Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Oh no, now comes the dilemma: Play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode at level 50 and actually get to use all my oranges and play the main story at a predictable, balanced difficulty, OR play it with the cap raise, getting more skill points but jumping back on the gear-treadmill and making all my oranges obsolete??? Oh, and I guess, a .000000005% chance of getting a Pearlescent weapon if I get the cap raise. Agggh, it's a painful choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Here's hoping I can get a Pearlescent to drop sometime before the inevitable heat death of the universe.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Greenplastic posted:

Oh no, now comes the dilemma: Play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode at level 50 and actually get to use all my oranges and play the main story at a predictable, balanced difficulty, OR play it with the cap raise, getting more skill points but jumping back on the gear-treadmill and making all my oranges obsolete??? Oh, and I guess, a .000000005% chance of getting a Pearlescent weapon if I get the cap raise. Agggh, it's a painful choice.

I've just got my siren to 50 and am debating this too. Though I think I'll just level my commando, or do the DLC before the cap raise. I don't mind things becoming obsolete, I know just about everyone on here will dupe the crazy rear end poo poo that they get.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
This is a really really good reference video on all the Unique/Legendary items: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqVfV2thk8w

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I don't mind having to re farm gear since now I know which ones are poo poo and not poo poo.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
Is it still not worth it to farm Conference Calls because the drop rate is poo poo?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Greenplastic posted:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3891237#post3891237

My prayers have been answered! You can RESET Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode to play that poo poo again and again! Meaning I can do a run with my myriad of Oranges, then buy the DLC and get to the levelin' :D

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Marogareh posted:

The only real standout is the meteor shower which is basically a super bonus package. The other stuff can be good depending on the character build but all in all they're not that great.

The Meteor Shower is a terrifying murder machine. I am actually scared to use it in areas that aren't big and open because it will literally kill me if I get hit by a stray secondary or tertiary explosion.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
So I did the Pirate Booty DLC in less than two hours last night with my power-leveled Siren. The enemies were all around level 30 and I'm 50. I was gibbing things like crazy, which was sort of unsportsmanlike but still fun, and I was struck by a weird thought. That DLC has a LOT of walking. Maybe it was the Rustyards quests but I just can't get into it anymore.

Guess I can skip it on the second playthrough. I've already got the head I wanted.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Seneschal posted:

So I did the Pirate Booty DLC in less than two hours last night with my power-leveled Siren. The enemies were all around level 30 and I'm 50. I was gibbing things like crazy, which was sort of unsportsmanlike but still fun, and I was struck by a weird thought. That DLC has a LOT of walking. Maybe it was the Rustyards quests but I just can't get into it anymore.

Guess I can skip it on the second playthrough. I've already got the head I wanted.
I haven't had that feeling from the DLC so far, I'm not far into it but it seems like you can use the sand skiff for a good portion of the areas.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=262764

quote:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Bullet-sponge time!!!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I like the way slag works, and I'm really glad they're adjusting it for ultimate mode. Just another reason I like playing Axton the most. Everything turns purple.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Greenplastic posted:

- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
what.

My Google-Fu is weak, how much did enemy health scale up in TVHM? Because this is reading like it's going to necessitate 4 players rolling like an elemental effect slinging strike force to take down anything badder than generic bandits generic bandits.

YAAAY REBALANCING :suicide:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^^ gently caress YES!

Seneschal posted:

I also noticed this about the Pirate's DLC, though jumping in a vehicle makes it less lovely, I still feel like a hovercraft could tend to move a little faster than how they have them now.
Would have also loved to get that motorcycle with the side-car in the Torgue DLC. Can't imagine how nuts that would be with a friend literally sitting shotgun.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Already I'm terrified of doing the Control Core Angel mission after Bunker on UVHM, it was absolute hell as it was on TVHM.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Gonna have a lot of fun farming the loot midget room in the Wildlife Preserve.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The preview footage of the last DLC has been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka4lipQen6w

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Sawtooth Canyon again in UVHM :suicide:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
The prettiest siren in all of pandora :allears:

edit: Here's IGN's clearer video of the preview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6D8z4qYjz4

burntpork fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 29, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Is there a decent legendary bouncing betty grenade? apparently none of my characters have ever killed anything with one.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

Is there a decent legendary bouncing betty grenade? apparently none of my characters have ever killed anything with one.

The bonny is pretty much it. I have like 7 of them, hit me up if you want one.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

yeah, I'm down. I'm running around pt1 completing challenges, if you feel like dropping in and duping one for me. I don't really care which kind, it'll kill stuff regardless.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Crossfire is a bouncing bettie grenade too if you've got Seraph crystals to spend.

