Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

Shouting Melon posted:

Don't forget the SV650 at the far left.

I don't think an SV650 can be used as an example of anything different or unique ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Some dude on the Connie forum bought a complete spare set of bodywork and painted it Kawi green.

Actually turned out pretty good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Ya I actually think I like that better than the black.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I'm really really really starting to like the look of this new Caponord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkgw6fwhsPo

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The corporate face does nothing for me but it makes me hopeful for a sportier full-faired model. The electronics package is interesting, particularly the auto-adjusting rear preload and the iPhone (hopefully an android, too) ECU access.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

slidebite posted:

Some dude on the Connie forum bought a complete spare set of bodywork and painted it Kawi green.

That should be a factory option

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There should be no other option. For any kawi.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

So should the Ohlins

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Snowdens Secret posted:

The corporate face does nothing for me but it makes me hopeful for a sportier full-faired model. The electronics package is interesting, particularly the auto-adjusting rear preload and the iPhone (hopefully an android, too) ECU access.

Yeah if they do bring out a Shiver GT (although interestingly the 750 GT seems to have been dropped from their lineup) with that engine and electronics package then I'd sell major body parts for it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm typically not a big fan of Kawi green, but I must admit it looks better than I thought it would. Considering the yearly color choices are generally a black or silver with some other dark color, it would be nice for a change.

Another photo from before he put on all the snakeskin

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sadly all riding gear was removed prior to this.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Slavvy posted:

Sadly all riding gear was removed prior to this.

ATGATT. Seconds before me face planting, that wasn't caught on camera unfortuantely.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

loving Krauts.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I saw some pretty cool things at the end of my ride today. Any picture where the Ferrari is the least interesting thing in the photo is a badass photo.

MV Augusta Tamburini. I was just excited to see an MV, I didn't realize it was a fairly rare special edition. The fairings were off for maintenance.

Those machines make ours seem pretty pedestrian

I didn't see it, but apparently the guy has another garage full of modern ducatis and triumphs as well as older, rarer track bikes. I don't know the guy very well, but I was impressed that he took the time to check out the suspension on my buddy's tired RC51 while he had other company waiting on him.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Was that a guy who was riding with you or what?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Is that a KTM X-Bow and a wallhanging crossbow in the same picture?

E: on second look it's an Ariel Atom which spoils the joke

E2 Now if he had had the X-bow, the crossbow, and a Harley Crossbones

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 31, 2013

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?

Wootcannon posted:

I don't think an SV650 can be used as an example of anything different or unique ever.

Well, yes. But in that lineup, it's a beautiful and unique not-inline-engine snowflake.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
So I learned a thing today that's probably common knowledge to most of you, but I'm sharing anyway.

This here Yamaha logo:

Is 3 tuning forks. Namely because Yamaha started out making musical instruments, and in fact still makes some of the best pianos money can buy. They have a full history of the tuning fork brand on their website.

http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/brand/tuning_fork_mark/

If you didn't already know it, congrats you'll never unsee it.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009

Shouting Melon posted:

Well, yes. But in that lineup, it's a beautiful and unique not-inline-engine snowflake.

There's actually a really well kitted sv-1000 lurking in there as well. The group has diversified a quite a bit since then though. But it is a group of college kids, so most everyone leans toward supersports.

hayden. posted:

Was that a guy who was riding with you or what?

My buddy with the speed triple was just stopping by on the way home to borrow the giant socket (44mm or something) you need to remove the wheel. I tagged along so that I could check out his badass stuff.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Halo_4am posted:

So I learned a thing today that's probably common knowledge to most of you, but I'm sharing anyway.

This here Yamaha logo:

Is 3 tuning forks. Namely because Yamaha started out making musical instruments, and in fact still makes some of the best pianos money can buy. They have a full history of the tuning fork brand on their website.

My main riding buddy pointed this out to me about a month ago. Even though I've owned a yamaha and am a musician I didn't know it either.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
My first clarinet at the tender age of nine was a Yamaha, and IIRC they actually explained what the logo was in the manual for that thing.

EDIT: Turbo MT-01. All that work for 160 hp (yes, 230 Nm is a shitload but anyways).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTnKPIep_yQ

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 31, 2013

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Ahh hell yea I love poppin wheelies at the playground.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

FINALLY an excuse to post this again.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Halo_4am posted:

This here Yamaha logo:

And this here logo:

Isn't a propeller, it's just a round thing with the Bavarian state colors.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/bmw-roundel-not-born-from-planes/

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!

slidebite posted:

god drat that is nice

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
Here is a video about riding a Honda Zoomer like a dickhead in traffic

https://vimeo.com/58819442

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

I was greeted with this when I finished work today.

:what:

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
No, see, he's driving a Bentley, so it's ok.

Those are the times I wish I had a total pile of a bike so I could park reeeeeaaally close to their driver side door.

edit: But I'm usually just passive aggressive and leave a note like "Wow, they sure are making motorcycles larger these days, and with 4 wheels!"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Steve Jobs has been reincarnated in Europe

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

AncientTV posted:

No, see, he's driving a Bentley, so it's ok.

Those are the times I wish I had a total pile of a bike so I could park reeeeeaaally close to their driver side door.

I actually do that with my car. Some douche double parks in a full garage? You bet your rear end I'm pulling my banged up Corolla right up next to him. See if I care about some dents in my door.

I wish the XV250 had these bars rather than the elephant ears when I got mine.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Sock Weasel posted:

I was greeted with this when I finished work today.

:what:

I hope you were careful and didn't accidentally scratch it with a boot/footpeg/handlebar trying to back it out.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

obso posted:

I hope you were careful and didn't accidentally scratch it with a boot/footpeg/handlebar trying to back it out.

I did that once. Someone had the loving cheek to literally drape the petrol pump over my bike, because they were in a hurry. Before I'd even paid for mine, too.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 2, 2013

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Wootcannon posted:

I did that once. Someone had the loving cheek to literally drape the petrol pump over my bike, because they were in a hurry. Before I'd even paid for mine, too.

I can imagine them not realizing that the exhaust is hot, and they end up blowing the station sky high.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Is that a motorcycle spot with a Bentley in it? Based on the line size (and being in Los Angeles where motorcycle parking isn't a thing by any means) I'd assume he did alright, and actually stayed inside his lines, albeit parking directly next to a motorcycle spot, as opposed to the spot not adjacent to the tiny one.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
He's in a bike spot that's oversized so he better get it between the lines...

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Judging by the sign positioning, I assumed it was like 1.5 spaces subdivided for bikes.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

SaNChEzZ posted:

Is that a motorcycle spot with a Bentley in it? Based on the line size (and being in Los Angeles where motorcycle parking isn't a thing by any means) I'd assume he did alright, and actually stayed inside his lines, albeit parking directly next to a motorcycle spot, as opposed to the spot not adjacent to the tiny one.

It's in Britain, they're about a space and a half. You can also see he's parked right over the "M/C only" marking. It also means he's frightfully nouveau riche, parking such a gaudy car in such an impertinent manner, and that just won't do.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Bought a thing today. Expect a thread soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DefaultPeanut posted:

Bought a thing today. Expect a thread soon.

Dear god the 80's-ness is making me ache deep inside :fap: