Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah Lapkus was good on I4H ep 44, I loved the fork cartel bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah Lapkus was good on I4H ep 44, I loved the fork cartel bit.

I think that's the same episode with the murder house, which is probably my favorite I4H scene. Plus the driving instructor scene, Lapkus bringing every scene back to rear end eating, and the scene Besser started ragging on her for it. That was a great episode.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The last ep was also great for little Scott jokes that kind of fall by the wayside if one of his closer friends isn't on the show. Additionally, calls Lauren her brother's girlfriend, which makes me think she is a sibling of Lauren's fiance. The idea of a teen super committed to working menial jobs seems like something derived more organically than a medium who channels spirits viewing 90's tv and movies.

I don't want to criticize Joe Wengert's character in any way though, that man is a genius.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Count me in with the pro-Lapkus group. She and Wengert are good "new" regulars.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nick Kroll and Juan Hammond tomorrow!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Juan Hammond is the Spanish Jurassic Park creator, I think the guest should be Juan Jamón.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Close enough!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The latest in this mystery: Kurt Baunohler interviewing Kristen Schaal about her Comedy Central special http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/kurt-braunohler-interviews-kristen-schaal.html

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Wow. This episode is hilarious. Entourage in espanol.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"More syrup?" - Chilly Willy while being raped

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
"Ehhh, I'm Adrian." - Christopher Walken

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I just started listening to the show. So far I've only heard 205 and 211. But I love them.

"Jazz Jazz" being obsessed with "Nate" Fielder and asking him to come to his barbershop to whisper into people's ears was amazing. Fielder played that so consistently that I wasn't sure if he was actually in on the joke or not.

And of course, the introduction of El Chupacabro! El Chupacabra's twin brother. Jon Hamm is seriously awesome. I don't watch Mad Men, but he seems like a huge comedy fan, having been on CCB, DLM, WTF, Bob's Burgers, SNL and some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You should definitely listen to all of the best of's.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Start from chronologically an listen to all of the episodes that have Andy Daly listed as a guest.

Or at the very least start at 99 with Andy Daly and Patton Oswalt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

What he said but Paul F. Tompkins.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

soggybagel posted:

Start from chronologically an listen to all of the episodes that have Andy Daly listed as a guest.

Or at the very least start at 99 with Andy Daly and Patton Oswalt.

That episode and the one before it are the first few episodes I listened to and the exact reason why I am a huge fan of the show now.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
If you listen to all the ones with Gillian Jacobs that will lead you up to and give you the backstory behind my very favorite episode, 199. Honestly though just think of a comedian you like and listen to their episodes, even the "bad" CBB episodes are still pretty great.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Greggy posted:

Honestly though just think of a comedian you like and listen to their episodes, even the "bad" CBB episodes are still pretty great.

This is the best way to get into CBB - the Doug Loves Movies where Don Dimelo, Cake Boss, and El Chupacabra competed made me binge on a bunch of Daly/PFT/Kroll episodes.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
But if you do listen to all the Andy Daly episodes (which is a great way to get into the show) make sure to listen to his last two appearances last. There's a huge payoff that you won't understand if you start with the newer ones and work backwards.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Trujillo posted:

But if you do listen to all the Andy Daly episodes (which is a great way to get into the show) make sure to listen to his last two appearances last. There's a huge payoff that you won't understand if you start with the newer ones and work backwards.

I listened to the Dalton Wilcox episode very early in discovering CBB, having heard just one previous Andy Daly appearance. It was still just about the funniest thing I had ever heard.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry As You Buy Your Horse

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

epitasis posted:

This is what I was going to do :) I loving love me some PFT. And Nick Kroll. And most of the comedians they have on there, anyway.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's silly, Paul F Tompkins has only been on the show 3 times or so. But they are the best-of's so it would be a good starter ep.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

escape artist posted:

And of course, the introduction of El Chupacabro! El Chupacabra's twin brother. Jon Hamm is seriously awesome. I don't watch Mad Men, but he seems like a huge comedy fan, having been on CCB, DLM, WTF, Bob's Burgers, SNL and some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

It turns out he's a huge comedy fan and when he was trying to make it in L.A. he was constantly in the audience at UCB, I think tickets for shows there were/are a lot cheaper.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mob posted:

It turns out he's a huge comedy fan and when he was trying to make it in L.A. he was constantly in the audience at UCB, I think tickets for shows there were/are a lot cheaper.

