Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Heath posted:

I'm hoping Zero's parallels to Kaine are intentional and not just the character designers playing off of what was popular before.

The artist probably just has a hard-on for drawing white haired skimpily dressed chicks, think The Last Story had one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's what I'm thinking, yeah.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
Yoko Taro just wrote on his blogg that more DoD3 news are coming very soon.

Nyagato fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 17, 2013

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Zero and White Dragon.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I hope they make poster prints of that :swoon:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pesky Splinter posted:

Poster thing:

No, Kaine that's not how you get the flower trophy stop it :ohdear:

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
Yoko Taro just tweeted about the posibillity to get a game (DoD3) localized with crowdfunding.

Just really hypotethical but I would pay to get DoD3 localized

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nyagato posted:

Yoko Taro just tweeted about the posibillity to get a game (DoD3) localized with crowdfunding.

Just really hypotethical but I would pay to get DoD3 localized

Wait they're not planning to release it outside of Japan?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

As it appears to be the case, no, Square Enix isn't planning to do so.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eh, I would not actually jump to that conclusion literally less than a week after the game is announced based on a tweet.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
It was probably more of a hypothetical tweet, seeing as the game is just announced and no one has any idea how DoD3 will sell and stuff.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I'm a little confused about what exactly is going on with this game from a development perspective. Like, I was pretty sure Cavia was dead, but the same team seems to be working on this game? And also, how do the guys behind deadly premonition fit in?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm a little confused about what exactly is going on with this game from a development perspective. Like, I was pretty sure Cavia was dead, but the same team seems to be working on this game? And also, how do the guys behind deadly premonition fit in?

Access Games, the guys behind Deadly Premonition and the Lord of <X> franchises, are the ones doing all the heavy lifting with making the game. The Cavia dream time is comprised mostly of the design side like with scenario and music, that kind of thing. Cavia as a production team is gone, but Square-Enix bothered to send out for the people with talent at Cavia to come helm the new game.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Access Games, the guys behind Deadly Premonition and the Lord of <X> franchises, are the ones doing all the heavy lifting with making the game. The Cavia dream time is comprised mostly of the design side like with scenario and music, that kind of thing. Cavia as a production team is gone, but Square-Enix bothered to send out for the people with talent at Cavia to come helm the new game.

Though it seems like Access Games are bad at the same things Cavia was so this will be fun.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Hell yes, I came here to read up on NIER since i'm getting it tomorrow, and now there's going to be some more Drakengard? This loving rules!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

klapman posted:

Hell yes, I came here to read up on NIER since i'm getting it tomorrow, and now there's going to be some more Drakengard? This loving rules!

I almost wish you would stream it klapman. :getin:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

tooooooo bad posted:

I almost wish you would stream it klapman. :getin:

If I hadn't already read TDI's LP, I would totally be up for putting another near mental breakdown on the internet, but alas. I might have already spent all my karma for being completely ignorant of one emotionally devastating game. :smith:

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
I made a video. The editing's a bit blunt force trauma but you might enjoy it, I don't know.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

I made a video. The editing's a bit blunt force trauma but you might enjoy it, I don't know.

This game is going to be mess, isn't it Zack? But, as they say; Life...is beautiful.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Heath posted:

I'm hoping Zero's parallels to Kaine are intentional and not just the character designers playing off of what was popular before.

If this bitch doesn't have a dick I'm not buying.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Finished Drakengard last night. Don't think it's quite as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I did cheat my way around having to grind kills to level up weapons though. Had actual honest fun with some of the dragon stages, like the ones that are basically anti-ship missions from an Ace Combat game except you're controlling a dragon. Totally glad I played it.

By the way,

:unsmigghh:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Is that...Verdelet, Mannah and Seere? :pwn:

[e]: Wow...this comic.

It is the cult of the Watchers or something - they even have the three-eyed, two-headed icon, and all the soldiers have glowing eyes..

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 24, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New information coming out of Famitsu this week. No scan images yet but apparently Drakengard 3 is a prequel to the original and the dragon's name is Mikhail. The eye-flower is some kind of weird skill Zero has, and there will be returning battle companions to attack for/heal you.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Pesky Splinter posted:

Is that...Verdelet, Mannah and Seere? :pwn:

Why can't this fucker die :negative:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Policenaut posted:

New information coming out of Famitsu this week. No scan images yet but apparently Drakengard 3 is a prequel to the original and the dragon's name is Mikhail. The eye-flower is some kind of weird skill Zero has, and there will be returning battle companions to attack for/heal you.

