Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
God that is just so interminably slow, unless you are getting that bizarre boost on the rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010
This game seems like an XTREME Non-extreme game. I love it though. I'm glad you guys finally finished with Metal X. That game seemed alright, but drat I'm glad the mutants in it are behind us now.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I remember this game! This was one of the ones that I rented from Blockbuster when I worked there. I remember the magically magnetic rails, and crazy floaty jumps and tricks. Bearing in mind that we got 5 free rentals a week, I still only saw the first level of this game because it got taken back so quickly. It was literally not worth a free rental.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
By the way, I'm not going to upload the intro since I'm totes mcgoats scared of getting flagged and losing my "no upload time limit" status on youtube, but I think everyone should see it so they can at least understand the "What if it snowed in San Francisco" references. Thankfully, someone else uploaded it for me. Highlights include Jonny Moseley being super full of himself even in real life, and all the weird-rear end animation in the back half.

JMMT Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLP2YzQg-A&t=50s

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Ovues posted:

By the way, I'm not going to upload the intro since I'm totes mcgoats scared of getting flagged and losing my "no upload time limit" status on youtube, but I think everyone should see it so they can at least understand the "What if it snowed in San Francisco" references. Thankfully, someone else uploaded it for me. Highlights include Jonny Moseley being super full of himself even in real life, and all the weird-rear end animation in the back half.

JMMT Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLP2YzQg-A&t=50s

I was wondering what you guys were going to say about the intro since it's quite a intro.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Holy wow. That intro. I just...I mean...what?

Serious question, how did you not just say 'gently caress this' and toss the disc in the trash after watching that?

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I was half expecting Take On Me to start playing in the middle of that intro.

I know that I for one have the two young blonde girls stay at the bottom of the steps when I decide to leave the general party looking for excitement...

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Holy cow that's awful.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Based on the intro video, I'm guessing this game takes place during an alternate 1995.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

Skogul posted:

I've watched every video of this LP and I really enjoy listening to you and BT. Your voices are just really soothing to listen. I know absolutely nothing about sports games but you guys make these look fun and interesting. :)

I know nothing about sports [games] either, but I find it interesting that you think our voices are soothing... Most of my nightmares come with Insetik/Ovues as a narrator, so I have a slightly skewed view on his voice.

Either way, thanks for the support!

Hampooj posted:

This game seems like an XTREME Non-extreme game. I love it though. I'm glad you guys finally finished with Metal X. That game seemed alright, but drat I'm glad the mutants in it are behind us now.

It's pretty unextreme... But Metal X was kinda scary. I miss the good old days of DD...

IntelligentCalcium posted:

Holy wow. That intro. I just...I mean...what?

Serious question, how did you not just say 'gently caress this' and toss the disc in the trash after watching that?

We seriously considered it. I was the one who pushed Insetik/Ovues to do this one, one of my major arguments being that the game seemed short and that I had plenty of rope if he wanted to hang himself afterwards.

blanktester fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 26, 2013

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Well, I uploaded part 2 to youtube, and then forgot to update the thread. So if you already watched it once, watch it again :D This time around, someone unseen since the days of JetX20/Splashdown has come back, that's right, it's "Allen" everybody!

Jonny Moseley Mad Trix Part 2: Rome and Alaska

Text Link

EDIT: Oh yeah, rewatching the intro, Jonny Moseley jumped from the golden gate bridge to that red back-and-forth street landmark (what? I don't live there) IN ONE JUMP. Literally superhuman, he is. Also, I'll try to get these out a bit faster than I did FMX, so your nightmares don't last as long.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 26, 2013

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
So I decided to look up this game on Amazon. Some people seem to laud this game as the greatest thing ever, and the rest of the people are sane and realize that this game is a piece of trash that should never be touch with a stick.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to assume the praise-filled Amazon reviews are jokes. You get the same thing with stuff like Superman 64.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

What everyone needs to know about this game: you can buy it for a penny plus a couple dollars shipping. They're pretty much near the point where they'll just give it to you for free.

I can't believe this game. :cripes:

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 27, 2013

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

PenguinKnight posted:

What everyone needs to know about this game: you can buy it for a penny plus a couple dollars shipping. They're pretty much near the point where they'll just give it to you for free.

