Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

gredgie posted:

Then of course the day after I come down with dehydration :P

I see the hourly "PLAY RESPONSIBLY" messages did nothing for you :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gredgie
Dec 9, 2012

Is there any in this rout
with authority to treat with me?
Actually the root cause is International Board Games Day :P I knew I'd eat when I got home but I didn't really notice I had like a single glass of drink all day :P

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

^^^
Water is a thing, a thing you should drink.

It's been awhile since I've posted this, but anyone who is still on the fence about Tera..

An anthropomorphic stoner dog? I rest my case.

red state bait fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 2, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
I thought this was originally April fools but this forum post seems to say otherwise: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Spring-into-Battlegrounds#post-832280

Solo queue only, equal-gear battlegrounds; you can get the normal BG credits but there's no bonus rounds or boxes, wish this was here before I geared up my archer even if it's going away in a month.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

P sure it was an April fools joke, it was pretty vague to begin with.

quote:

Each team will have their armor colorized into April-Showers Blue or May-Flowers Red.

red state bait fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 2, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
NCSoft logo, Enmasse is now crying. :smith:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
April Fools jokes shouldn't be comprised of ideas that would unironically make PVP 500% better.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Hey when did this go free to play? I just downloaded it and logged in. Said I had a lvl 4 character that I haven't played since last june, would this make me a founder? :allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think it happened in February. I imagine you would be a founder.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Khako posted:

Hey when did this go free to play? I just downloaded it and logged in. Said I had a lvl 4 character that I haven't played since last june, would this make me a founder? :allears:

If you're a founder, you'll have an icon on your UI that shows your benefits, or check your titles for the Founder title.
Tera actually has a pretty good F2P system, most of the cash shop stuff is either mounts/cosmetics or a loot box that will give you enchanting/crafting materials for the most part.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

TheRationalRedditor posted:

April Fools jokes shouldn't be comprised of ideas that would unironically make PVP 500% better.

I'm not sure this will necessarily be the case. Equalizing the gear is great and all but doing so will probably highlight the class imbalances even more. Which is great if you're planning to fix them, but I doubt EME is, so I have a feeling these BGs might leave some classes not so happy. So I'm not sure this is the MAGICAL SOLUTION to PvP issues.

Anyway, it's solo queue only so if you want people who know what the hell they're doing you'll still probably want to play the regular one. I'm worried that this will split up the queues so much that the queue times for either will be significantly longer. At any rate it's a temporary event apparently so... whatever, we'll see how it works.

I am slightly annoyed that this gametype suddenly showed up AFTER I grinded my conjunct weapon though. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Did the server just go down or did I happen to want to play during maintenance time?

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

It's down

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Welp. Guess I'll go to bed instead.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

gredgie posted:

I also downloaded the U.S. client and made a Mystic on MT/applied to guild.
Then of course the day after I come down with dehydration :P

Will likely invest more time in the E.U. client getting my Slayer the last 7 levels to 60 but the U.S. client didn't seem too laggy at all. Just a shame I can't carry my Collector's Edition key over :P

I don't think you just come down with dehydration, I think you abuse yourself from poopsocking and only drinking Mountain Dew.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Hentai Monster posted:

If you're a founder, you'll have an icon on your UI that shows your benefits, or check your titles for the Founder title.
Tera actually has a pretty good F2P system, most of the cash shop stuff is either mounts/cosmetics or a loot box that will give you enchanting/crafting materials for the most part.

More importantly, you can buy almost any cash shop items with gold from other players with the exception of elite subs.

Also, the BG event is a real thing, courtesy of Desumetaru;

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What is the US Guilds looking like on numbers and classes? My buddies have pretty much stopped playing and we haven't gotten that far really. I'm thinking of bumbling over and making a Lancer and a Mystic. I did have a Warrior but man I am bad with that class.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Flipswitch posted:

What is the US Guilds looking like on numbers and classes? My buddies have pretty much stopped playing and we haven't gotten that far really. I'm thinking of bumbling over and making a Lancer and a Mystic. I did have a Warrior but man I am bad with that class.

Lancers and Mystics are both in really high demand (Mystics especially) at level 60. We have tons of Berserkers and Sorcerers from what I can tell.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Question: With my school schedule being so packed (apparently I did not want an easy final school term before graduating) my time availability for Tera has just dropped to 0 - whenever I have nothing going on. Should I move my main to the alt guild to make room for other goons?

