Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

we're just talking about the SHAQUILLE.

I can dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Comment from the developer of this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hht-85kZdAY

I'm convinced Visorman is a joke, it's too ridiculous not to be.

The new Walking Dead game is looking good, too bad there are no visors.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Oh poo poo there's an updated version with a title that's totally not trying to bank on the success of another game.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Left2die? Are loving making GBS threads ME!?

Somebody needs to find something about the Ouya that isn't total poo poo. Not because I care about the Ouya or anything, but even a lovely terrible console has something decent every now and then, right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh poo poo there's an updated version with a title that's totally not trying to bank on the success of another game.

When it advertised "updated graphics" I did not expect the update to be from "unbelievably lovely" to "really lovely".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't really get mad at seeing these early game projects, especially since that's about where one of my friends is right now in learning that trade. I think the Ouya is a disaster and waste of money but I can't get mad at these developers.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't really get mad at seeing these early game projects, especially since that's about where one of my friends is right now in learning that trade. I think the Ouya is a disaster and waste of money but I can't get mad at these developers.

The difference is hopefully your friend isn't winning awards for their games and pretending they're worth being a featured launch game for a system.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's one thing to get the lovely practice games out of your system, especially if they at least make an attempt to be genuinely unique.

It's another thing to say that you're saving the industry with your clone of a 15 year old FPS that's full of 'witty' 'biting' 'satire'.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ryanbomber posted:

It's one thing to get the lovely practice games out of your system, especially if they at least make an attempt to be genuinely unique.

It's another thing to say that you're saving the industry with your clone of a 15 year old FPS that's full of 'witty' 'biting' 'satire'.
Yeah you're right, I can definitely get mad at that. Honestly when I saw that cover, the first thing I thought of was an Iranian or something imitation of some old FPS.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cat doter posted:

Left2die? Are loving making GBS threads ME!?

I like how the Zombies say

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUHHHHHH

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(Also Left2Die was the name of one of Blizzard's first official "arcade" type map in SC2, they can't even rip off originally)

Dec 26, 2012

I don't mind this one as much as VISORMAN, but it's not exactly convincing anyone that the Ouya can do anything above newgrounds-quality.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm pretty sure Visorman was whatever dumb superhero he made up to play as when he was a kid and he's just never been able to come up with a better name.

Just like this guy

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

cat doter posted:

Somebody needs to find something about the Ouya that isn't total poo poo. Not because I care about the Ouya or anything, but even a lovely terrible console has something decent every now and then, right?

The marketing on the FANDANGO has been really solid. They played exactly to the pretentious indie crowd to a tee while at the same time putting out enough smoke and mirrors to make sure mainstream journalists didn't ask too many real questions (until SXSW).

As for the system itself? It is a physical product that will actually ship. Which may or may not burn your house down or be DOA.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I didn't see it being picked up on with the last page but this is from the Visorman dev's twitter.

idiot posted:

Only a week until #OUYA! Then I can finally stop testing Visorman on a tablet.

Yeah he doesn't even have a dev unit. HOMER!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Hahahaha, this is like a Klik & Play game from the 90s.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Someone got mechwarrior running on the OJEGA!!
http://youtu.be/KympSK5XJTA

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

organburner posted:

That actually looked pretty good until they got in game. That doesn't look like 60fps to me, Julie. Still it's probably the best looking GINGIVITIS game so far.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This one is and will probably remain my favorite OBUMMER game promo video, just for the inexplicable production quality of the video versus the comically terrible camel running animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2F60qIQRk0

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

NES era gaming--today!

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

organburner posted:

The gameplay would be the best of any OUYA game so far, except I can't give it any credit because it's a straight up Mechwarrior clone, complete with distinct unlicensed mechs.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

organburner posted:

That looks pretty decent graphically for a game from 1993. Watch out, Infinity Blade!

Here's someone who comes dangerously close to awareness:

quote:

We need more fps games, so far I have only found 1 That is for sure coming to the Ouya,and that is Crest of War. Other than that we have none which could lead to a downfall for the Ouya. I would buy this console as soon as it came out if they said a good fps was coming out for it, or even a good zombie game. Most of the games right now that I see are all the same or worse than games you could go play for free on a windows 98.

Fortunately, someone else is quick to show him the error of his ways.

quote:

- Offensive Combat
- Visorman
- Relapse: Awakening

There are probably others that I haven't heard of yet, too.
The Hawken devs have said they will develop for OUYA, but they haven't said specifically that they will definitely port Hawken.

Or will they? (they won't):

quote:

Actually, the Hawken devs have basically said they aren't going to develop for OUYA, and have said that they definitely have no plans to port Hawken over. It's the Hawken *publisher* who said they were going to support the OUYA.

:allears:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gschmidl posted:

That looks pretty decent graphically for a game from 1993. Watch out, Infinity Blade!

To be fair to the guy it's 2 1/2 weeks of work on what is probably a pretty difficult sort of game to make. It's the loving Sistine Chapel compared to what we've seen on the Ouya so far.

Once he starts implementing gameplay features and optimising the graphics code it might not actually be a giant pile of hot garbage. It's also just a lazy mech warrior clone so who gives a poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dapper Dan posted:

The marketing on the FANDANGO has been really solid. They played exactly to the pretentious indie crowd to a tee

Did they, though? Really? Because I can say "Journey is the greatest video game I have ever played" with a straight face and I'm still pretty sure I don't want a FUKU.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Dex posted:

Visorman, Visorman,
does whatever a Visor can.
Cover art, just one layer,
Excludes online multiplayer.
Look out! Here comes the Visorman.

