Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I am glad that Yuko Takeda is returning to narrate the Tamage Segments. Hope materenity leave was a good opportunity for her to take a break from the show and enjoy her new child. Glad to have her back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
That is great news! I'm glad she is back, the segments just weren't the same without her voice.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

joek0 posted:

I am glad that Yuko Takeda is returning to narrate the Tamage Segments. Hope materenity leave was a good opportunity for her to take a break from the show and enjoy her new child. Glad to have her back.

Awesome. I could not stand the replacement.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
The new announcer was alright, but just not the same. Glad she's returning.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

Awesome. I could not stand the replacement.

Just to spite versus; this, the new one was the worst kind of stereotypical narrator. I had a serious problems enjoying the trips with her narration. The old narrator is great though, she has exactly the right tone chiding Arino :)

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
Wow, that's awesome to hear. I didn't mind the new narrator, but yes, the old one was far better. Season 17 is getting me all kinds of excited.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Her return combined with you guys putting Catch Copy on my mind is making me hope they do more of that segment someday. It's easily one of my favorites, along with Ring Ring Tactics.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was thinking that Since it's been two years that Takeda had just moved on. I'm glad to have her back.

Snot Man posted:

Her return combined with you guys putting Catch Copy on my mind is making me hope they do more of that segment someday. It's easily one of my favorites, along with Ring Ring Tactics.

I love the segments where they play some kind of game. Catch a Catch Copy and Barcode Gambler were terrific and it's a theme that they can keep running with. We'll know what they've come up with in a few days...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Arino must create theme songs for the whole staff using nothing but Mario Paint. He is scored based on how well it captures their personalities.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I love the segments where they play some kind of game. Catch a Catch Copy and Barcode Gambler were terrific and it's a theme that they can keep running with. We'll know what they've come up with in a few days...
How many days? I keep checking the official website and all I keep seeing is them advertising the Space Hunter episode from last month. Isn't it supposed to be every two weeks, or did they take a special break because it was the end of the season?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

AzraelDarkheart posted:

How many days? I keep checking the official website and all I keep seeing is them advertising the Space Hunter episode from last month. Isn't it supposed to be every two weeks, or did they take a special break because it was the end of the season?

It's a hint for a new translated episode. :ssh:

Andorra fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 3, 2013

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Andorra posted:

That can't be it. The new episode hasn't been broadcast in Japan yet. If we get a new translated episode soon, it won't be from Season 17, so we won't be able to "know what they've come up with". >_>

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Andorra posted:

It's not. I was referring to the fact that Fuji TV puts up the new listing a week before the episode airs and since the new season starts 4/11...

You've got a little while until the next episode from us. I think, but can't be certain, that the next one is going to be an extra tough one that's been in the works for a while. Beyond that, the scheduling is a lot more hazy...

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

zari-gani posted:

Kudos to univbee on the American Catch Copy segment. He did a great job with the editing.

Speaking of Catch Copy and Takeda, Producer Kan tweeted "Now that April Fools is over, I can announce that Miss Takeda will be returning as the arcade trip narrator in Season 17!" Hooray!

Aaand speaking of Kan, remember this?:

Apparently Kan said at the DVD vol. 1 launch event that Yamada left after he and Yamada had a fight (Kan and Yamada, not Abe).

Are they just poking fun, or does everyone really dislike Tsuruoka? :smith:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nickoten posted:

Are they just poking fun, or does everyone really dislike Tsuruoka? :smith:

Tsuruoka really screwed up badly on a few occasions. Not "Oh, Inoue died again," screwed up but really expensive mistakes. The worst of them was when he did a continue fail right at the end of the shooting day for Bikkuriman World. That cost everyone an extra shooting day to wrap up the challenge. There was also the end of Quest of Ki live when on the last stage with less than ten minutes left in the live show he directed Arino to pick up a warp that would take him back to the beginning of the bonus levels instead of the key item needed to complete the game. Arino saved that one by pausing the game and then hitting reset. Supposedly he also fell asleep during the shooting of the live episode but I didn't see that happen on camera.

It is worth pointing out that the museum was right after Tsuruoka's time as AD so these errors were fresh in everyone's mind. And Tsuruoka has been back as often as Emoto and Katayama have been. It's not like they hate the guy.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 3, 2013

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Random Stranger posted:

Tsuruoka really screwed up badly on a few occasions. Not "Oh, Inoue died again," screwed up but really expensive mistakes. The worst of them was when he did a continue fail right at the end of the shooting day for Bikkuriman World. That cost everyone an extra shooting day to wrap up the challenge. There was also the end of Quest of Ki live when on the last stage with less than ten minutes left in the live show he directed Arino to pick up a warp that would take him back to the beginning of the bonus levels instead of the key item needed to complete the game. Arino saved that one by pausing the game and then hitting reset. Supposedly he also fell asleep during the shooting of the live episode but I didn't see that happen on camera.

It is worth pointing out that the museum was right after Tsuruoka's time as AD so these errors were fresh in everyone's mind. And Tsuruoka has been back as often as Emoto and Katayama have been. It's not like they hate the guy.