FYI - My main is Padonkadonk

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is the guild information still correct in the OP? I applied to that dragon guild but a guild called Something Terrible sounds like a lot more fun :3:

I bought this game when it launched and never played it at all but now that it's free and I have founder's status I guess I'll check it out!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Is the guild information still correct in the OP? I applied to that dragon guild but a guild called Something Terrible sounds like a lot more fun :3:

I bought this game when it launched and never played it at all but now that it's free and I have founder's status I guess I'll check it out!

Last time I checked, barely anyone was still playing on ST.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Quidnose posted:

The PvE guild is dead so if you want to play with goons you'll have to come to MT and join DGKK. If you're afraid of PvP its easy to avoid by switching channels.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Too bad that the EU guild seems mostly dead, I have my friend who got me into the game on EU, and don't have the HDD space (or the money to buy bigger discs) for two copies. I guess there's no way to just edit some files which'll set the region to US instead?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I made a guild for me and a couple friends (who are not goons) on EU, Killian. If any EU goon's want to join it I guess I could post the info if there isn't any "official" guild. Some other guys also had a guild on different server but I never got around to joining that.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Well, there is the goon guild I got invited to the other day on Fraya (where I luckily already had both my chars), but the most I've seen online since I joined are the GM and another guy last night when we tried to trio SM without a healer. We almost managed. Almost.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I hadn't realised how bad the EU Guild had gotten whilst I was away with work. I haven't seen anyone on bar yourself in the past week.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Datasmurf posted:

Too bad that the EU guild seems mostly dead, I have my friend who got me into the game on EU, and don't have the HDD space (or the money to buy bigger discs) for two copies. I guess there's no way to just edit some files which'll set the region to US instead?
RE: client region changing. Conversion process seems pretty simple. The two clients (EU and NA) share the folders "Art_Data" and "Sound_Data" located in "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC". 27.1gigs to be exact. Keep those two folders and replace everything else with US client files. A few hundred MB. Actually, a lot of the remaining files seem similar too, but I don't know for sure. Launch tera with new US "TERA-Launcher.exe" and you should be good to go.

I have a theory that the only thing that needs replacing is just the .exe's. Someone who has both clients could test that out for us, if they don't mind.

I also had a look around for tera private servers, see what they do to change realms/regions (world of warcraft style). The only private server I could find uses a custom launcher .exe... and nothing else. I believe that "region" is held within the launcher you use. Ergo, the only thing that you need to replace to change client regions is merely switching En-masses/Frogsters "TERA-Launcher" exe.

Sorry for the :words:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I beat Tera, time to uninstall:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't see a shrimp hat, get back in there.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
There is no shrimp hat yet. However, I found something else pretty good:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Goddamn it Enmasse, where is my shrimp hat.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

tearshed posted:

...quality posting...

Sorry for the :words:

Why sorry for the words? How else were you going to explain it? Interpretive dancing?

hmm...

drat now I wan't to see it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buhbuhj posted:

I beat Tera, time to uninstall:

How much does it cost?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
More money than I would like to admit I paid. The good news is the broker is getting a bunch from the maid loot boxes and they are only like 13k or something at the moment.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Buhbuhj posted:

More money than I would like to admit I paid. The good news is the broker is getting a bunch from the maid loot boxes and they are only like 13k or something at the moment.

Is there an insanely dapper Popori version?

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
No, why make that when you could just make two maid outfits?

:(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Crown Face posted:

No, why make that when you could just make two maid outfits?

:(

Kill all Elins. :argh:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
The maid outfit is now live on US tera? Neat!

Between the free keys on Valentines and the insane prices of keys on St. Pats, I've got about 23k gold, yet I'm only level 34 (haven't played in a month, only log in for events). Is there any use for that much gold before 60?

Grogsy posted:

Why sorry for the words? How else were you going to explain it? Interpretive dancing?

hmm...

drat now I wan't to see it.
I felt that the point I was trying to make was incredibly simple but took way too many words to explain it.

gredgie
Dec 9, 2012

Is there any in this rout
with authority to treat with me?
My U.S. client has corrupted files and so I can't launch the game. Yet it seems Tera doesn't have a repair tool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

gredgie posted:

My U.S. client has corrupted files and so I can't launch the game. Yet it seems Tera doesn't have a repair tool?

Isn't that what Tools>Click Here to Begin Repair in the launcher does?

Also I wish that maid outfit was available for.. I dunno, any race but Elin. Giant gangly-armed high elf maid please.

• Locked thread