Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So out of curiosity, are there any easy to follow tutorials for total beginners for making Duke Nukem 3D maps? Something that's easy to follow like that goon authored Doombuilder tutorial posted a few times earlier in the thread. Also, what's the best tool? EDUKE32 comes with... Mapster32, right? I really don't know anything about it.
Heh, as far as I know right now there's only the guide on the Edukewiki. Truth be told it's something I've never considered making (I've been mapping for over 10 years though :v:) and I don't think we really get enough new people that any existing people in the community want to make a new easier to use guide.

quote:

After now playing the other two, yeah, it's very much the better of the three. Nuclear Winter was abysmal. It was basically the sort of low effort spritehacks you'd see coming out of a Mario ROM hack. And I sure did love Santa repeating that one line he had every time I shot the stupid bastard.
Yeah, Vacation is the best one and it's really fun to play during Summer as well. I did like Duke it out in DC, the levels looked good although them being mazes can make it a job the first time you're playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Some multiplayer footage of the new Rise of the Triad game has popped up from PAX, and...uh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_Wey4y40c&feature=youtu.be

Did they seriously just implement a little Barkley photo to pop up whenever you perform a Firebomb slam, ala the "Toasty" guy?

Wow, everything I see about this game looks amazing. Did they mention any release date yet?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I got gmdoom installed and got the IWAD in the right place, how do I do anything other than turn the DOOM HUD on? Tried looking on Facepunch but they act like figuring out the console commands is the game itself and won't post "spoilers"

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

redmercer posted:

I got gmdoom installed and got the IWAD in the right place, how do I do anything other than turn the DOOM HUD on? Tried looking on Facepunch but they act like figuring out the console commands is the game itself and won't post "spoilers"

What exactly are you trying to do? That's a ridiculously broad question.

Also, never ask Facepunch anything.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Dominic White posted:

What exactly are you trying to do? That's a ridiculously broad question.

Also, never ask Facepunch anything.

I dunno, spawn monsters, use the Doom weapons, do literally anything related to DOOM beyond just turning the DOOM HUD on

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

redmercer posted:

Hold down Q and a menu should pop up. Go to the weapons tab to give yourself any weapon you want, and go to the NPCs tab to spawn the monsters. You can also go to the NPCs menu on the very top of the screen to have them ignore the players, disable the AI, and even override weapons so you can do stuff like giving a bunch of Combine soldiers and Resistance fighters BFGs and watch them annihilate each other (sadly, the override thing doesn't work on stuff like turrets or gunships). :unsmigghh:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 27, 2013

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Hexen is genuinely a lot more playable with Samsara. Fixing the absolutely awful weapon variety really goes a long way for it.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Life's a Beach was really good--I can say that much.
Agreed, but the opening bit of the Voodoo Caves can gently caress right off though. So many confusingly-identical caves to explore and Slimers hiding in small pools of water...

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Jblade posted:

So, I just beat Serpent Resurrection, 2 entire days later. The game time says it took me 14 hours, but that's not including reload times. That's also not including the fact that I got really tired towards the end and cheated, otherwise add at least an hour onto that. That was one HELL of an adventure, it's not something I could stomach replaying for a long time and it had lots of little niggles but it was definitly worth it. The only big problem I had, and I'm not sure if it's the mod, GZdoom, or just my aging computer but several crashes wiped my savegames. There's autosaves at the start of levels but when a single level can take upwards of an hour or two to clear that's not as helpful. Definitly save in a couple of slots for this one.

Yeah, it's not perfectly polished (I'd be absolutely stunned if it was, given that it's effectively a full, lengthy game made by one guy), but I think it managed to hit the mark better than Hexen did. It definitely requires a fairly modern CPU though. GZDoom might be able to do enormous maps like that on paper, but in practice you need a decent modern-ish i5 or better to make it really work.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 28, 2013

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

After playing through Doom 2 again for the first time in a while, I want to say that my post in response to FirstPersonShitter's review was probably a little harsh. There are good levels in Doom 2! Unfortunately, I can't help but remember the bad ones every time I think about the game because they rub me that raw.

