Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

gardenald posted:

Someone get at me on twitter or by pm when it goes up, I'd like to get in on it.

You're in for sure if you want the spot. I had one guy decline his spot in the next league.

Those of you who haven't sitemailed me on WIS for your spot in the next league make sure to let me know if you want your spot for the next one. I've got a few goons that haven't replied to me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Devo posted:

You're in for sure if you want the spot. I had one guy decline his spot in the next league.

Those of you who haven't sitemailed me on WIS for your spot in the next league make sure to let me know if you want your spot for the next one. I've got a few goons that haven't replied to me yet.

Oh yeah I guess I'll do this again (and probably ignore it by mid-season)

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Devo posted:

Yeah I definitely want in

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
So, anyone have any idea here?

AlleyViper posted:

So, I've got a guy in Greenwell whose contract I no longer want on my books. I was going to waive him and hope someone claimed him but we're in the playoffs and he already passed through waivers unclaimed during Waiveageddon, so I can't waive him a second time. I figured I'd remove him from the 40-man then add him again to see if it would let me waive him again, and I get this message which I was only vaguely aware existed in HBD since it has never come up for me before:

There's no prompt from here to let him walk so I'm guessing the default release option is the only release option. Is there a way to release him this way that voids his contract or is it only possible to release a guy that still sticks you with his contract as normal?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=19698811&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

7IP, 2R
2-3, 1HR, 4RBI

Oh, Addie. :allears:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I've become the master of bullshit RC playoff runs, I guess.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Babe. Motherfucking. Ruth.

PA 1: 1B
PA 2: 2B
PA 3: 3B
PA 4: E8, reached base
PA 5: HR

Natural. Goddamned. Cycle. :allears:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, so we ignore errors now?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

AlleyViper posted:

Oh, so we ignore errors now?

The only stipulation I'm aware of for a natural cycle is that they come in order, not that they have to be consecutive. Am I mistaken?

e: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/feats16d.shtml has it as "Cycles | Hit In Natural Order | 1B, 2B, 3B, HR"

e2: MLB itself says "Natural cycles -- hitting a single, double, triple, home run in order" here http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/history/rare_feats/index.jsp?feature=hit_for_cycle

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 19, 2013

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

New thread for random captain is here

If you responded to me after the last league you're already in. If you didn't play in the last one there's still some spots open.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

AlleyViper posted:

So, anyone have any idea here?

"You may either keep him on your 40-man or release him"

Seems cut and dry

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

"You may either keep him on your 40-man or release him"

Seems cut and dry

The issue isn't "keep or release?" it's "would releasing him void the rest of his contract?" Because the verbiage is vague enough that I could see it meaning that he opts out of his contract instead of taking a minor league assignment, even though I'm sure it doesn't work like that (and I don't believe it does IRL either).

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Oh my mistake.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that contract remains guaranteed.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This all Barry team is the most fun team i've ever made! All this and i'm still a few out of first in my division :(

I think this league is going to end up with just about the most 100+ win teams i've ever seen.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

No more bitching about how you never win in the playoffs, PMP!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

4 pennants and 0 titles :cool:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This All Barry team has been the funnest team i've ever made by far. If I were to set up a theme league that made everyone have the same All Barry in Coors offense, and you pick the pitcher(s) of your choice, would anyone be up for this?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ArtVandelay posted:

This All Barry team has been the funnest team i've ever made by far. If I were to set up a theme league that made everyone have the same All Barry in Coors offense, and you pick the pitcher(s) of your choice, would anyone be up for this?

I'd be up for a non-exclusive Two Man Band in Coors, actually

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

I'd be up for a non-exclusive Two Man Band in Coors, actually

We could have that as our next goon league.

We'd just have to make sure that for however many people pick Babe and Barry, they pick different pitchers.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I'd be up for either of those.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I'd do it. Even just a Coors-only league would be fun as hell.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone interested in an OL goon rush? I just got inspired for a gimmick team.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

I've got a (bad) gimmick team of guys named Willie ready to go.

This team would win maybe 75 games in a good season.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I, also, have a bad team to enter

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I do not yet have a bad team to enter but if someone has ideas for the rest of this team I'm all ears

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Not sure where else I'll go with it but this is what I'm doing

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

AlleyViper posted:

I just bought 6 seasons when I joined the latest Goon league; so i might be down, depending on the gimmick.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

AlleyViper posted:

Eric Chavez

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

AlleyViper posted:

you're missing 2005 Endy Chavez, The Best Endy Chavez

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So it looks like tdoak is done commishing two man bands for a little while, so he's okay with me setting up Coors exclusive Babe or Barry (or someone else if you prefer) two man band. I'll probably set it up this weekend. How many goons can I expect for this?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

So it looks like tdoak is done commishing two man bands for a little while, so he's okay with me setting up Coors exclusive Babe or Barry (or someone else if you prefer) two man band. I'll probably set it up this weekend. How many goons can I expect for this?

Me definitely.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

I'd be in for that probably.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Yes.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Shut down WIS, Bob finally won one!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
And it only took me THIRTY playoff teams.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think the bigger story would be me winning my 2nd world series. It's just never going to happen.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i have no idea how to build an astrodome team

e:

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 28, 2013

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ArtVandelay posted:

Yeah this would be cool. Also anyone set up the WIS fantasy baseball league yet?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

Yeah this would be cool. Also anyone set up the WIS fantasy baseball league yet?

Like 3 people said they'd be interested, so I took that to mean basically no one cared and I stopped asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ArtVandelay posted:

Like 3 people said they'd be interested, so I took that to mean basically no one cared and I stopped asking.

smh

• Locked thread