Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Ann crap ultimate mode is not available to me...

Best guess: I've beaten True VHM in a friend's game but not my own... Do I seriously have to slog through True to get ultimate??! I am level 50, etc.... :(

Yes, you have to beaten true vault hunter and be level 50 for it to unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Feenix posted:

Ann crap ultimate mode is not available to me...

Best guess: I've beaten True VHM in a friend's game but not my own... Do I seriously have to slog through True to get ultimate??! I am level 50, etc.... :(

Should be a cake walk if you're 50. It's also pretty easy to keep a group play session going if you actually go do story missions instead of dick around.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's not a difficulty thing it's an "I'm a new dad and I already beat it, just with my co-op friend, in his game, and so I don't want to do it all again because I don't exactly have the time." thing.

I guess I just have to play when he plays or something... :/

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Feenix posted:

It's not a difficulty thing it's an "I'm a new dad and I already beat it, just with my co-op friend, in his game, and so I don't want to do it all again because I don't exactly have the time." thing.

I guess I just have to play when he plays or something... :/

This is exactly why I'm only on from ten to midnight. Toddlers are hilarious but I seriously don't need him repeating what he hears from the Torgue Machines... although it would be awesome if he learned how to say *bleep* instead of swears.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Seneschal posted:

This is exactly why I'm only on from ten to midnight. Toddlers are hilarious but I seriously don't need him repeating what he hears from the Torgue Machines... although it would be awesome if he learned how to say *bleep* instead of swears.

That would be the coolest kid ever.

"That's like... half my BEEP'ing vocabulary!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

UVHM has been fun so far. Only died once so far to some bullymongs trying to do the Bad Hair Day quest and I just completed Hunting the Firehawk which put me at 52. No pearls or 50+ legendaries yet.

Also I just read on gamefaqs (and saw pics) that playing Poker Night at the Inventory 2 will unlock exclusive Borderlands 2 skins for all the characters (except Krieg, apparently).

Zero gets a Portal turret skin
Sal gets a motherfucking Brock Samson head
Gaige gets Max of Sam & Max's head
Maya gets a lame rear end poker visor
Axton gets Evil Ash from Army of Darkness' head

...Might actually have to get this just for the Brock Samson head.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Co-op'd all the way to Control Core Angel with Marogareh and DrSmasher (I'm almost lv 55!).

Stalkers do not mess around.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Welp, things are going pretty well with the Gunzerker "Always Have the Slagga in One of Your Hands" strategy. I think I'm actually going to have to find some more slag weapons, as I eventually start outpacing my ammo regen with my ammo usage rate. Hasn't been a problem yet, anyways.

Oh, and even on UVHM enemies cannot escape the horror that is two Bonus Packages thrown into a confined space. :staresplosion:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

burntpork posted:

Co-op'd all the way to Control Core Angel with Marogareh and DrSmasher (I'm almost lv 55!).

Stalkers do not mess around.

I could only imagine the giant clusterfuck that was me as melee Zero and two deathtraps going at them from someone else's point of view with explosions going all over the place. I just wish they'd hurry up and fix the love thumper glitch so I can actually kill poo poo without hurting team mates.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 3, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Marogareh posted:

I could only imagine the giant clusterfuck that was me as melee Zero and two deathtraps going at them from someone else's point of view with explosions going all over the place. I just wish they'd hurry up and fix the love thumper glitch so I can actually kill poo poo without hurting team mates.

It's all good. I tried changing up my build with something other than Sharing is Caring, but my deathtrap just couldn't hold up as well. :smith:

edit: Part of the reason I crashed was because of all the nova-explosion madness.

edit2: gently caress Sawtooth Cauldron

burntpork fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 3, 2013

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Marogareh posted:

Would have been 3 Deathtraps if I'd have been around, now that's fun, I'll be around later for some UVHM fun later on, when stuff gets updates for us in the UK zone.
PSN: JudgeTesla for anyone who wants to sign up with me, I may not have a mic (yet) but I can still be a faithful bullet sponge for any goons.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

It's all good. I tried changing up my build with something other than Sharing is Caring, but my deathtrap just couldn't hold up as well. :smith:

edit: Part of the reason I crashed was because of all the nova-explosion madness.

edit2: gently caress Sawtooth Cauldron

I'm going to need better guns, I've gone back to the trusty Bee + CC, Maggie, Harold, and assorted SMGs combo and they're just not cutting it anymore. gently caress Stalkers, especially Rabid Stalkers. I should be on after work today so I can maybe get a better gun

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

People weren't joking about UVHM being really hard, I've just had my rear end handed to me twice by Boom-Bewm, eventually I just blew up Big Bertha from a mile away with a Sniper and blew the twins apart with a Shock Rocket Launcher, Captain Flynt is going to be a toughie when I face him soon.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Judge Tesla posted:

People weren't joking about UVHM being really hard, I've just had my rear end handed to me twice by Boom-Bewm, eventually I just blew up Big Bertha from a mile away with a Sniper and blew the twins apart with a Shock Rocket Launcher, Captain Flynt is going to be a toughie when I face him soon.