The Starport levels are hit or miss. Most of them are generic and nothing special, but I have a strong dislike for The Gauntlet and The Crusher in particular whose designs have lovely enemy placement, awkward backtracking and gimmicks, or both.

The next group of stages only have two good ones, in my opinion. Dead Simple is an amazing high-speed boss gauntlet. I actually played Doom 64 (which has a homage to this stage called Even Simpler as well as a number of other gauntlet-style levels) before Doom 2 and was very glad to see a level like this. This is seen again in The Courtyard (MAP18), another favorite. Tricks and Traps is a great example of a gimmick level done right and it lives up to its name while The Pit is a great example of a gimmick level done terribly, terribly wrong and I don't think I need to elaborate on these. Refueling Base isn't designed terribly on its own, but being preceded by The Pit makes it a very frustrating map because of ammo limitations and tough monsters.

Circle of 'O' of Destruction of Death is a level that had potential, but I really dislike maps that force you to trek through copious amounts of nukage just to get around. There is another reason why I hate it, though. MAP11 introduces one of the most annoying Doom 2 tropes that was a rare sight in its predecessor: putting projectile-firing monsters in the bottoms of pits that you have to fall down into. This shows up time and time again in even many of the best maps. If you're spoiled by modern source ports then you're probably not as annoyed by this as I am, but keep in mind that in vanilla (including console ports), you cannot look up or down and enemy collision boxes have infinite heights. So you're often left shooting blindly at things roaring down there and hoping the auto-aim hits something some distance below you all while you're trying to run your rear end down into the pit but can't because a shithead Imp is in the way. I don't know what the map designers were thinking because it's a pretty lovely combination to subject your players to.

The Factory and Downtown are almost unanimously disliked for a number of reasons, but I hate Downtown especially because it presents the opposite problem from the one mentioned above: many of the sniping Imps are placed at such a height in the buildings that auto-aim does not activate once you're at a far enough distance to see them! It's a minor annoyance because you can get them just by walking closer and shooting blindly at the window's location, but it's still a pretty bad design decision all around.

I just got through Tenements, which is a fairly generic level but has a design sort of resembling levels from Doom. Inmost Dens and Industrial Zone are great. I already said a few pages back that Inmost Dens is one of my favorite maps even if it doesn't have any secrets or much enemy diversity. I guess I just like the map's layout and intricate (for Doom 2, anyway) architecture. Industrial Zone is huge and sprawling, but is still action-packed and loaded with enough secrets to keep it engaging. Up next is The Citadel, which is another level that reminds me of the general stage designs in Inferno (my favorite episode of the original game). After that comes Gotcha!, which... has a Mastermind and Cyberdemon fighting and is loaded with damage floors, imps, and cacodemons all around very boring architecture. :geno:

And boy am I glad I hadn't played further than that yet, because this post is long enough :gonk:. My point is: Doom 2's frustrations seem to be far, far more memorable than its good moments and it seems like this is why people have such a problem with it. I'm starting to come to that realization now, even after having a hell of a lot of fun in every other level or so.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 28, 2013

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I will always enjoy Ultimate Doom's levels more than Doom 2's.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, it's not perfectly polished (I'd be absolutely stunned if it was, given that it's effectively a full, lengthy game made by one guy), but I think it managed to hit the mark better than Hexen did. It definitely requires a fairly modern CPU though. GZDoom might be able to do enormous maps like that on paper, but in practice you need a decent modern-ish i5 or better to make it really work.
I can't get over how perfect the music was - I thought it was custom made for the mod but when I saw the credits I realised that he got them from Modarchive. Every single track fits amazingly. I'm hoping he's making another one, even if we won't see it for another 5 years (At least the ending I got was pretty clearly setting the scene for a sequal) I think the lag is more to do with GZDoom's 3D floors than the scale of the maps. They always lag badly for me but when I'm in an area without them it's normally pretty fine.

