Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

you cant have it, you dont have nuff teef to chew it

bam thwok posted:

Replied, I think.

My company hires for liberal artsy fartsy research jobs too. I majored in Policy Analysis and Economics; for this job, they want smart people who can write and not poo poo themselves when asked to use Excel and Powerpoint. If you majored in Classics there's room for you here. Fair warning though, this department is a bit of an Ivy-league and Ivy-like club, as the one coworker in my department I know of who studied classics did so at Harvard.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/6886/job

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

This isn't my field, but I have a good friend in the D.C. area who would love to get his foot in the door anywhere that's hiring liberal artsy people. Would you mind if I pointed him your way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormy
Feb 1, 2009
Job Seeker

Education:
Bachelor's in Biological Sciences

Experience:
My most relevant experience is working in a QC Microbiology Lab for the past 8.5 years. My responibilities have included environmental monitoring, water testing/sampling, bioburden testing, OOS investigations, CAPA repots, and most currently, microbial identification and oversight of my companies process simulation program, including scheduling, training, and maintainance/revision of new and existing SOPs. Due to the nature and scope of the process simulations, I also have some experience in dealing directly with regulatory authourities through audits, and indirectly through enforcement of GMP practices and regulatory guidelines within the program. In a nutshell, any work that my company designates as part of the Micro lab's responsibilities, I've done it or am currently doing it.

Requirements:
Full-time, $50k+ USD, benefits

Can Start:
Within 2 weeks of hire.

Looking For:
Anything in a research or investigational role, something with a little less mundane than the copy/paste job my current employment is becoming.

Not Looking For:
Sales, or any job that's strictly paperwork...I do enjoy the physical, testing and occasional research aspect of my current job.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Wormy posted:

Job Seeker

Education:
Bachelor's in Biological Sciences

Experience:
My most relevant experience is working in a QC Microbiology Lab for the past 8.5 years. My responibilities have included environmental monitoring, water testing/sampling, bioburden testing, OOS investigations, CAPA repots, and most currently, microbial identification and oversight of my companies process simulation program, including scheduling, training, and maintainance/revision of new and existing SOPs. Due to the nature and scope of the process simulations, I also have some experience in dealing directly with regulatory authourities through audits, and indirectly through enforcement of GMP practices and regulatory guidelines within the program. In a nutshell, any work that my company designates as part of the Micro lab's responsibilities, I've done it or am currently doing it.

Requirements:
Full-time, $50k+ USD, benefits

Can Start:
Within 2 weeks of hire.

Looking For:
Anything in a research or investigational role, something with a little less mundane than the copy/paste job my current employment is becoming.

Not Looking For:
Sales, or any job that's strictly paperwork...I do enjoy the physical, testing and occasional research aspect of my current job.

I'm applying for chemistry jobs in the Chicago area, and Northland Laboratories has popped up a couple of times in my searching. They're microbiology positions so not exactly up my alley, but maybe they're up yours? Google them or search LinkedIn, they'll pop up.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Captain Frigate posted:

This isn't my field, but I have a good friend in the D.C. area who would love to get his foot in the door anywhere that's hiring liberal artsy people. Would you mind if I pointed him your way?

Sure.

Wormy
Feb 1, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I'm applying for chemistry jobs in the Chicago area, and Northland Laboratories has popped up a couple of times in my searching. They're microbiology positions so not exactly up my alley, but maybe they're up yours? Google them or search LinkedIn, they'll pop up.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.
Job Opening: Web Marketing Intern in Minneapolis, MN

We're currently on the look out for a bright, energetic person to assist us with internal web marketing efforts. The Web Marketing Intern will work within the existing web design and development team to help draft copy for landing pages; assist in managing the company's PPC and SEO campaigns; monitor, update, and assist in managing social media campaigns for select clients; pull creative collateral for use in online campaigns; and aid in numerous other tasks that pop-up.

Our interns typically get to work with every member of the web team and are exposed to the business- as well as the production-side of the company.

Applicant should be well-organized, an excellent communicator, and have a basic understanding of web marketing concepts. Hourly pay, great environment, chance to move to a full-time entry-level position at the end of a three month period. Perfect for students in their final year of school or recent grads in need of experience.

I'll have other job openings soon for a back-end web developer and a web designer, we just need to finalize the job postings. All jobs (including the above) are at the same, small marketing and design agency.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

ButteryNoodles fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 13, 2013

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ButteryNoodles posted:

Feel free to PM me for more details.

I don't have PMs, but please hit me up on IM or via email at fximan at yahoo dot com.

