Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

William Bear posted:

An actual headline on Foxnews.com's front page right now:

- YOU DECIDE: Duck penis study good use of fed $$?

The entire article, including the attached poll:

Fox News will not let this stupid meme die. It leads to stuff like this:

:awesome: "Sign me up!"

Haha duck penises.

IIRC, ducks' (or maybe only certain species of ducks) mating ritual basically consists of "chase chase chase RAPE". So Obama is funding research into INSTRUMENTS FOR RAPE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

McDowell posted:

The Muslim Brotherhood came to power with a popular vote. The US has subsidized the Israeli and Egyptian governments for years. But I guess Neocons have always been dishonest about the validity of a popular vote.

The 2000 and 20004 elections are recent proof-positive.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

totalnewbie posted:

Haha duck penises.

IIRC, ducks' (or maybe only certain species of ducks) mating ritual basically consists of "chase chase chase RAPE". So Obama is funding research into INSTRUMENTS FOR RAPE.

Some ducks might rape easy though, isn't that a worthy study to fund?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Today Rush is turning up the crazy on the whole gay marriage thing. Gay marriage must be forced upon you, citizens! The will of the people doesn't matter anymore! The framer's of the constitution never intended for homosexual marriage to be treated with validity!
Another thing I've noticed listening to Rush again in my older age is how he changes his vocal tone (usually to something mocking) every time he builds up a strawman argument. He'll normally do this at least once per segment, so about 20 times per show? With the Teahadists now claiming Fox News is too left for them, I wonder how long before AM Radio is thrown under the bus

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

kik2dagroin posted:

With the Teahadists now claiming Fox News is too left for them, I wonder how long before AM Radio is thrown under the bus?

AM radio is pretty much the haven of the craziest of the crazy, I can't think of anywhere else they can go.

Unless we're talking non-traditional media- that's where the real crazy lives. Ever been on that right-wing Facebook clone site? I'm thinking that's where it's all headed.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

kik2dagroin posted:

Today Rush is turning up the crazy on the whole gay marriage thing. Gay marriage must be forced upon you, citizens! The will of the people doesn't matter anymore! The framer's of the constitution never intended for homosexual marriage to be treated with validity!
Another thing I've noticed listening to Rush again in my older age is how he changes his vocal tone (usually to something mocking) every time he builds up a strawman argument. He'll normally do this at least once per segment, so about 20 times per show? With the Teahadists now claiming Fox News is too left for them, I wonder how long before AM Radio is thrown under the bus

I only caught the beginning of his show on my lunch break (I have a tradition that when I get horrible fast food for lunch I listen to horrible Rush Limbaugh while I eat it) and I am really enjoying the way he pisses and moans about this Mayor Yong thing. He gets that mocking tone in his voice and starts speaking exactly like a 10 year old bully, with no sense of how he sounds.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

AM radio is pretty much the haven of the craziest of the crazy, I can't think of anywhere else they can go.

Unless we're talking non-traditional media- that's where the real crazy lives. Ever been on that right-wing Facebook clone site? I'm thinking that's where it's all headed.

Secret encrypted HAM channels, available only to real Americans.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

William Bear posted:

An actual headline on Foxnews.com's front page right now:

- YOU DECIDE: Duck penis study good use of fed $$?

The entire article, including the attached poll:

Fox News will not let this stupid meme die. It leads to stuff like this:

:awesome: "Sign me up!"

Yeah, gently caress understanding our natural world! Learning things is stupid and nobody should ever be curious about stuff!

I also love what loving weasels they are. "Among other things". Thanks for telling us what those might be, Fox!

McDowell posted:

A strip wide panel of Mallard reclining and receiving oral sex from the President.
Mallard: I can't believe he's paying me your tax dollars for this!