I think the end was pretty great. Having to run through the entire island to get back to the boat was less tedius than I thought, although I mostly dodged the enemies since there is actually a timer. If you take too long the King dies (and the two Elfs if you resuced them too)

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's not an early FPS, I know but we've been following it quite a bit in here. So Here's CynicalBrit/TotalHalibut's preview of ROTT2013, it's deathmatch mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YPQRE57hNQ

It's awfully dark, and I'm not a fan of them moving some of the weapons original firing methods to alt and putting new stuff on primary fire. The drunk missile shoots in succession with primary and spoots out a group of rockets with alt. And the firewall shoots straight out and you use alt fire to make it drop down. Which, if the wall works like it did in the original game, actually makes the weapon less effective. The maps were so spacious that I didn't see anyone getting killed by being stood on, and I didn't here a single LAAdadaaaa.. but it looks pretty fun. The second map particularly got me excited. I'm still looking forward to this.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Turn up the brightness a bit, turn off the motion blur and I think it looks promising. The level-to-player scale does seem a bit off to me, but I'm not quite sure about that.

E: The scale seemed a lot better in the second level.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 28, 2013

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Looks awesome to me. Steamworkshop, moddable at release, FoV slider... Unless they gently caress up badly (wich looks that isn't the case) this game is a day 1 purchase.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New version of Reelism is out. Again, no new features, just bug fixes.

On top of the fixes I posted earlier, this changes the JRPGVille boss room and fixes a bug with a boss talking over himself.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

PLAY DOOM 64!

Doom 64 is poo poo-hot and my favourite Doom game. It's very different to the other Dooms, in some ways better and in some ways worse.

I want to get this out of the way: The sprites suck varying degrees of rear end, some just upper buttock, some straight brown-town. There are a couple I like better. The chaingun looks like it was made out of bigrig exhaust mufflers and the chainsaw has two blades. That's rad. The rest is bad. All the monsters have been redone using janky early CGI models and they're more vertically stretched than Nicki Minaj in a music video. The zombiemen are indistinct and ugly, the baron of hell is like the laziest ever palette swap of the hell knight, even lazier than the original. The Cacos have weird arms and poo poo, the pain elementals have two mouths, I guess the new lost souls are pretty rad, they're all demony now. But the problem with them all is that the detail on them is kind of dark and hard to make out, it sucks.

Also the shotguns have both lost their extremely rad reload/pump animations and the plasma rifle is some ghostbusters poo poo that buzzes constantly and doesn't go BOWAP extremely loudly and rapidly.

So yeah that's all pretty damning cause the charming monster sprites and excellent weapons are one of the main appeals of Doom right?

Luckily Doom 64 is all killer no filler in every other department.

As well as the sprites they totally redid all the art and music for the game. The levels are dark and moody and the music is atmospheric as hell. In terms of mood it has a lot more in common with Quake than it does with Doom. I love the weird midi metal songs of Doom, the atmospheric ambient music of Doom 64 much better fits the level and makes the game feel, not exactly scary but creepy in places. Which is a feat considering as a modern gamer i am used to games stealing my mother's face from facebook and sticking it on a monster that actually rips my dick off irl.

The levels look and play awesomely. Partly cause they added shitlots of new features to the engine like fancy coloured lighting, kind of fake room-over-room poo poo, triggers you activate by shooting them, dart traps. But mostly the levels are just extremely well designed. They are fun to play, the monster placement is top notch, when they make you backtrack they spawn new poo poo in to fight and often the level changes cause they have the ability to do so much more dramatic room changes. The set-pieces in this game are enough to center whole levels around without it getting tiresome. The old monster closets are gone. You have no loving idea what is going to happen when you throw that obviously boobytrapped switch. Normally in other doom games you can tell from the shape of the room what is going to pop open. Here no chance. The entire floor might fall away and pillars will rise up out of lava and barons of hell are gonna be on them. Or giant stampers are gonna pop down from the ceiling and stamp down some arachnotrons. It's crazy, poo poo will get real.

The secrets are great too, there are some really huge multi-part secrets that require you to shoot various switches, lower lifts so you can shoot other switches, run over a certain floor tile, it gets crazy and figuring them out is not a case of pressing E on everything and getting mad (ok sometimes it is but usually it isn't).

