Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

"Fill in the blank 'you should read A Storm of Swords before you watch A Game Of Thrones season 3 because Robb dies at the Red Wedding."

:effort:

One I the ones I saw on there amidst the effort posts was something like "grey wind gets his head replaced by Robb's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Anything officially related to the shows and books is getting harder to troll, so if I see something come up in a friend or local news/actor/etc feed, then it's time to go to town (slow play 'em, I say, leave the big hits still a mystery - Cat, Tywin, etc).

BoT - done.

E: although one dude that's usually cool erased a comment about Dany doing nothing in ADWD because it was a spoiler and I was like, no dude, not really.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everyone wants to spoil the red wedding, but the best spoiler of all is that GRRM literally stopped writing the books, ending the entire saga, with Dany taking a huge watery dump.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joramun posted:

Speaking of Freys, I wonder if the show will still have Cat killing Jinglebell (Aegon Frey) right before she dies. Have they even cast that role?

I'll bet they don't even cast a differently-abled person to play jingle bells.

So... I came up with some of the spoiler's from A Dance with Dragons, that will surely mean a lot to those who just finished Feast of Crows...:

Jon Connington is a gay zombie
Many loveable characters like Wun Wun, Pretty Pig and "Frog" die
Blackfyre is alive, but as an omnicient network of trees and ravens
Brienne is maybe alive or maybe is a zombie we don't know, she really isn't in this book
Victorian gets a magic fist and kills some gays
Cersei gets a Brazilian wax
Dany almost makes it almost the whole way to Mereen
Stannis is angry about stuff
Zombies can hide under the snow and wait for you to walk past and then grab your feet. so like, watch out for that.
Arya isn't really blind

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I forgot about that. I wonder if GRRM wrote in the nude bald walk of shame after Lena Headey was cast.

Also, you forgot that Tyrion gets pooped on by GRRM's most realistic Mary Sue.

And Rickon is the cannibal king of unicorn island.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And Rickon is the cannibal king of unicorn island.

And still, like, five.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yup. Still a wee child, as it's been not yet even a year since the end of Storm in the books. GRRM has no loving sense of scale, jesus.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Why shouldn't a five-year-old have the opportunity to be the leader of a ruthless clan of bloodthirsty cannibals? That's ageism and it's everything that's wrong with this country.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I forgot about that. I wonder if GRRM wrote in the nude bald walk of shame after Lena Headey was cast.

Do you have to ask?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Found another pic of Robb, looking quite dapper at the wedding reception.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Wait when does Wun Wun die?!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Wait when does Wun Wun die?!
He didn't die exactly, but Jon found him bleeding and smashing one of the Queen's Men against the tower where Val was staying.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
And why is Hannah Montana standing idly by?

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

The fat bastard updated his webpage and while we've lost the wonderful 1998-era design, I am at least comforted by the fact that he's promoting calendars, Wild Cards and pewter miniatures right up at the top.

AND we've got a ton of new "historical" pictures of GRRM to photoshop as well. This one comes from the "Fandom" page, where he prattles on about WorldCon for about 10,000 words. It was originally called "Sunkist.jpg"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Aww gently caress I just ate a bunch, shitttt.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

How do you look like that and not hate yourself.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Sarkozymandias posted:

How do you look like that and not hate yourself.

You don't look at it.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Lol the giant crushing the Tony Romo cowboys knight always crack me up, I believe the name Wun Wun is referring to great giants QB Phil Sims

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

thornghost posted:

AND we've got a ton of new "historical" pictures of GRRM to photoshop as well. This one comes from the "Fandom" page, where he prattles on about WorldCon for about 10,000 words. It was originally called "Sunkist.jpg"

This is actually an X Ray right after he ate a whole pizza in one bite.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

kcroy posted:

Jon Connington is a gay zombie

Wait. Wait. Jon Connington is GAY?!?!?!?! I thought he just really admired Rhaegar, like wanted to give him a backrub because they were bros.

My god, GRRM's really gone politically correct after the show changed it so that Renly and Loras were gay.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

You say that as if GRRM's written anything since the show started.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

whowhatwhere posted:

Wait. Wait. Jon Connington is GAY?!?!?!?! I thought he just really admired Rhaegar, like wanted to give him a backrub because they were bros.

My god, GRRM's really gone politically correct after the show changed it so that Renly and Loras were gay.

Wait. Wait. Renly and Loras were GAY in the show?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Junkenstein posted:

I always thought they were just shaving buddies. I mean who doesn't have one of those?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

They weren't gay, they just prayed together a lot. A lot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just convinced my ex girlfriend to buy a game of bones. You're welcome Bad Thread

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

whowhatwhere posted:

I'm hoping the Reborn Griffin and the Knight of Flowers still get the chance to meet (and hook) up at some point, because it would be super hot. With book Loras that is, show Loras is pretty gross. Preferably before either (or both) of them dies from Greyscale or in battle, so that it doesn't become too necrophilic.