I love you.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Hat Thoughts posted:

Looking at that twitter it sure is funny how he has 31,649 followers. Yet almost all of his tweets have no favorites or retweets, it's almost as if they're not genuine followers, but instead, a bunch of bots he purchased to follow him.

You may be onto something, almost every single of his followers has a similar bio and posted one or two comments in their respective profiles in March 6th.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm not sure why I'd want to play a mech combat game in the style of the old 90s simulators with a gamepad. What's also weird about codezombie is that he has made a legitimately good game in Deadly Dungeons, or at least legitimately good for $0.99. I don't know why he waited for the OUYA to optimize it for widescreen, though. I'd totally pay another buck to upgrade it on my tablet.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Holy poo poo :aaa:
Imagine if Visorman is a joke from a forum similar to this, where they are laughing at the GIANDUYA and its upcoming game, Zybourne Clock...

OUYA: crowd funded pranks.

Cippalippus fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 23, 2013

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Cippalippus posted:

Holy poo poo :aaa:
Imagine if Visorman is a joke from a forum similar to this, where they are laughing at the GIANDUYA and its upcoming game, Zybourne Clock...

OUYA: crowd funded pranks.

I'd like to think that this is true but somehow I doubt it.

Someone should just rom hack Zelda or something and change the graphics and try to pass it off as an ASHBOX game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gorgolflox posted:

I'd like to think that this is true but somehow I doubt it.

Someone should just rom hack Zelda or something and change the graphics and try to pass it off as an ASHBOX game.

The Story of Zoe: Flute of Chronology.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I love how my buddy who has been messing with Unity for about a year or two has a discarded tech demo that blows away anything I've seen made for the OUYA. I told him he should port it there because he could easily become a top game and maybe make some money from it, but he rather just let it sit around then spend his time doing that.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

My OUYA game was rejected :ohdear:

quote:

Subject: [Game] (1.0.2) was Rejected T_T
Hello [Name],

Unfortunately we can't yet distribute [Game] (1.0.2) on OUYA.

Here is our team's feedback. Please consider it. We'd be thrilled if you resubmitted.
1. No Install details
2. Loads OUYAtron not [Game]
3. Options do no function, crash to menu
4. Characters are not easily viewed on a 1080 tv

Our goal is to be the most developer-friendly gaming platform. If you have questions about our process or our feedback onn what you submitted, please feel free to reach out to us at app-reviews@OUYA.tv

- Team OUYA
It was their sample game from the ODK

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Haha jesus christ, I thought the reason was gonna be "It's the sample game you idiot" but nope, even more ineptitude.

You know what, I just had a thought. So Uhrman was originally a direct2drive executive or something, right? She abandoned that job to fulfil her dreams of "bringing good games back to the TV" (UGHHHH) with her loving lovely little console, but I don't think that was the actual motive. She probably saw that digital distribution is a license to print money if it's popular enough and decided to create her own store. It's a crowded market at the moment, right? Steam creates a lot of value and it's hard to beat. You can't compete with google or apple as well, so what do you do? You find a niche (android gaming with a controller) and build a store around filling that niche.

It's just a vehicle for another digital distribution method so she can print buckets of cash. I don't think it actually will in reality, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the entire impetus for the console existing in the first place.

Dec 26, 2012

cat doter posted:

Haha jesus christ, I thought the reason was gonna be "It's the sample game you idiot" but nope, even more ineptitude.

You know what, I just had a thought. So Uhrman was originally a direct2drive executive or something, right? She abandoned that job to fulfil her dreams of "bringing good games back to the TV" (UGHHHH) with her loving lovely little console, but I don't think that was the actual motive. She probably saw that digital distribution is a license to print money if it's popular enough and decided to create her own store. It's a crowded market at the moment, right? Steam creates a lot of value and it's hard to beat. You can't compete with google or apple as well, so what do you do? You find a niche (android gaming with a controller) and build a store around filling that niche.

It's just a vehicle for another digital distribution method so she can print buckets of cash. I don't think it actually will in reality, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the entire impetus for the console existing in the first place.

This is kind of what Xboxpants was saying at one point before he got off on one of his idiot smug kicks and got shouted down. The difference is he thought it would work (it won't).

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zylche posted:

Did they really use T_T in the subject?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Pomp posted:

Did they really use T_T in the subject?
Yes, only thing I altered was the name of the developer, game and the version. Not that it'd be hard to find it but eh.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

01011001 posted:

This is kind of what Xboxpants was saying at one point before he got off on one of his idiot smug kicks and got shouted down. The difference is he thought it would work (it won't).

The fact her stupid plan required designing and manufacturing a console to pull it off means it won't work. Digital distribution is a profitable business when you don't have to worry about the overheads of making an entirely new console.

Dec 26, 2012

cat doter posted:

The fact her stupid plan required designing and manufacturing a console to pull it off means it won't work. Digital distribution is a profitable business when you don't have to worry about the overheads of making an entirely new console.

Business plans and sense are not necessary when you have POWER OF THE GAMERS behind you.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
Wouldn't it just be great if they simply promoted the FUSOYA as a super gameboy equivalent for android games rather than this GREAT SAVIOR OF THE INDUSTRY? That's its best and most realistic use at this juncture, even if you ignore the amateur hour hardware design and business model.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 23, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

cat doter posted:

If she was at Direct2Drive, that explains a lot about why Direct2Drive was such poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

zylche posted:

#4 is hilarious because most of these games are going to look like poo poo on a 1080p TV. I mean if that's their reasoning they should probably turn down every game.

• Locked thread