THEMEATIC CONSISTENCY! This game has it out the rear end. The visual design is consistent as HELL. The shape of the level conforms to the type of level it is. The tech base levels get progressively more warped and labyrinthine the closer you get to the hell levels. The hell levels range from badass imposing gothic fortresses to caves (rad caves with skeletons and lava and hidden demon temples) to complexes floating in the void (such as in hit level In The Void). With the lighting and the fog and the scrolling skies this game looks great. The tech bases are way more run down and hosed up than in the other Dooms, everything looks like it's been abandoned and irradiated for 50 years (which it has according to the storyline).

In terms of everything these maps are extremely fun, they have challenge, and they also have enough powerups and ammo in the level to make it fair. Everyone can have safe, clean fun with Doom 64. It might throw an unprecedented amount of barons of hell at you sometimes, but you also have enough ammo in the game to take them on. It's not just the set pieces that make the levels so good. They could be entirely lacking all the new poo poo and be in the old doom engine and still be some of the best doom levels ever made for an official release.

There's a rad new weapon. It's called the unmaker. It's made out of demon skin and bones and it shoots lasers and you can upgrade it to shoot more lasers by finding hidden demon keys. It makes up for the lovely plasma rifle.

The monsters are a little different. The chaingunners, revenants and archviles are missing. The pain elementals are still here and they shoot two lost souls at once. Which would be annoying as gently caress if they hadn't made it so lost souls can be killed with one shotgun blast now. Now blasting a swarm of them is fun. There are nightmare imps now too which are like the spectre equivalent of imps. They're pretty cool. I like the monster balance in this game a lot. They know when to throw beefy guys at you and they know when to throw a swarm of smaller guys. It's fun. You'll like it. I guarentee.

I don't know poo poo about the history of this game, but as it was made for the N64 that means it was made by Nintendo, and if it was made by Nintendo it was made in Japan. I'm guessing some young japanese guy, a hardcore fan of all the doom games, was given porting it as his first assignment after graduating from drawing animals from blurry reference photos to create new pokemon. His cigar chomping boss came over and dropped it on his desk and said 'Kid I want this ported by tonight'.

Often game ports are extremely lovely. Look at Doom for PSX. Not this one. That japanese guy knew what he was doing. He didn't remove pillars and call it a day. He kicked it up a notch.

And I salute him.

Now with the miracle of modern technology you can experience this game in the form of Doom 64 EX.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I don't know poo poo about the history of this [Doom64], but as it was made for the N64 that means it was made by Nintendo, and if it was made by Nintendo it was made in Japan.
Just like Turok, right?

Played through it on hardware about eight years ago with dual game pads and a s-vid CRT; thought it was pretty rad.

Played it last year via the source port and got bored as hell maybe halfway in. Seemed really slow to me.

Copper Vein fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 29, 2013

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Copper Vein posted:

Just like Turok, right?

Exactly.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

New version of Reelism is out. Again, no new features, just bug fixes.

On top of the fixes I posted earlier, this changes the JRPGVille boss room and fixes a bug with a boss talking over himself.

Thanks! I was enjoying the unusual new game mode you added, until I realised I may just have gone completely insane.

Convex fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 29, 2013

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I want to get this out of the way: The sprites suck varying degrees of rear end, some just upper buttock, some straight brown-town. There are a couple I like better. The chaingun looks like it was made out of bigrig exhaust mufflers and the chainsaw has two blades. That's rad. The rest is bad.

What about the BFG 9000? Its Doom 64 sprite looks god drat mean.

The secrets are great too, there are some really huge multi-part secrets that require you to shoot various switches, lower lifts so you can shoot other switches, run over a certain floor tile, it gets crazy and figuring them out is not a case of pressing E on everything and getting mad (ok sometimes it is but usually it isn't).

The only real beef I have with Doom 64 is that some levels have permanently-missable secrets. For example, to get to a secret level from Map 4 (Holding Area) you have to hit four switches in a particular order. If you gently caress up the order then you can kiss your first Unmaker artifact goodbye!