Speaking of which, I often wonder how far the life force regeneration magic that brought back Beric and Catelyn will actually go. Like, could Thoros hypothetically pass it on from her to Ned's pile of bones so that he would be resurrected as one of those walking skeletons from Michael Jackson's Ghost music video or this Disney cartoon?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

Nah, Loras was going through a dry spell and Renly is a good bro and was just bringing his confidence back up

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/mar/24/game-of-thrones-realistic-history The article's meh, but it features some of the better fan quotes on ASOIAF:

Some Dude posted:

5,000 pages. To put things in perspective, the biggest novel in the world, War and Peace, is 1,500. Proust's seven-novel sequence, widely considered as the most infamous literary work regarding excessive length, is "only" 2,000 pages long.
Not to mention this definitely wasn't the original plan. Martin intended to write a trilogy. Three novels, 700-800 pages each.
So the fourth and fifth book quite simply constitute the most ludicrous and catastrophic collapse of narrative coherence ever witnessed in the history of literature.

Enjoy while you can, adapting the horrific mess that constitutes books 4 and 5 will be beyond even HBO's abilities and the series will be cancelled. Martin will also croak soon so the book series won't be finished either. Oh well. If you like extremely long stories with thousands of characters who spend most of their time talking, fret not, there's always Proust and War and Peace! No dragons, but they're shorter and they actually end!

Which one of you wrote that?

Also did you know that "George R R Martin has created the most detailed fictional universe of all time"?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

You know, one thing I'm enjoying about GoT being so much in the popular culture right now is running into references all over SA.

etalian posted:

DrProsek posted:

Even though by the implication of his argument, this would mean a 55 year old couple should be automatically divorced as the woman can no longer bear children, but if that 55 year old guy found himself a new 18 year old wife.... :getin:.

It works good enough for Walder Frey.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

there's always Proust ... they actually end!

Haha, what? Can't tell if he's not actually trolling or is that dumb.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

thornghost posted:

The fat bastard updated his webpage and while we've lost the wonderful 1998-era design, I am at least comforted by the fact that he's promoting calendars, Wild Cards and pewter miniatures right up at the top.
The "Daenarys with newborn dragons" miniature is uh... Something... :stare:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

SpaceMost posted:

The "Daenarys with newborn dragons" miniature is uh... Something... :stare:

quote:

Tom sculpted this in 54mm and then created a standard sized version to fit in with the rest of the normal line via a shrinking process. Tom wanted to recreate the Botticelli Venus in a Half Shell pose and instead of her hair flowing all over, he would use the three newborn dragons in place of the hair. You can see the Botticelli artwork down below and see for yourself what Tom accomplished with this piece. Pretty striking stuff indeed….Please note – that this piece recreates Daenerys emerging fresh from the fires of Khal Drogo’s funeral pyre. All of her clothes and her hair (but not quite all of her hair as she is Blood of the Dragon after all) are burned off.
:stare: indeed. Commissioned personally by GRRM himself, no doubt.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
That definitely looks like the body of someone who was heavily pregnant a few days prior, and is 13.

Not that it should be accurate. Or exist.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah I'd call it a wash.

And by wash I mean I wash and wash and wash but the feeling of filth JUST WONT GO AWAY

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Statues of violently exploited naked supernatural children. Not just for anime fans anymore.

Thanks a lot, GRRM. :tipshat:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Yeah I'd call it a wash.

And by wash I mean I wash and wash and wash but the feeling of filth JUST WONT GO AWAY
Have you tried burning it off with fire?

That's after all what Dany herself did to get clean again from all the underage Drogo sexing.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

Daenerys emerging fresh from the fires of Khal Drogo’s funeral pyre. All of her clothes and her hair (but not quite all of her hair as she is Blood of the Dragon after all) are burned off.
:stare: indeed. Commissioned personally by GRRM himself, no doubt.

It looks more like she emerged from the fires of a meth lab explosion after a week long binge. The dragons are her hallucinations that she'll be violently scratching off her skin.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
THOSE EYES

they see through my soul and they find me wanting

wanting to gouge out my own eyes

oedipus had it right

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

It's kind of Drogon to hold his wing up as an umbrella against the rain, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yup. Still a wee child, as it's been not yet even a year since the end of Storm in the books. GRRM has no loving sense of scale, jesus.

Time does not advance uniformly in this strange land, where winters can last 1000 years! And people like... don't need food, but its cool we all eat moss that grows under winterfell, which is a natural hot bath, so like..well except the crypts of course, I already said those were cold, so maybe the hotwater isnt BY the crypts or... oh poo poo that doesn't make sense. Lets burn it down. yep, gently caress Winterfell, its gone.

God I hope I never have to tie all this poo poo together, please lord. PLEASE let this HBO deal go through, I know I said I wouldn't ask for any more things after you helped me out with that "situation" at the Con in '92. And again in '03. But who knew they could use computers to do that kind of tracking? My computer is still cycling aimlessly trying to log into AOL. I'm pretty sure my Dialup is broken. How could she have emailed for help?? But as I was saying - just let this HBO deal go through, and I'll never ask for anything again. I just don't think I have it in me to finish this series.