Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think I would kill a small child if I saw that in a tournament. Unless I was playing pSev or eFeora anyway. pSkarre is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

S.J. posted:

pSkarre lurves the Kraken. So does the Witch Coven, eDenny, and eGoreshade. The new Gaspy probably likes it too but I've honestly never seen anyone put them together.

A friend of mine at my LGS runs Gaspy3 with a Kraken, DJ, one cheapo arc node, and full satyxis and gets pretty good results.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Cool man. I only just heard of Pop! The other day so I didn't think of it. The WMH scene in Michigan is exploding right now. Really awesome to see.

It really does seem like GW has hit the last nerve with older players. I've bitched and complained in the past about all their other bullshit, but I really don't want to give them anymore money, even if I like some of the new stuff coming out.

Also tried my Trollbloods today first time. I know I missed a lot of rules I am sure, but I did enjoy it even though it was a loss. It came down to my Axer leaving three HP left on his caster in one round while his jack took the remaining four down on my guy. Not having a heavy beast/jak seemed to hurt a bit at beginner size games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Releases for May and June:

---MAY---
5/8/13 - Protectorate Exemplar Bastion Seneschal Solo (white metal) - $24.99
5/8/13 - Retribution Chimera Light Myrmidon (plastic) - $18.99
5/8/13 - Retribution Gorgon Light Myrmidon (plastic) - $18.99
5/8/13 - Retribution Griffon Light Myrmidon (plastic) - $18.99
5/8/13 - Mercenary Tactical Arcanist Corps Rhulic Unit (3) (white metal) - $29.99
5/8/13 - Mercenary Press Gangers Privateer Sea Dog Unit (10) (white metal) - $44.99
5/8/13 - Trollblood Troll Bouncer Light Warbeast (plastic) - $18.99

5/22/13 - Circle Orboros Tharn Blood Pack Unit (plastic) - $54.99
5/22/13 - Legion of Everblight Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight Nyss Cavalry Warlock (white metal) - $64.99
5/22/13 - Skorne Reptile Hounds Lesser Warbeasts (2) (white metal) - $17.99

5/30/13 - No Quarter #48 - $.750

---JUNE---
6/5/13 - Level 7 [Escape]: Lockdown - $31.99
6/5/13 - Trollblood Troll Axer Light Warbeast (plastic) - $18.99
6/5/13 - Circle Orboros Argus Light Warbeast (plastic) - $14.99
6/5/13 - Skorne Cataphract Arcuarii Unit (plastic) - $54.99
6/5/13 - Iron Kingdoms Full Metal Fantasy Roleplaying Game Token Set - $18.99

6/19/13 - Stormblade Infantry Captain Storm Knight Solo (white metal) - $15.99
6/19/13 - Khador Iron Fang Kovnik Solo (white metal) - $18.99
6/19/13 - Mercenary Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters Nyss Character Unit (white metal) - $59.99
6/19/13 - Circle Orboros Tharn Ravagers Unit (plastic) - $54.99

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Thrylyth is $65, goddamn.

Also, Axis is in today's Insider. Holy poo poo, Cyriss is so brokenly awesome already.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

S.J. posted:

My buddy got 4th place at Mayhem Cup running this at 50 points

Pirate Queen Skarre

Kraken
Skarlock Thrall

Satyxis Raiders Max

Satyxis Raider Sea Witch

Satyxis Blood Witches Max

Satyxis Blood Hag

Mechanithralls Max

Mechanithralls Min

Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls

Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls

Necrotech

Satyxis Raider Captain

Saxon Orrik

Infantrymachine :commissar:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The first three places were covering fire templates. :downswords:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Gay Polymers posted:

Thrylyth is $65, goddamn.

Also, Axis is in today's Insider. Holy poo poo, Cyriss is so brokenly awesome already.

His entire battlegroup has Counter Charge :catstare:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

S.J. posted:

Oh I can see this causing drama.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 27, 2013

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Counter charge at mat 7, even. I can see knocking out aspects on warpwolves with that.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

S.J. posted:

As Beatback and Doublestrike. He can charge and then after the charge he can beatback up to 14". That is bonkers.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Welp, it seems PP's figured me out.

Let's see:
WHFB: Undead. Infinity: Nomads/CA. Malifaux: Ramos/Colette. And now Cyriss in WM. Why yes, I do prefer my armies mechanical. Organics are for command only. And the Art-Deco is just a cherry on top.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Axis has Unstoppable Force in his spell list :gonk: Bulldoze, Beat Back and Counter Charge battlegroup wide that is a lot of attack... vectors your opponent needs to cover.

well not beat back only Axis has that whoops

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 28, 2013

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Khorne Flakes posted:

I've been to Gamer's Gauntlet once, and all the Brony/Card gamers was enough for me to never want to step foot in there again.