Shogun Gunshow
Mar 21, 2012
I kind of hope those leaks of UVHM are an April Fools joke on Gearbox's part. It seems almost designed to make every problem people have complained about even worse. Players hate how the enemies scale in TVHM? Make them even more ridiculous! Players want more viable builds? Force them to rely on slag!

You know, given how melee damage already scales slowly per level compared to enemy health, I have to wonder if my Bloodshed Zer0 will be able to kill anything in UVHM.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Shogun Gunshow posted:

I kind of hope those leaks of UVHM are an April Fools joke on Gearbox's part. It seems almost designed to make every problem people have complained about even worse. Players hate how the enemies scale in TVHM? Make them even more ridiculous! Players want more viable builds? Force them to rely on slag!

You know, given how melee damage already scales slowly per level compared to enemy health, I have to wonder if my Bloodshed Zer0 will be able to kill anything in UVHM.

Better spend those extra 11 points on the Kunai skill. I agree though, some bosses are already pretty unfun on TVHM so making them even harder is not too appealing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
So I'm about level 18 or so on my first playthrough, and I have yet to find an AR with anything other than total poo poo stats. Are ARs just crap in this game, or do they get better later? I mean, poo poo, a blue AR with 87 accuracy, 40 damage, and 19 clip size is the best I can do?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shogun Gunshow posted:

I want to point out that gearbox listens to the fans that post on the official forums and last time I checked, people who post there enjoy how strong the enemies are and wanted gearbox to make them harder.

And if your bloodshed zero can't kill anything then you've built him way way wrong.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Shogun Gunshow posted:

Out of curiosity, how did you expect UVHM would be different? The jump from normal to TVHM is massive, and the game is just about numbers in the end anyway. There's not much else they can do other than make them bigger.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I can't wait for UVHM Witchdoctors. That and re-farming high-level guns.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

The Crossfire is a bouncing bettie grenade too if you've got Seraph crystals to spend.

I love mine, I have a slag element. It's the only way I can keep huge bosses reliably slagged for more than 3 seconds.

Shogun Gunshow
Mar 21, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Out of curiosity, how did you expect UVHM would be different? The jump from normal to TVHM is massive, and the game is just about numbers in the end anyway. There's not much else they can do other than make them bigger.

Well, when they said they were re-balancing the whole game, I held out hope that party of that would be looking at how health scales relative to player melee damage, and make it so the latter kept pace with the former going forward.

If these leaked notes are right then that was obviously not the case.

Fibby Boy posted:

And if your bloodshed zero can't kill anything then you've built him way way wrong.

I did not say this.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shogun Gunshow posted:

Well, when they said they were re-balancing the whole game, I held out hope that party of that would be looking at how health scales relative to player melee damage, and make it so the latter kept pace with the former going forward.

If these leaked notes are right then that was obviously not the case.

I did not say this.

"I have to wonder if my bloodshed zero will be able to kill anything." Implies that you are having trouble killing things now. Sorry for the mis-communication but I really don't see how bloodshed zero will be any less crazy in UVHM.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Proof that goons have way to much time on their hands. Wendigo, Kid Kamprus, Delpheye and I killed the Warrior using only talking weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2S8N6iVhVU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

to be fair, I did use a chopper once.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

That looks really fun. I love dumb stuff like that. Should try to kill him with only cursed gear next.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
I also used the blockhead shotgun at times, though I'm pretty sure the Warrior is fire resistant so it probably did less damage than the talking shotgun.

I think the next one should be gunnerangs only. Better dodge that poo poo, yo.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

That looks really fun. I love dumb stuff like that. Should try to kill him with only cursed gear next.

I'd be up for that except I don't have any cursed gear anymore so someone would have to dupe me some.

KidKrampus posted:

Calm down there, Satan.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Proof that goons have way to much time on their hands. Wendigo, Kid Kamprus, Delpheye and I killed the Warrior using only talking weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2S8N6iVhVU

Think how hard it would be to kill any boss using only white and green equipment. It would probably take an hour.

Now that I've read that Ultimate Vault Hunter will have a story reset option, I need to start working on playthrough 2 with my Siren and just work on the challenges that get new skins and badass points. This game is making the collector in me rear its' ugly head and I'm totally obsessed.

I think I have a little glitch with my Assassin. I'm missing the special pre-order head, and I know I had it at one point. My Siren still has hers. Any ideas on how to get it back?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Seneschal posted:

Think how hard it would be to kill any boss using only white and green equipment. It would probably take an hour.

Isn't this sort of expected by the developers to be the guns you have when you fight bosses for the first time? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

KidKrampus posted:

I'm changing my vote to this since I have a gunnerang and it sounds awesome.

• Locked thread