Cubano
Jun 1, 2011

Disenchanted computer engineer turned pro photographer and IT guy.
Position:

Network/system Administrator (consulting, permanent, full time)

Bergen County, NJ

========My Boss' listing=======

Join a team of northern NJ consultants servicing our mid-sized business clients. This position will be a full time assignment as part of a three man team at a longtime client. The position manages approximately 200 users and devices across a 9 site network. Daily activity includes help desk support, hardware troubleshooting and deployment, LAN/WAN management, server management and special projects. The environment is completely virtualized using VMWare and most platforms are MS based. A great early to mid-level position to gain experience with a wide variety of technology while having the support of an experienced consulting team. The client is located in Bergen County NJ.

Basic responsibilities include:
• LAN administration (switches, NICs, troubleshooting)
• PC Hardware/Software support (Help desk)
• Server support (Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008, MS Exchange)
• Purchasing (Dell account)
• Firewall configuration (SonicWall)

ProAction Technologies, Inc. has been providing IT consulting services to small and medium sized business in the NJ/NY area for 15 years. We are a Microsoft business partner and have lasting relationships with both employees and clients. Our team is well integrated with our client's operations providing outsourced and consulting solutions mainly located in Bergen County, NJ.

Every member of our team is Microsoft certified (not required for hire) and all have specialized product knowledge complementing other members of the team. This is a full-time, salaried position and our company offers professional level compensation and benefits.

Please email resumes to jobs (at) proactiontech (dot) com

====== My Notes =======

I hold this position currently but I'm being transferred to another client to replace someone. Been here 5 years. You will wear a lot of hats and deal with users' every problem (PEBKAC), but in return you will have a relatively forgiving environment in which to learn the ropes of SMB IT administration with lots of genuine support from coworkers, who are generally high-quality, intelligent individuals.

You will be expected to develop professionally (MS certs or anything you can link to being useful to the job) and will get reimbursed for taking tests/basic study materials. There is good respect for personal time and the owner will not abuse it. That said, you are expected to be there for the client if they need you. I would classify off-hours commitment as light/moderate depending on your tolerance and your strategy. To put things in perspective, I've been able to pursue a 2nd career in wedding photography on the weekends while holding this job.

Overall this is a good way to get your foot in the door for many technologies (VMware) that can take you on a good career path in IT and specialize down the road. If you'd like to see the resume I've developed working here or have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch (no PMs) at this address: alex (dot) meseguer (at) g mail

Realistically expect 40-50k with OK benefits. Please email me if you apply so I know who you are.

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.

Efexeye posted:

I don't have PMs, but please hit me up on IM or via email at fximan at yahoo dot com.

I'll send you an email later this week with more information.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ButteryNoodles posted:

I'll send you an email later this week with more information.

I'm not actually interested in the job, so don't knock yourself out. You just look like someone who might have something I need :)

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Job Seeker

Location: Chicago, IL, currently, but moving to Portland, OR late July at latest. Willing to relocate sooner; immediately available for telecommuting (phone, email, skype) in the mean time. (I'll be visiting from 3/25 to 3/29)

Seeking: Preferably proof reading/editing job. Scripts, articles, books, research, etc. Also available for indexing.

Education: BA in media communications, primarily film/scriptwriting

Experience: Lotta field/lab work using Final Cut Pro (not X, but I'd pick it up fast). Looking to mostly be a proof reader/editor for anything: scripts, magazine/web articles, etc. Looking to eventually get my masters in technical editing in english. Peer edit papers as a favor monthly, looking for more experience that I can actually put on a resume, paid or not. 3+ years of retail/phones/customer service. Typical Microsoft Office knowledge (except Outlook, but can learn fast). Used to working long hours in drat near anything.

Requirements: If paid, full time, min $10/hour (but negotiable). Unpaid, MUST be able to confirm my work if contacted by future employer.
Indexing, $10/hour preferred, but I'm a beginner so it's negotiable. Will not go under $7/hour.

Any info from anyone is welcome, even if it's pointing me to listings. No PMs, email me at ncoxomatic@gmail.com

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

StandardToast posted:

Requirements: If paid, full time, min $10/hour (but negotiable). Unpaid, MUST be able to confirm my work if contacted by future employer.
Indexing, $10/hour preferred, but I'm a beginner so it's negotiable. Will not go under $7/hour.

For what it's worth, minimum wage is $8.95/hour in Oregon, $8.25/hour in Illinois, and $7.25/hour federally.

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Sir John Falstaff posted:

For what it's worth, minimum wage is $8.95/hour in Oregon, $8.25/hour in Illinois, and $7.25/hour federally.

Yeah, I'm aware of the minimums, but I'm going off my last paying job. It's also why it's negotiable.

rekk1ess
Aug 21, 2005
I am reckless even when not drunk. Watch out!
Job Seeker

Currently living in Morganton, NC.

