Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Ola posted:

Oh poo poo. Look what BMW just did to my future credit rating. 2014 R1200R

I think I would like that better if it had the weird asymmetrical headlight that bmw loves... I like that goofy headlight :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if that'll be the same engine if they make it, though. The GS went over to a partially liquid-cooled design(likely for Euro3 or whatever their emissions test is) and now the intake comes from the top, and exhaust from the bottom.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Awwwww yiss. Get to assemble and ride this tomorrow.
/poo poo cellphone pic:

Hondas have a slight olive oil smell from the crate. KTMs smell of Ikea; must be the similar build quality.

DefaultPeanut fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 22, 2013

hydrixel
Oct 28, 2002

Everyday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HAkqw4UcY

Good reflexes! The driver should be dragged from his car and beaten. Upon watching it a few times I think he was trying to go around the skaters on a blind turn.

hydrixel fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 22, 2013

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

That video was up a little while ago, the car driver was actually filming his friends and thought he was top poo poo and that the biker was in the wrong.

e: There's a video from inside the car as well that lets you hear the driver.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Did anything ever happen to that guy? If anyone ever deserved to get doxxed...

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

DefaultPeanut posted:

/poo poo cellphone pic:

Hondas have a slight olive oil smell from the crate. KTMs smell of Ikea; must be the similar build quality.

Pulling out tufts of hair in jealous rage! The slight olive oil smell means it's good for your heart.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The latest bike on BikeEXIF is very well done

I'm not much of a cafe racer fan but the fit and finish on this bike is pretty astounding. Pillion pegs and proper tyres are the icing on the cake.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

That's a BMW (at least engine) right?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nope, Moto Guzzi.

I want it so bad.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I so wish I could afford to buy a Guzzi, I saw the Matte Black V7 Stone today and all I can say is that I must have it!

theperminator fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 22, 2013

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Shimrod posted:

That's a BMW (at least engine) right?
Flat is BMW, trans V is moto guzzi.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Oh, damnit. I'll get it one day.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

So there's this cool new paint stuff called LumiLor that can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og4crq_xhHE

I can't wait until it's commercially available :(

quote:

Used in conjunction with simple driver electronics,
LumiLor will illuminate any surface brightly, and is capable of being custom-animated to flash in sequenced, strobed, and sound activated modes.

kloa fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 22, 2013

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

theperminator posted:

I so wish I could afford to buy a Guzzi, I saw the Matte Black V7 Stone today and all I can say is that I must have it!

I like the two tone red and white version. Its a handsome bike.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

Flat is BMW, trans V is moto guzzi.

Except when it's a Honda :ssh:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Show me? I never knew honda made trans engines!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Moto Guzzi are the hairiest-chested of all motorbikes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

Show me? I never knew honda made trans engines!

The CX series. Here's one that is pretty much stock:

A café racer:

And the :krad: turbo version

Also if you mean transverse engines in general the Gold Wing has always been either a flat-four or flat-six.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'm not much of a cafe racer fan but the fit and finish on this bike is pretty astounding. Pillion pegs and proper tyres are the icing on the cake.

Could not agree more, a cool looking bike that isn't gonna be a wet bag of cat poo poo to ride.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Moto Guzzi are the hairiest-chested of all motorbikes

That might be true but this particular one is like 50hp, I think it's got a bird chest.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

And the :krad: turbo version

Also if you mean transverse engines in general the Gold Wing has always been either a flat-four or flat-six.
I meant trans twins ye, that turbo looks amazing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Love me some Guzzis. Really want a Griso.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

HNasty posted:

That might be true but this particular one is like 50hp, I think it's got a bird chest.

Hairy-chested men can be impotent too you know.

Pope Mobile posted:

Love me some Guzzis. Really want a Griso.

Don't like the 2:1 exhaust, especially with the pipe crossing in front like that. If ever a layout begged for 2:2, or even 2:1 but with the union under the engine or under the seat, it's the transverse V.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Not sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here...

http://www.solidstatecovers.com/

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Not sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here...

http://www.solidstatecovers.com/

This looks like a really good way to stab myself in the trachea when my head gets knocked hard downwards in a crash.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
While we're posting Guzzi's this one has been down the street from me and on CL for a few weeks and I've been tempted to call the guy to check it out even tho I'm not buying. I'm not going to waste his time but I'd still like to see it.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/3676078508.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Likewise
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...QAdIdZ445336967

Only registered members can see post attachments!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Me too. Someone's selling a scura around here.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

theperminator posted:

I've heard the bike as a whole is not great, but it sure does look good.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Obviously you didn't hear that from Billy Joel.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Also posting this in the stupid poo poo thread.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

I've heard the bike as a whole is not great, but it sure does look good.

If it was £1000 cheaper I'd be really seriously looking at the Racer (the one I posted above) but it's a bit hard to justify losing almost half the horsepower to other bikes in that sort of price range, even before you put in all that special Guzzi character (and, as I like to point out, I've owned 3 Aprilias and a Laverda, so my tolerance for character is pretty loving high)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If it was £1000 cheaper I'd be really seriously looking at the Racer (the one I posted above) but it's a bit hard to justify losing almost half the horsepower to other bikes in that sort of price range, even before you put in all that special Guzzi character (and, as I like to point out, I've owned 3 Aprilias and a Laverda, so my tolerance for character is pretty loving high)

The Racer is one of my dream bikes. I even have a garage now to protect it from the lovely weather, so I'm that much closer to the temptation, but yeah the price tag is just not helping things. One day I'll have one though, and park it next to an MV Agusta Brutale 750 and then my life will be complete.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Also posting this in the stupid poo poo thread.

That's a common scammer listing (if that isn't overly apparent).

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'll vouch for the tires (assuming they're battlax).
That bike is so well done all around. Even those turn signals are impressive.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

clutchpuck posted:

Obviously you didn't hear that from Billy Joel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpB9TVDd70c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fceITss8j3g

http://youtu.be/fceITss8j3g

yup.

edit: poo poo sorry for the doublepost but while we're talking about flying v's

KRAX DUMP:

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 23, 2013

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY
edit: I'm blind.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Why is the black guy from Cypress Hill interviewing Billy Joel about motorcycles?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

DefaultPeanut posted:

/poo poo cellphone pic:

I hate you so much right now. Are you in the US? I wasn't sure we were getting any colors other than red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Am I seeing things or is the gas tank on that bike just a metal gas can (jerry can?) strapped to the frame?