Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Man, I wish I had swirly nipples like Cloud guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tollymain posted:

Some interesting information in the comments:

Cool to know!

Oh man! Really looking forward to this stuff. Sounds amazing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I absolutely love how much thought Zack has put into this. Paranatural deserves to go Gunnerkrigg big.

Also: Cloud guy's world looks like an ancient temple. Magnet snake's world looks like a junkyard (full of metal.) What do the other spirits' worlds look like?

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 30, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I love that Isaac is making some of the same hand gestures here that he did during his little spaz out last comic. So very consistent.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

wiegieman posted:

I absolutely love how much thought Zack has put into this. Paranatural deserves to go Gunnerkrigg big.
I bet it will, with time. It's too good not to.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
It probably will unless he suddenly decides to do this:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ettin posted:

:golfclap:

Even when pregnant, Issac is still anime.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Ettin posted:

You can tell somethings popular if it has a creepy mpreg fan-fiction - and I think this might count as one. :gonk:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It's just a reference to loss.jpg.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Pester posted:

It's just a reference to loss.jpg.

I know but the implications that Issac was pregnant is still there.
I actually did a quick search for fan-art and so far, nothing to creepy.
A cos-play and weird doodle here and there, but no mentally scarring stuff so far.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

scarycave posted:

That final loss panel can be used for any situation in which one character is in the hospital and another is just futilely standing there, unable to find any sort of way to bring comfort to their friend. It has been used in edits in which miscarriage wasn't the cause.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I REALLY like the design of that storm spirit. It has a lot of elements of images of Adad to it, with the swirls and hair and stylized armor, but also some of Raijin in its general build and face. Very nice.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

scarycave posted:

I actually did a quick search for fan-art and so far, nothing to creepy.
A cos-play and weird doodle here and there, but no mentally scarring stuff so far.

You are reading FAR too much into this. Just relax and laugh at the funny edit.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You are reading FAR too much into this. Just relax and laugh at the funny edit.

I was trying to play off of this quote:

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

:golfclap:

Even when pregnant, Issac is still anime.
but I failed spectacularly.

I found the edit hilarious.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The storm spirit's word bubbles are clouds with lightning bolts. :3:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

wiegieman posted:

Magnet snake's world looks like a junkyard (full of metal.) What do the other spirits' worlds look like?
Since I wasn't reading this thread back when Doorman's translated speech was posted I will use this tenuous segue to post my theory!
The broken god is literally broken. As in, broken into pieces. Max's bat only has one piece of the god. The sense of humour is in another piece, somewhere else.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Splicer posted:

Since I wasn't reading this thread back when Doorman's translated speech was posted I will use this tenuous segue to post my theory!
The broken god is literally broken. As in, broken into pieces. Max's bat only has one piece of the god. The sense of humour is in another piece, somewhere else.
That's what I gathered too. Still seems weird that they'd put a tool containing a fragment of a presumably hostile god-level spirit in regular storage. That sounds like the kind of thing you'd keep under lock and key. Spender seems to have an inkling that Max's spirit is bad news, what with the slapping it away before talking with Max. Or, he could just be treating it as a regular hostile spirit, and is unaware of how really bad news it is.

Speaking of Spender, is there any hint that he knows about the implied factions in the spirit world? So far it seems like the team doesn't seem to care about the politics of the spirit world, and just deals with spirits that cause a ruckus.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I don't think Spender would know much of anything, but I'll bet that the people he was on the phone with do. Spender strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't know much of value, and he hides it by bullshitting his way through those long winded speeches that Isaac was complaining about. I mean, he was pretty straight forward about max's spirit being able to eat him, which is due to the fact that he knows it can happen.

We'll have to see him actually give a long boring speech and see how much of it is fluff and bullshit.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

neogeo0823 posted:

Spender strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't know much of value, and he hides it by bullshitting his way through those long winded speeches that Isaac was complaining about.
I wanna give Spender the benefit of the doubt, but he really does give off that vibe of a small-town cop who's about to get in way over his head, doesn't he?