Education:
40+/68 Credits towards an AS in Information Systems. (Will get my 4 year degree)
CompTIA A+ Certified since 2010
CompTIA A+ and N+ Training
Certification in AutoCAD

Experience:
I have a strong history in client/server administration, network administration, systems administration and financial analysis over the last 10 years. Additionally, I possess a strong knowledge of cloud systems, building automation/monitoring services, colocation and telecommunications. I firmly grasp an understanding of how each harmonize and tie directly into cost. The focus of my carrier has been producing equilibrium between multiple systems in a production environment down to the hardware level. I present solutions that liquidate cost and liability while improving efficiency with scalability. I incorporate automation, redundancy, and disaster solutions that protect the foundation of a companies infrastructure.

Requirements:
Full-time, $40k+ USD, benefits

Can Start:
Within 2 weeks of hire.

Looking For:
Anything IT related. Admin or Networking occupations in the NC area. Anywhere is fine and I am willing to re-locate immediately.
Please note that I have Layer 2 experience but as for routing/firewalls my experience is limited. I am highly adaptable and learn quickly.

Not Looking For:
Database Administration - I know little about SQL and I am novice with Linux.

Emial: JoshHopper1@gmail.com
Please do contact me for a resume or any questions at all.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Lol, mine is a C&P of the previous post but with less experience.

Job Seeker

Central NC. Greensboro, Winston, High Point, etc down to Southern Pines. Basically I'd like to keep it within an hour of Biscoe, NC. PM me and we'll talk if it might be on the fringes.

Education:
AAS in Surveying Technology, AAS in Civil Engineering
Working on my A+, will be going back to school to pick up a degree with computers

Experience:
Customer service experience, hardware and software experience with most all end-user OSes (Win XP, 7, 8, Vista, OSX, Some Linux). Small office/home networking basic stuff. Running cable, terminating, etc. Extremely basic Python experience. Working on finishing up my A+, and learning Python (Teaching myself).

Requirements:
Full time, 35k+, Benefits would be nice.

Can Start:
Within 2 weeks of hire.

Looking For:
Any Junior Admin position. Have been dying to get my hands on Active Directory, and basic VM stuff. At this point, willing to go any direction.

Not Looking For:
ISP Helpdesk. I'd rather not deal with that anymore.

PMs
Email: gothmog1065@gmail.com

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
e: I posted twice? Okay then.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 17, 2013

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Job Opening: Staff Reporter

A newspaper in Fauquier County, Va. is looking for a reporter. The beat is education, but it's small enough that you end up wearing a lot of hats.

The pay is not good for the area: you're looking at about $29,000 a year. Because the pay is not good, my boss doesn't entertain applications from out of state - by his reasoning, it's not worth the expense to set up an interview.

On the other hand, this is a career-builder job, a place where you can leave a mark. It's a long-standing, twice-weekly newspaper in a rural county that's fast become a bedroom community for DC workers. In addition, the paper keeps up an online component and Facebook presence to compete with a local web-based content aggregator.

At a minimum, you need to be able to report, write and have an inquisitive spirit. You'll produce about 5-6 stories weekly, plus daily updates on the website. If you know how to create rapport with high school students, that will help. If you can take decent photos with an SLR camera that will help.

I say this is a career builder because this is a paper that's struggling to keep pace with the 21st century, and because the last person who had this position was hopeless at the beat. Any kind of web savvy/Photoshop/whatever you can bring to the table is nice, but the ability to create timely content to a standard of quality is what will make you shine.

If you're curious, send me a PM and we can talk.

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
Job Seeker

Willing to relocate anywhere in the US and Canada (legally able to work in both countries). Currently residing in Eugene, Oregon.

Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Linguistics achieved 2012.

Experience:
Internship-level publishing industry experience, but at a small/nontraditional publishing house. Copyediting experience, 1 year of transcription.

Requirements: $9/hr if full-time. No relocation expenses needed.

Willing to Start:
Within 4 weeks.

Looking For:
Publishing house work, editorial assistant or similar. Literary agency work a final goal. Also proofreading or copyediting work.

Not Looking For:
Technical writing or SEO writing, journalism/newspaper work. Technically "publishing" but a whole different skill set.

Email: shannonrosekieran@gmail.com

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Job Seeker

Currently residing in Spain, willing to relocate pretty much anywhere.

Education:
Bachelor's in Biomedical Engineering, graduated in 2008.
finishing Master in Biomedical Engineering, will finish in May 2013.

Experience:
Worked for a year and nine months as an engineer for a joint project between a university and an ophthalmic center. The objective was to design ophthalmic implants and to set up a small production facility for R&D of these type of products. Worked on designing and manufacturing prototypes, finite element modeling of implants and physiological structures, technical reports, research on technologies, products, and regulatory requirements.

Other than that I've had jobs as office assistant, running websites, but fairly unrelated to engineering.

Can Start:
Mid-year.

Looking For:
I'm looking for a job that is either in the medical device industry, or in the engineering industry and uses the skills I have.