Knowing Tinsley Mallard Fillmore he'd have whiskey dick. :tinsley:

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 26, 2013

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ever been on that right-wing Facebook clone site? I'm thinking that's where it's all headed.
Aye, I was in not long after the GBS thread started. TPC actually had a daily radio/livestream where they would spew some pretty vile poo poo, but the show was cancelled placed on perpetual hiatus (thank god) due to lack of viewership :laugh:
That is something that I have considered though: the ubiquity of setting up a social media site/livestream where just your viewpoints are put out there. Picture dozens of regional Limbaughs that are somehow worse than him, but with much less national viewership. TPC might be just the beginning of the right-wing crazies establishing their own echo chamber after the mainstream opinion goes counter to their worldview :tinfoil:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

This assumes that their growing objections to FoxNews are actually based on any sort of rational response to a change in programming and not just because they will invent whatever explanation they need to create more enemies to hate.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Guilty Spork posted:

A criminal did something horrible, and was promptly arrested and is facing murder charges. This is at least the second time I've seen conservatives trying to point to a story like that and pretend it's remotely like the Trayvon Martin case.

Which it's not at all. How is someone shooting a baby during a robbery in any way similar to a guy stalking and shooting an unarmed teenager wearing a hoodie and 'looking suspicious'? There really aren't any parallels at all unless the baby was supposed to have a concealed carry license and cased these teenagers from his stroller.

Never even mind that the story is getting plenty of mainstream news coverage.

I think we're supposed to be outraged and seeing liberal media bias because the alleged shooters were black and the victim was white. Or something. I don't see how the Brunswick baby shooting relates much at all to the Trayvon case, but I'm a dirty brainwashed liberal and all. How are they supposed to be same again?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Man, everyone listen to Rush today. If you still had any doubt about whether or not he actually believes his bullshit, it's more than a little transparent today. He clearly does not give two shits about gay marriage one way or the other and is just half-heartedly pushing talking points.

He just said "if everyone is your friend, then friendship doesn't mean anything anymore, and if we allow anyone to marry anyone, then marriage doesn't exist anymore."

Rush Limbaugh, master of analogies.

Without the bestiality/pedophilia slippery slopes to sit on because they've been pretty firmly rejected as asinine, all they have is BUT WHAT IF 100 PEOPLE MARRIED?!

E: Oh god he just said "will people who marry people of the opposite sex some day be considered bigots because marrying someone of the same sex is hip and trendy?" Yes, absolutely.

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 26, 2013

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

McDowell posted:

The Muslim Brotherhood came to power with a popular vote. The US has subsidized the Israeli and Egyptian governments for years. But I guess Neocons have always been dishonest about the validity of a popular vote.

Neocons operate on the very sincere belief that everyone, everywhere, deep down in their hearts really wants to live in Iowa. Consequently if we roll in to win the peoples' hearts and minds all over the adjacent wall through the medium of depleted uranium, and they thank us by voting in the Muslim Brotherhood, obviously the vote must've been rigged. You can tell it was illegitimate because the voters didn't go for our preferred candidate, a sock puppet with googly eyes pasted on.

e. in other words, it's not that they're dishonest so much as they are totally removed from reality.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 26, 2013

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

kik2dagroin posted:

Picture dozens of regional Limbaughs that are somehow worse than him, but with much less national viewership. TPC might be just the beginning of the right-wing crazies establishing their own echo chamber after the mainstream opinion goes counter to their worldview :tinfoil:

You mean like how talk radio works already?

That's just the top 100. There's many, many more local nutters.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mr. mephistopheles posted:

This assumes that their growing objections to FoxNews are actually based on any sort of rational response to a change in programming and not just because they will invent whatever explanation they need to create more enemies to hate.

I don't think Fox News has changed at all- they're still the GOP propaganda/cheerleading network they always were. It's the viewers that are, insulated in their right-wing echo chamber, continually drifting rightward with no terminus in sight. It's vaguely worrying.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Seoinin posted:

Neocons operate on the very sincere belief that everyone, everywhere, deep down in their hearts really wants to live in Iowa. Consequently if we roll in to win the peoples' hearts and minds all over the adjacent wall through the medium of depleted uranium, and they thank us by voting in the Muslim Brotherhood, obviously the vote must've been rigged. You can tell it was illegitimate because the voters didn't go for our preferred candidate, a sock puppet with googly eyes pasted on.

e. in other words, it's not that they're dishonest so much as they are totally removed from reality.