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Tupperwarez posted:

That's what I gathered too. Still seems weird that they'd put a tool containing a fragment of a presumably hostile god-level spirit in regular storage. That sounds like the kind of thing you'd keep under lock and key. Spender seems to have an inkling that Max's spirit is bad news, what with the slapping it away before talking with Max. Or, he could just be treating it as a regular hostile spirit, and is unaware of how really bad news it is.

Speaking of Spender, is there any hint that he knows about the implied factions in the spirit world? So far it seems like the team doesn't seem to care about the politics of the spirit world, and just deals with spirits that cause a ruckus.

If they're actually trying to control the levels of ambient magical bullshit in their haunted town leaving a magic demon-possessed artifact of unknown properties jumbled in with the athletic equipment in a highschool sports closet seems like a pretty big oversight whether it's a big demon or a little one. They just didn't realize it was there until Max bumped into it under just the right circumstances and set it off. Seems like it's been made pretty plain that the Activity Club's a bunch of goofs who don't know what they're doing and have less control over their surroundings than Johnny.

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 1, 2013

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Took me a bit to realize isaac's face was a reaction to getting flashed ancient storm god penis

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh definitely. That's some emotive crotchwing flaps, besides again Zack showing nice attention to detail.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I would love to see the lightning god's entire standup routine.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm pretty sure the blurry hand gestures from Isaac's Jacobs Ladder freakout line up with his hand gestures over the past two comics as well.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

There is never going to be a more appropriate time for this smiley. :silent:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Crosscontaminant posted:

There is never going to be a more appropriate time for this smiley. :silent:
Don't worry I won't tell anyone :ssh:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Well now that is not a very responsible reaction at all, Mr. Slander. :colbert:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
How is it possible for all of these characters to be just so goddamn amazing? :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like that Isaac is obsessed with good and justice (as are the spirits in his life, in one way or another). When we were introducted to him he seemed like a selfish jerk, but it makes more sense now why he actually hangs around with the club despite hating them; They're an opportunity for him to smite some evil.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

I like that Isaac is obsessed with good and justice (as are the spirits in his life, in one way or another). When we were introducted to him he seemed like a selfish jerk, but it makes more sense now why he actually hangs around with the club despite hating them; They're an opportunity for him to smite some evil.

I've said it before but I'm so glad Isaac has turned out the way he has. He's basically the best possible 'partner' character for Max. He's got a similar sense of humor, but he's already invested in this and has a great moral compass deal compared to the most apathetic Max.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I've said it before but I'm so glad Isaac has turned out the way he has. He's basically the best possible 'partner' character for Max. He's got a similar sense of humor, but he's already invested in this and has a great moral compass deal compared to the most apathetic Max.
:aaa: Oh my god how did I not realize this sooner?

He's possessed by a storm spirit with a hair-trigger temper.
He has a bat containing the shard of an ancient dark god.
Together, they fight crime.

Best buddy cops. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tupperwarez posted:

:aaa: Oh my god how did I not realize this sooner?

He's possessed by a storm spirit with a hair-trigger temper.
He has a bat containing the shard of an ancient dark god.
Together, they fight crime.

Best buddy cops. :allears:

:c00l: :"ISSAC TURN IN YOUR BADGE, YOU'RE TOO CRAZY OUT THERE!"
:downs: :"Wow Issac, never thought you'd get Suspendered"
:kratos: :"MAAAAX"

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
New Page!

...and Ed's face is really creeping me out. :stare:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Try to paint a face on yourself when you don't have eyes to see what you're doing!

Now Isabel in the last panel, that's something alright.

I mean, I don't know thing it is; but it most certainly is that thing.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
From anyone else I'd be sure that loose change line was sarcasm, but with Issac I'm not so sure.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bottom-left panel: Thee is PAPER in his EYE :gonk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why does she have a paper morning star in that last panel? :lol:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She carried it in with her last comic. I believe it went with them fighting something while out on morning patrol.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wouldn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So is this comic secretly a metaphor for puberty or what