Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Ashenai posted:

He's bragging about scoring 105 on an online IQ test :psyduck:

Isn't 105 above average? rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's so barely above average that it honestly doesn't matter.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

SovietSpyGuy posted:

Yeah, this woman is a retard. So gently caress everyone who isn't poor! I hate the wealthy! Nobody ever starts successful businesses unless they were already rich*! Ugh! gently caress this gay earth!

The problem isn't that she's rich, it's that she's greedy. She's taking a website mean to help people do cool stuff and using it so she doesn't have to pay for something she can easily afford.

There's nothing wrong with being rich by itself, it's when you become greedy or selfish, that's the issue. Sadly too many rich people lack the self control not to become either of these.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It's so barely above average that it honestly doesn't matter.

More like within statistical deviation.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

serious norman posted:

Isn't 105 above average? rear end in a top hat.

On an online let's-inflate-the-score-so-people-are-more-likely-to-pay-for-the-full-thing test? No, that's pretty low — the average for those is probably somewhere in the 130 range. :D

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What do you suppose the over/under is on someone finding the real woman in question and her going "umm what Kickstarter"?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We interrupt this thread for good Kickstarter news.

The Kickstarter that made Kickstarter the talk of the town, Double Fine Adventure, now have a name and some basic info about it. It's now known as Broken Age.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

The Kickstarter that made Kickstarter the talk of the town, Double Fine Adventure, now have a name and some basic info about it. It's now known as Broken Age.

I remember Riley getting mad that Double Fine had been a success while her game bombed and citing it as a blow to social justice. Now Double-Fine just made one of the co-stars of one of the most anticipated games of the year be a woman of color. :golfclap:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I remember Riley getting mad that Double Fine had been a success while her game bombed and citing it as a blow to social justice. Now Double-Fine just made one of the co-stars of one of the most anticipated games of the year be a woman of color. :golfclap:

A cis-gendered colored woman :colbert:

NO JUSTICE

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Good god now I have to get a second job or something this summer to afford all these games coming out. Shadowrun? Planescape? Broken Age? gently caress.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

A cis-gendered colored woman :colbert:

NO JUSTICE

A cis-ethnic singular, at that! Shame on you, Double Fine!

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Who is Riley?

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Found millionaire mom's twitter account linked directly from her business' website: https://twitter.com/fundher

Down on March 20th, you can see where she apparently spammed her KS to dozens of people, including Lady Gaga and Ellen Degeneres.

ce gars has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Mar 25, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Yeah, and it looks like it's one of those cross-generational stories done right, unlike Riley's confusing mess of a story that was simple white boy and his black girlfriend in love story.

Orzo posted:

Who is Riley?

A SJW, had a tumblr called whatwhitepeoplehate or something like that.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Some dude tries to pass off what is essentially legos as an original, 3D printed product. People call him out.

He edits his entire pitch into a huge hissy fit

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pastrymancy posted:

Some dude tries to pass off what is essentially legos as an original, 3D printed product. People call him out.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gently caress-you-all posted:

I thought I had a great idea here.

Really thought I knew who I could count on to help make this happen.

Spent hours, days, weeks pulling this together. Had multiple donations lined up, had a few "big names" on board to give me some cred...

...pull the trigger and nothing. "oh you were SERIOUS? LOL I'm not spending money on toys, get a real job." "So what you're going to pirate Legos?" (this after explaining it multiple times and ways!) "oh that, yeah I can't afford to donate, I have a life you know."

Folks... seriously. You can donate enough money to a sick pupy to ensure that it's owners can buy a new loving house but you can't donate a buck here.

Indiegogo is a joke. Crowdfunding is a loving joke. This entire venture was one catastrophic waste of time.

Spent hours blogging, no one read the links. I can prove that with the metrics. Not a single loving click, yet dozens of lies "Oh yeah I read your blog keep up the good work." mmmHHm.

Sent out hundreds of tweets, no one responded.. In fact most people just blocked me. Including my own loving friends.

This has been one gigantic mindrape and I am never ever putting myself through this again.

