Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Casu Marzu posted:

Yeah. Lens rolled out of my bag, dog went after it and tried eating it. Popped the front element and all the innards turned to outards. He's fine though. rear end in a top hat.

Let me guess, Canon 50 1.8? Those things are massive pieces of snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

Let me guess, Canon 50 1.8? Those things are massive pieces of snype.

That's the one.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Does the company that took a photo of me at the half-marathon I ran really expect me to pony up $59.95 for one digital photograph of me at the race?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

the posted:

Does the company that took a photo of me at the half-marathon I ran really expect me to pony up $59.95 for one digital photograph of me at the race?

Tell them that if they give it to you for free you will put in a good word with all the other runners and it will get their name out there.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

the posted:

You wouldn't get it from me for that little.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

woot fatigue posted:

$59.95 and something involving buttholes.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
"Dog ate my 50mm" for new thread title.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

fivre posted:

Ce n'est pas du dogge.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

woot fatigue posted:

Seriously? For a half-blurry, washed-out pic of me sweating in mid-step? If everyone purchases that, they'd stand to make $120,000 for a one day event. That's normal?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

woot fatigue posted:

Ce n'est pas du dogge.

That dog won't pass no 50mm.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

the posted:

Seriously? For a half-blurry, washed-out pic of me sweating in mid-step? If everyone purchases that, they'd stand to make $120,000 for a one day event. That's normal?

my first paid photography job ever was shooting rich kids doing show jumping. so mind numbing but parents want pics of their precious on a horsie.

doing a race is a big achievment for some people so I can see it working as an impulse buy. They don't need to sell to everyone but 20 people is 1200 bucks which is pretty decent for a day's work.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

fivre posted:

Thy will be done.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

the posted:

If they sell a single photo they probably already made back more than it cost them to be there.

Also I imagine the type of person who isn't going to buy a $60 photo isn't going to buy a $10 photo either. May as well gouge the people who need to document every stupid moment of their life.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Actually $10 was about what I'd pay, to be honest. I know it's a business, but it seems like those prices are a bit ridiculous. For $60 I could pay someone to stand at a spot and take my picture as I run by. It wouldn't have to be a professional either, since it looks like there's no difference in quality.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Those people are at every amateur sporting event, no one's making you pay their prices, just pretend there was no photo at all.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

The thread can't be all buttholes and Magritte parodies.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Also, somehow the lens still works when I got all the pieces back together. Woo?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Pack it up Nikonailures, Canon is the Christ of photography.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Huh?
This just means "the dog chewed on it" is still within acceptable quality parameters for Canon QA.
Par for the course.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

If you're unironically defending the build quality of the Canon 50mm "literally five aperture blades" f/1.8 lens then I don't even know what to say.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
But how is the barkeh?

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I find business models based off of automated roller coaster souvenir photography to be pretty amazing. How else are your now-distant high school friends on facebook going to get jealous of you blasting your quads?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

8th-samurai posted:

But how is the barkeh?

I hear it's pretty ruff.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VomitOnLino posted:

I hear it's pretty ruff.

I will end you.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

8th-samurai posted:

But how is the barkeh?

VomitOnLino posted:

I hear it's pretty ruff.
2 for the score

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world
I am in Kandy, Sri Lanka, and waiting in line for train ticket for a train that ended up being oddly booked out so now I'm fairly certain I'm missing something, but no one is particularly interested in answering my questions here because Sri Lanka is a loving hell hole, a giant wet tear crying and snail trailing mother nature's mascara and so now when she lights up a fag, she looks like a slag.

And these kids are watching me look at a map of kandy I'd photographed out of a five year old German lonely planet on my ipad and like, hell, I wear my white headphones so everyone knows there's an apple product in my pocket, you know, so I gave them a show with all my cow photos I took in India, which is great because there's a whole bunch of them and a furry donkey at the end because just when you think I'm never going to stop flicking through them lo, a furry donkey and the sun it never shined so bright. Im all pointing and onomatopoeiaing moo because these are young kids and one of the kids says muur and I'm like moo! and all the kids say muur! and we're having a hella time of it when this English guy ahead of me joins in and points and says "cow!"

And we all look at him like he's a loving jerk and then the kids go away. And I start playing with money because I'm nearing the counter and I'm still not entirely certain like, you're rocked but not knocked over and something is raining, it's dirty but with bright metal shards, but you ain't hearing anything and the world is darker than it was prior and you're trying to wipe your face because you're feeling pretty different, not in a bad way, but like different. But you can't bring your arm up, no matter how hard you try. And like it kinda looks like it's that there on the ground, your arm, is on the ground. And you're wet?

And so I'm still not entirely certain of the what, if you get my drift, but that giant loving jerk Englishman picked a thing with me over using Instagram filters on my cow photos and how they're, the filters, the decline of photography. That they're the cause, like, and not a symptom or anything and I was spreading it, I was patient zero and my iPhone was, I guess, an accessory like Gaetan's' slime covered cock or Mary's cooking which was probably pretty good and why not that was her profession and his face was red, with an almost purple sheen like a Sudanese man or something and that's all I could think to say, that his face was red and he was misattributing. "You're face is red and you're misattributing."

And it turns out 1/7th of what I said to him wasn't even a loving word. Although maybe he thought I said eight words but I sure as gently caress didn't.

Instagram. Important to amateurs.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

Helmacron posted:

Instagram. Important to amateurs.

Helmacron. Important to Dorkroom.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Don't ever stop :allears:

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

If you're unironically defending the build quality of the Canon 50mm "literally five aperture blades" f/1.8 lens then I don't even know what to say.

Same number as Hasselblad

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Beastruction posted:

Same number as Hasselblad

More like Hasselbad.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Friendly reminder that YOU TOO can become the Hasselbaddest dude around if you buy my 500cm from the buy/sell thread.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

QPZIL posted:

Friendly reminder that YOU TOO can become the Hasselbaddest dude around if you buy my 500cm from the buy/sell thread.

I'll trade you a 500c for it. It's vintage.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

woot fatigue posted:

I'll trade you a 500c for it. It's vintage.

How about a 50d, that's only one less number and one more letter.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

You need to turn in your "cool kids club" card, thanks.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

dukeku posted:

You need to turn in your "cool kids club" card, thanks.

Yeah, woot fatigue, you heard the man.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

QPZIL posted:

Yeah, woot fatigue, you heard the man.

My Hassleblad ProShade™ says otherwise.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

QPZIL posted:

Dont remind me, im about to tell my dad i traded you his nikon gear for that.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

woot fatigue posted:

My Hassleblad ProShade™ says otherwise.

Compendium shades are for Photo.net posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I didn't know there was an actual website called Pixel Peeper. Thought that was just a derogatory slur in the photo lexicon.