Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahah this show is too funny.

Claudette: What was that all about? Dutch: He just asked me to be the company yes man jellyfish! I told him to shove it :smugbert: Sometimes you just have to take the moral highground. Someday you'll understand Sigh, the s4 finale at the end, when the gang is back together and they're all having a great time remembering their friends in the bar. So bittersweet if you've seen the series before

Hahahah. Ronnie gets smashed in the back of the head with a cross and exclaims "Who hit me?!" Vic: Jesus Christ?

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Conquistador posted:

Hahah this show is too funny.

Claudette: What was that all about? Dutch: He just asked me to be the company yes man jellyfish! I told him to shove it :smugbert: Sometimes you just have to take the moral highground. Someday you'll understand Sigh, the s4 finale at the end, when the gang is back together and they're all having a great time remembering their friends in the bar. So bittersweet if you've seen the series before

Hahahah. Ronnie gets smashed in the back of the head with a cross and exclaims "Who hit me?!" Vic: Jesus Christ?

That episode ends absolutely amazingly, too, just you wait.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
S5 premier was one of the funniest episodes of television I've ever seen in a non-comedy.

The dude trying to escape the strike team on the mini motorcycle only to get smashed by a car, then getting smashed by the truck mackey commandeers. His mom: Why are you arresting him? Vic: He ran a stopsign :smug: And then whats his face new commander gets puked on, truly an awesomely funny episode

E: This is actually my third or so run through of the show, but the first time was when it was first airing, and then me and fellow goon Fetus Tree netflixed through it in 2010. Waiting for the DVDs sucked balls.

Hahah. Anger shoes?

E2 Oh poo poo, Claudette is sick isn't she. I forgot about that. Also, really cool interactions with Dani and Julian about his trainee. Actually, just really cool interactions between all three of them. I'd certainly like to give Julians trainee some baton training :smug:

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 30, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Welp that lady totally Rammed her head through a window and bit a guy before having a seizure. Probably one of the better WTF moments ive seen

Edoot: That gorgeous cop is not very good at her job :(

Edeet: That was really tense with the strike team and the russians and delivery guys with the 10k in the envelope. Then they bust out the fact that the guy was a cop and in on it and Kavanaugh looks like an utter douche. So well done.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 30, 2013

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Billings is amazing. I loved when after Dutch egged him on, he tore Dutch down, so later Dutch asks if he wants him to reciprocate, and Billings says, "Hell no. I don't need that kind of head trip." And later we find out what Billings said actually did get into Dutch's head.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Welp I've just finished watching the first season of The Shield and :stare: what a finale. Gilroy was a huge scumbag; but with a show full of scumbags the writers did such a good job at turning the narrative on its head which I thought would be impossible after the first episode. Glad to see Aceveda choose Vic over Gilroy and seemingly gets what he wants in exposing police corruption. Gilroy's ominous words that Vic will become just as scummy as him may hold true and to be honest, I sort of wish he does so I can go back to rooting for his downfall.

Dutch's "Oh you've got to be shitin me!" still cracks me up.

Sup fellow Shield newbie. Yeah, he really sold that line. So good. This show can be really funny at times. It's great writing, and acting. Personally, one of my favorite lines was from the season finale: When Vic is bribing the cop-killer's junkie father into giving up his son, and asks "How much you need, porcupine?" And the camera pans down to four needles stuck in the dude's leg. It's such a simple joke, but I laughed so hard at it.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

I'm pretty much blowing through 2 to 3 episodes a day at this point. I'm up to S2E5. Armadillo is a sick loving bastard, and a great adversary. He is intelligent, methodical, and pure evil. Watching Vic grill his face on a stove was AWESOME. Dutch continues to amuse me. "That's an arm." And am I the only one who is getting bored of Danni and Julien at this point in the series? I feel like the back-and-forth between those two is getting stale. Danni shooting the Arab man could have been a really good sub-plot, but I feel that it was resolved in an unsatisfying way. Maybe it comes back though, I don't know. That's the only real gripe I have so far.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Exploder posted:

I'm pretty much blowing through 2 to 3 episodes a day at this point. I'm up to S2E5. Armadillo is a sick loving bastard, and a great adversary. He is intelligent, methodical, and pure evil. Watching Vic grill his face on a stove was AWESOME. Dutch continues to amuse me. "That's an arm." And am I the only one who is getting bored of Danni and Julien at this point in the series? I feel like the back-and-forth between those two is getting stale. Danni shooting the Arab man could have been a really good sub-plot, but I feel that it was resolved in an unsatisfying way. Maybe it comes back though, I don't know. That's the only real gripe I have so far.

I agree. I felt throughout the show that Dani and Julien were kinda dull. Compared to the Strike Team and Claudette/Dutch, they're the least interesting of the police force.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

User-Friendly posted:

I agree. I felt throughout the show that Dani and Julien were kinda dull. Compared to the Strike Team and Claudette/Dutch, they're the least interesting of the police force.