Never again.

gently caress you.

gently caress you all.
:stare:

Just about the only thing that wasn't changed into a "gently caress you all" is the pitch video

edit: Oh lord it gets better
$1
Kiss my rear end.

Only $1!!

0 claimed
$10
Too little too late

I put curse upon you house. Something with spiders.

0 claimed
$50
HA!

If you're not willing to spend $1 you're not going to even consider this.

0 out of 4 claimed
$100
"Seriously?"

"I need to put food on the table and gas in the car. I can't drop money on a stupid internet thing."

0 out of 5 claimed
$14,750
Bite the BIG one.

I never really expected to reach this goal. They aim for the moon and miss, you'll wind up among the stars... $2500 would have made a good portion of this idea happen -- as I detailed in the blogs no one read.

0 out of 1 claimed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

And what does this 12 year old boy who shouldn't be allowed to have an Xbox Live account let alone one on Indiegogo look like?

Oh.

dumpster17
Mar 16, 2013
Tape recorders for Sasquatch listening: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sasquatch-listening-project?c=home
What gets me is the whole animal category on indiegogo: its basically give me $1000 or I kill this dog with unverifiable health issues. :(

Edit: never mind, the whole political category is even worse. Including this gem: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/afdi-jihad-awareness-campaign

dumpster17 has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Mar 25, 2013

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Pastrymancy posted:

Wow, what a baby. So he didn't get funded. Now he's going to assure that any mild semblance of good will he had has been flushed down the shitter. :allears:

E: And it's flexible funding, too! The bastard's even insulting people who took enough pity to donate!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Well, since the time has now run out, he's still going to get some nice beer money for his tantrum.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

I made this thing - http://tindeck.com/listen/qzly

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Noyemi K posted:

Wow, what a baby. So he didn't get funded. Now he's going to assure that any mild semblance of good will he had has been flushed down the shitter. :allears:

E: And it's flexible funding, too! The bastard's even insulting people who took enough pity to donate!

Don't forgot he also complained about all his friends too. If he ever actually had any before this, he probably lost them.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

OldMemes posted:

The problem isn't that she's rich, it's that she's greedy. She's taking a website mean to help people do cool stuff and using it so she doesn't have to pay for something she can easily afford.

There's nothing wrong with being rich by itself, it's when you become greedy or selfish, that's the issue. Sadly too many rich people lack the self control not to become either of these.

Exactly this. I'm not going to get into this in a broader societal sense, but it's like some sort of battered wife syndrome where clear evidence is being shown that this is a scam, and yet people rush to defend the scammer. In the comment section, people posted copious amounts of evidence showing that this project violates the KS TOS and is pretty clearly a scam. Here's a representative response from one of the people white knighting the millionaire scam artist.

quote:

Yeah this goofy lemonade stand video is really scamming people. I'm sure all us backers are sacrificing our last loaf of bread because Susan's marketing savvy is just too overpowering for us. Oh no! It's an internet video! Better hide your wallets!

Be real: you hate Susan because she's rich, happy, and a woman. You're jealous misogynists. The success of others--especially women--makes you angry.

You are so out of touch that you actually think this reflects poorly on Susan... wow. The success of this project is just another bullet-point on her long resume of successes! Even the controversy only drives her popularity and success forward. I wouldn't have discovered this project without the controversy. Now I'm a happy and satisfied backer.

Way to go Susan and Kenzie. You rock!!! Keep being creative and making the world a better place.

To all the basement-dwellers... you spend your free time attacking the digital lemonade stand of a 9 nine year old. Pretty much sums it up.

:bang:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

But be real: we DO hate her cause she's a woman. She's just so... uppity, and successful. UGH.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pastrymancy posted:

Does anyone have an archived copy of the original pitch? I desperately want to see what his "brilliant idea" that was probably Lego was and see just how it scared off all his "investors" (since, reading between the lines, it's clear that's what really happened - people thought he was being cute and then realized "oh, god, he's actually going to pirate a patent", but I want to see it with my own eyes).

