Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Wait, so none of the people who died before we invaded Iraq count as casualties in the War on Terror?

Obviously Afghanistan was just a warmup before they went after the real 9/11 perpetrators in Iraq.

I guess. I don't think my brain is equipped to understand the logic of the kind of people who draw poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

tetsman posted:

Furry Top Gear fanart I guess?

Oh boy I can't wait for the adventures of furry animal guy and his clone, furry animal guy 2: electric boogaloo.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Wait, so none of the people who died before we invaded Iraq count as casualties in the War on Terror?

Well isn't this a hell of a derail

EDIT: Oh hi S.W.

redmercer has a new favorite as of 22:17 on Mar 24, 2013

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I like to make fun of pony fans and furries for grabbing every obscure thing and mixing with their fandoms for no apparent reason, but I realize that Touhou is no better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the my Little Pony fandom is the closest western analogue to the Touhou fandom, just in scope.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Back in the thread this was probably first posted in, I explained that the reason the hosts are so appalled when this text

showed up was because it says, "Temee no sakuhin sugoku omoshiroi!" or, "Your show is really interesting/funny!" However, the woman says that she understands that in English, you=you, but in Japan there are several different ways of saying 'you', each with their own respective levels of familiarity and respect. While she was in America, some otaku came up to her and said that, not realizing that 'temee' is one of the worst ways of referring to somebody, especially someone you've just met. But, yes, they're spending most of their time mocking the band, as they rightfully should.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
Regular Show Fanart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm sorry, this one is legit awesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lord Lambeth posted:

Oh boy I can't wait for the adventures of furry animal guy and his clone, furry animal guy 2: electric boogaloo.

Apparently the nice thing about being a furry artist is you only have to learn one face per species. You just sparkle that dog to differentiate it from other, identically shaped dogs.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Okay, the third hand killed me. Very well done.

kinmik posted:

Back in the thread this was probably first posted in, I explained that the reason the hosts are so appalled when this text

showed up was because it says, "Temee no sakuhin sugoku omoshiroi!" or, "Your show is really interesting/funny!" However, the woman says that she understands that in English, you=you, but in Japan there are several different ways of saying 'you', each with their own respective levels of familiarity and respect. While she was in America, some otaku came up to her and said that, not realizing that 'temee' is one of the worst ways of referring to somebody, especially someone you've just met. But, yes, they're spending most of their time mocking the band, as they rightfully should.

Yes, let's go with the one that's usually given the vocal inflection of unending hate in my animes, there's no way that can possibly go wrong :downs:

Weeaboos, man.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Okay, the third hand killed me. Very well done.

Yes, let's go with the one that's usually given the vocal inflection of unending hate in my animes, there's no way that can possibly go wrong :downs:

Weeaboos, man.

I never ever get tired of white nerds making themselves look stupid in front of Japanese people because they learned how to talk from watching Shounen anime. I also remember a video where some nerds weirded Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto out because they called him Miyamoto-sama. I realize that anime throws -sama around quite a bit but it's seriously not how real people talk.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I never ever get tired of white nerds making themselves look stupid in front of Japanese people because they learned how to talk from watching Shounen anime. I also remember a video where some nerds weirded Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto out because they called him Miyamoto-sama. I realize that anime throws -sama around quite a bit but it's seriously not how real people talk.

A long time ago in a A/T about learning foreign languages someone commented that any first year Japanese class at a University will have a large block of self taught animu speakers who are usually told by the Professor that they need to unlearn everything they picked up from anime because it would be like speaking English by imitating the Loony Toons characters.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Manofmanusernames posted:

Regular Show Fanart

I've gotta say, Iacedrom and Ybgir are WAY more popular with the fanbase than I would have expected.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Well, my brain sure wasn't prepared for this:

Holy Cross 9 posted:

Mushu Holy Cross

This Holy Cross I digitally painted than is not only fanart to Mushu, the small, egotistical, and yet loyal Chinese dragon from Disney's animated feature film, Mulan, but it is also a gift for the amazingly excellent animator who brought him to life: Tom Bancroft. Key inspiration for this Holy Cross comes from how I learned that he's also a man who has accepted Jesus Christ as his Eternal Lord and Savior, which I think is most joyous... I designed the Cross with some of Mushu's physical features, including his diminutive blue horns. Another reason I erected this is that whenever you are experiencing moments of spiritual struggles or doubts, this Holy Cross will be here to help you remember our Lord Jesus and how much He loves you. Again, I really hope you appreciate this gift I made for you, Tom.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

This owns :colbert:

But yeah, people will cross Touhou with anything:

And of course, ponies:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

U.T. Raptor posted:

And of course, ponies:

So it's the international crossover that makes the entire world bemoan the existence of bronies and touhou fans?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Last thread there was a note about many manga/artists doing depictions of great history character (like DaVinci, Caesar, Newton) on their own styles. Someone happens to have a link handy? :shobon:

Manofmanusernames posted:

Regular Show Fanart
For some reason i'm getting a lot of dead links here :psyduck:

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Rahonavis posted:

Well, my brain sure wasn't prepared for this:

This is like the Christian version of the bologna fetishist.

