Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

You must really hate WTF.

It's not the format I hate, it's just everything about Garlin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Did anyone listen to the live Reality Show Show today? I keep missing it. I hope they did some funny stuff on this week's Survivor.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

UP AND ADAM posted:

Did anyone listen to the live Reality Show Show today? I keep missing it. I hope they did some funny stuff on this week's Survivor.

They didn't really talk about Survivor. They instead focused on Bachelor and Amazing Race, and some live callers, and then Virgil and Genevieve were on pretty long as guests, they talked a lot about King of the Nerds and stuff.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I hate Jeff Garlin's podcast because Jeff Garlin only ever talks about himself and tries to get his guests to compare their lives to his. It's an astoundingly self-centered podcast.

I liked that thing he said on CBB about how he hates celebrity chefs because they always come out and talk to him instead of working in the kitchen. He knows those sous chefs are ruining his food!

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Drunkboxer posted:

I liked that thing he said on CBB about how he hates celebrity chefs because they always come out and talk to him instead of working in the kitchen. He knows those sous chefs are ruining his food!

Humblebrag!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Evil Agita posted:

Humblebrag!
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b10ee0bc16/humblebrag

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
There's a lowtax v uwe boll fight reference at the beginng of this weeks how did this get made, that was goofy.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

How are u posted:

There's a lowtax v uwe boll fight reference at the beginng of this weeks how did this get made, that was goofy.

It would've been fun if someone at Earwolf recognized Rich or Something Awful.

I could see Pete Holmes reading E/N for hours at a time though, mumbling "laser accuracy" at every other response.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Too be fair though there were three other people Uwe boxed at the same time so I don't think it's specific to Something Awful, just the fight spectacle itself.

e: vvvv
Yeah with Ullrich here and the Fogelnest episode there's def some people that know us, but in that specific instance I think it was just quickly googled or some trivia information Paul & the gang brought up.
Man I'm being really pointlessly, buzzkillingly, nitpicky about this dumb thing, ignore me.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 20, 2013

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Some people there probably know SA, seeing as how Ullrich is posting here and one of the SA frontpage people was on Fogelnest files.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Who's the goon callers on Reality Show Show by the way, any of the regulars? Is Han Luke Picard any of you guys, he certainly fits the profile.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Zsinjeh posted:

Man I'm being really pointlessly, buzzkillingly, nitpicky about this dumb thing, ignore me.

My boner at the thought of Jason Mantzoukas reading my words has shriveled up into my abdomen, thanks to you!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Zsinjeh posted:

Who's the goon callers on Reality Show Show by the way, any of the regulars? Is Han Luke Picard any of you guys, he certainly fits the profile.

Thas me

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

You said Earth was in the Delta Quadrant, which I'm sure I don't have to tell you is completely preposterous! Are we to believe there was some sort of spatial anomaly that threw the homeworld of the Federation halfway across the galaxy? :awesome:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Nemo posted:

You said Earth was in the Delta Quadrant, which I'm sure I don't have to tell you is completely preposterous! Are we to believe there was some sort of spatial anomaly that threw the homeworld of the Federation halfway across the galaxy? :awesome:

I know poo poo all about star trek despite making a gimmick character about it :v: The voyager wiki I found was unclear about the quadrants at cursory glance. You'd think at the head of the alpha quadrant it would have said: 'EARTH IS HERE!'.

But its probably common knowledge for someone that watches the show :)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I like you.

Mr. Squishy posted:

My boner at the thought of Jason Mantzoukas reading my words has shriveled up into my abdomen, thanks to you!
They don't call me Captain Buzzkill for nothing :cool:
No-one calls me this.

e:

Jerkface posted:

I know poo poo all about star trek despite making a gimmick character about it :v: The voyager wiki I found was unclear about the quadrants at cursory glance. You'd think at the head of the alpha quadrant it would have said: 'EARTH IS HERE!'.

Hah, it would be pretty apt for the son of Picard to be a nasal-voiced brat who could care less about the boring stuff his dad is involved with, and is more into his vidyagames and podcasts.
I'm glad you shot down that lady and her parents. For someone complaining about people not discussing the shows on tv she sure went on and on about nothing at all.
You are going to tell me where you're calling from. WHERE ARE YOU CALLING FROM?!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 20, 2013

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I loved the gimmick, but the nerd in me couldn't resist correcting someone on the internet about Star Trek.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Nemo posted:

I loved the gimmick, but the nerd in me couldn't resist correcting someone on the internet about Star Trek.

you should correct it on the earwolf forums. Han Luke Picard has an account so he can reply with his convoluted nerd logic about why YOU are wrong.

I called in to the last 2
\/\/

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 20, 2013

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What episodes are you on? I've only listened to the PFT one and the aftermath of Kristen being eliminated on Top Chef.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

You're doing good work. Keep it up!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The 'black man' joke got hilariously awkward due to the slight lag of the phone and their live studio.

"I don't know, is he the commander?"
...black man...
"What?"
- "THE ONLY BLACK MAN"

"Whoa man, your persona just took a dark turn."

