Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

TurnipFritter posted:

It looks like Devil Survivor 2 Break Record will largely be the same as Overclocked (everything's on the bottom screen but wowee check out those 3D menus!!). The new scenario will apparently be selectable from the title screen and it will feature a casual mode.

It also apparently features a totally new and original character:

I seriously can't tell if this is supposed to be legit or not, because it's so stupid, but it probably will be.

The gently caress is wrong with that lady's spine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Also, are boots even made that big?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I don't know if it's just me or whatever, but her left hand looks kind of weird.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

It looks like Devil Survivor 2 Break Record will largely be the same as Overclocked (everything's on the bottom screen but wowee check out those 3D menus!!). The new scenario will apparently be selectable from the title screen and it will feature a casual mode.

I seriously can't tell if this is supposed to be legit or not, because it's so stupid, but it probably will be.

Well that's lazy. Just do it on the top screen and don't have 3D! Whatever, I wanted to play this and I've waited for a 3DS version.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

The gently caress is wrong with that lady's spine?

Suzuhito Yasuda is what.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Booky posted:

Some engineer boots get pretty high, but I don't think you'll find them like that unless you have a wacky couture designer.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

A Bystander posted:

I don't know if it's just me or whatever, but her left hand looks kind of weird.

It's not you. Check her thumb; it's far too long.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Booky posted:

I guess if you look back at Fire Emblem 7/8, they got some insanely long thigh-high boots.

I'm a bit confused on what her weapon is. A whip? A sword? A whip that turns into a sword, because there's two blue thingies separating from the handle.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Yasuda Suzuhito is one of the biggest hacks out there in character design, but for some reason he has successfully become a brand-name so people want to attach his name and horrible designs to their projects.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

:pwn:

That artist really needs to take an anatomy class or something. That my be his most poorly designed character yet.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

:pwn:

That artist really needs to take an anatomy class or something. That my be his most poorly designed character yet.

I'm sorry to say this, but most people don't care about bad anatomy in consumer art.

For example, you know how many pieces there are of women where you can see their butt pointed at the viewer, while their waist up are turned to the side to show off a generous helping of boobs?

That pose would theoretically be hell on someone's back, yet you see it constantly because it provides titillation. People just don't care.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

We need to do an SMT version of The Hawkeye Initiative. Who should we use? Kanji? :shepface:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pollyanna posted:

We need to do an SMT version of The Hawkeye Initiative. Who should we use? Kanji? :shepface:

Yousuke and Teddy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pollyanna posted:

The protagonist from Strange Journey. In full DEMONICA.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Pollyanna posted:

Hawk, obviously. :colbert:

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
W. T. Fits knows what's up.

I think anatomy in consumer art can be overly nitpicked (usually seeing what's obviously a stylistic choice done with skill portrayed as "bad art"), but yeah, this dude's characters sometimes look like they'd be in incredible pain.

Cheap Diner Coffee fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 27, 2013

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Famitsu says that the new scenario in Break Record has roughly the same amount of content as a full fledged RPG. It doesn't look like there are any in-battle screenshots in the article, so I wonder what they're hiding...

e: Also, there's a new trailer for the Persona 3 cartoon.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 27, 2013

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
For the love of god, redraw Io's portraits. It wasn't until the LP that I realized she wasn't getting ready to chop something with her hands.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

Famitsu says that the new scenario in Break Record has roughly the same amount of content as a full fledged RPG. It doesn't look like there are any in-battle screenshots in the article, so I wonder what they're hiding...

Meaning that it's the same length as the original game over again?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm just hoping they fix evil/chaos wave from being broken in the re-release.

Forcing people back on the turn order and not being able to retaliate was absolutely unacceptable.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZeusJupitar posted:

Meaning that it's the same length as the original game over again?

TurnipFritter posted:

I kind of doubt they'd double the game's length, but who knows?

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

TurnipFritter posted:

Also, there's a new trailer for the Persona 3 cartoon.
"#1 The Spring of Birth?" Does that mean we're getting multiple movies?

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

TurnipFritter posted:

e: Also, there's a new trailer for the Persona 3 cartoon.