1) Lol, Insetik/Ovues got ripped off.
2) I don't know about anyone else, but I think this game deserves the same treatment that ET got. 72 copies???

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

PenguinKnight posted:

List Price: $29.95 $7.99

Yup, that's about the same thing as Vintage Stock slowly dropping the price down from 12.99 to 3.99. Also, I was there over the weekend, and while I bought the only copy of this game that was there when I bought it, as of Saturday, there were THREE OTHER COPIES in that store. Which means that A: me buying it caused Vintage Stock to think "Hey, this game sells" and order more (all to be sold for 4 dollars) or B: My LPs have caused everyone who held on to their copies for some reason to finally, finally let go of them.

Also:

quote:

0 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Is this game good?, February 10, 2002
A Kid's Review
This review is from: JONNY MOSELEY: MAD TRIXX - PS2 (Video Game)

Hey. I've never tried this game before, but most ppl think it's good, and only a few thinks it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But i would just assume that it would be good.

OH, I NEVER ACTUALLY PLAYED IT, I'LL JUST GIVE IT FIVE STARS ANYWAYS

God, I feel like I'm doing a Newgrounds retsupurae. Slowbeef, is this how you feel? Because I have a headache from this one kid alone.

Wait, one more

quote:

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Sweet., December 29, 2001
Aaron Mackley (Bozeman, MT USA)

Finally a game that is for skiing!!!!! It is a blast also!! At first I had to get used to the menu and setup because it is really poorly set up. But once play the game it is awsome. the storyline of it is really cool and realistic. One downside is that there is no multiplayer, but you can always get around that. If you are a skier it is a must own and if you are a snowboarder definitley consider it.

Ok, the 'storyline' is that Skier X, the generic "full stats secret character" you get for 100%-ing the game, just showed up one day and got all the gold medals and poo poo. How is that cool? How is that realistic? HOW IS THAT COOL??? Is there a part that I'm missing? I really think I am because another review mentions racing and as far as I know, there's only the ten tricking events in the career mode.

Ok, I lied, last one:

quote:

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Sic O Mania, December 27, 2001
Daniel Dahlin (Jackson Hole, WY)

Jonny mosely Mad TRix's is one of the greatest games made of all time. It beats frogger it beats pac man it beats everything. It has everything from the spread eagle to the D spin. And yes it does include the daffy.

Let's Play Jonny mosely Mad TRix: It has everything from the spread eagle to the D spin. And yes it does include the daffy.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 27, 2013

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

If I were any good with photoshop, I'd do like, the Trix rabbit really pissed off on a pair of skis.

Mad Trix, get it? Ohhohohoho, etc.

Seriously though that's some quality load times. Sonic2k6 is jealous, even.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Seriously though that's some quality load times. Sonic2k6 is jealous, even.

As rabid followers of this series (Insetik's mom) probably know, I'm a fan of Sonic games, especially Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the GC. I played through Sonic 2K6 3 times: once to see if it was good (it wasn't), the second time to get the achievements (not worth it), and the third time for old time's sake (kill me now).

I had nightmares for months.

However, after watching these Jonny Moseley videos, I can safely say that every time I close my eyes, I see this:

EVEN THE LOADING NEEDS TO LOAD, WTF

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I was thinking about your challenge, the one where we would actually play the game. Turns out you were ripped off. I found it for $1.99. Unless people actually seeing the game somehow lowered its value even more.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Houle posted:

I was thinking about your challenge, the one where we would actually play the game. Turns out you were ripped off. I found it for $1.99. Unless people actually seeing the game somehow lowered its value even more.

So are you going to play it? If so, record that poo poo son. Also, it's not like I went around different stores price shopping for this game, checking WALMART n poo poo for hot dealz on cool games, but maybe next time.

Btw, blanktester has an amazing picture he's making for this thread, so now that I've told you all about that, he'll have to do it. Can't wait, it sounds great.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

If I were any good with photoshop, I'd do like, the Trix rabbit really pissed off on a pair of skis.

Mad Trix, get it? Ohhohohoho, etc.