I don't have an American or European work permit, so my biggest concern is finding someone who'll actually be willing to hire/sponsor me, not the salary or location.

adelahoz.bme at gmail.com

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Job Seeker

Currently living in the Ann Arbor, MI area. I can't do too drastic of a relocation, and I'm mainly looking in Southeast Michigan.

Education:

Bachelors in Paralegal Studies as of next month.

Work Experience:

I've worked in a law firm the last year and a half doing reception and file work. I've been interning for my school's General Counsel since January. I have experience drafting and editing memos, forms, and pleadings. I've used both Westlaw and WestlawNext for research, although I'm handy at just hitting Google and finding what I need for free, too. I have calendaring experience, and I keep my file room in great shape. I've gotten a lot of experience with state and federal employment law, higher ed. law, and school has covered the usual bases of litigation, family law, torts, and probate.

Can Start:

I have classes and my internship Tues and Thurs until the end of April. I could work MWF starting two weeks after an offer, though, and go full time in May.

What I'm Looking For:

Ideally, I would be working in a small to mid-sized firm or a corporate legal department. Or a government job, but I have realistic expectations about that in Michigan. (Read: I don't expect it.)

guiness13sa@gmail.com

THIZZFACE KILLA
Oct 19, 2004

nigga dis my twizz face

bam thwok posted:

My company hires for liberal artsy fartsy research jobs too. I majored in Policy Analysis and Economics; for this job, they want smart people who can write and not poo poo themselves when asked to use Excel and Powerpoint. If you majored in Classics there's room for you here. Fair warning though, this department is a bit of an Ivy-league and Ivy-like club, as the one coworker in my department I know of who studied classics did so at Harvard.

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

Heads up, I'm going to send my resume to you sometime tomorrow I think :) I'm so glad you posted this! Should I apply online simultaneously?

olleh
Aug 9, 2011

i like tortles. wartortles.

bam thwok posted:

Replied, I think.

Just wanted to let you know that I sent you my resume last night!

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
Job Openings - Local Civil Engineering Firm (Kansas City)

The small engineering firm I work for is hiring a few engineers/techs if there are Any Kansas City goons interested. I'd say only local goons have a chance since KC has a pretty good pool of consulting firms to pull talent from and the company isn't too interested in paying for relocations

Project Engineer

We are needing a Civil engineer with 5-years experience in design for land development and public works type projects for clients in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Oklahoma. looking for experience with site design, roadway design, storm water design and modeling, and site grading and erosion control.

Need to be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3d. Experience with Microstation and ARC-GIS is a big plus. PE/EIT required

Entry Level Civil Engineer

we are needing Engineers In Training for mentored role in engineering design and analysis for land development and public works projects. Areas of emphasis will include site design, roadway design, utility design of grading and erosion control, storm sewer design, water quality BMP design, open channel and storm sewer design. Experience with AutoCad Civil 3D, Microstation, ARC-GIS or equivalent software required. EIT or ability to obtain EIT in 6months needed.

Engineering Technician/Drafter

We are needing an engineer tech to support production of engineering documents and drawings. This position is mostly drafting position but you would be heading up management of CAD standards and templates (a big undertaking for sure).

Required skills: Autodesk Civil 3D software, ARC-GIS, experience with standards management (Civil 3D Styles, template files, AutoCAD CUI, Quick Key & LISP), installation and management of add-on programs, experience supporting other users with AutoCAD. Must have experience with software listed or equivalent.

If anyone is interested feel free to drop me an email. The company is a smaller firm when compared to other firms in KC. However, it has a great atmosphere and is a good company to work for. I'm not the hiring manager in this but I'd be happy to pass of info about the company and would put in a good word for a goon.

Email: dust dot burton at gmail

Little_China
Dec 1, 2012

Job Opening:

Business: BB&T: Branch Banking and Trust

Position: Part Time Teller (Bilingual Spanish/English preferred)

Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina (Near the NC/SC State Line, Charlotte NC Region)

Hours: Scheduled 20 hours, some Saturdays

Responsibilities:
1. Provide professional client service, which includes but is not limited to: performing accurate transactions, greeting the client, smiling, using the client?s name during the transaction, and thanking each client for his or her business. Refer clients to other branch personnel as needed.
2. Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashiers checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
3. Prepare individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports as necessary.
4. Perform more complex transactions (with assistance as necessary) such as:
a. Coupon Collection
b. Issuing Official Checks/Money Orders
c. Large Commercial Deposits
d. Close Out Transactions
e. Cash Advances
5. At the discretion and direction of the supervisor, responsible for collecting his or her own cash items.
6. Follow all operating procedures as outlined in Branch Operations Manual (BOM).
7. Handle proportionate volume of work based on branch demands.

