Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

AfterFather posted:

Looks like the Coogs are getting new Helmets.

I like the Thundercats helmets.

The chrome facemask rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just FYI too for the bargain hunters out there eastbay are having a pretty big sale, cheap hoodies, caps and shirts etc.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

The chrome facemask rules.

Kinda surprised that anyone would think a chrome facemask is a good idea. It looks cool but I don't see anyway that it wouldn't be a distraction for the guy wearing it.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

HarlanHell posted:

Kinda surprised that anyone would think a chrome facemask is a good idea. It looks cool but I don't see anyway that it wouldn't be a distraction for the guy wearing it.

Because they aren't mosquitos?

It's the same way full face helmets aren't distracting to motorcyclists.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Piggles posted:

Because they aren't mosquitos?

It's the same way full face helmets aren't distracting to motorcyclists.

A full faced motorcycle helmet isn't catching the sun, or stadium lights and reflecting it back into your eyes. The sun reflecting off the facemask is one reason why a lot of NFL teams dropped using white face mask and changed them to grey. In fact the only NFL team I can think of that still uses white is Kansas City.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
Well poo poo, if KC didn't wear white facemasks maybe they'd be able to send 8 prow bowlers and have a much improved 3-13 record.

(I get your point.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HarlanHell posted:

A full faced motorcycle helmet isn't catching the sun, or stadium lights and reflecting it back into your eyes. The sun reflecting off the facemask is one reason why a lot of NFL teams dropped using white face mask and changed them to grey. In fact the only NFL team I can think of that still uses white is Kansas City.

But on the other hand the helmet looks like the grill of my F-250 so gently caress yea, brother.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Well, since this is the only jersey thread, I'll post this here, finally came in the mail:

Blake Griffin Oklahoma Sooners jersey! It's...it's so beautiful :swoon:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
The people who have ordered from Yukijersey, how have you chose to pay? I tried ordering one and paying with my Visa, and it basically said "there were problems, click here to go to the main page"

I even tried with a western union account. I bet my credit cards are blocking the overseas purchase, which is bullshit.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 22, 2013

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
New Era just posted this years draft caps on their Facebook page.

I like them more than last years, that's for sure.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

The Dolphins have confirmed their new logo, and it looks like generic clip art.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...story?track=rss

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

here it is for reference

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a :smith: big enough for the fact that the best logo ever is gone from the NFL?

:cryingdolphin:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Does anyone have a :smith: big enough for the fact that the best logo ever is gone from the NFL?

:cryingdolphin:

I'm still mad.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

So are the New Era hats just going to run with the old logo?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

oldskool posted:

So are the New Era hats just going to run with the old logo?

They'll have multiple designs most likely.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the new logo is fine and you're all being huge babies about your dumb helmet fish.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the new logo is fine and you're all being huge babies about your dumb helmet mammal.

fixed. Also I agree.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the new logo is fine and you're all being huge babies about your dumb helmet fish.

:mad: I'm sorry you lost your faaaaaaabulous pirate a long time ago but there's no need to be rude about porpoise safety

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Declan MacManus posted:

:mad: I'm sorry you lost your faaaaaaabulous pirate a long time ago but there's no need to be rude about porpoise safety

No he's right

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I actually don't hate the new logo but the old one was still the best ever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kidcoelacanth posted:

coming from you that means absolutely nothing

SteelAngel2000 posted:

No he's right

you have no eye for fashion

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

here it is for reference

I love you ehud

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Ehud was poster of the year 2012 imo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Would you rather have creamsicle Bruce or Pewter Pirate? This will tell us whether or not you have a soul.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I also think the new Dolphins logo is as good an update as it was gonna get, but the old one is such a classic that pretty much anything looks bad in comparison.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rap posted:

I love you ehud

I love you too, buddy

one day our teams will be good ok

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

I also think the new Dolphins logo is as good an update as it was gonna get, but the old one is such a classic that pretty much anything looks bad in comparison.
I guess that's how I feel too...well that and it sort of makes me think of a park like Seaworld rather than the football team.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Would you rather have creamsicle Bruce or Pewter Pirate? This will tell us whether or not you have a soul.

I think the mid-90's re-design was a really well done upgrade and I like the flag a lot. That being said, creamsicles :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:

Ehud posted:

coming from you that means absolutely nothing

Harsh, bro.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't really have anything against you :glomp:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

We are all Florida poor attendance bros

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Declan MacManus posted:

We are all Florida poor attendance bros

When is the last time the Bucs sold out a home game?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the mid-90's re-design was a really well done upgrade and I like the flag a lot. That being said, creamsicles :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:
I made this a while back for something around here:

Considering how much New Era screws around with logos/colors I'm surprised they haven't just done something like that themselves.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Anytime the Giants, Jets, or Steelers are in town.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

kidcoelacanth posted:

The Bucs really have been blessed with some awesome designs. Creamsicles were the best but as far as updates go the Flag + darker red looks fantastic too. They updated right.

I still can't get over the horrible updated seahawks look. I can't stand it. I thought I'd get used to it over the year but I didn't. Plus those Gray jerseys were the absolute worst.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

btw Febreeze sorry I never went through your logo redesign thing I got busy + forgot I will go back through em eventually.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

The Bucs really have been blessed with some awesome designs. Creamsicles were the best but as far as updates go the Flag + darker red looks fantastic too. They updated right.

I still can't get over the horrible updated seahawks look. I can't stand it. I thought I'd get used to it over the year but I didn't. Plus those Gray jerseys were the absolute worst.

The Seahawks update has been very divisive. At first I didn't like it much and I thought our old unis were the best. Once the seasn started I started to become accustomed to them. Now I look back and can barely stand the old jerseys. I absolutely love the new jerseys, especially the wolf grey. The new unis are slick as hell and entirely unique in the nfl.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the best thing about the new 'Hawks unis, which I like, is that they really tried for something different and made it work. They're not perfect by any means, but they went for it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

kidcoelacanth posted:

btw Febreeze sorry I never went through your logo redesign thing I got busy + forgot I will go back through em eventually.

Oh don't worry about it. I'll still take any critique you have but you can forget about if you want. But I sorta forgot about that whole experiment.

Chichevache posted:

The Seahawks update has been very divisive. At first I didn't like it much and I thought our old unis were the best. Once the seasn started I started to become accustomed to them. Now I look back and can barely stand the old jerseys. I absolutely love the new jerseys, especially the wolf grey. The new unis are slick as hell and entirely unique in the nfl.

The blue ones grew on me a bit. I liked the darker color but it just looks so different from every other uniform it just feels off when I look at it. It's unique sure, but I think they could have made it a little more conforming and still given it a unique flavor. If the whole league looked like that it would be pretty nice though. The Gray however we completely disagree on. It looked like someone forgot to wash the white uniforms for a week. They just looked dirty. The white ones themselves felt unremarkable. Blue ones were the only ones with any personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SteelAngel2000 posted:

said the Chargers fan

• Locked thread