I don't know poo poo about the history of this game, but as it was made for the N64 that means it was made by Nintendo, and if it was made by Nintendo it was made in Japan.

Pretty sure this part is made up for humor, but in case it's not: Doom 64 was actually made by Midway Games, which is* headquartered in the Good Ol' US of A.

* Until they got their asses bankrupt, of course.

EDIT: Doom 64 also had the best gimmick levels like Cat and Mouse and Playground. I think they were accessible by cheat-only. Then there's...

Hectic :stonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SShgjdoIalU

NOTE: This guy makes it look way, way easier than it actually is.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 29, 2013

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

I don't know poo poo about the history of this game, but as it was made for the N64 that means it was made by Nintendo, and if it was made by Nintendo it was made in Japan. I'm guessing some young japanese guy, a hardcore fan of all the doom games, was given porting it as his first assignment after graduating from drawing animals from blurry reference photos to create new pokemon. His cigar chomping boss came over and dropped it on his desk and said 'Kid I want this ported by tonight'.

I think the true story is even more bizar. Midway gets hired to make a new Doom game, but works together with Id on it. Now, by the time they were doing this, Id was already busy with Quake and Doom was pretty much dead in the water. What that means, is that Midway was free to do whatever the hell they wanted. And they came up with a rather ambitious plan...

Doom 1 and 2 were by Id. There were a few officially sanctioned add-ons by third-party developers (see Final Doom) but those always used the art and mechanics of the original games, and those games told stories which branched off from those told in the main game. (Yes, I know, Doom's story is something you should never, ever pay attention to, but still...) Doom 64 is different. Midway, realising they had free reign, came up with a game that would take everything the first two games offered, and enrich it with new graphics and gameplay. Basically, they wanted to make the same leap from Doom 2 that Doom 2 made from the original Doom. This even comes back in the story: we play the same marine from part 1 and 2, and actually get a rather final resolution with you deciding to stay in Hell and prevent any future invasions.

What I'm saying is, Doom 64 is not a port. It's a sequel. If Midway had gotten away with it, they'd called it Doom 3.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I don't hate Doom 3 like some people but Doom 64 will always be The Third Doom Game to me. It's really good, except for that bummer lack of enemy variety. Hell Knights everywhere.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Sobatchja Morda posted:

I think the true story is even more bizar. Midway gets hired to make a new Doom game, but works together with Id on it. Now, by the time they were doing this, Id was already busy with Quake and Doom was pretty much dead in the water. What that means, is that Midway was free to do whatever the hell they wanted. And they came up with a rather ambitious plan...

Doom 1 and 2 were by Id. There were a few officially sanctioned add-ons by third-party developers (see Final Doom) but those always used the art and mechanics of the original games, and those games told stories which branched off from those told in the main game. (Yes, I know, Doom's story is something you should never, ever pay attention to, but still...) Doom 64 is different. Midway, realising they had free reign, came up with a game that would take everything the first two games offered, and enrich it with new graphics and gameplay. Basically, they wanted to make the same leap from Doom 2 that Doom 2 made from the original Doom. This even comes back in the story: we play the same marine from part 1 and 2, and actually get a rather final resolution with you deciding to stay in Hell and prevent any future invasions.

What I'm saying is, Doom 64 is not a port. It's a sequel. If Midway had gotten away with it, they'd called it Doom 3.

That's actually really interesting. I looked at the dates on wikipedia a while ago and was surprised to see it came out after quake. I think Doom 64 is a pretty worthy sequel to the first two Doom games. It definitely stacks up them in a way that Final Doom (although I do love the plutonia experiment) doesn't.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
You know, it always seemed kind of weird to me that Lost Souls are so tough. They're small but vicious if you don't take care of them, and they come in swarms, all attributes that imply they're going to be popcorn enemies. But no.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, one of the Doom II balance changes I make in my head all the time is giving lost souls like, 75 instead of 100hp. They're just so annoying with that much health.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Yeah, one of the Doom II balance changes I make in my head all the time is giving lost souls like, 75 instead of 100hp. They're just so annoying with that much health.

