Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Pope Mobile posted:

I watched the first 30 minutes of V/H/S and turned it off. Goddamn that movie is terrible.

Yup, I don't get the hype at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

bonestructure posted:

Is it all on there now? The last time I looked they only had about ten selected episodes from different seasons.

Why is it not on dvd for us stinking Americanos. :sigh:

Like a lot of other BBC content (QI, 8 Out of 10 Cats, etc), That Mitchell and Webb Look is available on YouTube from various uploaders if you want to watch it that badly.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

bonestructure posted:

Is it all on there now? The last time I looked they only had about ten selected episodes from different seasons.

Why is it not on dvd for us stinking Americanos. :sigh:

I dunno if I'm seeing something that other American watchers aren't, but there are 4 watchable seasons, each with 6 episodes for me. That's all of it right?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Lavender posted:

I dunno if I'm seeing something that other American watchers aren't, but there are 4 watchable seasons, each with 6 episodes for me. That's all of it right?

That's all of them, it looks like they got the last two seasons recently. The last time I watched some on there, they only had seasons 1 and 2.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Season 5 of Mad Men was just added today. I just finished season 4 last night so it's perfect timing with season 6 starting April 7th.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Pope Mobile posted:

I watched the first 30 minutes of V/H/S and turned it off. Goddamn that movie is terrible.

GF and I watched the whole thing the other night. I was really turned off at the beginning cause it's pretty rapey, but the tapes I thought were ok. Also i'm a sucker for a good "come-uppance" tale. Those guys are all dicks and i'm glad they all died.

The camera work (gladly) calmed down a bit too, which helped.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

10 Beers posted:

If it helps your decision, Peep Show and Mitchell and Webb Look are pretty different styles of humor.

Yeah, I had just the opposite reaction to the two shows. Peep Show makes me laugh so hard I can't breathe, but That Mitchell and Webb Look just isn't that funny to me.

Still funny, but it is a different style of humor than Peep Show.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Peep Show going off instant streaming was one of the worst days of my life (possible exaggeration).

If you want an American comedy set in England The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is a short series worth checking out. I started out liking it, then it got stale for an episode or two, and then it finished strong. I am a horrible reviewer.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Totally TWISTED posted:

If you want an American comedy set in England The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is a short series worth checking out. I started out liking it, then it got stale for an episode or two, and then it finished strong. I am a horrible reviewer.

It has a really strong ending, because each event builds the next while Todd's web of lies grows and grows and then collapses in on itself. It's got a really fantastic element of escalation to it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It has a really strong ending, because each event builds the next while Todd's web of lies grows and grows and then collapses in on itself. It's got a really fantastic element of escalation to it.

It's also got a very British-Comedy feel to it, as the episodes almost always end with the main characters worse off - and generally being more flawed than they are redeemable.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Pope Mobile posted:

I warned you. It's scary... scary bad.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm disappointed Netflix hasn't added anymore good tv shows. I'm thinking about cancelling it for a while and letting it build back up.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I wouldn't write home about Fat Kid Rules the World, but I enjoyed all of it. 3.5-4 / 5

I felt like enough parts weren't too predictable, so it felt somewhat unique. Worth a watch if you don't know what else to put on.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

Gaunab posted:

I'm disappointed Netflix hasn't added anymore good tv shows. I'm thinking about cancelling it for a while and letting it build back up.

Well all the adult swim stuff comes in on the 30th. Then there's a big heap of stuff on the 1st including a bunch of bond movies.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
All I want to know is where the hell Workaholics season 2 is.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Gaunab posted:

Try Running Wilde if you haven't seen it yet.

e; woops, movies thread, still though, check it out.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
I watched the first episode of Breaking Bad and was utterly unimpressed. Should i grit my teeth and watch another our just write the whole thing off as "not for me"?

E: Spelling on a phone..

Crowley has a new favorite as of 08:31 on Mar 27, 2013

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Crowley posted:

I watched the first episode of Breaking Bad and was utterly unimpressed. Should i grit my teeth and watch another ourjust write the whole thing of as "not for me"?

Prepare for dogpile.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crowley posted:

I watched the first episode of Breaking Bad and was utterly unimpressed. Should i grit my teeth and watch another ourjust write the whole thing of as "not for me"?

Oh god.
I've been posting on SA for a long time now and I've never before seen someone with an opinion so... wrong.
It's very good and you should give it one hell of a shot.

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice

Crowley posted:

I watched the first episode of Breaking Bad and was utterly unimpressed. Should i grit my teeth and watch another our just write the whole thing off as "not for me"?

I would say try gritting the first season, it's only 7 episodes. I'm on season 3 and so far S1 has definitely been the weakest, but if the S1 finale doesn't make you immediately want to jump into the next season I'd say it's definitely not for you.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Azraden posted:

I would say try gritting the first season, it's only 7 episodes. I'm on season 3 and so far S1 has definitely been the weakest, but if the S1 finale doesn't make you immediately want to jump into the next season I'd say it's definitely not for you.

I'll give that a whirl. Thanks.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Crowley posted:

E: Spelling on a phone..