Unfortunately I don't know how much they're offering to pay but I will say I know many tellers that work at BB&T who are happy, have advanced from part to full time and have moved to higher positions. If you're interested you can go to BBT.com and apply but if you PM me your resume I'll recommend the best few resumes to management. If you can't PM you can email me at bankfortmill@gmail.com

Little_China fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 22, 2013

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Job Seeker

San Francisco, CA

Education:

AS in Computer Networking and Information Technology & BA in Psychology

Work Experience:

I interned at the San Francisco Housing Authority, within their IT department for a few months. I used Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to deploy Windows 8 and Office
2013 to workers computers. I also helped install surveillance equipment, and two Palo Alto firewalls. I also deployed a bunch of all-in-one touchscreen computers in their training room.

Can Start:

I have classes on Mondays and Thursdays, but they're night classes so really anytime is fine for me.

What I'm Looking For:

I'd like to find another IT internship here in San Francisco if possible, or some type of journeymen IT role, if that even exists really.

robinfoxin@gmail.com

callmekat
Mar 24, 2013
Job Seeker

Location: Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C. I'm willing to move to and work in Baltimore/Annapolis/D.C. as well as surrounding areas (i.e., Bowie, College Park).

Education: I graduate with a bachelor's degree in English language and literature in May. I plan to start graduate school for Human Resource Development in the fall, taking classes at night.

Experience: I've been working since I was fourteen, so I have nearly six years of clerical experience in some capacity. I have two year's worth of experience as an office manager; I was also in charge of marketing. I've spent three years as a research assistant (conducting interviews, analyzing research, helping to write grant proposals, et cetera) at one of the world's biggest research institutions. While there, I also published the guide used to train new researchers.

Looking for: An office job! I'd prefer technical writing/editing or something related to research analysis. I would be more than happy with an office admin position.

Availability: May 20, 2013

Contact me at: PM is best.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

bam thwok posted:

Replied, I think.

Hey bam I saw that you did not mind that someone forwarded a friend to your company previously. I am in a similar boat, knowing a great guy looking for a job in DC. Do you mind if I get you two in touch?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Zikan posted:

Hey bam I saw that you did not mind that someone forwarded a friend to your company previously. I am in a similar boat, knowing a great guy looking for a job in DC. Do you mind if I get you two in touch?

By all means

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Have a few openings if anyone is interested:

quote:

SEO Engineer - Maynard, MA
The SEO and landing page developer will be part of our growing design and development team that maintains and enhances our existing website, creates custom landing pages.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who takes great pride in their work and can act independently while embracing new technologies.
We’re looking for the following skills:
• Strong HTML/CSS/Javascript experience required
• Some proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, with the ability to convert PSD’s into HTML templates
• Understanding of back-end development and integration with front-end design
• Familiarity with JQuery and Backbone
• Some experience with SEO is desired
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines when necessary
• Ability to multi-task and positive attitude
Qualifications:
• 4+ years web development experience with solid background in HTML and Javascript development
• College degree

quote:

UI Developer - Mountain View, CA

POSITION SUMMARY:
If you are a UI Developer that loves working close with designers to create stellar Prototypes, this is the job for you! The ideal candidate is an experienced, self-motivated and flexible UI Developer, who has a thorough understanding of the full software development life cycle with strong hands-on development experience, is passionate about user experience and can create commercial quality web products.

ESSENTIAL Job Functions:
You will collaborate effectively with our Design, Engineering and Product Management teams to develop a world class eCommerce user experience that will delight our customers.

Create UI development best practices within the engineering department.
Create rapid prototypes of interfaces to be used as a blueprint for content and technical development
Work with outside vendors to conduct site accessibility audits and implement changes based on feedback.
Frequently Conduct code reviews and fix or oversee UI related bugs.
MINIMUM/REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
5+ years of front-end development experience, especially rapid prototyping

Javascript, CSS 3, XHTML, HTML 5, AJAX, XML, JSON, DOM

Frameworks like ExtJS, Dojo, Prototype, YUI, GWT, jQuery, Ruby on Rails (ROR), Node.js

Solid understanding of User Experience Design and best practices
Experience developing responsive web designs that work well on all devices, especially mobile and tablet.
Experience working with a web server technology (Apache, Tomcat)
Experience developing applications that conform to section 508, WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0 guidelines

Familiarity with Freemarker template engine
- An eye for design
- Knowledge of server site programming
Version control (CVS, P4V, Subversion)
Strong interpersonal and communications skills

BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience developing Mobile prototypes
MVC frameworks like Struts, Spring, etc
Familiarity with Freemarker template engine
Experience with the eclipseIDE
Knowledge of the Structured Query Language (SQL), relational database principles a plus

quote:

