Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

With the phone this distance from your face it's like a 60 inch plasma screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

DaTroof posted:

ahahahaha

great, now it's dangling from your head and you still have to touch it to turn the page

wtf are you doing reading a book on your dumb phone? get a kindle ffs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

With the phone this distance from your face it's like a 60 inch plasma screen

that's how i read all my books

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
relaxing and cool

and cool

cool

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Shooting some head flat outside of school

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im sure someone has said "kick farter" yet

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Echo penis

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Sniep posted:

relaxing and cool

and cool

cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

no one has ever said this before

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i prefer the more austral and biological "echidna penis" myself

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

nobody asked about your lunch plans mate

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Trig Discipline posted:

ah yes the legendary e-peen

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

nobody asked about your lunch plans mate

i chuckl'd

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1116321106/shaniqua-no-ho-0

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

i never thought i would see the whitest anime

Sparta
Aug 14, 2003

the other white meat
i think the most depressing thing about ian and statpedia is that the dude has skill in interface design, and he has the patience to see things through; but it's all hidden behind some sort of disorder :[

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trig Discipline posted:

echidna penis weirdest penis

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKZcf0KBo-U

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that's a weird fuckin' penis

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

quote:

To whoever may read this, let us start by apologizing. We were naive, privileged, and stupid. While we're sure we would have eventually reached our goal, we realized, after deep reflection, that it wouldn't have been right. As such, we've suspended the project, and we will be reporting ourselves to Kickstarter as violating their terms of service. We've already begun disassembling our Tumblr, Facebook, and Blogger accounts. We'll remove the website as soon as we can. We would remove the Kickstarter project itself, but they are kept up indefinitely once launched. If we can find a way to have it removed, we will. If not, all we can say is that our apology will be on display along with our mistake as an example for others.

We would also like to thank the people who, despite their very justified rage at our callous and unthinking behavior, were willing to take a moment to help us understand what we did wrong. They were under no obligation to do so, and we had no reason to expect that kindness. They were willing to take on that burden, and we owe them a debt. Thank you, and we cannot apologize enough for the harm we caused.

It's a hollow apology, but we never meant to offend. You hear that so often, but it never makes it any better. We wanted to make manga with an empowered, capable woman as the protagonist. We wanted to make a comic that showed a brown skinned woman in a leading role like Luffy and Goku. We wanted to change the conversation about sex workers by making them respectable and powerful. We wanted to do it by parodying a genre we love very much. We thought we'd been careful with problematic elements in the script by asking women and sex workers for feedback while we were working. We were wrong.

These are all excuses, and nothing can change the fact that we were in the wrong. We had good intentions, but it is very, very obvious that we failed. Noble intentions aren’t good enough; we didn't check our privilege nearly enough to consider the pain and damage we would do and have done with this comic. We understand that people are angry and will be angry; they have every right to be. We hosed up.

We're sorry, and we promise that we will try our best to do better in the future. We will learn from our mistakes. We're not asking for forgiveness or a pat on the back because we “learned something” at so many people's emotional distress. We were stupid, and we deserve anger and disgust that we've seen over the past few days. We can see that very clearly now. We're sorry, and we can't say it enough.

quote:

Nathyn is right. I agree whole heartedly this is an overly sensitive world and you do have the 1st Amendment for a Reason. I already shared my thoughts on the matter what your doing is not racist or sexist, if thats the case then we need to really look at the sex and violence book not to mention every GTA game ever made. If you are done with this project indeed than I challenge you to make a new shonen.

I have a great idea for your you guys if you would like to discuss it privately. If people can make religion bashing comics on KS and get funded among other appalling things then I don't see how in the hell you guys violated the terms of service. You had an original idea and it had a theme that many would be offended by. Its as simple as this, if your offended dont back it, dont watch, dont play it, dont support it. OK rant over. All the best of luck again, I have an idea for you guys if you are interested just message me privately. Thanks.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 27, 2013

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

should have... sent a poet....

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

should have... sent a poet....

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

i'm really liking TLO's new stripped down crew

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
'huh, that art is reasonably competent, I wonder why they cancelled it?'

quote:

We are giant nerds. We go to anime conventions, watch anime, read manga, and cosplay. But even more than that, we want to contribute to the fandom that we love so much. We want to create, and we want to show the world what we've made. We want nothing more than to introduce the rest of the world to characters like Big Lips Dorothy, the trailer park ho, and Pimpsferatu, not to mention Shaniqua’s primary antagonist, The Vice Squad, as well as the evil, drug-abusing Gold Diggers syndicate, but right now, we’re stuck.

'oh'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh i see they meant ho in the racist way

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

at least he's being transparent about the fact that kickstarter is being used to fund pet projects by rich white people

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Al! posted:

oh i see they meant ho in the racist way

as opposed to the not rich, white, sheltered, privileged way

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

My wife and I recently returned home from a vacation to California with some friends. As we were getting ready to board our flight home, my friend couldn't find his credit card in his wallet. He contacted the rental car company thinking he had left it in the car after filling up with gas. The rental company double checked the car, but found nothing. My friend searched his wallet over and over again, but also couldn't find it. Fearful he would have to cancel his card, he resorted to emptying all of the contents in his wallet while seated on the plane. I was amazed at the heaping pile that came out of his wallet. Luckily for my friend, he found his credit card hidden deep in his wallet.

As for me, the vacation went so smoothly using my Crabby Wallet. In fact, it was more convenient than I ever expected. I have never had such an easy time going through security at the airport. My car key and phone were securely held together with my wallet in my front pocket. My ID was easily accessible when required.

While at the theme parks in California, I had everything I needed and nothing more all in my front pocket with my Crabby Wallet. The wallet made the trip so simple. All of the park's reentry tickets and fast pass tickets slid easily in to the front easy access pocket. Needles to say, I didn't lose my credit card in my wallet unlike my friend. I did lose my wedding ring though. I guess I should have attached it to the wallet's attachment loop somehow.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
s/Crabby/Crappy/g

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
that story isn't complete without his friend looking up at the sky with his palms out and beseeching his uncaring god, "there's gotta be a better way!"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

flyboi posted:

s/Crabby Wallet/Fox Racing Money Clip/g

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geary-a-beautiful-modern-open-source-email-client

crowdfunding for an email client in tyool 2013

at least it's fixed funding and not flexible

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

slogsdon posted:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geary-a-beautiful-modern-open-source-email-client

crowdfunding for an email client in tyool 2013

at least it's fixed funding and not flexible

Wow. $100,000 for an Outlook-looking Thunderbird.

I love the $2,500 "reward."

quote:

As though the fantastic perks listed above weren't enough, you're also invited to sit in the Yorba office and hack with our engineers for a day! (Travel and board not included.) You'll have at your disposal a desk, a comfortable chair, WiFi connectivity, and a workstation or monitor for your own notebook. See how Yorba develops its great software, join us for lunch, sit in our design meetings, and chat with the crew about the challenges of creating world-class open-source software!

I can pay to work in a cubicle for a day! Sign me up! I've had this poo poo backwards my entire career.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

It would be more productive to kick start a Linux port of Inky

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i've always wanted to sort my email priority by various nearly indistinguishable shades of blue

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Al! posted:

i've always wanted to sort my email priority by various nearly indistinguishable shades of blue

same but red, it's me im the outlook flags

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I'm the 7 different email accounts

or are those something else

actuall nevermind i dont care

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MrMoo posted:

It would be more productive to kick start a Linux port of Inky