Aw so there's basically 0 chance of Nier tie in stuff.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Call Now posted:

Why can't this fucker die :negative:

Verdelet will not rest so long as any of the dirty sub-humans draw breath. He's like a racist Vhailor.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It is somewhat disappointing we're not getting something that follows from the B, C or D Endings. On the other hand, at least it doesn't follow from Ending A.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Policenaut posted:

and the dragon's name is Mikhail.

This fills me with glee for reasons that I'm not entirely sure of. I think it's because it doesn't even make any pretense of being a fancy fantasy name like the other games did with their dragons. I could run into a Mikhail on the street. Much less likely to run into a Legna.

Clandestine
May 31, 2011

Policenaut posted:

apparently Drakengard 3 is a prequel to the original and the dragon's name is Mikhail.

A prequel you say? I... Really don't know how I feel about that. While I know Drakengard 2 is something that is only spoken of in dark alleyways and eldritch circles, I kind of expected Drakengard 3 to move the series forward, considering the final scene in the former game.

On that note, the dragon's name is a pretty interesting one, and if I was a betting type of person, I'd bet there is some reasoning behind that particular name.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Clandestine posted:

A prequel you say? I... Really don't know how I feel about that. While I know Drakengard 2 is something that is only spoken of in dark alleyways and eldritch circles, I kind of expected Drakengard 3 to move the series forward, considering the final scene in the former game.

On that note, the dragon's name is a pretty interesting one, and if I was a betting type of person, I'd bet there is some reasoning behind that particular name.

Turns out Drakengard 3 is actually a gorey and depressing treatise on Perestrokia and Glasnot and the various endings to the game are possible outgrowths with the cannonical endinging being one of oligarchical shock doctrine allowing for Manah to inherit the seat of power for Drakengard 1.

Also someone eats a baby.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
A prequel? That's too bad, prequels are usually to flesh out the world and the world isn't exactly Drakengard's... appeal. Still looking forward to it though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Guys.

If it's a prequel, that means that Caim can still be in it. :allears:

And he can probably still talk then, so he can run around screaming about feeding people to the ravens or whatever it was he ranted about in the first mission of Drakengard.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Dorroile posted:

Guys.

And he can probably still talk then, so he can run around screaming about feeding people to the ravens or whatever it was he ranted about in the first mission of Drakengard.

It's probably going to be an ancient prequel considering Zero and One are goddesses. Probably going to explain the Seeds of Resurrection or whatever they were called.

I'd totally love to be wrong and have Caim return to kick his friends and allies whenever they piss him off though.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Dorroile posted:

Guys.

He yells a lot when you fight your dragon after you break the oath (and he gets his voice back)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dorroile posted:

Guys.

Eh. I feel like it might diminish his mystique a little bit, though. In the first game pretty much all we had to go on was that he (platonically) likes his sister, his pet dragon, and murdering things, so you could just project whatever else you wanted onto the bloodthirsty shell.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
I bet Yoko Taro's original plan was for a prequel starring Leonard, for max child hatred. Vetoed for obvious reasons.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Eh. I feel like it might diminish his mystique a little bit, though. In the first game pretty much all we had to go on was that he (platonically) likes his sister, his pet dragon, and murdering things, so you could just project whatever else you wanted onto the bloodthirsty shell.

They should just give him a ton of dialogue, and then hire The Dark Id for the script localization process. Everyone wins. :haw:

Seriously though, I do doubt he will even be in it. Which is a bummer.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
In Nier is it ever explained what happened to the sun or night?

I don't recall seeing an explanation in game or the back story or supplemental stuff.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
The planet stopped rotating, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dorroile posted:

They should just give him a ton of dialogue, and then hire The Dark Id for the script localization process. Everyone wins. :haw:

Seriously though, I do doubt he will even be in it. Which is a bummer.

There is no way they could have another game with Caim in it. His story was already told, and there's not much more to it. Cameos are all well and good, but I'm way more interested in seeing if this prequel has any repercussions for the other games. Maybe one of the two leads winds up being Queen Space Baby?

• Locked thread