Tickets have always been $5. $10 for weekend shows.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Frankly if you live in L.A. and you don't attend UCB shows you're wasting your residence.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Eltoasto posted:

That's silly, Paul F Tompkins has only been on the show 3 times or so. But they are the best-of's so it would be a good starter ep.

Okay, well, the episodes with Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cake Boss, Werner Herzog, etc. are also very interesting to me. ;)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

escape artist posted:

Okay, well, the episodes with Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cake Boss, Werner Herzog, etc. are also very interesting to me. ;)
If you haven't already there's also the fantastic PFT podcast 'The Paul F. Tompkast' where those people get a lot of room to interact.
http://pft.libsyn.com/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

And Other Poems and Observations, Humorous and Otherwise, From a Life On the Range

CBB has been suffering from a lack of Andy Daly since then - a 52 episode gap between appearances! I'm looking forward to his Comedy Central series, if just because I know he'll make the rounds on the podcast circuit to do promotion.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Politicalrancor posted:

Vampires! Vampires! Vampires!

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

escape artist posted:

For what it's worth, this is my fav. Cake Boss appearance. It's a two part episode which I don't think they do too often, either.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

soggybagel posted:

epitasis posted:

You're both right!

Eltoasto posted:

Don't listen to this man. This is not true. I think this is an attempt at inside humor that you may misinterpret.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Vampires! Vampires! Vampires!

I'm saying that cowboy's gonna gently caress a hole in the ground.
We all do it! That's what I've found.
Any cowboy that knows that lonesome hell,
Can fashion a land virginny well.
If a cowboy's seed worked like other seeds,
There would be cowboys growing everywhere across the plains like weeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsO6EcuxbM

NotWearingPants posted:

You're both right.

You're actually both wrong, because neither of you mentioned Bob Ducca or the iBrain.

Pretty sure every Seth Morris appearance is him doing Bob Ducca, and iBrain is on episode 35.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.

little munchkin posted:

You're actually both wrong, because neither of you mentioned Bob Ducca or the iBrain.

I made my buddy listen to iBrain and he is now a huge fan of CBB.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

little munchkin posted:

Pretty sure every Seth Morris appearance is him doing Bob Ducca, and iBrain is on episode 35.

Most, but not all. He also did that "Bakery for Dogs" character once or twice early on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And he appeared at Seth Morris in that slightly off episode where the celebrity guest came in late. Imagine this week's ep, but with more confusion and awkwardness.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Oh, yeah, I didn't listen to that one during my CBB run through because I heard it sucked.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Zsinjeh posted:

If you haven't already there's also the fantastic PFT podcast 'The Paul F. Tompkast' where those people get a lot of room to interact.
http://pft.libsyn.com/

Oh, of course I have. It's wonderful. I love the music that plays during it, too.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Beeez posted:

Oh, yeah, I didn't listen to that one during my CBB run through because I heard it sucked.

Honestly, there are so many episodes that get mixed reactions from listeners. If I skipped every episode that a lot of people didn't respond well to, I'd have missed a bunch of episodes that I wound up loving.

If you find you enjoy most CBB episodes, I'd recommend just listening to all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

SlowlyChoking posted:

I made my buddy listen to iBrain and he is now a huge fan of CBB.

Someone linking to iBrain in the old post your favorite comedy rants is what led to be becoming a CDR fan :3:

Andy Daly is my favorite guest in terms of characters beacuse they always make me laugh.