Ovues posted:

Btw, blanktester has an amazing picture he's making for this thread, so now that I've told you all about that, he'll have to do it. Can't wait, it sounds great.

Did you have to say something? I was hoping to surprise everyone.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

blanktester posted:

Don't worry. You still surprised me. And that's all that matters.

The "D for Delicious" was my idea

Insetik fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 29, 2013

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Ovues posted:

So are you going to play it? If so, record that poo poo son. Also, it's not like I went around different stores price shopping for this game, checking WALMART n poo poo for hot dealz on cool games, but maybe next time.

I'm highly considering it. I made the mistake of buying Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD so this might actually be an improvement to the physics. As for recording it, maybe if I did so in a retsupurae-bait style since I don't really have any method in doing so outside a Webcam. Though, it wouldn't exactly do the game a disservice.

And fair enough on the deals, honestly I'm impressed that you managed to figure out how to Skii on the moon with magnetic poles. Obviously that's what's going on here. The only way to explain why you seem to gravitate to them and why it's snowing everywhere. The moon is cold.

I would play the poo poo out of a game that provided me with an X-treme part of a balanced breakfast.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Houle posted:

I'm highly considering it. I made the mistake of buying Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD so this might actually be an improvement to the physics. As for recording it, maybe if I did so in a retsupurae-bait style since I don't really have any method in doing so outside a Webcam. Though, it wouldn't exactly do the game a disservice.

And fair enough on the deals, honestly I'm impressed that you managed to figure out how to Skii on the moon with magnetic poles. Obviously that's what's going on here. The only way to explain why you seem to gravitate to them and why it's snowing everywhere. The moon is cold.

DO IT BRAH!!!

Set a high sc[h]ore, demand that Ovues beat it. Not sure that's how weather works, however.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

blanktester posted:

It's...beautiful...

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

It's...beautiful...

Thank you. I'm not that good at GIMP but I thought it came out pretty okay. My favorite tidbit is Frankenberry. He's just... there. And the goggles (which didn't come out great) were a lot harder than I thought they would be.

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010
I love all the little touches to it. Rated D for Delicious :allears:

My one complaint is that it's Mad Trix, but Trix doesn't look very mad! Also needs more guns and explosions to be truly XTREME

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ovues posted:

Ok, the 'storyline' is that Skier X, the generic "full stats secret character" you get for 100%-ing the game, just showed up one day and got all the gold medals and poo poo.
Is Skier X just Jonny Moseley wearing a mask?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Croccers posted:

I don't exactly remember. He had different signature tricks, which I guess is really the only difference between the characters.

Anyways, I decided to expand on what I said in Part 1 of JMMT and I took my two roommates to Jonny Moseley Boot Camp! That's right, I turned on the game, gathered us in the room, plugged my capture card in, plugged my microphone in, and FORCED both of them to play the game for the first time. Since I'm too good at extreme sports games, this experiment was to show what it looks like for the average person to try to play Jonny Moseley. Inside this video is two amazing runs down the first level, one from both blanktester and alan6541 as different unexpected poo poo happens to them along the way. I hope you find this enjoyable and we'll be back with Part 3 soon. Last one down the slope is a rotten jegg (I have no idea where I was going with that).

Jonny Moseley Mad Trix Bonus: Blind Runs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuAohXY9yaM

Centurion154
Feb 1, 2013
Alan seems to be a natural at it, maybe he should be playing these games instead. Blanktester on the otherhand shouldn't quit his day job.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
What makes a game more extreme? GUNS! What would be the most extreme game then? A game with NOTHING BUT GUNS

Let's Play NRA Gun Club and make my dad proud of me!

What is this game?
Hone your skills and get video-game-certified to fire tens of guns that you could find at your local hunting store! Spend a lot of time shooting at defenseless cans, plates, and cardboard targets. The lack of any background music at all allows you to definitely concentrate as your aim swings all over the place. But the best thing is how this game revolutionizes the FPS: there is absolutely no violence or blood here!

EPISODES:

NRA Gun Club Part 1: Truxican Standoff

Text Link

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010

Hampooj posted:

...needs more guns and explosions to be truly XTREME
I feel so vindicated, and it is beautiful.

