Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Krieg looks awesome to me just because no other character has anything that really enhances explosives. Gunzerker kinda does I guess what with two grenades but still.

You can make a drat good Commando explosives build with stuff from the middle tree and the right mod, actually. TORGUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for tossing up that video and SHiFT codes. New character looks like fun, but I'm more excited to max out two skill trees. I had a game where I reached 400 stacks of Anarchy and everything just blew apart. I would prefer to see more of that.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
Now I can finally have 2x dual stacked turrets. This is going to be great. Not sure I care too much about the new character tho. While I definitely play a rush-in-and-kill-or-be-killed style, I don't think I'm really interested in what appears to be a melee heavy build. I'll still probably level one up to 50 just for the inventory space. :\

EDIT: anyone playing in pt2 around 42-45? I need to grind out the last 5 on my assassin and I've already finished so all the missions I can accept are 2.5. oops!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I really like the idea behind tossing the stack of dynamite while in FFYL mode, but I'm worried about the animation of the camera pulling away [similar to right before you respawn] when you get that second wind explosion from the timer going off. It looks like it will create some really close-call moments of tension that I could see myself enjoying once I get the hang of the new character.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Kreig looks like fun simply because he looks like he plays differently than the others. I was disappointed with the lack of a brick like character.

That suicide fight for your life skill looks funny as hell.

Edit: unrelated to the DLC but I feel that I may have ruined this game for myself by picking Maya as my first character back on release. Trying to replay the game now as the other characters and I find myself getting bored with their abilities. Maya's was just so useful for all sorts of situations.

Draven fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 25, 2013

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
play as Sal and get enough points to max a tree and its pretty goddamn fun in the sense that is the most borderlands-ness possible in a given amount of time.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sucks that Krieg the Psycho isn't part of the Season Pass. :(

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Found a few more of his skills after looking at the video during the panel again.

Buzz Axe Bombardier (Bloodlust): Attaches dynamite to the buzz axe which, when thrown at enemies, causes additional explosive damage.
Fuel the Blood (Bloodlust): Killing an enemy with melee increases explosive damage for each stack of Bloodlust and adds extra stacks to Bloodlust.
Thrill of the Kill (Mania): A percentage of overkill Damage (damage that is over and above what was needed to kill the enemy) is returned to you as health. The lower your health, the higher the percentage.
Elemental Elation (Hellborn): While Elemental Status Effect Damage is being done to enemies, you gain stacks of Elemental Elation. Fire Rate and Magazine size increased for each stack of Elemental Elation.
Delusional Damage (Hellborn): All Elemental Status Effects (Corrosive, shock, slag or fire) you cause have a chance to light yourself on fire. Ignite chances are determined by those accumulated from Burn, Baby, Burn and Fuel the Fire.

Tried getting pictures of the heads too but whoever filmed it did it on the screen furthest away from him and it just sucks. Apparently the Hellborn tree will focus the majority on fire damage, but will have something to help against armour/shields too.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I hope all of Krieg's quotes are sufficiently Psycho-ey. My mother always told me to bring a pail lunch... You look pail enough! :black101:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well, thanks to Marogoreh I finally beat that horrible bastard Hyperious and he even dropped a Seraph weapon for me, an Original Retcher, Tediore shotgun that fires bouncing green balls of doom.
We then went on to Master Gee, and died quite a lot, I'm still not quite sure what happens there but I assume it has something to do with the green acid pits that were filling the arena.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Judge Tesla posted:

Well, thanks to Marogoreh I finally beat that horrible bastard Hyperious and he even dropped a Seraph weapon for me, an Original Retcher, Tediore shotgun that fires bouncing green balls of doom.
We then went on to Master Gee, and died quite a lot, I'm still not quite sure what happens there but I assume it has something to do with the green acid pits that were filling the arena.

You have to get Master Gee to stand in the acid and absorb it, that's how his shields get depleted. It is a long and massively annoying fight.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Master Gee will go down in history as one of the worst raid bosses of all time. It's an interesting idea, it's just really boring for this kind of game.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Kifisonfire posted:

Master Gee will go down in history as one of the worst raid bosses of all time. It's an interesting idea, it's just really boring for this kind of game.

Especially since it's never apparently clear how to take down his shields or stop the acid flow. I've seen pubbies fruitlessly throwing as many bullets as possible at him while I tried to corral him into the acid flow with singularity grenades. Of course, the pubbies has his attention and he continues to run after them away from the acid until we all die from the acid.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So the update next week will include increased inventory/backup/storage space and ammo SDUs, along with an Eridum cap increase.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3876582&postcount=218

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

So the update next week will include increased inventory/backup/storage space and ammo SDUs, along with an Eridum cap increase.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3876582&postcount=218

So wait, what's the point of an eridium increase if there's really nothing to do with it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fibby Boy posted:

So wait, what's the point of an eridium increase if there's really nothing to do with it?

