cool:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Every time I re-spec, I seem to ignore Blood-Soaked Shields in favor of upping my Anarchy stack capacity to 255. I have a "Peppy Sweetheart" class mod that helps me complete more of the right skilltrees but I'm always on the lookout for more. Now that my Mechro is at 50, I have a low level Assassin and Siren that I'll be boosting.
But I don't know if I would rather try the Commando instead. I like having a distraction that also shoots at enemies. Definitely going to be online with my buddy tonight, sucks if I missed out on fun last night.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Blood Soaked Shields is overpowered as hell, which is why it's awesome. You don't even need to put all points in. You can easily survive with 2-3 points in BSS and the rest in Preshrunk Cyberpunk

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Kifisonfire posted:

Blood Soaked Shields is overpowered as hell, which is why it's awesome. You don't even need to put all points in. You can easily survive with 2-3 points in BSS and the rest in Preshrunk Cyberpunk

5 points in BSS + Bee shield equals pure carnage. Love when I get a kill and have fully charged bee again

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
I'm up for any lvl 50 shenanigans. Still got a few legendaries I'd happily swap too. Xbox GT: Tony Val. Also, can anyone suggest a good Motion Tree spec for my Siren? Been running Cataclysm since starting and fancy a change.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

diablos666 posted:

I'm up for any lvl 50 shenanigans. Still got a few legendaries I'd happily swap too. Xbox GT: Tony Val. Also, can anyone suggest a good Motion Tree spec for my Siren? Been running Cataclysm since starting and fancy a change.

try this: http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#055501455150050000000400000000

Use either a Legendary mod or Cat mod (smg +dmg/-acc). Legendary mod should reduce your phaselock CD immensely and Thoughtlock + Sub-Sequence should keep phaselock active long enough so you can get the full benefit of Wreck.

If you have a favorite smg go with the Cat mod for the increase to accelerate/mind's eye/wreck and a maximum of +94% smg dmg. It's a good idea to use a cool down rate relic.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sorry about my behavior yesterday. Some friends new to the game wanted to give it a go. Then one threw up.
I'll be on most of tonight if anyone's down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
So I got bored the other day... I present to you... the B4LN-TP:

I tweeted it to @DuvalMagic, but I don't think he's seen it yet. :(

• Locked thread