Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
And it's a power suit.

EDIT: poo poo, new page. Umm, let's see what I have laying around.

This guy sacrificed himself to save his teammates.

Sullivan's Sluggers

Uthor fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey it's that comic by that rear end in a top hat.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Written by "that rear end in a top hat". Art is by Stokoe though, don't let "that rear end in a top hat" drag him down.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Maybe...

2000AD 1825

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uthor posted:

BSS's favorite reporter is back.

I don't see Sally Floyd in there anywhere. Is she hidden in the art, maybe?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Reed Richards took the family on a year long vacation that was supposed to only last a few seconds from everybody else's perspective, but to be on the safe side he asked everybody on the team to pick a replacement to cover for them in their absence. Everybody made their pick except for Johnny who completely and totally forgot all about it till the last second and just asked his current girlfriend to "fill in for me for a second okay cool thanks seeyaloveyababe!" before taking off. :)

Thing also has Thing suits from a time when he turned human. So she put one on.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This isn't really a page designed for huge laughs, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it. I always like background cameos in comic books, so I thought people might enjoy Lady Sif getting in a snowball fight with the kids from South Park in Journey Into Mystery #650.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madrox posted:

Written by "that rear end in a top hat". Art is by Stokoe though, don't let "that rear end in a top hat" drag him down.

I think everyone knew what I meant.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Uthor posted:

BSS's favorite reporter is back.

FF #5

Is that Johnny Storm? What happened to his eye? What the hell is going on?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

The Midniter posted:

Go read FF right now.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
^^^ good advice

The Midniter posted:

He's from the future, and he's crazy.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
but why was he trying to go to sleep in a building that has an atari under glass and ostensibly wasn't for sleeping!?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Because

Avulsion posted:

He's from the future, and he's crazy.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Madrox posted:

Could I get a laundry list of things "that rear end in a top hat" has done that makes him "that rear end in a top hat" ? I just read http://4thletter.net/2013/01/on-mark-andrew-smiths-sullivans-sluggers-kickstarter/ and the page it links. Is there anything else?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
He's also been wafting on getting books to international sellers because the shipping costs ballooned, going out and selling more printings of the book to try and raise cash to get them out. At one point he had a $1 Kickstarter going to get more books sold (that got closed real fast) and does have an indiegogo set up.

vvvvv oh, yeah, forgot about that. Stokoe said he was work-for-hire and has gotten everything he's owed and doesn't wish to be associated with the book after all the drama and the writer was calling him unprofessional.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 30, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He also called Stokoe an unprofessional scam artist who ruined his life and marriage. He took that post down from his blog, but it was something to behold. This was triggered by Stokoe very politely saying he doesn't make any money from sales of Sullivan's Sluggers and wishes his name wasn't on it.

eladank
Feb 22, 2013
I was reading some golden age Mary Marvel and I came about what I think is the stupidest criminal ever.
from Mary Marvel 5

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Uthor posted:

He's also been wafting on getting books to international sellers because the shipping costs ballooned, going out and selling more printings of the book to try and raise cash to get them out. At one point he had a $1 Kickstarter going to get more books sold (that got closed real fast) and does have an indiegogo set up.

vvvvv oh, yeah, forgot about that. Stokoe said he was work-for-hire and has gotten everything he's owed and doesn't wish to be associated with the book after all the drama and the writer was calling him unprofessional.

That whole experience really turned me off of kickstarter, at least for comics, still haven't gotten my copy.

zelgaddiss
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

This isn't really a page designed for huge laughs, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it. I always like background cameos in comic books, so I thought people might enjoy Lady Sif getting in a snowball fight with the kids from South Park in Journey Into Mystery #650.

I like how the South Park boys are on the left there.

Edit: Well poo poo. maybe I should read the drat post first.

Goddammit.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sweatshirt advertisement

Doom was at his finest in these old advertisements.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

SilverSupernova posted:

Sweatshirt advertisement

I would wear this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He's pulling a wooden duck on the back of the sweatshirt, just in case you needed more incentive.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SilverSupernova posted:

Sweatshirt advertisement

Check size:
  • Monstrous youth
  • Gargantuan adult

:allears:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If anyone is curious (I know you are!), the back says "There goes the Hulk!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

Sweatshirt advertisement

I can't get over the initial dialogue. Made me laugh the first time I saw it one of my 50 cent bin finds, still funny now.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

I really wish I owned this shirt

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
http://www.stylinonline.com/long-sleeve-shirt-hulk-here-comes.html

Seems out of stock at the moment and only comes in 2 sizes that probably won't fit most goons. (Including me)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Shawn posted:

http://www.stylinonline.com/long-sleeve-shirt-hulk-here-comes.html

Seems out of stock at the moment and only comes in 2 sizes that probably won't fit most goons. (Including me)

I am really upset that the sizes aren't listed as "Monstrous" and "Gargantuan" on that site.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
"I TOO CAN BE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!"

New best catchphrase.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Choco1980 posted:

"I TOO CAN BE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!"

New best catchphrase.

I'm more in love with Hulk saying, "I am not so inclined!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm more just pissed that there's no way to get Doom with his sweatshirt and speech bubble small enough for an avatar. Something would have to be cropped and that'd be unacceptable.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

TwoPair posted:

I'm more just pissed that there's no way to get Doom with his sweatshirt and speech bubble small enough for an avatar. Something would have to be cropped and that'd be unacceptable.

Hulkshirt Doom as avatar, speech bubble contents as custom text. A perfectly acceptable alternative.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sizone posted:

Hulkshirt Doom as avatar, speech bubble contents as custom text. A perfectly acceptable alternative.

A socially acceptable alternative.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know what? Screw any new Fantastic Four movies that come out. I'd much rather see a FF sitcom with Doom as their wacky neighbor.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Figures that the New Yorkers working at Marvel would consider Detroit full of lesser beings:

Iron Man #112

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lobok posted:

Figures that the New Yorkers working at Marvel would consider Detroit full of lesser beings:

Iron Man #112
Answer: Who cares? It's loving Detroit.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

CapnAndy posted:

Answer: Who cares? It's loving Detroit.

Maybe Detroit is how Earth should convince Galactus that he should never eat our planet.

"Look, Galactus, I understand Earth, in general, looks appealing. However, I suggest you take a look at this particular part of it. Do you really want to consume that?"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

Iron Man #112

Iron Man versus the Punisher: not as easy a fight for Shellhead as you might have thought.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Alacron posted:

You know what? Screw any new Fantastic Four movies that come out. I'd much rather see a FF sitcom with Doom as their wacky neighbor.

Bill Jemas sock puppet account detected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The entirety of Wolverine and the X-Men #17 could go in this thread, but I think this adequately sums up what Doop's job duties at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning entails.

That bowling ball's former owner was a member of the League of Nazi Bowlers.

• Locked thread