Support Engineer - Mountain View, CA

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Day-to-day monitoring of eCommerce Site's Support Portal channels.
Escalation of support queries where appropriate.
Coordination with internal staff and external partners and building successful relationships with both.
Ensuring a timely resolution of ‘tickets’ in a meaningful way.
Proactively looking to improve our service to partners by being sensitive to their business needs.
Execution and completion of other duties as assigned such as creating customer self-help documentation, procedure/policy documentation, reports, etc.
MINIMUM/REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; can do attitude.
Previous technical support experience.
Problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative.
Highly motivated, self-directed and well organized.
Enjoys working closely with both business and technical staff.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS:
Familiarity with Jira, ZenDesk, and other Software-as-a-Service is a plus.
Comfortable engaging with customers in a variety of service situations.
Extremely comfortable with Internet technologies and eCommerce functionality.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.

quote:

IT Project Manager - Mountain View, CA

Responsibility:
Manage multiple IT projects of varying size and complexity from inception to completion
Provide leadership and direction to project team in areas that affect project, tasks, and deliverables
Manage scope, timeline, and resources/budget for each project and be able to hold others accountable
Identify key issues, risks, and mitigation plans and be able to resolve issues and/or implement mitigation
Ensure that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. SOX, PCI
Provide regular communication on status to executives, project team, key stakeholders, and vendors
Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with cross functional teams from business and technology
Help define best practices within PMO
Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline
5-7 years of IT operation, data center, and networking infrastructure project experience
General technical knowledge of system infrastructure, data centers, software deploy and release process
General knowledge of contact center systems, such as dialer, IVR. Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise preferred
Familiar with audit and compliance such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27000
Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Well organized and detailed oriented
Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
High degree of initiative and sense of urgency
Ability to work collaboratively and influence others
Proficiency in MS Office, Microsoft Project
PMP certification preferred, but not required

PM me if interested.

Can also be reached at:

SAJobsPosition@outlook.com

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

bam thwok posted:

By all means

Okay cool, he should be e-mailing you soon.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I have a new job, which means my current one is opening up. Its being a bit retooled, however, to have a stronger IT focus and less on digital collections development. That said, you need to have some library/archives experience or education for this position. A straight IT person will not fit. The position is in Philadelphia at one of the oldest historical societies in the United States. If you have questions send me a PM. I am not the person the you send applications to listed at the bottom of the posting, so don't write thinking your talking to a goon.

IT/Systems Librarian

Position Title: IT/Systems Librarian

Division: Library/Operations

Reports To: Senior Director of the Library/Chief Operating Officer

FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt

Date: March 27, 2013

Position Summary:

The Systems Librarian provides management, consultation and support for the technology-related systems and services at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania (HSP). This staff member is responsible for installation, management, and documentation of HSP’s integrated information systems and services.

Responsibilities:

-Managing and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server systems that reside on both local and hosted cloud-based infrastructure;

-Managing and troubleshooting network infrastructure that supports data, VoIP devices, wireless access points, and networked printers;

-Securing and protecting devices and data using centralized backup, anti-virus, anti-spam, and cloning services;

-Maintaining and upgrading a variety of services and software: web, email, database, fundraising and accounting applications;

-Maintaining library- and archives-centric applications, such as Archivists’ Toolkit, VuFind, Voyager and CollectiveAccess;

-Configuring and troubleshooting workstations, printers, and peripherals, as well as training staff to use hardware and systems;

-Maintaining good relationships with application vendors and developers for digital IT and library projects;

-Taking an active role in organization-wide planning and strategizing digital initiatives at HSP including digital partnerships, software and hardware selection, project support, digital preservation, IT vendor relationships and digital surrogate formats and storage;

-Staying abreast of current trends and emerging technology for library and archives, especially metadata formats such as EAD, MARC, Dublin Core and METS; and

-Performing other duties as assigned.

Job Requirements:

The position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience with a minimum of two years of relevant experience. An MLS/MLIS and/or 2 years experience in a library/archives setting is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as well as the ability to make progress on multiple projects simultaneously.

Experience with the following hardware is preferred: Cisco, Edgewater, and SonicWall network equipment, Dell and HP workstations, servers and tape systems.

Experience with the following operating systems is preferred: Windows XP/7/8 workstation, Mac OS, Windows 2003/2008 server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 5&6.

Experience with the following database systems is preferred: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Access. Experience with the following software is preferred: Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Raiser’s Edge, VuFind, Ex Libris/Voyager, Sage MIP, Archivists’ Toolkit, CollectiveAccess, VuFind.

Experience with Drupal CMS, PHP, RDF, EAC and RackSpace Cloud Servers and Files is a plus. Experience with web and mobile technologies is preferred.

Working Conditions:

Center City Philadelphia. General office working environment.

Position Details:

The Historical Society of Pennsylvania offers a comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision/short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a retirement plan managed through TIAA-CREF. Please note that we are unable to pay travel or relocation expenses. HSP is an equal opportunity employer.