Slag + Norfleet is how my friend and I managed Flynt last night.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, we found a bug last night that I'm sure a lot of Mechromancer players have come across, but wanted to point it out to those who may not be aware of it yet. If you're going to use an Orange (Legendary) shield with your Mancer and have the ability that Deathtrap gets a copy of your shield, be warned that most, if not all, Legendary shields will cause you to drop into FFYL as soon as you summon Deathtrap because of a bug in the system. A Hide of Terra shield, which doesn't affect health at all, caused this to happen and led to a search to validate what had happened.

This will also happen if you have a Turtle-type shield that takes off enough health--the Hoplite (Seraph shield) did it as well in our trials last night. On the flip side, equipping a shield like the Evolution will boost the Mancer's health while DT is out on the field--the Mancer's health went to over 135K with an Evolution + summoned DT vs. 75K with Evolution alone.

Given some of the difficulties in UVHM, I thought having this out there as a refresher for those who may have missed it before would be a public service.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I haven't logged into my game on UVHM yet but can you level past 50 in the other modes?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

lazerwolf posted:

I haven't logged into my game on UVHM yet but can you level past 50 in the other modes?

Yeah. It takes forever and you apparently can't cheese the Bar Brawl anymore.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Does TVHM cap at 50 or does it scale up but just not have quite the level of difficulty as UVHM?

Edit: I mean the enemies.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

The Duke posted:

UVHM has been fun so far. Only died once so far to some bullymongs trying to do the Bad Hair Day quest and I just completed Hunting the Firehawk which put me at 52. No pearls or 50+ legendaries yet.

Also I just read on gamefaqs (and saw pics) that playing Poker Night at the Inventory 2 will unlock exclusive Borderlands 2 skins for all the characters (except Krieg, apparently).

Zero gets a Portal turret skin
Sal gets a motherfucking Brock Samson head
Gaige gets Max of Sam & Max's head
Maya gets a lame rear end poker visor
Axton gets Evil Ash from Army of Darkness' head

...Might actually have to get this just for the Brock Samson head.

I'm annoyed I can't do this right now just to get it out of the way. I want the heads/skins, but I hate poker.

UVHM is pretty awesome. It encourages something that resembles a balanced group. Last night, we had Axton, Maya, and 2 Salvador's. Maya spent most of the time healing the other 3 and Axton's turrets. The turrets were awesome for picking up aggro so the gunzerkers could do their thing while the soldier kept everything slagged. Lots of deaths regardless but it was a good time. We didn't see anything other than a million e-tech weapons(mostly pistols), but I got about halfway to 53 from the beginning to just after Wilhelm.

Not sure how viable solo is for reasonable XP gains because a group of 53 bonerfarts will gently caress up my day pretty well. Turrets have a life span of about 5 seconds when there isn't anyone else but me shooting.

A+ will play again.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

Seneschal posted:

If your on 360, I need a co-op dad buddy, I can only play after the 2 year old goes to bed, so 10 to midnight California time for me. GT: hippieman

I will do Treasure Room runs and let him watch, and he now walks around going "Wow!" and "Nice" mimicking Maya.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

hippieman posted:

If your on 360, I need a co-op dad buddy, I can only play after the 2 year old goes to bed, so 10 to midnight California time for me. GT: hippieman

I will do Treasure Room runs and let him watch, and he now walks around going "Wow!" and "Nice" mimicking Maya.

Your friendslist is full. My GT is Lydi Rae but most nights I'll be co-op with my hubby because the new level cap has made him interested in the game again. I also loot-puked all over his mechromancer so he's totally enamored with his inventory.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Just in time for them to all become obsolete, eh? haha

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

Just in time for them to all become obsolete, eh? haha

They're still better than 99.99999% of the drops we're getting.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

That's certainly true. I'm almost 54 and I'm still using my slagga, norfleet, and shredifier.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Same, although my Norfleet sucks now. I've been using the Thunderball Fists and Blockhead pretty much, but I'm stuck at the gluttonous thresher in the Highlands now. His shields regenerate so quickly it's unreal.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
One UVHM change I noticed last night is that my favorite enemy is spawning loving everywhere now- the Scavenger! They have unreasonable amounts of health and steal poo poo off of the ground like dicks- I hate them. The worst is when you see them pick a good item off the ground and disappear it into their mystery bag forever. They are priority #1 whenever I notice the jerks- although you'll have all the other, easier-to-kill guys firing on you while you try to kill the one tough enemy it's worth it.

What if you saw one steal a Pearlescent item :smithicide:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Monkey Fracas posted:

One UVHM change I noticed last night is that my favorite enemy is spawning loving everywhere now- the Scavenger! They have unreasonable amounts of health and steal poo poo off of the ground like dicks- I hate them. The worst is when you see them pick a good item off the ground and disappear it into their mystery bag forever. They are priority #1 whenever I notice the jerks- although you'll have all the other, easier-to-kill guys firing on you while you try to kill the one tough enemy it's worth it.

