Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Color Printer posted:

Wait....Does Meenah have something backwards here? Is she getting the rings confused or did I misread something? I'm confused. :confused:

Nope, you've got it backwards yourself. Roxy still has the Ring of Void last time we checked, and naturally the Thief of Life is convinced that it's her destiny to one day steal the Ring of Life. Whether she wants to or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ah yes, the classic dilemma - resurrecting from the dead to enslave the living and forge a narcissistic empire, or just rolling with your ghost-chums.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She's going to somehow accidentally pickpocket the ring from him without even meaning to, despite the impossibility of that action.

Also "soft core megido" is the new best phrase ever.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
meenah is the best, after gamzee

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tollymain posted:

Also "soft core megido" is the new best phrase ever.

Well her ancestor was pretty hard core. Disturbingly so, really.

I think I want Aradia to never stop smiling like this at everything. "Aradia: Ecstatically Regard Breakdowns"

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I can't stress enough how much I have been loving Aridia's expressions as of late.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh my goodness, Aradia's making the best face here.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
From now on, I want an ecstatic Aradia in every panel.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, Vriska and Meenah are basically opposites. Meenah claims to be a ruthless dictator in her heart that is fighting that destiny for the sake of her friendships. Vriska claims to do everything to help her friends, which leads her to do ruthless things.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

I did not do this but I felt it was relevant

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

You have sucked all of the fun out of this thread, Homestuck, Something Awful, and my entire life. That is not even amusingly terrible and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Radiation has something relevant* he wishes to share with us.

*what actual hardcore shippers are thinking right now

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Needs more gleeful Aradia.

That is, to Kaos' thing.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Needs more gleeful Aradia.

That is, to Kaos' thing.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 5, 2013

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Could it be Meenah is suffering from the human disease known as frondship?

And there can never be too much gleeful Aradia.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KaosMachina posted:

NO! This is terrible, get out.

Color Printer posted:

Radiation has something relevant* he wishes to share with us.

*what actual hardcore shippers are thinking right now

YES! This is awesome in every sense of the word!

... help I don't know funny anymore

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 2, 2013

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Did anyone else's notifier just go off randomly with no update?

e: nevermind, but it's still too small for me to properly tell what it is.

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 2, 2013

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

FLASH UPDATE!
and the cage jokes continue
^^^ There was a flash update. I think you need to check again.
...Unless hussie's found out how to hide updates for his april fools joke.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 2, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Elevatorstuck didn't play, and they're on an actual elevator this time. What the gently caress, Hussie.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
It's like John was a doll that someone was tossing around :allears:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A red juju chest. Caliborn's was red.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Well that sure is Caliborn's JuJu chest. But he said that when the lollipop code is given away the sucker vanishes, so it can't be that. In that case it has to be the new JuJu that Caliborn acquired.

So the secret weapon will be...Lil Cal? Man who the gently caress even knows. Also it's hard to see, but Aradia's tiny pixel is also smiling like a crazy person. Hussie just really likes pushing crazy glee faced Aradia.

EDIT: Ok so correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't only Cherubs able to open Juju chests? I could have swore the second Meenahbound said as much during the Kurloz sequence. If that's true, how the hell are they even going to open the chest?

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 2, 2013

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Hussie's definitely tying up storylines for a big [S], but I'm not sure he can make it in time for 4/13.

ps, what's the deal with "[S]"? Is it flash lingo I am oblivious to?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
[S]ound

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

snucks posted:

Hussie's definitely tying up storylines for a big [S], but I'm not sure he can make it in time for 4/13.

ps, what's the deal with "[S]"? Is it flash lingo I am oblivious to?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001977

Edit: beaten. But I'm pretty just it's not some kind of professional standard or anything and just being nice for anyone reading in public or at work or where ever.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I hate that I can't stop laughing at this.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Oh god the arrows are multiplying!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is happening way too many times to be just a gag. Nic Cage and 'boners' will unironically be included in the ending of Homestuck. Probably essential.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

TheDemon posted:

This is confusing, because I'm not sure what parts of that Meenah is being sincere about.

I think ... they probably all are. I also think that this is part of why Aradia is grinning so furiously. A1 Meenah refuses to become the ur-villain that A2 Meenah (Condesce) is. I have a feeling what we're seeing is the "good" cherubim side of the double-ouroboros mating ritual. And Aradia knows this.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I dunno what i love most. Aradia's sheer glee over absolutely everything, John's incredibly sillily (is that a word) animated jump onto the elevator, or Nic Cage saying boner again.

I will literally never get tired of Nic Cage saying boner.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

I'm so excited! Only one or two more updates before they open the chest and we don't get to see what's in it. :v:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

You know, I remember back when Vriska: Wake first came out, and some people wondered what was up with Aradia's grins in that flash, given that they looked a bit oddly-down at points. Sometimes they did almost look more crazy than smiley, but I think most people were like myself and just chalked it up to quirks in Hussie's art/animation.

But then, Aradia was actually acting pretty rationally and seemed happy to a completely reasonable degree when we first heard from her in the beta Dave discussion. The weirdness only really started when Terezi got onto her for the corpse party thing, and then after that it's felt like a non-stop slide down crazy mountain.

So I wonder if Aradia was always meant to have developed a rather gray and potentially unsettling nature after her revival, or if that was something Hussie decided to roll with later. (And if he did the latter, whether or not it had anything to do with referencing the fans who went "Aradia's turning evil :v:" after she came back to life and poking fun at how he rendered her facial expressions in that first flash, similar to how Pantskat became a thing.)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I'm so excited! Only one or two more updates before they open the chest and we don't get to see what's in it. :v:
Oh goodness, this one is a treat. May I?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Bell_ posted:

Oh goodness, this one is a treat. May I?

Nobody else has claimed, so go ahead!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

I am NOT changing my avatar, alright?! :mad:

Pentachronic Snail
Nov 2, 2011
They are incredibly close to revealing the treasure... I have a somewhat bad feeling about this.

Speaking of treasures, I received some kickstarter stuff today. This artwork print is flipping huge. I will literally have nowhere to put it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Never stop creepin' it up Aradia. You're simply the best there is.

I keep my stance on the treasure being the deudly firearm. They'll have to find a cueball to fire it however!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Never stop creepin' it up Aradia. You're simply the best there is.

I keep my stance on the treasure being the deudly firearm. They'll have to find a cueball to fire it however!

Jade's cueball should still be on either LOHAC or the Battlefield with Rose's body, depending whether she took it with her when she went Grimdark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Freudian posted:

Jade's cueball should still be on either LOHAC or the Battlefield with Rose's body, depending whether she took it with her when she went Grimdark.
Well the cueball won't help unless they can turn it into bullet size. And if it is the deudly firearm then how does Lord English have it on him right now? Unless we're accounting for possible time shenanigans being afoot.