The problem with Julien after the first season they really had no idea what to do with him. So they tried to create storylines with him but they were just boring. At least with Dani they found some use for her.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Hahaha, Ronnie: S2E6 "When Armadillo said you're greenlit, did he mean 'you're' singular, or 'you're' plural? I don't think he saw me, I was standing outside on the porch the whole time."

bobkatt013 posted:

The problem with Julien after the first season they really had no idea what to do with him. So they tried to create storylines with him but they were just boring. At least with Dani they found some use for her.

That's a bit disappointing, because he seemed like such an interesting, multi-layered character who had a lot of potential in the first season. Maybe I will have a different opinion of him once I've seen the whole series, but for now the whole going through "sexual re-orientation", finding God, and marrying a chick after 7 weeks of dating and Danni being disapproving of it is kind of boring and cliché.

edit:
Dutch (to Ronnie): "Our P.I.S guy is incontinent."

Exploder fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 2, 2013

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If anyone's looking for a free Shield fix, the first two seasons are now on Crackle.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahah. This show almost makes you feel bad for laughing sometimes, like; they'll show a horrific crime scene but one of the characters will make a comment that is just hilarious.

Impetus for this statement: S6 premier, Dutch walks into a massacre of a crime scene. On the radio, "Unit blah blah requesting 4 additional units at XX Address, have 3, no 4 187s (shield for dead body). Turns the light on in the next room while he is mid sentence, finds like, a room of corpses. "You gotta be making GBS threads me" loving incredible

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For me the funniest line is a tie between "What? Eatin' ain't cheatin'" and "your wifes pussy taste like sweet buttermilk"

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
There's really no competition here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1T8pCKON3k

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I don't get the lady's comment. Isn't that how you spell hoe? Or did I get one upped by a hoe from The Shield and missed the point

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Conquistador posted:

I don't get the lady's comment. Isn't that how you spell hoe? Or did I get one upped by a hoe from The Shield and missed the point

Homophones. A hoe is a gardening tool, a ho is... yo mama!

:smug:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Your Gay Uncle posted:

For me the funniest line is a tie between "What? Eatin' ain't cheatin'" and "your wifes pussy taste like sweet buttermilk"

"Aw, c'mon Roy...the dog had a piece. HE WAS GONNA USE IT!"

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I was always a fan of former NFL coach/current NFL Pre-game guy Jimmy Johnson is all bearded up in cage going "IT WASN'T ME, YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG GUY! IT WAS TERRY! YOU NEED TO FIND TERRY!" to someone, that person walks away and it's never mentioned again

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus this show can be hard to watch.

On the second to last episode overall of the show, when pregnant rear end Mara gets into that fight at the dudes apartment.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Conquistador posted:

Jesus this show can be hard to watch.

On the second to last episode overall of the show, when pregnant rear end Mara gets into that fight at the dudes apartment.

Yeah, I forgot how crazy-brutal all of that was. I remembered the ending, in general, but completely forgot about how she could barely move and was in pain all the time.

:smith:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Throughout most of the show, I don't mind Corrine and Mara, they're pretty realistic characters. This last season or two though they just seem like they're batshit crazy caricatures or something. I don't know, its hard to explain. Like they're both constantly in hysterics. Corrine can deal fine face to face with Vic, but then when she deals with Dutch about trying to nab Vic she's barely coherent. Maybe it's realistic given the poo poo that they're in, or maybe its more annoying because I'm marathoning the show and not waiting a week in between episodes. Either way, they're pretty annoying. E: No matter how you frame it, Mara involving Corrine in her bullshit escape attempt makes her a piece of poo poo. Although she is but one piece of poo poo surrounded by many bigger pieces of poo poo in the swirling shitshow that is her life.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha Claudette's face when the feds tell her Mackey has full immunity. Priceless.

E: :stonk: Man, I forgot how horrible things end for Shane.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 3, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
:siren: Series finale spoilers, first-time viewers, don't hover over these :siren:

Conquistador posted:

Hahaha Claudette's face when the feds tell her Mackey has full immunity. Priceless.

E: :stonk: Man, I forgot how horrible things end for Shane.

How could you forget that?

Every time I hear the phrase "family meeting", regardless of the context, it sends chills down my spine.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
On a rewatch I noticed that about an episode before David's....."incident" in Season 3, he handles a dildo that protitute has called the "rear end Invader". Foreshadowing?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 6, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
You should spoiler tag all of that. There are people who are still in Season 2 in this thread.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

escape artist posted:

:siren: Series finale spoilers, first-time viewers, don't hover over these :siren:

How could you forget that?

Every time I hear the phrase "family meeting", regardless of the context, it sends chills down my spine.

Drugs and alcohol abuse have their ways of frying your brain, unfortunately

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Conquistador posted:

Drugs and alcohol abuse have their ways of frying your brain, unfortunately

Believe me, I'm the last person you have to tell that to.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey escape artist, based on some of the other threads I've seen you post in- have you checked out Banshee yet? I don't have PMs or I'd have recommended it there.

It's pretty cool, though kind of gruesomely violent sometimes.