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Jerkface posted:

The quadrant system is actually based on the location of Earth: the border between the alpha and beta quadrants is the line drawn from the galactic center through Earth, and the other axes are drawn logically from that axis. Why everybody in the galaxy seems to use a quadrant system based on the location of Earth, even enemies of the Federation, is beyond me.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The quadrant system is actually based on the location of Earth: the border between the alpha and beta quadrants is the line drawn from the galactic center through Earth, and the other axes are drawn logically from that axis. Why everybody in the galaxy seems to use a quadrant system based on the location of Earth, even enemies of the Federation, is beyond me.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
Anyone watch the live episode of Sklarbro Country last night? I missed it, is it worth checking out?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

barkingclam posted:

Anyone watch the live episode of Sklarbro Country last night? I missed it, is it worth checking out?

It's got another appearance by Dennis Rodman so hell yeah.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Jake Fogelnest is easily one of my least favorite people to listen too. He is too drat excited about everything, let it breathe!

edit: Yes jake please explain that you are improving about the time cards, explaining the joke is always the best

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 26, 2013

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

When I saw this video I immediately thought about dueling Woody Allens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E34d7NXqPQ

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Jerkface posted:

Jake Fogelnest is easily one of my least favorite people to listen too. He is too drat excited about everything, let it breathe!

edit: Yes jake please explain that you are improving about the time cards, explaining the joke is always the best

I gave his podcast a try because Tom Sharpling said it was good, but he obviously had some reservations about it. I definitely see where he's coming from. The actual content of the podcast (the videos and guests' reactions to them) are very good, but Jake is immensely annoying to listen to. He has an awful radio voice, and is so astoundingly unfunny it really brings the podcast down. If you edited out his many catchphrases he's trying to force in and his bloated explanation of his podcast review scheme you'd cut the runtime significantly.
He also is in the youtube chat for all the VPN live shows making inane "jokes" while the VPN guy goes "Hey! Jake Fogelnest! That's him everybody!"
I think he's just one of those guys who put in the work through dogged determination and forced himself in by being too nice personally for people to tell him to gently caress off.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Does anyone know if there's more Gelmania coming? I need something to completely and utterly blow my mind.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Crankit posted:

Does anyone know if there's more Gelmania coming? I need something to completely and utterly blow my mind.

If you live in LA, he's doing a live one at the Largo soon.

Anyone else a citizen of Sklarbro Country/County but can't stand Dan Van Kirk? He seems like a nice guy, but I feel he overtakes County each week. Instead of just reading the stories and letting the Sklars and guest do the joking around, he spends most of the hour making audition tapes for an AM dial sports talk show.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Crankit posted:

I hope so! I imagine he's been busy with Go On and such, so that's why there hasn't been any new ones since the election.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anyone else a citizen of Sklarbro Country/County but can't stand Dan Van Kirk? He seems like a nice guy, but I feel he overtakes County each week. Instead of just reading the stories and letting the Sklars and guest do the joking around, he spends most of the hour making audition tapes for an AM dial sports talk show.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually don't mind, but he gets to be a little much sometimes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I really like the Fogelnest Files - if nothing else, he's great at aggregating clips, and outside of the Eddie Pepitone episode (which wasn't his fault) he seems really good at getting the full use out of the material. His radio voice isn't the best (and I hate the way he says Earwolf as "Earwoof") but it's not THAT bad.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
If you can't get on board with a guy showing Andy Kindler old clips of hack comics then I don't know what to yell you.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

For all you people saying he has no radio voice he sure as poo poo has had a job in radio for a long rear end time.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

If you can't get on board with a guy showing Andy Kindler old clips of hack comics then I don't know what to yell you.

Kindler tearing apart Billy Crystal's Jazzman character is probably one of the best parts in the entire Fogelnest Files catalogue - I'd put it up there with the Sklar brothers falling in love with this guy.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Mob posted:

For all you people saying he has no radio voice he sure as poo poo has had a job in radio for a long rear end time.

Good point, also Jay Leno is the best late night talk show host since he's been doing it for such a long time.

I posted my anti-Jake Fogelnest thing before I even heard him on Reality Show Show. Boy does he ever run every joke in to the ground. It was funny to hear Sean kind of gently call him out for the name-dropping.

His podcast content is good, his guests reacting to it can be great, but he is among my least favorite hosts out there.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Greggy posted:

It was funny to hear Sean kind of gently call him out for the name-dropping.

This post's insane. Is that really why you thought that bit was funny, because you think Foglenest was bragging about seeing some C-lister in an airport and deciding not to bother him?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I just know that their idea for HHH's 'The Villain' was incredible.

This post is dedicated to Brent Musburger

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007
Personally my least favorite part of the Fogelnest Files is listening to him try desperately to get mileage out of apoplectic rage at WHAT THE KIDS ARE LISTENING TO THESE DAYS. I have very similar taste in music to him but holy poo poo the bitter old man shtick just dies every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

This post's insane. Is that really why you thought that bit was funny, because you think Foglenest was bragging about seeing some C-lister in an airport and deciding not to bother him?

No, I get that that was part of the joke, but it seems like that was like the third guy in a row Jake had mentioned that way? No one he mentioned was super-famous but it was a bunch of "I was talking to (very specific semi-famous person)".

Dancing Potato posted:

Personally my least favorite part of the Fogelnest Files is listening to him try desperately to get mileage out of apoplectic rage at WHAT THE KIDS ARE LISTENING TO THESE DAYS. I have very similar taste in music to him but holy poo poo the bitter old man shtick just dies every time.

I don't know man, he has a very well known "let the nice boys sing" stance in relation to One Direction. In fact, I think he may have mentioned it many, many times.