Spend it on raid bosses. The secret boss in Big Game Hunt costs 99 already, maybe DLC 4 will have even more expensive ones.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Looks like you'll have to buy the upgrades from the Black Market. But after that, don't you want to max out your Eridium at 999?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Maybe there'll be a reforging option, like spend lots of eridium to level any one gun to your level. Or maybe you can spend Eridium to permanently increase drop rates by a little.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

gooby on rails posted:

Spend it on raid bosses. The secret boss in Big Game Hunt costs 99 already, maybe DLC 4 will have even more expensive ones.

Hopefully if there are more raid bosses they'll drop things worthwhile. Granted the chopper is fun but it's not worth 99 bits of eridium and then a long and boring fight.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love how one of Krieg's skills is "Strip the flesh" and on the row below that is an icon of a salt shaker.

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 26, 2013

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine
I posted a litle while ago about hopefully finding someone to help me get my commando to 50 and finish up the story missions in TVHM, and also maybe get a hook up on some sweet oranges. Well, I wasn't able to be on due to crazy time with work, but am now. MY gamertag is Drangiz, please feel free to hit me up, I'm just about to start the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve mission.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

themachine posted:

I posted a litle while ago about hopefully finding someone to help me get my commando to 50 and finish up the story missions in TVHM, and also maybe get a hook up on some sweet oranges. Well, I wasn't able to be on due to crazy time with work, but am now. MY gamertag is Drangiz, please feel free to hit me up, I'm just about to start the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve mission.

I hit you with a friend request a bit ago. I'm Lydi Rae, and I can help you out with my 50 assassin or join you as a mid-40's siren or commando, and dupe you my arsenal. It isn't complete, but that's only because I like to only keep the "fun" things. To be honest I usually just rely on the infinity pistol, the hellfire, and the confrence call.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
My girlfriend and I have been playing this game on co-op splitscreen, and I haven't tried playing my character in single player or with anyone else online, etc - we wanted to experience the game together.

But I bought the season pass and went into Oasis when she wasn't around just to check that everything was working with the DLC. What I was wondering is, when we play together next, will she get to see the cut scene as well or not? How exactly does this work in co-op playthroughs?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

My girlfriend and I have been playing this game on co-op splitscreen, and I haven't tried playing my character in single player or with anyone else online, etc - we wanted to experience the game together.

But I bought the season pass and went into Oasis when she wasn't around just to check that everything was working with the DLC. What I was wondering is, when we play together next, will she get to see the cut scene as well or not? How exactly does this work in co-op playthroughs?

I'm pretty sure quests only saves for the host. So, just make sure she's player 1 (host) when starting the dlc.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Might be time to clean out my glitched bank. I have a feeling the new SDU could break it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I finally got my Mechro to 50 last night with a little help from my friends.

Hey other Mechro players, is it worth putting points into the BFF tree to get the free 5 points in 20% Cooler from the Legendary Mechro mod? I usually never go past Upshot Robot and put the rest of the points into the middle tree, saving just enough points to max out Bloodsoaked Shields in the Anarchy tree. I have a purple relic that decreases cooldown by 34% that I could use instead of 20% Cooler but I also have a relic that increases shock damage by +30%. Which is better in you guys' experience?

Are there any really good level 50 Legendary Mechro builds I should try out? At the moment all my gear is shock weapons of various types as well as a shock Black Hole shield and some ridiculous legendary shock grenade someone duped for me. I have a level 50 Chulainn as well.

Suggestions?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Minorities posted:

So I finally got my Mechro to 50 last night with a little help from my friends.

Hey other Mechro players, is it worth putting points into the BFF tree to get the free 5 points in 20% Cooler from the Legendary Mechro mod? I usually never go past Upshot Robot and put the rest of the points into the middle tree, saving just enough points to max out Bloodsoaked Shields in the Anarchy tree. I have a purple relic that decreases cooldown by 34% that I could use instead of 20% Cooler but I also have a relic that increases shock damage by +30%. Which is better in you guys' experience?

Are there any really good level 50 Legendary Mechro builds I should try out? At the moment all my gear is shock weapons of various types as well as a shock Black Hole shield and some ridiculous legendary shock grenade someone duped for me. I have a level 50 Chulainn as well.

Suggestions?
I don't think cooldown is that big of a deal for a Mechro. The point of Deathtrap shouldn't be to cooldown quicker, it should be for him to survive for as long as possible in one summon. If you're going for a heavy Deathtrap build, Sharing Is Caring is a must provided you have a good shield (The Black Hole works perfectly for him actually, but the Hide of Terra is absolutely the best shield for DT).