E: It's another cop show, but it is hardly realistic. Or at least, I can't think of any place I'd want to live that those things could occur.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Conquistador posted:

Hey escape artist, based on some of the other threads I've seen you post in- have you checked out Banshee yet? I don't have PMs or I'd have recommended it there.

It's pretty cool, though kind of gruesomely violent sometimes.

E: It's another cop show, but it is hardly realistic. Or at least, I can't think of any place I'd want to live that those things could occur.

I've been meaning to, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Which can be said for... so many shows. There are just too many shows these days. You miss the pilot and tell yourself you're going to catch up by next week and... then by the time you realize it, the show is starting it's 3rd season. . .

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Your Gay Uncle posted:

On a rewatch I noticed that about an episode before David's....."incident" in Season 3, he handles a dildo that protitute has called the "rear end Invader". Foreshadowing?

Please spoiler tag stuff like this, even if it is just a harmless, minor spoiler. It's hard enough to resist hovering over the spoilers that are tagged in this thread.

So now I'm up to S2E11. Things really slowed down after the first six or seven episodes this season, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the next couple episodes are going to be a poo poo storm.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
^Sup S2 buddy!

On S2E10 I think, but was S2E09 A ditched pilot episode? It was a total mindfuck seeing some of the old faces from S1 again. Had to be Dutch that turned up 2 hours late on the first day. The Return of Gilroy was pretty hilarious and also surprising that he hasn't died in jail yet. Now Armadillo is dead the episodes are slowing down like Exploder has said with most of the finale seemingly building up to the 'Money Train' heist. Should be a doozy.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

^Sup S2 buddy!

On S2E10 I think, but was S2E09 A ditched pilot episode? It was a total mindfuck seeing some of the old faces from S1 again. Had to be Dutch that turned up 2 hours late on the first day. The Return of Gilroy was pretty hilarious and also surprising that he hasn't died in jail yet. Now Armadillo is dead the episodes are slowing down like Exploder has said with most of the finale seemingly building up to the 'Money Train' heist. Should be a doozy.

I had the same question about that episode, but come to find out it wasn't a ditched pilot, it was simply a flashback episode. At the time, Shawn Ryan wanted to do a flashback episode. It was very... strange, and I had a few nitpicks about it. I got the impression that the strike team was a tight-knit group that had been together for years before the Barn was even opened, and that Crowley was a new recruit at the time of the pilot. But "Co-Pilot" refutes that. I also thought that Julien had only been on the force for a couple weeks at the time of the pilot, but if I'm getting the timeline correct based on "Co-Pilot", he would have been there a few months at the time of the pilot. Also, I got the impression that Vic's old partner/training officer led the strike team before he was kicked off the force. I read up a little bit on it, and apparently these complaints are very common. I'm willing to let it go, though. This show is too good for me to really care about minor inconsistencies.

On Gilroy: It was pretty great to see Gilroy had fallen so far from grace. Gilroy was always such a dick. I like to think that he is wandering aimlessly around Mexico, not knowing a lick of Spanish and drinking himself to death. Or getting killed by the Cartel. Either way, he deserves it.

edit:
Watching the season 2 finale now. Shane: I'm Cletus... Van Damme. Will post my reaction once I'm done.

Exploder fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 5, 2013

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

S2E13: The hit on the Armenian money train was a bit... underwhelming, in my opinion. It's really loving cool that they were able to pull it off, but it was almost too easy. Then again, that speaks to the competence of these guys. I suppose I was expecting a longer fight sequence, more bloodshed, and more things to go wrong. But they did leave some loose ends. Two people shot, one dead. It will be interesting to see how this comes back to bite them in the rear end.

Breaking Bad season 5 spoilers included here: I got a strong Breaking Bad vibe from that last scene of Vic and the boys overlooking their mound of cash. Well, I'm sure it was vice versa for most of you, seeing as how this episode aired 10 years earlier. It reminded me of last season when Walt and Skylar were looking over their big loving pallet of cash in the storage unit. At first, Vic is elated at the sight of the millions of dollars in front of him, and then reality sets in. It's a powerful moment. They go out on top at the end of the season, but the way they got there doesn't necessarily justify the means.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Man, reading all these spoilers makes me wish I could watch it all again but completely fresh.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Do not worry the money train brings back the greatest actor that the show ever had!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not worry the money train brings back the greatest actor that the show ever had!

I'm curious as to who you mean.

EDIT: Oh wait, do you mean Kurt 'Delicious Feet' Sutter?

EDIT 2: Hah, knew it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 5, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm curious as to who you mean.

I am being an rear end. It is Kurt Sutter aka the foot fetish guy

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Good to know. If you're referring to the Armenians, I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I just watched S3E1, and I can see now that there is going to be a lot more fallout from the money train heist than I thought there would be.

Aceveda is being just as much of a snake as he ever has been. Goddamn, this guy makes a great politician. I was really looking forward to Captain Wyms.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Just watched S708 and I don't remember ever seeing the front of The Barn before. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

S3E3: Dutch's dick line-up. :lol:

• Locked thread