I cannot, however, get over the fact that you paid $10 for this. What the loving gently caress, man? I want you to hermetically seal this game up and preserve it perfectly for your grandchildren, because they need to know what happened here this day. When you're old and grey and on your death bed, you'll have your vague will all written up and your family will just be waiting for you to die so they can inherit whatever vast fortune you left for them.. and then they will open a sealed vault door and see a mountain of extreme sports games, and this. This perfect gem, separate from all. They will know no explanation. They will have to come to terms with the fact that this is your legacy, and this is what you left for them.

You are a monster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like how your related videos are nothing but guys posing shirtless in front of confederate flags.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Hampooj posted:

I cannot, however, get over the fact that you paid $10 for this. What the loving gently caress, man? I want you to hermetically seal this game up and preserve it perfectly for your grandchildren, because they need to know what happened here this day. When you're old and grey and on your death bed, you'll have your vague will all written up and your family will just be waiting for you to die so they can inherit whatever vast fortune you left for them.. and then they will open a sealed vault door and see a mountain of extreme sports games, and this. This perfect gem, separate from all. They will know no explanation. They will have to come to terms with the fact that this is your legacy, and this is what you left for them.

You are a monster.

That video was dedicated to all of you who say that blanktester and I have the sharpest quips in town. Did you hear them all? They were pee sweet. Also, I just want to point out that when compressing, that 37 and a half minute video actually took just as much time as a regular 17 minute game episode. Because SO LITTLE WAS GOING ON that there was lots of empty space to burn through in the compression.

JM will be back tomorrow.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 2, 2013

Enilev
Jun 11, 2001

Domesticated

Ovues posted:

NRA Gun Club Part 1: Truxican Standoff

I can't believe it came out in 2009. With cutting edge graphics like that, maybe it deserves a port to the Ouya.

As for the flood of bad reviews, were you paying attention to the news in December? Though I'm pretty sure that if this game did make anyone into a mass murderer, they would have gone after the developers first.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Hampooj posted:

I love all the little touches to it. Rated D for Delicious :allears:

My one complaint is that it's Mad Trix, but Trix doesn't look very mad! Also needs more guns and explosions to be truly XTREME

I tried but it just didn't look right. I don't know if everyone else can see this, but I had to recreate a lot of the left side of his face (our left, not his) because the picture had his hand over that part. I think if I was better at GIMP I would have tried harder.

Croccers posted:

We cover that conclusively by the end. ;)

Centurion154 posted:

Alan seems to be a natural at it, maybe he should be playing these games instead. Blanktester on the otherhand shouldn't quit his day job.

EXCUSE ME SIR, how dare you presume that I have enough marketable skills to hold a day job!

Hampooj posted:

You are a monster.

According to Gamespot.com, you can buy this game for $16.48. What a steal!

Also, EXCUSE ME SIR, how dare you presume Insetik/Ovues is capable of reproducing!

Enilev posted:

I can't believe it came out in 2009. With cutting edge graphics like that, maybe it deserves a port to the Ouya.

2009??? It came out in 2006! If we said 2009, I'm sorry. That would have been truly terrible.

That said, the game is terrible all by itself. Reading the reviews for this game is truly hilarious.

That last link appears to be speaking about Ovues' dad.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Opening with April Fools made me laugh out loud.

Thank you Instik and A Bich.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It took some time, but I worked out what 'B' was on the Tic Tac Toe board: Bullseye. You just kept missing because this game is poo poo. It could also have been 'border', but I doubt it.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Today on Jonny Moseley part 3, we explore the background of Skier X and how he maybe was the reason that Jonny Moseley's career fell apart after this game. Like I said in the youtube description, if you're a fan of Jonny Moseley the person, turn back now because we start grilling this mofo for all he's worth.

Jonny Moseley Mad Trix Part 3: Machu Picchu and Nepal

Text Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

TWEAKED OUT COMBO!

TWEAKED OUT COMBO!

TWEAKED OUT COMBO!

It's like a slightly less mechanical Microsoft Text-to-speech.

• Locked thread