Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

gschmidl posted:

My favorite bit is where they publish the confidentiality request along with everything else.

e: also what the hell is wrong with the image here?

Is it just me, or does that backplate give the impression that the board is kind of suspended in the middle of the TIMECUBE?

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Console does not boot properly - ID: 23
Details: During my initial setup it absorbed my housecat and spun its flesh into an abject horror of ambulation. It is currently at-large in the neighbourhood, having consumed the prize flowerbed of my next-door neighbour, the husband of the same, three dogs, two cats, and the local mailman. Requesting replacement unit if possible, as the firmware seems to be corrupted by something from outside the sphere of mortal knowledge. If return of the defective unit is required for replacement, it answers to "Mr. Tiddles" and you are welcome to come claim it yourselves.
Priority: 4
Category: Hardware

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 28, 2013

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Console does not boot properly - ID: 23
Details: During my initial setup it absorbed my housecat and spun its flesh into an abject horror of ambulation. It is currently at-large in the neighbourhood, having consumed the prize flowerbed of my next-door neighbour, the husband of the same, three dogs, two cats, and the local mailman. Requesting replacement unit if possible, as the firmware seems to be corrupted by something from outside the sphere of mortal knowledge. If return of the defective unit is required for replacement, it answers to "Mr. Tiddles" and you are welcome to come claim it yourselves.
Priority: 4
Category: Hardwareware

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I was going to make a joke about Jeff Minter/Yak making an OUYA game and it would be the only worthwhile game on there, but I think after 3 incidents of that (Jaguar, Nuon and the canceled Konix Multisystem) he's probably learned his lesson.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 28, 2013

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a huge disaster, but I don't get how they've managed to wrangle selling this heap of poo poo in actual stores. Critical Thinking must be really rare these days because the only way I can imagine this happened is they just gobbled up every piece of bullshit that spouted out of Julie Uhrman's smug liar mouth.

Dragon's Den would have ripped her pitch to pieces if she had answered questions like "How many have you sold?" with "Lots..." and "Who are you talking to?" with "Everyone" :v:

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 28, 2013

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Radio Paranoia posted:

Is it just me, or does that backplate give the impression that the board is kind of suspended in the middle of the TIMECUBE?

The board is kind of suspended in the middle of the TIMECUBE.

e: you cant see it in this photo, but it's not actually bolted down or anything. It's just wedged between the sides of the case.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Supernorn posted:

Dragon's Den would have ripped her pitch to pieces if she had answered questions like "How many have you sold?" with "Lots..." and "Who are you talking to?" with "Everyone" :v:

I would pay to see this. It would be amazing.

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever
Did anyone here buy LE OUYA? I want first-hand impressions from fellow goons. This is a very curious thing

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, a house fire is pretty disruptive. :v:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Meat Recital posted:

e: you cant see it in this photo, but it's not actually bolted down or anything. It's just wedged between the sides of the case.

Oh god, I knew it was bad but I never realised how bad it was.

I wonder if there will be a trend to putting the SHEBOYGAN on its side or would that mimic the unholy blasphemy of the big three?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It looks like the SHAMWOW's site shat the bed today from the "launch" traffic. It begins. Yesssss.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.

SenseLess posted:

In other news, the Visorman kickstarter just got another backer and now has a total amount of £25.00 pledged. At that pace it should be really easy to reach the £7,400 goal in the remaining 29 days years....

I really want to just donate £1.00 to the guy's Kickstarter, just so I can comment on it saying his game looks terrible great!

Dec 26, 2012

CousinKevin posted:

I really want to just donate £1.00 to the guy's Kickstarter, just so I can comment on it saying his game looks terrible great!

Considering money doesn't go through until he succeeds, go for it, you don't have anything to lose.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Ouya.tv is just an error message right now.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

01011001 posted:

Considering money doesn't go through until he succeeds,

Yeah that's not happening.

This day is better then Christmas, there is no present that can top watching this thing crash and burn.

Dec 26, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Yeah that's not happening.