What's wrong with living in Iowa?

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Ho Chi Mint posted:

What's wrong with living in Iowa?

Nothing. But it sure as hell ain't for everyone.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Which it's not at all. How is someone shooting a baby during a robbery in any way similar to a guy stalking and shooting an unarmed teenager wearing a hoodie and 'looking suspicious'? There really aren't any parallels at all unless the baby was supposed to have a concealed carry license and cased these teenagers from his stroller.

Never even mind that the story is getting plenty of mainstream news coverage.

I think we're supposed to be outraged and seeing liberal media bias because the alleged shooters were black and the victim was white. Or something. I don't see how the Brunswick baby shooting relates much at all to the Trayvon case, but I'm a dirty brainwashed liberal and all. How are they supposed to be same again?

I was writing a long response to this, but I realized that you got most of it. The honest truth is that they're mad nobody is making disgusting racist columns about the murderer in average newspapers, nobody is doing video interviews with mainstream media calling into question the savagery of black americans. Everybody questions the violent tendency of militant conservatives (they don't), why not "those" people!!!

edit: They just want to make it seem like their point of view is oppressed in general American life when it isn't. I mean they make it seem like nobody is allowed to SPEAK THE TRUTH anymore, then you have Adam Corolla spewing on his radio show why blacks and asians don't work hard and can't live like normal people do? He runs his own radio empire now, he can say whatever the gently caress he wants, and consveratives nudge -nudge wink wink each other over it, and act like YEAH OUR GUY IS SPEAKING THE TRUTH COMMUNIST PANSIES

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 26, 2013

durabrand107
Mar 17, 2007
Spill Resistant Design

Aufzug Taube! posted:

Levin made me laugh when he did this a few weeks ago. He was going on some ridiculous shouting rant about evil communists like Obama and the marxist take-over of the world and the imminent economic collapse and right in the middle of this he just stopped all of a sudden, caught his breath, and said, "Now... I'd like to tell you a little about GoToMyPC.com. GoToMyPC.com, where you can access your PC anytime, anywhere!"

I heard Huckabee trying to sell the same thing. It made me wonder how that kinda thing was organized exactly. I didn't know it was just a script they have to read.

I worked at a real estate company as the network admin for a while and this one super christian guy who always tried to get me to go to some kind of "men's retreat" with the church he was a member of came in one day and was asking me to install that program on his work machine. I wondered where the dude who knows absolutely nada about technology found this and he was talking about it like it was the only software that could do remote PC access. It makes sense now as I would imagine he is the exact type that listens to these shows. I actually was good friends with the company owner and asked him to tell the dude to lay off with the Jesus poo poo, because he wouldn't stop asking me about it after I told him I wasn't interested.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nonsense posted:

I was writing a long response to this, but I realized that you got most of it. The honest truth is that they're mad nobody is making disgusting racist columns about the murderer in average newspapers, nobody is doing video interviews with mainstream media calling into question the savagery of black americans. Everybody questions the violent tendency of militant conservatives (they don't), why not "those" people!!!

edit: They just want to make it seem like their point of view is oppressed in general American life when it isn't. I mean they make it seem like nobody is allowed to SPEAK THE TRUTH anymore, then you have Adam Corolla spewing on his radio show why blacks and asians don't work hard and can't live like normal people do? He runs his own radio empire now, he can say whatever the gently caress he wants, and consveratives nudge -nudge wink wink each other over it, and act like YEAH OUR GUY IS SPEAKING THE TRUTH COMMUNIST PANSIES

That's sort of it. Or they're mad that the there's no white Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson out there leading marches in the streets. The only way the two cases would compare would be if the mother had had a gun or something or if she were following the two kids around with the baby in tow. I don't see the comparison beyond "black kids shot a white, unarmed baby" and even then, it's a stretch, isn't it?