Here is content.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

That would have made LA Noire a lot better, not gonna lie.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Imgur roulette never dissapoints.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Lord Lambeth posted:

You rang?

And OBVIOUSLY those two are May and Hammond, not Clarkson and May. Notice their proximity to what looks like a Porsche 911. If it were Jeremy, he'd have broken out in hives.

Oh, and content:

While there's nothing particularly wrong with these, I will say that there's something mighty discomforting about chibi-fying some middle aged men.

trilobite terror has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Mar 25, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm sure this is from the CAD thread. It's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

Edit:

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Mar 25, 2013

John Liver
May 4, 2009

It looks like Chewie is just holding a big model of the Millennium Falcon. Like "Hey, look what I found in the garage!"

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I'd ask why Richard "The Hamster" Hammond isn't a hamster, but as well all know,

he's not a real hamster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

And OBVIOUSLY those two are May and Hammond, not Clarkson and May. Notice their proximity to what looks like a Porsche 911. If it were Jeremy, he'd have broken out in hives.

No, because if you're a Top Gear fan, and also a furry, why would you pass up the opportunity to make Hamster an actual hamster?

e;fb

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

No God No Justice

Grimquestioner
Feb 15, 2010

SO GOOD

I love Salvador here.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I usually hate claptrap but he looks totally dapper and hilarious at the same time.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

He just looks so content with the situation.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Waffleman_ posted:

No, because if you're a Top Gear fan, and also a furry, why would you pass up the opportunity to make Hamster an actual hamster?

e;fb

I dunno, dude. We're referring to a guy who is presumably so lazy/untalented/obsessed with one dog "fursona" that his idea of creating two separate characters is to draw the same basic body twice, copy/paste the face from one onto the other, and make them different colors.

Clarkson and May don't exactly look particularly similar either. And one of them sure as hell isn't "black version of the other." So forgive me for trying to use some goddamn context clues, like a good sixth grader, in order to attempt figuring out which two Top Gear hosts might be represented by a teenager's drawing of some anthropomorphic dogs.

Maybe Richard, "the Hamster" (he's not really a hamster, is he), Hammond is in the picture- as a hamster. Maybe he's up one of the dogs' butts. Maybe it's all implied and we're just not equipped with the proper frame of reference to see it. It is a loving mystery and we will never know- because trying to make sense of furry art is like trying to rebuild the Tower of Babel with macaroni and glue stick.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

So sometimes when I'm tired but unable to sleep, I tend to scroll down and down and down on the DeviantArt frontpage. This is what I found tonight.
http://supremoxq15.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-The-Abs-of-Chocolate-XP-361391505
I personally find that the music adds something extra to the whole thing.

Edit: Might not be safe for work? I honestly don't know what your work might think about Sonics chocolate abs undulating to dramatic music.
Edit 2: http://dbzbabe.deviantart.com/art/Dance-Vegeta-Dance-361386859
Yeah. Somehow these things actually being in motion make them really funny to me.

Set has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Mar 25, 2013

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I dunno, dude. We're referring to a guy who is presumably so lazy/untalented/obsessed with one dog "fursona" that his idea of creating two separate characters is to draw the same basic body twice, copy/paste the face from one onto the other, and make them different colors.

Obligatory:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Rahonavis posted:

Obligatory:

Whoever did these didn't even have to draw anything themself.

These happen to all be made with some flash-based character maker thing. And I happen to know this because a friend showed it to me back before either of us knew what furries were. Even back then I thought it was pretty weird and a bit creepy to draw dogs like this, despite my naivity.

Those were the days...

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
The only things you really need to keep in mind when drawing Jeremy Clarkson is bushy hair, red face, and a shitload of denim and everyone knows who it is

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
They've drawn the wrong wheels spinning on that mini. Immersion ruined:colbert:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Thank you for telling me this is Jeremy Clarkson, I would have thought it was a dog.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

scarycave posted:

Thank you for telling me this is Jeremy Clarkson, I would have thought it was a dog.

Out of all those pictures, that one actually kinda does look the most like Jeremy Clarkson though.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
There is this one gambling manga called Kaiji that I like to read, and it has a particular art style that you can see for yourself in a thread on our very own ADTRW.

Please take a moment to review how the characters are usually drawn, and how one fangirl tries to reconcile Fukumoto's art style with her own.

That's a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Maybe Richard, "the Hamster" (he's not really a hamster, is he), Hammond is in the picture- as a hamster. Maybe he's up one of the dogs' butts. Maybe it's all implied and we're just not equipped with the proper frame of reference to see it. It is a loving mystery and we will never know- because trying to make sense of furry art is like trying to rebuild the Tower of Babel with macaroni and glue stick.

No, he's not really a hamster. He's a man who's been able to carve out a bestselling literary career off the back of his own inability to drive safely, which is more than what can be said about these artists and their inability to draw well. I hope.

• Locked thread