Well that clears that up, thanks!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Apparently Kan said at the DVD vol. 1 launch event that Yamada left after he and Yamada had a fight (Kan and Yamada, not Abe).

You don't mess with Kan.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

You don't mess with Kan.

What episode is this/how have I not seen this

edit: :doh:

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 3, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ACID POLICE posted:

What episode is this/how have I not seen this

Look at the top left of the image.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I was thinking that Since it's been two years that Takeda had just moved on. I'm glad to have her back.

But Barcode Gambler is really boring. The fights drag on for literal minutes with basically no jokes or humor.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

You don't mess with Kan.
... Waaaaaaait a second, is the building they're passing that weird-rear end Japanese pop culture store in SF? I loved that place the one time I went, even if I didn't actually buy anything.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Going back through the OP, it struck me that the info cards for all the people have typos in them. "Postion" :v:

Also, I recently got a 3DS. What do I need to do to get the GCCX Swapnote stationery? My friend code is 3582-8941-7361

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Novasol posted:

Going back through the OP, it struck me that the info cards for all the people have typos in them. "Postion" :v:

Also, I recently got a 3DS. What do I need to do to get the GCCX Swapnote stationery? My friend code is 3582-8941-7361

I think you have to make a certain number of swapnotes in order to save stationary (or something like that), but you can just make a bunch and not send them to anyone. I can send you the stationary later if nobody else has, but I don't have my 3DS on me at the moment.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Novasol posted:

Add me as a friend, then I'll send it to you (along with some other goodies) (thanks Caitlin!) My code is 0748 2017 5632

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

PopeCrunch posted:

Add me as a friend, then I'll send it to you (along with some other goodies) (thanks Caitlin!) My code is 0748 2017 5632

Alright, I've added you.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Novasol posted:

Alright, I've added you.

Sweet! I'm sending you a bunch of notes with special stationery, just create a bunch of notes (you don't have to send them, just scribble 20 pictures of dicks or w/e) and once you hit about 20, it'll unlock all the features including saving stationery - then just view the note again, and it'll automatically save the stationery. :)

edit: sent a pile, check your swapnotes!
edit: the last one should be WIZROBE HAS A POSSE

PopeCrunch fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 3, 2013

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

PopeCrunch posted:

Sweet! I'm sending you a bunch of notes with special stationery, just create a bunch of notes (you don't have to send them, just scribble 20 pictures of dicks or w/e) and once you hit about 20, it'll unlock all the features including saving stationery - then just view the note again, and it'll automatically save the stationery. :)

edit: sent a pile, check your swapnotes!
edit: the last one should be WIZROBE HAS A POSSE

That is quite the welcome package :stare:

Thanks!

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Thank Caitlin, she's the one who gave me the hookup :)

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Wish they would send a new Swapnote from Arino in Japan.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh, it's Swapnote stationary-swapping season? Just added you, my code is 2793-1050-0825.

SuperPlay
Nov 17, 2012
Hi

I am not sure if I can post external links?

However I have just come across these translations that are not on this site:

Game Center CX Episode NC9-1 - Super Metroid Part 1
Game Center CX Episode NC9-1 - Super Metroid Part 2

Game Center CX Episode NC10 - Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem

Game Center CX Episode NC11 - Excitebike 3D!

If it is OK for me to post the link let me know and I will update this post.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
You can post all the external links you like!

Personally, I'll wait for the Official Unofficial SAGCCX Approved translations for those episodes, even though I want to see Super Metroid really bad.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Translated GCCX is good GCCX.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

... Waaaaaaait a second, is the building they're passing that weird-rear end Japanese pop culture store in SF? I loved that place the one time I went, even if I didn't actually buy anything.

No, it's the Hannspree TV store on Stockton.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Silentman0 posted:

Translated GCCX is good GCCX.

Any port in a storm, eh sailor?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Snot Man posted:

Oh, it's Swapnote stationary-swapping season? Just added you, my code is 2793-1050-0825.

Sent! Should be seven, last one is luigi freaking out about G-G-G-GOAST

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

xamphear posted:

You can post all the external links you like!

Personally, I'll wait for the Official Unofficial SAGCCX Approved translations for those episodes, even though I want to see Super Metroid really bad.

Considering SAGCCX focuses on the main episodes, you might be waiting a while. And I speak plenty enough Japanese. The guy's translations are not without error (neither are SAGCCX's, for that matter), but they're not bad by any means. I'm not exactly a fan of his making every speaker a different color, but apparently that was something that someone asked for, and it's not terrible.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Making subtitles in different colors for no reason other than it "looks pretty" is a super terrible fansub practice. This doesn't include stuff like matching the colors of overlay text, of course.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

Making subtitles in different colors for no reason other than it "looks pretty" is a super terrible fansub practice. This doesn't include stuff like matching the colors of overlay text, of course.

Yeah. No one likes TVN's choices usually. But fortunately, this group apparently made the colors based off of the GCCX subtitle colors. So I guess it's in-between? Call me a purist, though. I prefer one style all throughout. Less confusing on the eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

PopeCrunch posted:

I'd love to get the stationery if you're still up for making friends. My code is 2938 5933 9261!