Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Finding a 'busa or really anything without vintage styling in Portland must be like seeing a polar bear in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pfft it's just an Aprilia Mana with all the character removed.

Anyway, I'm beginning to get worried about my new-found obsession with Moto Guzzi:

Man, the MGS-01 gives me a bit of a chubby, I wonder if they still make a few of them that are road registerable?

I wonder how much they cost too, last time I checked the australian prices were nowhere to be found.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

theperminator posted:

Man, the MGS-01 gives me a bit of a chubby, I wonder if they still make a few of them that are road registerable?

I wonder how much they cost too, last time I checked the australian prices were nowhere to be found.

You can get them on special order in the UK, and they're £18,000, which cooled my ardour somewhat.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Haha, Alright that's way out of my affordability.

There is one for sale second hand over here, $45,495...

Might get a V7 one day though, I should've gotten it instead of the GS.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
is the name 'alley rally' registered already or did they just miss an opportunity for a way better name?

edit: just searched it, first two videos are trashy girls in bikinis shaking their asses in a town I used to live in :coal:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 26, 2013

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

hayden. posted:

Very tempting to do the Portland Alley Sweeper Urban Enduro this year.

https://vimeo.com/40034348

Not sure my ZX-14 is the best choice, though. It's heavy, slick tires, I'd probably drop it, and people often report getting tire punctures and I don't really want to fork over hundreds of dollars to replace a tire or broken plastics. 4/20, trade me your 250 for my 14 that weekend! I'll bring it back in fewer than three pieces.

God drat it, fun poo poo like this always seems to land on my work schedule. Sundays are loving impossible for me. And my WR is way too nice for this, I don't think it's ever seen a dirt road in it's life, I'd probably end up taking my girlfriend's Buddy 50 and beat the poo poo out of it.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Moto Guzzi 1000SP

My old man used to have one of those, I wish he'd kept it and given it to me.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

God drat it, fun poo poo like this always seems to land on my work schedule. Sundays are loving impossible for me. And my WR is way too nice for this, I don't think it's ever seen a dirt road in it's life, I'd probably end up taking my girlfriend's Buddy 50 and beat the poo poo out of it.

There's apparently a pretty big scooter presence that goes as well, though they stick to the back so they aren't slowing down the dual sports. I'll look around and see if I can find a place that rents dual sports.

edit: looks like I can get a KLR 650 for $100/day

hayden. fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 26, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

This is a pretty awesome tach/speedo

from http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/3703820120.html

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A lot of old Hondas and Yamahas did that.

I dont know why no one resurrected it, because it is awesome

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

jesus that bike is gorgeous, I wish I was still in the Oregon area I would buy it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also someone, cant remember who, did two stationary horizontal needles, and the numbers rotated underneath them. Very cool.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Ford did that with some cars (I think T-Bird, cougar and Lincoln) didn't know bikes did that too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe I'm thinking of that and misremembering it as something on a bike. :iiam:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
That sounds like it would make it extra difficult to tell your speed / RPM at a glance. I'm usually checking with my peripheral vision and trying to vaguely remember where the needle points for the speed limit.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

hayden. posted:

Very tempting to do the Portland Alley Sweeper Urban Enduro this year.

https://vimeo.com/40034348

Not sure my ZX-14 is the best choice, though. It's heavy, slick tires, I'd probably drop it, and people often report getting tire punctures and I don't really want to fork over hundreds of dollars to replace a tire or broken plastics. 4/20, trade me your 250 for my 14 that weekend! I'll bring it back in fewer than three pieces.

Looks like my Ruckus just made itself worthwhile again.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I hate all you people who have bikes and scooters that are appropriate for this. This is perfect for a ruckus.

Just saw this on Craigslist. Always wanted one, and they're seemingly pretty rare.

Not sure it's the best idea to get a second bike though. Also it has 26k which means it's pretty worn.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 27, 2013

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

hayden. posted:

I hate all you people who have bikes and scooters that are appropriate for this. This is perfect for a ruckus.

Just saw this on Craigslist. Always wanted one, and they're seemingly pretty rare.

Not sure it's the best idea to get a second bike though. Also it has 26k which means it's pretty worn.

