Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rodney the Piper posted:

"For those of you who have not seen the Space Needle..." - B. Alvarez

While his attempt to describe it was hilarious, I doubt many international subscribers would know what it is, since if you are outside of the US, why would you care about Seattle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MassRanTer posted:

While his attempt to describe it was hilarious, I doubt many international subscribers would know what it is, since if you are outside of the US, why would you care about Seattle?

You are a fan of Frasier.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRanTer posted:

I didn't realize they had a big international subscriber base. Still, any F4W geography lesson is kind of amazing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Good podcast talk we just had and :suicide:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
IT'S TIME FOR PART 1 OF THE ANNUAL PUNCHSPORT PODCAST WRESTLEMANIA PREVIEW!

Tonight's episode: #BELIEVEINTHESHIELD

The file for the actual show corrupted so those of us who were fans of The Shield talk about The Shield for about an hour. We spoil the entire show, so if you haven't watched the Shield and may want to, avoid this episode. In fact, everyone should avoid this episode. It's really good.

Edit: What makes this episode so good? Well let me tell you. Want to know what The Shield is? Too bad we don't really tell you. Want to hear us discuss the key moments in the show? Well too bad, they get glossed over. Who are half of the characters we're discussing and what are their roles on the show? Well too bad, we don't really describe that.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 2, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Shield got boring after they let Forrest Whitaker stick around for twice as long as he was needed.

Gave up 5 episodes before the series finale and never looked back.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Shield got boring after they let Forrest Whitaker stick around for twice as long as he was needed.

The confession of Vic in the penultimate episode was by far the absolute highlight of the series. You missed out buddy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

He was only in two episodes after the fifth and best season. It was also a pretty amazing wrap up to his character.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTrthePKU0

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

When are you going to have me on the show to discuss Cop Rock (second greatest show of all time behind The Shield)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaylord Plower posted:

When are you going to have me on the show to discuss Cop Rock (second greatest show of all time behind The Shield)

When a wrestling stable called Cop Rock is started.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Shield varies between my favorite and second favorite show of all time so I was really excited to talk about it... then I remembered I haven't watched it in awhile and couldn't remember a ton of details after Season 3, so I have no idea if I contributed anything useful. But god do I love that show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've always said The Shield is the one show that I feel got better every season

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MassRanTer posted:

The Shield varies between my favorite and second favorite show of all time so I was really excited to talk about it... then I remembered I haven't watched it in awhile and couldn't remember a ton of details after Season 3, so I have no idea if I contributed anything useful. But god do I love that show.

You should watch it, have a sandwich, and then have a family meeting. I also know want a cop rock stable where one second they are talking about some dark poo poo then the next a cheery song.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've always said The Shield is the one show that I feel got better every season
Anthony Anderson's performance was certainly a surprise.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MassRanTer posted:

It was interesting because that show ended close to when the Wire ended and I loved both so much but they were both so far apart on the spectrum that while I thought the Wire was better. I may have enjoyed the Shield more.

Also if you like cop dramas Southland is pretty good as well. hosed up characters who are either genuinely good that do evil, or genuinely evil that act like they do good are so god drat entertaining to watch.

Perigryn posted:

Gave Glenn Close a career revitalization as well. I think the only poo poo thing that came out of that show was Kurt Sutter's ego.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 2, 2013

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Gaylord Plower posted:

Leeettssss be careful out therrreeeee

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Perigryn posted:

I was floored with how he managed to nail being menacing. Just a really really great performance I laughed at when I first heard it announced.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Who wants to start a podcast with me revolving entirely around procedural cop dramas?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

It was interesting because that show ended close to when the Wire ended and I loved both so much but they were both so far apart on the spectrum that while I thought the Wire was better. I may have enjoyed the Shield more.

Also if you like cop dramas Southland is pretty good as well. hosed up characters who are either genuinely good that do evil, or genuinely evil that act like they do good are so god drat entertaining to watch.

Gave Glenn Close a career revitalization as well. I think the only poo poo thing that came out of that show was Kurt Sutter's ego.

The Wire would be my favorite show ever if the main storyline for the final season hadn't been such poo poo.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

When a wrestling stable called Cop Rock is started.

Surely Big Boss Man was in at least one tag team match with The Rock during their time in The Corporation

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 2, 2013

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really wish I could find time to watch The Shield since everytime someone describes it is amazing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gaylord Plower posted:

Surely Big Boss Man was in at least one tag team match with The Rock during their time in The Corporation
A few house shows and once on Sunday Night Heat in a trio with Ken Shamrock.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

A few house shows and once on Sunday Night Heat in a trio with Ken Shamrock.

You heard it here, folks, Oatgan is the guest on the next (and most downloaded of all time) Punchsport Podcast.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

look forward to episode two of the big mac mackey vic attack show coming soon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

look forward to episode two of the big mac mackey vic attack show coming soon

Episode 10.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Don't try to start trouble with Dave, MRT. :ohdear:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
It took longer than we hoped to get it, but the Punchsport Podcast WrestleMania preview is here!

After the failed attempt Monday night that turned into the Shield episode, I was joined by HulkaMatt, MRT and (eventually) the Shaman of Cum to run down the WrestleMania card, talk about what matches we're most excited for, and generally try to gauge our interest in the biggest show of the year.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It was bullshit when Ronnie shaved his beard and started wearing a suit near the end of the series.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The Punchsport Podcast has become one of my favourite things to listen to. You guys are great.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Agreed, I've learned so much about Mike Quackenbush.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

An empty arena match at Wrestlemania with HHH and Shawn. What the gently caress is wrong with people?

e: whoa HulkaMatt on the Bryan call-in show

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 3, 2013

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Thank you so much for using that intro music!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

sportsgenius86 posted:

e: whoa HulkaMatt on the Bryan call-in show

Somebody else was on it, too. :colbert:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Goog posted:

Brian kept catching me off guard with my call.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Goog posted:

haha sorry. I listen at work and I'm lucky to remember half of what I hear.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The worst part about the Bryan & Not Vinny show was Bryan no selling the fact that MRP referenced my call and Bryan couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The rear end in a top hat himself, Mr. Anderson is Colt's guest this week.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I apologise if this has been mentioned already but http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=436&pid=239262&buffer_share=9224d&utm_source=buffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Wait I noticed MRP and his repeated use of the word "wacky" but which one was HulkaMatt?

Also, Goog, I said it on twitter and I'll say it again here, it is unacceptable that you've never heard Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.

• Locked thread