Applications should include the following:

A cover letter outlining why you believe you would be a good applicant for this position
Current resume, including recent employment and education history
A list of three references. (Please note that HSP will not contact these people until you have been notified).

Applications should be e-mailed to:

Michael Hairston
Chief Operating Officer
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
e-mail: mhairston@hsp.org
No phone calls.

fuscus
Mar 18, 2013
Job Seeker

Skills Javascript, Jquery, Django, Python, HTML, and CSS.

Experience In order to learn, I made the entirety of this site https://www.tripwright.com.

Previously I worked at a consulting engineering that essentially paid me to sit east every day.

Location Around the Sunnyvale California area.

Looking for Some interesting web applications to build. I'd like to learn more but get paid for it.

Availibility Now

Contact please PM

Hurray for a first post.

Silvah
Aug 27, 2004
s0me
Job Opening:

Business: ScoreBig
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood, a couple blocks from Hollywood and Highland)
Hours: Monday-Friday 10 AM - 6:30~7:00 PM, sometimes a bit extra if there's a crunch and you're desperately needed, but really they're good about not abusing this. I've had to work over 40ish hours involuntarily only a handful of times.
Description: Senior full-stack developer, with skill in .NET (C#, ASP.NET MVC 3/4), Javascript/jQuery, CSS, and various related libraries. You'll end up using MSSQL 2012, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Coffeescript, LESS, Bootstrap, Handlebars/Mustache, Knockout, and many more things. Definitely a wide range of work. Our latest project is converting the entire website to be responsive, and it's going great.

This is my current/former position. I'm leaving this next week, due to personal reasons. I didn't want to or intend to leave, but had to make a choice based on some things I have going on right now. I really love the company and the people. Everyone there is genuinely nice and friendly (not weird and LA fake), and they have lots of cool stuff going on (there's a dedicated fun committee that plans cool events every couple of weeks). They're very transparent about the numbers and business plans, and the entire company was given the exact same Powerpoint (ugh) presentation by our CEO, who is also a really cool guy that I've enjoyed some beers with, that was given to prospective investors, regarding business plans, profit/revenue models, staffing levels, etc.

See the job posting for more details
http://scorebig.theresumator.com/apply/bBd5WX/Senior-Software-Engineer.html

Silvah fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 3, 2013

Deegan
Dec 12, 2008
Job Seeker

Experience:
I have been working for 6 years at a geospatial survey company. I have experience creating GIS and CAD mapping deliverables for multiple Departments of Transportation, Airports and the FAA (Airspace Analysis). I am the 3D modeling lead for our Lidar/HDS scanning and modeling department. I've used Leica's Cyclone and Revit to create as-built 3D models for use in BIM construction, demolition and remodeling/expansion projects. In the 6 years I've been employed with this company I've moved from Mapping Technician to Shift Supervisor to Production Manager;

I have great flexibility when it comes to adapting to new software and technology.
The owner of my company pursued projects that required deliverables with software packages we didn't yet own. He counted on me to learn Autodesk Revit and ESRI ArcGIS to complete these projects.

Skills: ArcGIS, Revit, Microstation, ISSD, Stereoscopic Mapping, 3DSMax, AutoCAD, Cloudworx, Leica's Cyclone, HDS Scanning, Airspace Obstruction Analysis, Photoshop, After Effects

Requirements:
Full-time

Can Start:
Within 2 weeks of hire.

Looking For:
I can be a valuable asset for a civil engineering firm, design firm or an architectural firm. I have experience working with point clouds, High Definition Laser Scanning and as-built models. I've learn multiple 3D modeling software packages and I'm not opposed to learning more. Prototype modeling, visualization or animated design are areas where my skills would also be beneficial. I'm hoping to find a position where I can be a part of the problem solving process in a company and tackle innovative challenges with a team. I enjoy the production side of things too.

Not Looking For:
A Q/A or Q/C only position. An internship. Part time. >50% Travel.

Deegan fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 8, 2013

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Job opening: At least 2 permissions editors (rights editors)
Industry: Educational Publishing
Duties: Do rights evaluations on incoming manuscripts and project manage EAs doing clearance work. Discern between third-party, original material, and public domain content. Make preliminary estimates on permissions costs and research rightsholders.
Requirements: 2 years experience doing rights and permissions work. Or honestly, if you've been an EA or AE and done your own perms that's probably enough.

PM for details

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Job Seeker

June 1st, Long Island, NY
(willing to relocate anywhere on the east coast OR in/near a major city)

Experience:
Graphic Design:
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver.
- Working knowledge of Flash and Acrobat (the latter might be a higher aptitude if I simply just delve deeper into it).
- Knowledgable with Mac OS X (to the point of being able to troubleshoot others computers)
- Working knowledge Microsoft Windows (Not as in depth as I am with Mac OS X, but I can do more than your average user)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS (completely willing to learn more on the coding side, however)
- Knowledgeable with publication design and layout (digital or printed)
- Working knowledge of pre press, package design and large format printing.