I understand the Big Ruckus takes everything good about the regular-sized Ruckus and tosses it out the window.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Safety Dance posted:

I understand the Big Ruckus takes everything good about the regular-sized Ruckus and tosses it out the window.
Having worked on one briefly and pushed it around a shop, I can confirm this. They're huge, heavy, with a long rear end wheelbase and bodywork believe it or not, and ugly.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
You yanks get red, and us northerners get white - snow white. Get it? Good one, Honda. Black for both. Honest to god, this is a hell of a bike. For the 4 km I was able to put on it, with slippery tires, it was an absolute blast. Th engine is quieter than a sewing machine, but does lack anywhere close to the amount of power that a 1100 should make. It has a sight glass wiper for when it gets cloudy. I'm sure I'll get to hoon around on it more in the future, but for now it has to go to it's owner. Poor sap, payed out the rear end for it. - $13299 msrp + PDI and tax.

In other news; I'll be the poor owner of an RG500 next week.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That Honda is cool. RG is cooler.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It's about 87 horsepower isn't it? Hard to find more than one source for this in Google.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DefaultPeanut posted:

In other news; I'll be the poor owner of an RG500 next week.

gently caress all this watered down Honda talk, lets talk about that RG!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

DefaultPeanut posted:

It has a sight glass wiper for when it gets cloudy.

Pics?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Terrible synth music just start playing in my head.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The only music that plays when an RG500 is around is the engine note.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Pope Mobile posted:

Terrible synth music just start playing in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2cAJynZyiA

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Those guys from Northern Ireland finally finished their web series about some goony IT types starting their own outlaw motorcycle gang. Its pretty cheesy but funny in places.
part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQSiJ_tY_Dk
part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gzr0YdP3G4
part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNYwioOj3q8

cant be arsed linking the rest, if you like these the rest are on
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoHackerTV/videos

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Not a bike but bike related...

Finally got someplace to store my motorcycles at the new house... and brought by a really ugly stork too!

10x24 with a 6ft wide roll-up door on one end, a 46" door on the other. I can't wait to start fitting it out as a bike barn!

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Wow, that's so much more convenient than actually building a shed. And you could take it with you when you move!

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

So my brothers friend just finished an 18 month journey from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego on a Honda C90. There's a bunch of pictures and stuff here , far too much for one post, but I really liked this picture

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cormac posted:

So my brothers friend just finished an 18 month journey from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego on a Honda C90. There's a bunch of pictures and stuff here , far too much for one post, but I really liked this picture

Now THAT is touring!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What does that scooter max out at, 30? It definitely makes you take in your surroundings when you have to have to take sideroads the entire way instead of superslabbing 95% of North America.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

What does that scooter max out at, 30? It definitely makes you take in your surroundings when you have to have to take sideroads the entire way instead of superslabbing 95% of North America.

The C90 is capapble of speeds approaching one hundred miles per hour according to the Purple Helmets.

Actually they can do about 50-60 on the flat, maybe more if they've been looked after.

e2a: these are the Purple Helmets, for those who don't know the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTEE76vLPv8

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 28, 2013

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Low and slow is the way to tour. Blasting down the interstate doing 80 seems pointless to me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I always use the kill switch, also because that's what the MSF taught. I can't think of any specific reason to do it other than it doesn't take a hand off the bars.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 13, 2013

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBDpfMC7zo

This dude popped up on my feed. Talk about over reacting to a perceived slight. He also says he "never rides like this" but has two other videos that are just as dumb. I might subscribe to him lol.

I can relate tho, I'm sure I've reacted like this some time in my past before I became a chill rider.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That driver made a dick move, but the biker had plenty of time to react. I would've just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders like "The gently caress, man?"

Limited eiditon GSX-R1000 to commemorate 28 years and one million made. Only 1,985 will be built worldwide.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBDpfMC7zo

This dude popped up on my feed. Talk about over reacting to a perceived slight. He also says he "never rides like this" but has two other videos that are just as dumb. I might subscribe to him lol.

I can relate tho, I'm sure I've reacted like this some time in my past before I became a chill rider.

What am I missing here? The SUV overtook him and apparently this is a problem?

Pope Mobile posted:

That driver made a dick move, but the biker had plenty of time to react. I would've just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders like "The gently caress, man?"

Limited eiditon GSX-R1000 to commemorate 28 years and one million made. Only 1,985 will be built worldwide.

gently caress me that's pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

You're not missing anything, the truck pulled in front of him with plenty of room and the biker overreacted. "Fallowing" somebody is pretty dumb though, especially if the only reason you're mad is they flipped you off. Babies.