All of this is assuming, of course, that they arrested the right suspects, which from what I know is far from proven. Was the baby wearing a hoodie and eating skittles? And is there a thread for this Brunswick murder?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 26, 2013

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

Man, everyone listen to Rush today. If you still had any doubt about whether or not he actually believes his bullshit, it's more than a little transparent today. He clearly does not give two shits about gay marriage one way or the other and is just half-heartedly pushing talking points.

He just said "if everyone is your friend, then friendship doesn't mean anything anymore, and if we allow anyone to marry anyone, then marriage doesn't exist anymore."

Rush Limbaugh, master of analogies.

Without the bestiality/pedophilia slippery slopes to sit on because they've been pretty firmly rejected as asinine, all they have is BUT WHAT IF 100 PEOPLE MARRIED?!

E: Oh god he just said "will people who marry people of the opposite sex some day be considered bigots because marrying someone of the same sex is hip and trendy?" Yes, absolutely.

To be fair from what I've heard even these arguments are better than the arguments the guy whose job it was to defend Prop 8 put before the Supreme Court today. It's a good sign that even Rush can't just say 'fags are icky' any more because the anti-gay marriage argument completely falls apart without that central plank.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Seoinin posted:

Sock puppet with googly eyes pasted on did not poll well with the voters, sadly. We're hoping the marionette will do better in the next round of elections.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Crasscrab posted:

Sock puppet with googly eyes pasted on did not poll well with the voters, sadly. We're hoping the marionette will do better in the next round of elections.

I display my Sifl/Olly 2012 bumper sticker with pride. :colbert:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

watt par posted:

You mean like how talk radio works already?

That's just the top 100. There's many, many more local nutters.
I was thinking more along the lines of self-professed conservative activists that fancy themselves as charismatic putting out drivel more like this epic :nws: youtube meltdown after Obama won the election.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Crasscrab posted:

And if that doesn't work, there's always the old standby of a US-backed coup by a brutal strongman in aviator shades. Campaign motto: "You Fuckers Just Had to Choose to Do This the Hard Way, Didn't You?" I hear the CIA's already printing up posters.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Seoinin posted:

And if that doesn't work, there's always the old standby of a US-backed coup by a brutal strongman in aviator shades. Campaign motto: "You Fuckers Just Had to Choose to Do This the Hard Way, Didn't You?" I hear the CIA's already printing up posters.

I don't see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its people.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

kik2dagroin posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of self-professed conservative activists that fancy themselves as charismatic putting out drivel more like this epic :nws: youtube meltdown after Obama won the election.

Yeah, that'd the people not on that list. Tune in to your local right wing talk station(s) during off-peak hours and you'll find the crazy youtube rant guys. There's no barrier to entry into the job.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

totalnewbie posted:

Haha duck penises.

IIRC, ducks' (or maybe only certain species of ducks) mating ritual basically consists of "chase chase chase RAPE".

Certain species of ducks are very pro-rape. To combat this, female ducks evolved vaginas that are basically mazes, with dead ends n poo poo. To counter-counter evolve this, male ducks now have body-length corkscrew penises. However, the female can relax her vagina and offer direct access to males she approves of. Rape, while common with ducks, doesn't account for very many fertilization.

Still, it'd be useful to know their reproductive habits so we have a better idea on how to preserve endangered species, and the cost that they're bitching about it 0.1 cents per person.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR1xoNtwQMw

Here's a talk radio live read where they just poo poo on the product for 4 minutes, which is TV Guide airing Curb Your Entheusiam re-runs. Featuring Lewis Black.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

Certain species of ducks are very pro-rape. To combat this, female ducks evolved vaginas that are basically mazes, with dead ends n poo poo. To counter-counter evolve this, male ducks now have body-length corkscrew penises. However, the female can relax her vagina and offer direct access to males she approves of. Rape, while common with ducks, doesn't account for very many fertilization.

Still, it'd be useful to know their reproductive habits so we have a better idea on how to preserve endangered species, and the cost that they're bitching about it 0.1 cents per person.

This would never happen if the female ducks had a gun.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Goatman Sacks posted:

Certain species of ducks are very pro-rape.

