Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Go loving watch Pan's Labyrinth and don't come back till you do.

Then watch the trailers/advertisement for it and see how the dodge around the whole "this film is in spanish!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Go watch every Del Toro movie.

Especially Puss in Boots.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Go watch every Del Toro movie.

But feel free to skip all the bad ones.

So just watch Pan's Labyrinth and you're good to go.

e: Wait, Devil's Backbone was good too.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Are we ever gonna get Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness?

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

muike posted:

Your wish is my command.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs41/i/2009/013/4/3/At_the_Mountains_of_Madness_by_Gato_Chico.jpg

Notice: Soon...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muike posted:

No. He's abandoned the project because of budget problems with the studio.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
^^ He recently stated that he's going to try again with Warner Brothers depending on the success of Pacific Rim. So if big Kaiju vs Robots does well, we may get some big budget Lovecraft.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

But feel free to skip all the bad ones.

So just watch Pan's Labyrinth and you're good to go.

e: Wait, Devil's Backbone was good too.

The only bad Del Toro film is Mimic. Don't watch Mimic.

The best Del Toro film is Cronos. Watch Cronos. Bath in it's golden hue and thrill to it's excellent take on vampires.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

^^ He recently stated that he's going to try again with Warner Brothers depending on the success of Pacific Rim. So if big Kaiju vs Robots does well, we may get some big budget Lovecraft.

The only bad Del Toro film is Mimic. Don't watch Mimic.

The best Del Toro film is Cronos. Watch Cronos. Bath in it's golden hue and thrill to it's excellent take on vampires.

Cronos looked like a good Tales From The Crypt episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'd withhold any hope until the movie is actually filming since its had such a rocky time getting made. Regardless though this:

is fake as hell.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
An all-star cast of floating building-heads.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Heeeeeeere's Julius!

Rebel without I Claudius

What's keeping that bird propped up there?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven't seen this movie but I'd like to see it remade with the same cast.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
You forgot one:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

You know I thought this was Johnny Be Good under a different name, but huh? I thought I would have run into this film at least once when I was a kid.

Oh wow, 1994? That's Samuel L. Jackson on the cusp of his career breaking out, too.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Darthemed posted:

An all-star cast of floating building-heads.

I thought I had seen all the supernatural killer car movies but I somehow missed one???

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

I saw this when I was home sick from school as a kid. The most I can remember was that they said "Ceasar" a lot.

And because I love this movie to bits and saw it again earlier this week, here's Clue!

There's an alternate without the tags (quite bit less cluttered).

And because this is the Movie Posters thread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would have liked this better if they had used the actual logo for the name instead of Helvetica bullshit.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

I would have liked this better if they had used the actual logo for the name instead of Helvetica bullshit.

I'm just sick of seeing deviantart posted here in place of actual movie posters.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I hate this one. It's a movie, not a board game. There are people in it, not plastic pieces.

This I quite like but I have absolutely no idea why it's in portrait orientation other than it's maker thinks that whitespace make everything totally arty. Works fine in landscape:

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
My favorite landscape poster:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like how misdirecting the poster is:

"Whaitaminute, this isn't a movie about sexy lady vampires. Its about an old man licking blood from the floor of public bathrooms!"

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Noxville posted:

This I quite like but I have absolutely no idea why it's in portrait orientation other than it's maker thinks that whitespace make everything totally arty. Works fine in landscape:

Good call, that does look better.

I used to have this horizontal poster on my wall when I was a teenager:

Though this one is a bit more impressive:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sheldrake posted:

I used to have this horizontal poster on my wall when I was a teenager:

Tom Cruise = Matthew Perry

edit: VVV :golfclap:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 1, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
"Could this mission BE any more impossible?!"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

This tagline is extremely confusing.

"You can't make a milkshake if your mailbox is full of cotton balls!"

What the gently caress are they talking about?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

:laffo: God why did I ever watch Friends.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I could maybe put this in the funny panels thread in BSS since I came upon it in old comics, but it really fits here. Note that Dino De Laurentiis was also the guy behind the terrible Kong remake in the 80s.

This guy just makes the whole thing:

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I prefer "This mission... it just got a helluva lot more impossible."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kQf_te2EA

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lobok posted:

I could maybe put this in the funny panels thread in BSS since I came upon it in old comics, but it really fits here. Note that Dino De Laurentiis was also the guy behind the terrible Kong remake in the 80s.

I prefer "This mission... it just got a helluva lot more impossible."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kQf_te2EA

I love that the tagline mentions the Orca "destroys sharks". It's like a child having a play ground argument came up with the whole concept and some kid said "This is just a crappy version of Jaws" and his response was "Nuh-uh! Orca could totally kill Jaws!".

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

Captain Ahab there. Also Dino DeL gave us the 1982 Conan, so he rules.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CPL593H posted:

This tagline is extremely confusing.

"You can't make a milkshake if your mailbox is full of cotton balls!"

What the gently caress are they talking about?

I think it's supposed to be that these guys are too busy getting in trouble at school to properly get their rocking and/or rolling started, and the 'rubber erasers' might be a reference to either specifically detention, or school in general. But it's hard to be sure.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Cleretic posted:

I think it's supposed to be that these guys are too busy getting in trouble at school to properly get their rocking and/or rolling started, and the 'rubber erasers' might be a reference to either specifically detention, or school in general. But it's hard to be sure.

It's such a weird loving tagline. Just change 'rubber erasers' to 'homework' and it makes way more sense.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cleretic posted:

DrVenkman posted:

It's such a weird loving tagline. Just change 'rubber erasers' to 'homework' and it makes way more sense.

It's not homework though, the guy works in a rubber eraser factory.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

effectual posted:

Captain Ahab there. Also Dino DeL gave us the 1982 Conan, so he rules.

Also, Evil Dead 2.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

effectual posted:

Captain Ahab there.

That's weird, because from what I remember, having seen this movie when I was like 6, it's a revenge flick for the orca. Like his mate and unborn orca baby get poached or whatever. And he's out for puny land-dwellers' blood.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CPL593H posted:

^^^^^I can't speak for the rest, but Parents is actually a really good movie and not at all in the class of cheese those posters suggest.

Rabid Grannies is 10x better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beyond sane knolls posted:

That's weird, because from what I remember, having seen this movie when I was like 6, it's a revenge flick for the orca. Like his mate and unborn orca baby get poached or whatever. And he's out for puny land-dwellers' blood.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Orca actually wins and kills the guy at the end.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Found a folder of '6000 Exploitation Movie Posters' I grabbed off an old torrent tracker ages back, will drop favourites ITT as I dig them out :)

It's all in the outfit here.

Lost for words.

Wouldn't get away with this ona poster these days :eyepop:

This is just immense and amazing, luckily it's in the folder as a huge 5000px version so I'm going to get a print ran off :)

(click for large)

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Was clicking around IMDB for that Hail Ceaser! Movie and realized that Anthony Michael Hall was in the Dark Night Rises.

Man, he really looks different now.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The following movie has the best tagline ever.

...yeah...

...yeah, NO poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, I can already tell the target audience of this movie from the poster, and they might need to spelled out.