Currently I'm a Graphic Designer - Student Supervisor for my college's student activities department. I've been working there since January 2011, starting out as a Graphic Design Apprentice, promoted to Graphic Designer in six months, then a year later, my current position. My client base are usually students or academic departments on campus, but under special circumstances we have outside third parties. My office environment is a relaxed, student run office, however surprisingly professional. We normally work alone, but collaborate and bounce things off one another often.

Non Graphic Design Skills:
- Familiar and comfortable in a standard professional office setting
- Knowledgeable in MS Office
- Knowledgeable with typical receptionist and office assistant work
- Knowledgeable with social media
- Knowledgeable in journalistic practices and ethics
- Able to work with a wide variety of people (kids, elderly, different cultures/class/ability, etc.)

Requirements:
Full-time, $25k+ (completely understanding about circumstances and willing to negotiate), must be within distance to reliable public transit (so pretty much near or in cities)

Can Start:
June 1st the earliest, but within two weeks of hire date

Looking For:
I'm totally comfortable as a junior designer! However, I'm absolutely comfortable with office or clerical work. I'm graduating in May so my mind is totally open as to where to get a first real job.

Not Looking For:
Internships or part time. I'm open to temp work, depending on what it is.

Contact: I surprisingly don't have PM! tuzo underscore three one nine six @ ric dot edu

teen witch fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 7, 2013

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe
We have tons of gigs open at my company (mostly in Socal/Irvine) please contact me directly via Email for special consideration. Kick rear end company-best corporate culture I have ever been a part of and we also hit the Forbes list as one of America's most promising companies. We need CSR's, coders, UX designers, Biz dev people, marketing--a slew of stuff. Details of all open positions at the link. I'd be happy to share more over Email or phone. djsizzle@gmail.com

http://www.kareo.com/about/join-the-team

If you want to see how we roll, this is a pic of me in a meeting in a tuxedo with Barry the Bear (not official sales mascot) Yeah.

Edit: poo poo, sorry for table breakages I thought that was a resized pic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJ Sizzle fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 8, 2013

StarSiren
Feb 15, 2005

Wade in the water, Children, Wade in the water

DJ Sizzle posted:

We have tons of gigs open at my company (mostly in Socal/Irvine) please contact me directly via Email for special consideration. Kick rear end company-best corporate culture I have ever been a part of and we also hit the Forbes list as one of America's most promising companies. We need CSR's, coders, UX designers, Biz dev people, marketing--a slew of stuff. Details of all open positions at the link. I'd be happy to share more over Email or phone.

Do you have room for a communications/social media/graphic designer at your company? Maybe even in the Indiana office?

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe

StarSiren posted:

Do you have room for a communications/social media/graphic designer at your company? Maybe even in the Indiana office?

I can see...I think we have those bases covered, it certainly wouldn't be in Indy though. The only staff in Indy are sales and implementation. 20 people in Indy and 300 in Cali to give you an example. We are building an amazing office structure there right now, the Indy office is nice but nothing like California.

The marketing and product manager (one of if not THE coolest guy in the company) is a pal of mine, but he has a social media manager and graphic desiger both that do a great job for us.

For those that didn't click the link, there are a large amount of jobs in a wide spectrum:

Business Intelligence Analyst Irvine CA Finance
Customer Success Coach Irvine CA CSC
Customer Support Superstar Irvine CA Customer Support
Database Administrator Irvine CA Network Operations
Director of Onboarding Irvine CA Customer Support
Director of Marketing - Communications Master Irvine CA Marketing
Director of Business Development Irvine CA Marketing
Engineering Manager .NET Irvine CA Development
Engineering Manager Java Irvine CA Engineering
Medical Billing Specialist Irvine CA RCM
PM Training Specialist (Internal Only) Irvine CA Training
Senior Network Engineer Irvine CA Net/Ops
Senior Software Engineer Core APIs Irvine CA Development
Senior Software Engineer Java Irvine CA Engineering
Senior Web Software Engineer - .NET Irvine CA Development
Software Development Engineer in Test .NET Irvine CA Engineering
Software Development Engineer in Test Senior - Java Irvine CA Engineering
Software Engineer .NET Irvine CA Development
Software Engineer Associate Irvine CA Engineering
Sr. Product Manager Irvine CA Product Development
Sr. Software Engineer Reliability Engineering Irvine CA Development
Sr. Web Software Engineer Java Irvine CA Development
Team Lead Medical Billing (internal only) Irvine CA RCM
UX Designer Irvine CA Engineering
UX Engineer / Front-end Developer Irvine CA Product Development

DJ Sizzle fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

If you're a freelance coder that can do a Flash to HTML5 conversion, email me at fximan at yahoo dot com, I can get you work starting this week.