Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heyfresh888
Feb 8, 2010

elite_garbage_man posted:

Best of luck. You're trying for the unit in Cali correct?

Yeah, the 19th group that is in this state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

heyfresh888 posted:

So far the National Guard has proved to be a nightmare to get squared away with a physical and any sort of paperwork that isn't done by yourself.

To be fair, this has been the case with every NG unit I've worked with. Are you with a medical unit, or attached to something else?

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

heyfresh888 posted:

See you in May

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK

heyfresh888 posted:

t I'm crossing one bridge at a time so SFRE is my current goal.

Can't imagine it's much different to A&S if you want any help give me a message dude.

heyfresh888
Feb 8, 2010
I've attended a pre-selection course while I was stationed at Bragg on my first active duty enlistment but my selection date was canceled due to deployment. I feel pretty confident about the SFRE, plus I have some other things going for me.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

heyfresh888 posted:

Yeah, see you in May

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I got hemorrhoids and it hurts to squat. It feels like my rear end in a top hat is going to burst out and spill onto the floor when I do rear end to grass.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Gross. How'd you manage to get them? Squatting?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Gross. How'd you manage to get them? Squatting?

No, I changed my diet and not taking in enough fiber I guess so it came back when I took a massive poo poo. I go light when I do squats. Naturally have thunder thighs, can't be getting them any bigger or I'll never be able to fit into jeans again.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Kaliber posted:

No, I changed my diet and not taking in enough fiber I guess so it came back when I took a massive poo poo. I go light when I do squats. Naturally have thunder thighs, can't be getting them any bigger or I'll never be able to fit into jeans again.

Yeah, I have this problem, it fuckin' sucks.

e: thighs, not rear end in a top hat

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
thunder thigh crew whaddup

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Doesn't it suck? They don't make anything for us. Underarmour boxer briefs are so amazing, but not designed for our massive thighs, so it just ends up riding up after a few hours.

Same thing with boxer briefs, the elastic just gets all loose within a few hours and then those things ride up too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Buying jeans is almost impossible. Straight cut denim is mmmaaayyybbbeee a hipster slim fit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Relaxed fit levis you unamerican pricks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lucky jeans work for me.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Holocaust bloopers and I are denim snobs.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I didn't wear my compression underwears on Saturday when I went for an 8 mile run and I chafed real bad. Thunder thighs :(

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Lucky jeans work for me.

BKE athletic fit are also really nice and they last forever.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Nice! posted:

Lucky jeans work for me.

LUCKY YOU never gets old.

Also something something selvedge something distressed something weight.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

It's 2am and I can't sleep. Shouldn't have taken 2 scoops of C4 to get my pump on at 10pm. FML.

Going back on mission in a bit. It'll be jailhouse kind of gym again. What are some good back exercises to substitute lat pull downs with? Besides pull ups?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Well, they're putting in a packet so I can go to RRRANGER school. We have a shitload (I'm talking only 1 tabbed PL right now) of non-tabbed Infantry officers. Us Armor officers are low priority, but my commander told us to try anyway. Anyone have any ruck training tips? I found a pretty good workout on RTB, but it goes straight into 10 milers.

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out

Ashmole posted:

Well, they're putting in a packet so I can go to RRRANGER school. We have a shitload (I'm talking only 1 tabbed PL right now) of non-tabbed Infantry officers. Us Armor officers are low priority, but my commander told us to try anyway. Anyone have any ruck training tips? I found a pretty good workout on RTB, but it goes straight into 10 milers.

Complete the first week over and over again, starting at 6 miles and upping the mileage 2 miles every other week until you get to 10 then follow the plan. Or go to military athlete and look for the Ranger School plan.

Rucking is easy man, short fast steps, lean forward, don't land with your heel (much like running).

It seems like there has been a ton of LTs not getting their tabs. Or maybe it's just the guys we get at Fort Bliss.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Went to a gym I don't normally go to. Saw a guy using a shake weight. I don't think I will go to this gym anymore.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

CROSSfIT!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg

So I learned to keep my opinions about CrossFit to myself when doing it with officers who are all about it on UNIT CROSSFIT WEDNESDAY

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh it's that rear end in a top hat who's a real prick to everyone in that gym. I don't get how the owners just tell that dude to take a loving hike.