I'm glad you understood the subtext from the second half of that sentence.

boo_radley posted:

Ouya.tv is just an error message right now.

Fitting.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh crap this is launching today? For whatever reason I thought it wasn't coming out for a couple more weeks.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

01011001 posted:

I'm glad you understood the subtext from the second half of that sentence.

It wouldn't be the Ouya thread without misunderstanding.

The tagline for the thing should probably have something to do with that.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
So, wait, what's the deal on in-store availability? Aren't we theoretically able to go out and buy an OUYA from a brick and mortar right now? :lol:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

C-Euro posted:

Oh crap this is launching today? For whatever reason I thought it wasn't coming out for a couple more weeks.

So did their development team, customer service people, marketing team, webmasters and game developers, apparently.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

So, wait, what's the deal on in-store availability? Aren't we theoretically able to go out and buy an OUYA from a brick and mortar right now? :lol:

That's June, if it ever happens. Right now is the launch for all the guys who preordered it through the kickstarter.

FrozenVent posted:

So did their development team, customer service people, marketing team, webmasters and game developers, apparently.

But their party-planner knew about it? Launch Party today everyone!

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Nope, the TENAGRA today launches starts to be sent out to kickstarter backers only.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SenseLess posted:

Nope, the TENAGRA today launches starts to be sent out to kickstarter backers only.

Ah poo poo, right, totally forgot about that. Eagerly awaiting 5,000 awkward unboxing videos instead.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Meat Recital posted:

Oh hey look, vents!

On the bottom.

Oh.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Oh hey look, vents!

On the bottom.

Oh.

It's almost like they are daring people to set it on their carpet, what could possibly go wrong.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

It's almost like they are daring people to set it on their carpet, what could possibly go wrong.

Are you a bad enough dude to put the PRESIDENT on your carpet?!?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rad Valtar posted:

Compared to the normal state of affairs? Not that much.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

BOOYAKABOOYAKA619BOOYAKABOOYAKAREYMYSTERIO confirmed to launch with Bubsy 3D!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

theflyingorc posted:

I can promise you that there was never a root button, because what is the point?

edit: And dammit XboxPants "We don't have time because we're busy with other things" means "We do not have the funding necessary to cover everything about this product".

I think they've made a critical mistake - they aren't treating kickstarter backers as if it is the official product launch. These are the people who gave them their money, and honestly? They're taking advantage of them by releasing what they're going to release today.

OUYA: I think they've made a critical mistake

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Is it bad that I kinda wanna buy one of these things, then use it as the world's most dangerous/impractical hot dog roaster?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Oh hey look, vents!

On the bottom.

Oh.

With the combonation of a fan blowing sideways into nothing it's not a great game console but a hell of an ez-bake convection oven.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I love how the related story is about Bitcoins.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How hot does an Android board actually get? Is the poor ventilation a big issue for anything other than the Organic Universal Yearning Accessory frying itself?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

How hot does an Android board actually get? Is the poor ventilation a big issue for anything other than the Organic Universal Yearning Accessory frying itself?

It actually shouldn't be an issue regardless of what you play on it, which is going to be nothing at all anyways.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

poik007 posted:

Did anyone here buy LE OUYA? I want first-hand impressions from fellow goons. This is a very curious thing

I ordered it, then forgot to un-order it before it charged me. I'll post my impressions when I get i.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So did it ship?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crackbone posted:

So did it ship?

Apparently yes it did. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend, who should have theirs today at the earliest, if not probably tomorrow.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Rapdawg posted:

I ordered it, then forgot to un-order it before it charged me. I'll post my impressions when I get i.

For your benefit, and the benefit of others who actually paid for one of these in the thread:

I would be very, very careful about giving my credit card info to the OUYA store. Maybe grab a $25 prepaid card to use instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has Sony and Microsoft gone ahead and canceled their next gen consoles yet? Because they cannot possibly compete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Xboxpants must be out doing press for the launch today. Probably standing in a mall somewhere trying to get people to try this amazing new product.

• Locked thread