I've actually never heard anyone say this before. I HAVE heard people say that it gets too dark, or too stressful, or some variation on that over time, but everyone I have talked to has been pulled in by the first episode.

I just finished S4, and it's as good as anything that has ever been on TV.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Ishamael posted:

I've actually never heard anyone say this before. I HAVE heard people say that it gets too dark, or too stressful, or some variation on that over time, but everyone I have talked to has been pulled in by the first episode.

I suppose it just got overhyped for me, or I'm too European or something.

I'll go watch a few more episodes before I turn back to my usual dose of Alaskan State Troopers.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
My wife and I didn't really care for it either. We got to the ATM/junky episode and just didn't find it appealing. Diff'rent Strokes!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Azraden posted:

This was totally the way it worked for me. I enjoyed S1, but it really clicked for me after that finale. I binged through S2 and S3 in the next several days.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Interesting. I've always felt like Breaking Bad, more than most shows, it's evident whether you'll like it after just watching the first episode.

But if you got nothing better to do, finish the first season.

Reminds me of :lost:. I couldn't stay awake during the first few episodes, but I ended up loving it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I didn't like the first episode of Breaking Bad and it turned me off the show but I eventually watched the rest of it. The first episode I feel tries too hard to be dark but keep watching. It get's better.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm surprised that anyone would like the series if they didn't like the first episode, it's pretty indicative of the show.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Edit, dammit phone.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

User-Friendly posted:

All I want to know is where the hell Workaholics season 2 is.

Or season 3.

Or new Parks and Rec.

Or Louie.

Or new Freaks and Geeks, Jericho, Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Reaper, Dead Like Me, Undeclared, Better of Ted, Terriers*...

* I know. :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man Netflix should bring Terriers back from the dead and produce another season or three. That'd be awesome.

Save Donal from Sons of Anarchy crap fest, unless they've killed him off randomly already.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Bored As gently caress posted:

Or season 3.

Or new Parks and Rec.

Or Louie.

Or new Freaks and Geeks, Jericho, Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Reaper, Dead Like Me, Undeclared, Better of Ted, Terriers*...

* I know. :(

New Parks and Rec and 30 Rock generally come in the summer.

I'm still waiting for the new season of American Dad. They're behind schedule.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
^^^And Bob's Burgers.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

And motherfuckin Arrested Development is due sometime this year, right?

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

me your dad posted:

And motherfuckin Arrested Development is due sometime this year, right?

It's coming in may isn't it?

I hope with the added competition between amazon and Hulu they really start picking up canceled shows. I want move of The River and Terriers damnit.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If you're bored with all the high drama super intelligent smartypants poo poo like House of Cards or CSI, why not try something totally different like the The American Astronaut.

It's kind of a send-up of old 50's sci fi movies and was shot in B/W; the production values are so cheap that SFX involving spaceships is rendered in paintings. The movie starts with the title character performing a four minute dry shave with a straightedge razor, spaceships have controls like old railroad throttles, and Venus has been terraformed into a trailer park or something. There's space miners who conceived a baby just to trade back to Earth for food and supplies, a dopey evil professor who keeps shooting people with a raygun that turns people into lovely gravel, and the women of Venus need a new king. Ehh.

Somehow they spent $1-2 million filming this travesty. It's pretty much so-bad-its-good quality.

Binary Badger has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Mar 28, 2013

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Binary Badger posted:

If you're bored with all the high drama super intelligent smartypants poo poo like House of Cards or CSI, why not try something totally different like the The American Astronaut.

It's kind of a send-up of old 50's sci fi movies and was shot in B/W; the production values are so cheap that SFX involving spaceships is rendered in paintings. The movie starts with the title character performing a four minute dry shave with a straightedge razor, spaceships have controls like old railroad throttles, and Venus has been terraformed into a trailer park or something. There's space miners who conceived a baby just to trade back to Earth for food and supplies, a dopey evil professor who keeps shooting people with a raygun that turns people into lovely gravel, and the women of Venus need a new king. Ehh.

Somehow they spent $1-2 million filming this travesty. It's pretty much so-bad-its-good quality.

The movie has an excellent trailer, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujG1ADn2zk

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'm looking forward to new Parks & Rec as much as the next guy, but I'm pretty sure that they'll finish the season before they toss it on Netflix.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

It's independent art cinema and it's incredibly good. Everyone watch this scifi western musical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
I just got finished with with the 2010 Kidnapped.

Oh man. :allears:

Overall, the plot is a super simple home invasion thriller but the end of it, I poo poo you not, made me actually stand up and start cheering. Not everyone is going to like the ending, or the one glaring plot hole in it, or the pretty goddamn terrible English dubbing, but the movie is just so well done that you might end up enjoying about 90% of it anyway.

Great great great thriller.

Also, big ups to the person who said something about Comedy Bang Bang. I had never heard of it before and, despite thinking that Reggie Watts is the only funny thing about the show, it's still enjoyable. That might be bias though. I'd let Reggie Watts give me a heap of babies.

• Locked thread