GG is a good shop. They recently have made a big push towards carrying a ton of warmachine and hordes. The monday and thurs crowds have a nice core of veteran players and newish guys. They obviously make most of their money from MTG, but there is a press ganger who runs events and the there are a lot of experienced players (like myself) willing to help out a noob. There is a shitload of play area, and while our terrain selection isnt super good yet, we are working on it. The huge play area allows for large events, we had a 20 player turnout to a mangled metal event a few months ago, for example. Show up on a Monday night and we will make sure you are welcome. Ask for Bill or Brian.

The brony poo poo, well...thats basically the owners wife's creepy past time. The only brony related thing I ever saw there was when I showed up early to set up a tourney on a saturday morning, they were watching it on the big screen TV. Then they left before the event started.

So give it another shot if you can make it up a thurs or monday. Ill be there tomorrow night with my Cygnar!

Sign
Jul 18, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

6/19/13 - Mercenary Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters Nyss Character Unit (white metal) - $59.99

Is that just a repackage for the full unit or is it a resculpt of some variety?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am 90% sure it is just a repack of the existing models. PP isn't going to do them because the frustration of assembling them and the badness of the sculpts is factored into their point cost.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I actually genuinely like the sculpts, and despite using exactly zero pins I've only had one arm come off in ten months of regular play. And that was nine months ago.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well that's good for you, but not all of us are willing to make pacts with Infernals.

I don't actually own them because I think they look like butts, but I think probably 1/4 of all posts on the Merc PP forums is just people complaining about putting them (and the Halberdiers) together.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
So I played my pigs last night for our new league (wanted to mix it up and not really taking it too seriously) and I was pleasantly surprised by the razorboar. The little guy just did work, got in the way, killed a couple of warspears (played against a pthags t4 list) and generally wasn't bad.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr.Booger posted:

So I played my pigs last night for our new league (wanted to mix it up and not really taking it too seriously) and I was pleasantly surprised by the razorboar. The little guy just did work, got in the way, killed a couple of warspears (played against a pthags t4 list) and generally wasn't bad.

Razorboars are okay value in farrow but that mostly comes out as a result of farrow not having a whole lot of value in the army in general. You have to have really good fundamentals to get farrow to work.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
So I'm entering a Journeyman league with the Circle alternate battle box (pBaldur, Woldwarden, Wold Guardian) so I can score some painting points.

Any tips from our druidic brain trust? Ram on the Guardian seems pretty cool but he is so slow. Most of the fastfastfast hit and run junk I have been trying to do with my Kaya and Krueger lists doesn't seem like it will work at all with Baldur and the wolds.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

GG is a good shop. They recently have made a big push towards carrying a ton of warmachine and hordes. The monday and thurs crowds have a nice core of veteran players and newish guys. They obviously make most of their money from MTG, but there is a press ganger who runs events and the there are a lot of experienced players (like myself) willing to help out a noob. There is a shitload of play area, and while our terrain selection isnt super good yet, we are working on it. The huge play area allows for large events, we had a 20 player turnout to a mangled metal event a few months ago, for example. Show up on a Monday night and we will make sure you are welcome. Ask for Bill or Brian.

The brony poo poo, well...thats basically the owners wife's creepy past time. The only brony related thing I ever saw there was when I showed up early to set up a tourney on a saturday morning, they were watching it on the big screen TV. Then they left before the event started.

So give it another shot if you can make it up a thurs or monday. Ill be there tomorrow night with my Cygnar!

I wouldn't mind trying again, but it's tough to make it up their during the week. By the time I get off work and have time to get up their, its probably after 8 already.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

evenworse username posted:

So I'm entering a Journeyman league with the Circle alternate battle box (pBaldur, Woldwarden, Wold Guardian) so I can score some painting points.

Any tips from our druidic brain trust? Ram on the Guardian seems pretty cool but he is so slow. Most of the fastfastfast hit and run junk I have been trying to do with my Kaya and Krueger lists doesn't seem like it will work at all with Baldur and the wolds.

You hafto get stones in there asap, Wold Guardian needs a teleport, once you realize hes actually movement "slightly more then 9" he's not much of a problem, seeing as he seems to sit down at speed 3 with Baulder a lot. If you play it cleverly you should never not have stoneskin down when you punch thanks to how small that battlegroup is.

I'm probably gonna be doing the same thing, and keeping the growth all in Tier, lets compare notes.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Khorne Flakes posted:

I wouldn't mind trying again, but it's tough to make it up their during the week. By the time I get off work and have time to get up their, its probably after 8 already.