Can anyone give a rough translation of these?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Snix posted:

You wanna try fitting the whole plot of that game into two hours?

DeathBySpoon posted:

First one says "Also, that weird monster that appeared above the Sky Tower just now.... Was that a... Septentrion?"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DeathBySpoon posted:

Very rough, but the second one seems to be saying "The people called the Japan Meteorological Agency, Geomagnetism Research Department... aren't in JP's."

e: Yeah, I probably should've noticed that what I thought was the full name for JP's didn't actually contain any kanji for Japan.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 28, 2013

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Apparently P3 MC's name for the movie is Makoto Yuki.

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

Very rough, but the second one seems to be saying "The people called the Japan Meteorological Agency, Geomagnetism Research Department... aren't in JP's."

That's actually the kanji for Yamato's name. So she's more saying "There's no one by the name Hotsuin Yamato in JP's", I think. Which is weird. Maybe it has something to do with his twin sister showing up.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It looks like there's a new trailer for Devil Survivor 2 out now. I can't say I'm too impressed after watching Persona 3's trailer, but it's not completely awful.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rondino posted:

That's actually the kanji for Yamato's name. So she's more saying "There's no one by the name Hotsuin Yamato in JP's", I think. Which is weird. Maybe it has something to do with his twin sister showing up.

Well, I'm an idiot. :downs:

Seeing how this happens on Sunday and presumably after all the world changing stuff, this might be "8th day" related alternate timelines shenanigans, which means I might seriously buy the game again.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Strange Quark posted:

Well, I'm an idiot. :downs:

Seeing how this happens on Sunday and presumably after all the world changing stuff, this might be "8th day" related alternate timelines shenanigans, which means I might seriously buy the game again.

They could also do a story set after the ending where everything goes back to normal. Retell the same story, except closer to what happens in the anime.

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...
I never can get enough of you guys hating on Suzuhito's art. It makes me giggle every time. You all just hating because he's popular and you're not. :shepface:

Anyway, going back to Persona 2 EP, when the hell did this game get tough all of a sudden? I get to GOLD and Zodiac and enemies are loving around anymore. I can't sandbag fights anymore.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Proto Cloud posted:

I never can get enough of you guys hating on Suzuhito's art. It makes me giggle every time. You all just hating because he's popular and you're not. :shepface:

Trust me, if I could get mad dollars for being a piss-poor artist, I'd totally go for it.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Snix posted:

Probably, for length alone.

I wonder if they're going to imply anything about the female protagonist at all. I doubt she'll show up for obvious reasons, but there's still ways to drop hints about that story.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It wouldn't really make sense for them to mention her considering she doesn't exist.

It'd be neat if they showed Theodore as a cameo though.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Just constantly swap between Boy Hero and Girl Hero between shots. Have none of the other characters comment or acknowledge it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The name implies two to four movies.

Either "Spring of Birth" and "Winter of Death" or a Sping/Summer/Fall/Winter themed set. (With the final still probably being called Winter of Death.)

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Has there been any rumblings about it (or the DS2 anime for that matter) coming out in the US?

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...

ImpAtom posted:

The name implies two to four movies.

Either "Spring of Birth" and "Winter of Death" or a Sping/Summer/Fall/Winter themed set. (With the final still probably being called Winter of Death.)

They'll definitely need multiple films, there's too much plot to go through and for some reason Japan can't make anime films that go on for more than 90 minutes. (This hurt when watching The Berserk films)

I just wonder if this is a precedent to a penultimate version of P3 or they're using this to get people up to speed on Persona for the new game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bagina posted:

Has there been any rumblings about it (or the DS2 anime for that matter) coming out in the US?

I think it's still too early to tell. I don't think anyone has picked up the show yet, but I haven't been on ADTRW in a while. Last I saw, several major anime companies were looking to cut out the middleman and put their stuff streaming subbed straight from the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abbadon: $25.75 plus shipping

I don't know if the reprint has hit the streets yet, but it looks like the price on this has already crashed down to fairly reasonable levels. If anybody was thinking about picking up a copy, you can probably start looking now.