My Deathtrap can finish the bar brawl tier 3 on it's own. It's ridiculous. You can get some crazy damage out of Deathtrap if you spec him well enough.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I have a Hide of Terra shield too. I'll respec to use Sharing is Caring and see what happens. I take it I should just skip Anarchy altogether and put the leftover points into the Shock tree?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
After killing Terramorphous more times than I can possibly recollect, he finally dropped a head for me. Anyone need the commando head that makes him look like a SS officer M. Bison? GT: KidKrampus

Also got him to drop his special shotgun, but, eh. It's cool looking at least. I'll be on later today, and on this week since it's Spring break for me and all.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Minorities posted:

I have a Hide of Terra shield too. I'll respec to use Sharing is Caring and see what happens. I take it I should just skip Anarchy altogether and put the leftover points into the Shock tree?
Here's what I'd put in a heavy Deathtrap build.

http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#530055101501050050000000410100000000

Best Friends Forever should be mostly obvious. Focus on durability and damage for Deathtrap and don't waste points on unnecessary skills. Fancy Mathematics would be nice, but since it's based on how low your health is and unfortunately doesn't affect DT, it's kind of redundant. Explosive Clap is huge too, since it can damage through walls.

Get Myelin just to get to SOFG, although it's a nice skill to have anyway. Ignore the Stare, it sucks.

Get Anarchy just to get Robot Rampage. This is important since it is basically Deathtrap's best attack. He spins for 2 seconds and attacks any enemies nearby for 62% more than his usual damage. At the end of the spin he does another regular attack for normal damage. This is 658% of his melee damage in 2 seconds. It's loving ridiculous.

You've got 3 points leftover, personally I'd put them in Blood Soaked Shields, but if you want to put them in the middle tree then that's cool.

Throw on a Hide of Terra shield and a Purple Roboteer class mod and he can take over the battlefield.

Alternatively if you still want DT to be strong and make good use of the shock tree, you can go for this.

http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#055035101501055050100300000000000000

This ignores Anarchy (And in turn, Robot Rampage), so you can lose some things like Close Enough to make you stronger for shock damage. And if you want to see what Deathtrap looks like then, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3kKYAkKoU

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 26, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Kifisonfire posted:

I don't think cooldown is that big of a deal for a Mechro. The point of Deathtrap shouldn't be to cooldown quicker, it should be for him to survive for as long as possible in one summon. If you're going for a heavy Deathtrap build, Sharing Is Caring is a must provided you have a good shield (The Black Hole works perfectly for him actually, but the Hide of Terra is absolutely the best shield for DT).

My Deathtrap can finish the bar brawl tier 3 on it's own. It's ridiculous. You can get some crazy damage out of Deathtrap if you spec him well enough.

I was running a train last night in the barroom, quickly completing and re-starting the same fight. Deathtrap would follow me upstairs and then float back through the doors and start the fight without me! By the time I get into the bar, there's maybe two or three Badasses left in the room to kill. :stare:

edit: ^^ I'm all about the Death Clap and the lazer-vision abilities. That melee spinout move of his is also absolutely insane in close-quarters battles. If you can get a bunch of enemies near Deathtrap with a Singularity grenade, that attack usually clears them all out.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 26, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

KidKrampus posted:

After killing Terramorphous more times than I can possibly recollect, he finally dropped a head for me. Anyone need the commando head that makes him look like a SS officer M. Bison? GT: KidKrampus

Also got him to drop his special shotgun, but, eh. It's cool looking at least. I'll be on later today, and on this week since it's Spring break for me and all.

I could use that head actually. Send me a friend request (GT: Offshoretoast) and I'll join you in more farming adventures if you need it. SO far I can murder terramorphous without a bee (with a partner) and Pete (solo if I've got an alakaline shield and fire immunity shield).

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I have the M Bison head too if anyone wants it. I also have all of Bunker's heads. hit me up if I'm on. gt: arkitekt4k

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

I have the M Bison head too if anyone wants it. I also have all of Bunker's heads. hit me up if I'm on. gt: arkitekt4k

I keep forgetting to bug you about the Assassin's Unreality head. I am sick to death of farming BNK-3R.

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine

Seneschal posted:

I hit you with a friend request a bit ago. I'm Lydi Rae, and I can help you out with my 50 assassin or join you as a mid-40's siren or commando, and dupe you my arsenal. It isn't complete, but that's only because I like to only keep the "fun" things. To be honest I usually just rely on the infinity pistol, the hellfire, and the confrence call.

Thanks, I saw and accepted your request. My online schedule is kinda random at times, based on how work went that day. Somedays I just get home and pass right out. If I see you online I will hit you up, or vice versa.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I thought a Brick-like character would be boring, I really didn't like him in the first game, but... I think I wanna spend :10bux: on Krieg after watching the gameplay video.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3875027#post3875027

Skill points confirmed :getin:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Oh goddamnit. It's gonna be borderlands 1 all over again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So... Don't use the skill points? Explain to me again how this completely ruins the game when everyone has been running around with fully pimped elite gear builds for months anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Minorities posted:

Additionally, when this game was first announced like 2 years ago, Gearbox explicitly said that if they had a choice to nerf things or make them overpowered, they leaned toward overpowered because this a co-op game, not a competitive game. They'd rather people have fun going crazy with broken builds and weapons than getting frustrated with characters who didn't have any good skills or whose only good skills were in the bottom tiers.

They've kinda taken a massive, steaming poo poo on that since release, though.

• Locked thread