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

The video is still there, which has his "great idea" in it.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
The RPG camp kickstarter thing is funny to me because it informed me of the fact that courses in RPG maker are a thing that exist, and people pay $829 for them. Couldn't you take a course in something actually useful for $829?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Is this the RPG Maker camp to which she wants to send her kid? Because I don't think I could take living in a world of multiple RPG Maker camps.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Luckily, I believe that is the same RPG Maker camp. Unfortunately, according to this comment from a counselor that someone posted to that Kickstarter from the IGN boards, it seems like that camp is pretty much a worthless scam, as well. There's just layer upon layer of scamming going on here.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

DeepDickPizza posted:

Luckily, I believe that is the same RPG Maker camp. Unfortunately, according to this comment from a counselor that someone posted to that Kickstarter from the IGN boards, it seems like that camp is pretty much a worthless scam, as well. There's just layer upon layer of scamming going on here.

See that steam logo? You can tell they know all about TECH.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

Yeah their website says they teach tile based mapping, pixel art, and conditional statements. If you're capable of reading the help file of RPG Maker VX Ace teaches you all about most of these things, and altering preexisting sprites for RPG Maker isn't exactly difficult, since you can do it in loving MS Paint.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

THE PWNER posted:

The RPG camp kickstarter thing is funny to me because it informed me of the fact that courses in RPG maker are a thing that exist, and people pay $829 for them. Couldn't you take a course in something actually useful for $829?

Actually you could, courses at my university have 750-1000 USD tuition (mostly 750 though, pretty cheap I'd say~)

RPGMaker VX Ace is so simple to use that all you really need is the asking price and one of the many wonderful tutorials on the internet (if even that, it's ridiculously simple).

VVVEdit: if she wants to get into tech for real, she'd best drop that inattentiveness poo poo real quick; documentation is all you have to work with most of the time.

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 08:48 on Mar 25, 2013

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

Yeah their website says they teach tile based mapping, pixel art, and conditional statements. If you're capable of reading the help file of RPG Maker VX Ace teaches you all about most of these things, and altering preexisting sprites for RPG Maker isn't exactly difficult, since you can do it in loving MS Paint.

That's awesome, but I don't know of too many 9 year olds who sit down in front of a computer and read documentation.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

Sigma-X posted:

That's awesome, but I don't know of too many 9 year olds who sit down in front of a computer and read documentation.

Anyone actually interested in getting into the STEM sector at all would most certainly have no problem reading that stuff. I used to have an older version of RPG Maker when I was around 9 as well, maybe closer to 11, but I sat down and read through everything I felt I needed to learn to do it. Even if you don't like reading, there is countless YouTube and picture/text tutorials all over the web for it. What they really need is RPG Toolkit, I believe it was called. God was that a horrible pile.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sigma-X posted:

It was a different age with different documentation (i.e. actual manuals that were actually useful) but when I was 9 every kid read documentation because microcomputers were the poo poo and even though 10 ?"JERRY COTTON RULES! ";:GOTO10 was pretty cool you really wanted to make something better. Perhaps add a little POKE53281,INT(RND(0)*255+1) in there etc.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I think that NotLegos guy might have had a better shot if his 3D model of a building block didn't look like flatted rear end with microsoft word art draped over it. I mean it's a block. How the gently caress do you gently caress up making one of those in a CAD program?

Assuming the underside of his block had something to actually latch onto those tiny nubs he put on the top, it'd either have to be made of very thick plastic or it's going to be a very loose lock.

Besides, 3D printing? are home printers good enough now to make lego blocks? They're very small, precise things. And would the 3D printing plastic be strong enough not to break or come apart the first time you wedge to bricks together or separate them?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DeepDickPizza posted:

I don't see how this is any more a scam than a camp where kids play soccer all day or make crafts.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I don't see how this is any more a scam than a camp where kids play soccer all day or make crafts.

Typically those camps actually do what they say they do and that is take kids outdoors and play sports with other kids with no false pretenses or unrealistic promises.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Because it's a camp that professes to teach computer skills, but instead the kids play soccer all day or make crafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
Which either is the one location or not true at all, since my own personal experience had work every day until the lunch period, which is when the stuff like kickball and other things happen. But it's still fairly affordable that a woman with enough money as her can send their kid to it without a kickstarter.