What if you saw one steal a Pearlescent item :smithicide:

When they took all the thieves out of the bar brawl they must have just redistributed them all over the world instead of deleting them.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I noticed those scavengers and hate their shields. Trying to knock them down with an electric Lucid Trance and take them out with my Blockhead, but they still stay up way too long. For guys who sorta look like normal marauders, they're way more difficult.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
loving derp double post.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
oh yes, maxing two trees for mechromancer changes both deathtrap's head and glowing color. Ordered Chaos and BFF gives dt a yellow glow and a skull with a mohawk. :black101:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
All right so UVHM Commando build time. This is what I'm using for my ultimate run and what I recommend to other commando users who have the Legendary class mod.

Guerrilla Tree:
Sentry 5
Ready 3
Willing 5
Able 1
Scorched Earth 1
Onslaught 5
Grenadier 3
Crisis Management 2
Double Up 1

Gunpowder Tree:
Impact 3
Expertise 1

Survival Tree
Healthy 1
Preparation 5
Pressure 4
Forbearance 4
Phalanx Shield 1
Resourceful 4
Mag-Lock 1
Grit 5
Gemini 1

There's a couple of the skills where the points can be adjusted for different skill but, this is what I recommend.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
For those who have started UVHM, how insane are the Rabid Stalkers and Rabid Skags?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Beat the warrior on UVHM with my mechromancer :getin:

I recommend exploiting Brick when you start to finish Talon of God. Everything just kept blowing me up if I got too close.

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

burntpork posted:

Beat the warrior on UVHM with my mechromancer :getin:

I recommend exploiting Brick when you start to finish Talon of God. Everything just kept blowing me up if I got too close.

What build did you run with? I'm still in the early stages (just beat Boom Bewm), and started with a BFF heavy build (up to Discord in OC and 5 Gorillas in LBT), but with the buff to slag I'm trying out a LBT heavy for Interspersed Outburst, with OC still up to Discord with the rest points going to go into BFF. It seems to be going a little bit better, but I'm still struggling a bit (doesn't help I didn't farm TVHM at all and have zero Legendaries).

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Do the class mods get more points for the level 50+ variants?

Right now, I'm still rocking my level 50 mods (legendary one when I need to rely on my turret, and the expert grenadier when I don't), and haven't really seen anything better.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Donny J posted:

What build did you run with? I'm still in the early stages (just beat Boom Bewm), and started with a BFF heavy build (up to Discord in OC and 5 Gorillas in LBT), but with the buff to slag I'm trying out a LBT heavy for Interspersed Outburst, with OC still up to Discord with the rest points going to go into BFF. It seems to be going a little bit better, but I'm still struggling a bit (doesn't help I didn't farm TVHM at all and have zero Legendaries).
Even at lvl 50, legendaries/uniques are very useful.

lvl 58:
5/5 Close Enough
5/5 Better Half
4/5 Pony, 1/1 Upshot, 5/5 Unstoppable Force
1/1 Clap
5/5 20% Cooler
1/1 Sharing is Caring

1/1 Anarchy, 4/4 SLF
1/5 Preshrunk, 1/1 Rampage, 4/5 BSS
5/5 Annoyed Android, 1/1 Discord, 4/5 Iconoclast
1/1 Rational
3/5 Nth Degree
1/1 With Claws

My primary weapon is the Chulainn since everything that hits me already put me in FFYL mode.
Shock Pimpernel for sniping, DP Harold for anything that resists chuliann, and last slot is any shock moxxi weapon.

I use the Blackhole Shield for crowd control (for DT too), and Quasar for even more singularity madness.

edit: Class mod is Speedy Punk for the increase to fire rate and +4 to Annoyed Android which is a great buff to DT (+63% movement speed :unsmigghh:)

burntpork fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 4, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

abaddonis posted:

For those who have started UVHM, how insane are the Rabid Stalkers and Rabid Skags?

Very.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I played some UVHM on my siren solo, I didn't notice much difficulty difference from TVHM :shobon: Too bad siren seems to benefit the least form 11 more levels

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

I had an area that spawned about 6 rabid skags at once so you can imagine the chaos that unfolded.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Marogareh posted:

I had an area that spawned about 6 rabid skags at once so you can imagine the chaos that unfolded.

Not to mention the fact that the enemies scale to the level of whoever has the highest level, so everything was skull rank when you were in yesterday, that made things very interesting on my end.

As a side note, I'm finding UVHM far easier as Maya than Gaige, since I've pumped as many points as possible into skills that increase elemental effect chance and damage, Phaselock also auto slags everything in its radius too which is making things go fairly smoothly for me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Still not fixing splitscreen framerates on PS3. What a surprise. :argh:

• Locked thread