Bummer. If we run any events Ill make sure to post them here so you can have a heads up, we are planning a smallish points value tourney on a weekend relatively soon. Prob a 35 pt.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Anti-Citizen posted:

You hafto get stones in there asap, Wold Guardian needs a teleport, once you realize hes actually movement "slightly more then 9" he's not much of a problem, seeing as he seems to sit down at speed 3 with Baulder a lot. If you play it cleverly you should never not have stoneskin down when you punch thanks to how small that battlegroup is.

I'm probably gonna be doing the same thing, and keeping the growth all in Tier, lets compare notes.

Yeah when the points go up to 15 if I have calculated things right Baldur gets to add exactly 3 points and Stones+UA seems like the obvious way to go there.

It really seems like the Guardian is going to have to do most of the killing so figuring out how to deliver his thunderous rear end seems the primary challenge.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So Adepticon is coming up. I was planning to drive out there with my girlfriend, but the trouble is she doesn't drive and it's kind of far for just one person to do it. Any goons looking to carpool? I'm driving out from Mass, so anyone from MA, CT, NY etc would be perfect. We'd pick you up Wednesday evening and just drive in shifts all night. So you obviously should be able to drive. Can probably take 2 people if need be.

Email me at s y g e r r i k at gmail dot com if you're interested.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

evenworse username posted:

Yeah when the points go up to 15 if I have calculated things right Baldur gets to add exactly 3 points and Stones+UA seems like the obvious way to go there.

It really seems like the Guardian is going to have to do most of the killing so figuring out how to deliver his thunderous rear end seems the primary challenge.

Remember the warden can charge, then put stone skin on itself for the punches, Baulder can do the same thing if you're a man, it makes the whole formation a lot better then it looks.

Anti-Citizen fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 28, 2013

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Just finished the Archangel. Some may scoff at the rules, but I think he sounds sweet, and this model is total fun to paint.

Pics as soon as I have appropriately large googly eyes attached.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Feeple posted:

Pics as soon as I have appropriately large googly eyes attached.
Please post the whole army with googly eyes, I seem to have missed those :(

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Not a lot of talk in here the past few days, it has made me sad.

Midas has me super interested in getting my farrow going, he is just an absolute monster. Really interesting play style from him. I love how brutally aggressive pigs are. It warms the cockles of my heart.

Also, his tier list is bonkers.

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp
Just wondering if someone can explain to a newbie what "fully compatible" entails. Can you get a Warmachine group and play it against a Hordes group with no problems?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Jerry SanDisky posted:

Just wondering if someone can explain to a newbie what "fully compatible" entails. Can you get a Warmachine group and play it against a Hordes group with no problems?

Absolutely. The systems work just fine against or for one another. There are warmachine abilities that specifically do things to hordes and vice versa.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

For extra fun, make sure your very first warmachine vs. hordes game has a bunch of deep and shallow water all over the table.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Two quick questions. 1) When do you check to see if a unit is effected by terror? Can you move through something's terror bubble without triggering it, as long as you end your movement outside of the bubble? 2) Does bulldoze allow you to push a figure with reach out melee range? I presume not, since the push and the reach are both exactly 2''.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

theironjef posted:

For extra fun, make sure your very first warmachine vs. hordes game has a bunch of deep and shallow water all over the table.

The ironic bit is that Colossals can't fall down and water affects infantry the same as it does warbeasts.

(edit: I also find it funny that the CoC warjacks all either hover or have spider legs... its like they know the rules are loving stupid, but good god are they going to jump through some hoops about it.)

Cyclomatic fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 30, 2013

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Painted a bunch of Mercenaries lately.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

Nothing funnier than walking a stormwall right into black oil range, unloading the pain and then shooting the storm pod at something other than Gorman. They have that little flicker of hope in their eyes. Then your gorman blackoils the stormwall. Then they get confused. Then realization and the hope is snuffed out to a background of the stormwall letting out a metallic Godzilla shriek.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Cyclomatic posted:

Nothing funnier than walking a stormwall right into black oil range, unloading the pain and then shooting the storm pod at something other than Gorman. They have that little flicker of hope in their eyes. Then your gorman blackoils the stormwall. Then they get confused. Then realization and the hope is snuffed out to a background of the stormwall letting out a metallic Godzilla shriek.

How does that work? Does your Black Oil prevent theirs from applying, and wear off at the beginning of your turn, ready for Stormwall to trash everything?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Pyrolocutus posted:

How does that work? Does your Black Oil prevent theirs from applying, and wear off at the beginning of your turn, ready for Stormwall to trash everything?

He means that the Stormwall moved in close and din't bother killing Gorman with an autohitting attack at -2, then Gorman Black Oiled it next turn.

Pods are loving horsehit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Yea. Works for stopping elfbolts from annoying pNemo's arcnode too.

• Locked thread