The Republicans have the elephant, the Democrats have the donkey...and now the Tea Party has the duck.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Seoinin posted:

Neocons operate on the very sincere belief that everyone, everywhere, deep down in their hearts really wants to live in Iowa. Co

Iowa has gay marriage, a reasonably decent safety net (for the US), and a decent, reasonably well funded education system (and an awesome racetrack). So yeah, we do want to live in Iowa.
They think we want to live in leave it to beaver.

nm fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 27, 2013

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Goatman Sacks posted:

So if I'm getting this right, you're saying that if it's a legitimate rape, the female duck has ways to try to shut that whole thing down?

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Glenn Beck: Michele Bachmann Under Investigation Because She's Against Radical Islam

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/glenn-beck-michele-bachmann_n_2958884.html

This is what the tea party believes, or libertarians, or "THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN" types.

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sean Hannity had a guest on the other day who was giving a workshop on how to talk through sexual issues people deem deviant, such as incest and bestiality.

This is not only a waste of your tax dollars, but distasteful sexual things should never be talked about in any way because they are gross. Not ever to learn about them and understand what makes people tick, not to help people who are sexually confused and need guidance. Never. It's obviously all sick, and wrong, and THESE PEOPLE want to just let this be a normal thing that could even be thought of.

Eventually the woman hung up on him.

He's spent the last few days ranting about liberals and bestiality, and has even had people on the show as guests specifically to make fun of this "woman" and her "workshop".

It's gone so far beyond "Yea that's Sean Hannity for ya" and into beyond offensively, obviously bully-ing and the idea that "if people aren't normal they should just admit they're sick and disgusting and internalize all of that, and hey, deal with it!" It's loving disgusting what he's doing and I literally can't believe people are able to champion these ideas.

fake edit: during the interview with the woman originally, he was basically just shouting the worlds 'incest' and 'bestiality' at her over and over until she had to remind him that they are words in the English language that have definitions and people should be educated about them, and all manner of other things. That was pretty cool of her.

real edit: Oh, also blow up dolls are the worlds creepiest things and Sean Hannity would never ever want to meet or know a person who hosed one. Whether or not he finds his wife's sex toy equally disgusting yet to be revealed.

I see that there. fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 27, 2013

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Yeah, he went on about Keith Ellison for days after he told him off.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I see that there. posted:

Sean Hannity had a guest on the other day who was giving a workshop on how to talk through sexual issues people deem deviant, such as incest and bestiality.

This is not only a waste of your tax dollars, but distasteful sexual things should never be talked about in any way because they are gross. Not ever to learn about them and understand what makes people tick, not to help people who are sexually confused and need guidance. Never. It's obviously all sick, and wrong, and THESE PEOPLE want to just let this be a normal thing that could even be thought of.

Eventually the woman hung up on him.

He's spent the last few days ranting about liberals and bestiality, and has even had people on the show as guests specifically to make fun of this "woman" and her "workshop".

It's gone so far beyond "Yea that's Sean Hannity for ya" and into beyond offensively, obviously bully-ing and the idea that "if people aren't normal they should just admit they're sick and disgusting and internalize all of that, and hey, deal with it!" It's loving disgusting what he's doing and I literally can't believe people are able to champion these ideas.

fake edit: during the interview with the woman originally, he was basically just shouting the worlds 'incest' and 'bestiality' at her over and over until she had to remind him that they are words in the English language that have definitions and people should be educated about them, and all manner of other things. That was pretty cool of her.

real edit: Oh, also blow up dolls are the worlds creepiest things and Sean Hannity would never ever want to meet or know a person who hosed one. Whether or not he finds his wife's sex toy equally disgusting yet to be revealed.

If I didn't know any better I'd think that Hannity was doing quite a bit of projecting.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So some Breitbart gently caress has basically stalked Obama's daughters and compromised their security for a scoop designed to to stir up outrage that some black girls would dare have a fun and safe spring break.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/26/esquires-pierce-criticizes-breitbartcoms-report/193252

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

According to Rush today he coined the phrase "low-information voter"
He's been using that since the election results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Pixelboy posted:

He's been using that since the election results.

And pretty much everyone else has been using it to describe his listeners for decades.