I make that with a .BEX most times I play.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sobatchja Morda posted:

They actually wanted to call it "Doom: Absolution" or something like that.

Midway did start with a port, though, with the Playstation versions of Doom (+ Doom II) and Final Doom (+ Master Levels). While doing so, they tweaked all levels, cut a lot of them, added a handful of new ones, modified the storyline a bit, and got an entire new soundtrack because of licensing issues with Bobby Prince.

After having created their own levels and replaced the sounds and music, they figured they could make something brand new next.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
When I first got my N64 way back when, I had a choice between Duke Nukem 64 and Doom 64 for my bonus game since I wanted a nice spread of genres. To this day, I wonder if I made the right choice by picking the former since it had some decent multiplayer, but the singleplayer stuff was basically just a censoring-reskin of the original and not a whole new campaign like Doom 64 had.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

toasterwarrior posted:

When I first got my N64 way back when, I had a choice between Duke Nukem 64 and Doom 64 for my bonus game since I wanted a nice spread of genres. To this day, I wonder if I made the right choice by picking the former since it had some decent multiplayer, but the singleplayer stuff was basically just a censoring-reskin of the original and not a whole new campaign like Doom 64 had.
Well, it depends on whether you had a regular multiplayer group. Doom 64 didn't have any, so Duke kind of won in that regard (though they both lost to Goldeneye popularity-wise, of course...)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Back in the days I went from a SNES (wich stopped working in like 1996-97 when I got Duke Nukem 3D for my PC) to a Xbox360 in 2008. So I missed like two or three generations of consoles (if not more) and lots of good games that only played casually with friends. I loved Golden Eye 64 but could only play like 2-3 hours, then the rest of my PS1/2 era experience comes from playing Konami's football games (ISS, Pro Evolution games etc...). I'd kill right now for Golden Eye 64 remake for my 360 like they did with Perfect Dark 64.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I'd kill right now for Golden Eye 64 remake for my 360 like they did with Perfect Dark 64.

What's worse it already exists, is reportedly 90% complete and sitting unreleased due to legal bullshit. It looked pretty good, too :smith:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Convex posted:

What's worse it already exists, is reportedly 90% complete and sitting unreleased due to legal bullshit. It looked pretty good, too :smith:

Yeah I wanted the real thing dammit, not like that other "Goldeneye 007" game that was recently released which was basically a Call of Duty style game set in the present time and using Daniel Craig as Bond.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Guys, I could use some help getting my multiplayer games to work properly with Torment and Torture.

I am running this command line to host the coop game:

gzdoom.exe -file TUTNT-v107.pk3 TUTNTTII.pk3 TNTTIISN.pk3 -host 2 -skill 4 -port 113 -netmode 1 -extratic

No matter what, when we connect to each other, we both spawn in vanilla doom2's e1m1.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I really want to get some Torment and Torture coop going.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Roman Rambo posted:

I am running this command line to host the coop game:

gzdoom.exe -file TUTNT-v107.pk3 TUTNTTII.pk3 TNTTIISN.pk3 -host 2 -skill 4 -port 113 -netmode 1 -extratic

No matter what, when we connect to each other, we both spawn in vanilla doom2's e1m1.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I really want to get some Torment and Torture coop going.

-map tnt01

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

+map tnt01

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
I knew it would be something simple, thanks.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

toasterwarrior posted:

When I first got my N64 way back when, I had a choice between Duke Nukem 64 and Doom 64 for my bonus game since I wanted a nice spread of genres. To this day, I wonder if I made the right choice by picking [Duke Nukem 64 over Doom 64]

Sorry, you didn't. :smith:

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Mak0rz posted:

Sorry, you didn't. :smith:
Nope, he made the better choice by far. Duke64 was secretly the best way to play Dukematches, and as long as you had at least 2 other friends to play it with, had way more potential for fun than Doom64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
If any of you graphically creative sorts get to feeling at loose ends, Eternal needs some things rendered and polished.