Manmower
Feb 22, 2013

Kaliber posted:

CROSSfIT!!!!

So I learned to keep my opinions about CrossFit to myself when doing it with officers who are all about it on UNIT CROSSFIT WEDNESDAY

I had a college professor telling me about the program a few years back and I first thought it was a beginner's weight lifting and cardio class. It seems pretty cultish to me and that video is hilarious. Guy seems quite entitled to all the equipment in the gym.

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

Went to a gym I don't normally go to. Saw a guy using a shake weight. I don't think I will go to this gym anymore.

One shake weight? You're supposed to do double shake weight squats and do the grunt moan each rep. I haven't seen anything weird like that at my local YMCA. The worst I see are creepy old men oogling younger guys. Nothing like looking up from your treadmill to see some dude giving you the Eagle Stare from across the room. Now just imagine if those folks did this while using a shake weight.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Kaliber posted:

CROSSfIT!!!!

wanna punch dat dude

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
If you're the dude doing crossfit workouts in a regular gym then I automatically hate you.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

overdesigned posted:

If you're the dude doing crossfit workouts in a regular gym then I automatically hate you.

Bonus points if you're taking up a squat rack and platform to do it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I don't care what they're doing, I just hate the guys who yell like idiots.
OOOOOT! OOOOOT! OOOOOT!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I'm going to wear one of these: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/radiate/radiate-athletics-the-future-of-sports-apparel

and do shake weight squats in one of the pink shirts. That's how a real man does it. :smugbert:

Serious post: those shirts are awesome, and I don't care what anyone says.

Manmower
Feb 22, 2013
Other people would tell how hard you were working, but you wouldn't. Or is the point of this shirt to spend a lot of time in the mirror? Should come with a little compact mirror for our manpurse. But in all seriousness it looks kind of cool, but I've never been a fan of those form fitting shirts when I exercise. Need some airflow.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
They need to make pants so people can see the fire growing in my loins as soon as I walk through the front door of the gym.

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Spandex hypercolor will be like a bumper sticker in shirt form, if I see you own one I'll just assume you're a conceited rear end in a top hat.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

elite_garbage_man posted:

They need to make pants so people can see the fire growing in my loins as soon as I walk through the front door of the gym.

You/re welcome
http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=NAKE-MJ89&c=Naked+%26+Famous+Denim&d=d

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013
"Yep, done doing this exercise. Better take whatever I'm working out with and just throw it on the floor from shoulder height. You know, so people think I'm strong." --what seems to go through the mind of every person I see working out in the Cross-Fit room.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
As much as I generally hate cross-fit faggots, I have this PL. The dude's like 5'7" and 175 pounds. He squats in the 300s, deadlifts in the 400s, and I don't know what he benches. He runs the 2-mile between 10:00 and 10:30 depending on the day. He's a total crossfit human being, but he's not actually gay about it. He properly trained his dudes up in how to do the exercises, making sure they weren't just doing poo poo "for reps" and keeping form and lifting lower weight than the biggest dude in the platoon if necessary. He also eats the stupidest gluten-free diet.

But it all loving works for him, so I dunno. My thought is that he works out at such a high level that it doesn't matter what kind of workout he does, and it probably doesn't matter what he eats either. I'm sure all the gluten-free no-milk horseshit is psychological, but whatever works I guess.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Monkeys, typewriters, Shakespeare, etc.

Edit: Why the gently caress can I not find a goddamned pair of Romaleos 2s anywhere? TAKE MY MONEY, NIKE!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The gluten free crowd are aggravating as poo poo. I'm pretty happy eating decently about 80% then doing poo poo like buffalo wings and whole wheat pizza regularly too. Probably why I view bodybuilders as insane with their strict rear end diets. I could never eat that cleanly or I'd lose my sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My motto is that life's all about living, bros. You can still chow down on a burger and fries or some cheesecake once in a while and still be in good shape.

Martello posted:

I'm sure all the gluten-free no-milk horseshit is psychological, but whatever works I guess.

Everyone I know that's switched to a gluten-free diet has lost quite a bit of weight. However, they all have some varying degree of gluten allergy so it's not really voluntary.