Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

What huge boobs?

Yeah, I was always kind of impressed that they didn't give female shepard huge boobs. It seemed like a touch of class in a world of oversexualized female everythings.

Then they went and gave her a little black dress to walk around in while captaining a warship (only if you wanted, but still, pretty dumb). Also Miranda. And Ashley in ME3. And EDI becoming a sexbot. And...well that's video games for you, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

rypakal posted:

Did I miss the option to get a default femshep in me1? I guess maybe you're talking the face you get when you first load the face modeler? That is not a default face like maleshep is. I went with mshep on my first playthrough primarily because his face didn't look like a monstrosity created in a face generator.

Yes it is. That is a custom mesh that is impossible to recreate using the face generator.

Edit: Femsheps's pencil arms have always bugged me. Would it have killed them to give her at least some muscle definition? This is a good example of what her body type should have looked like.

VirtualStranger fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 3, 2013

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was playing Mass Effect Genesis 2 and had some questions. In some of the forums people thought you can only romance Tali. But when I did it I could romance Miranda and Tali but not Jack. This leads me to believe with the right choices I could romance Jack. I was curious if anyone knew anything about this.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Then they went and gave her a little black dress to walk around in while captaining a warship (only if you wanted, but still, pretty dumb).

But lose that and you'd also lose the chance for amusingly inappropriate clothing choices for cutscenes. Like mediating a centuries-old conflict in a hoodie, or meeting the Lord Grand High Admiral of the Alliance and his honor guard in the lovely ME3 pleather dress.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Der Luftwaffle posted:

But lose that and you'd also lose the chance for amusingly inappropriate clothing choices for cutscenes. Like mediating a centuries-old conflict in a hoodie, or meeting the Lord Grand High Admiral of the Alliance and his honor guard in the lovely ME3 pleather dress.

I mean I dig the amusingly inappropriate clothing thing, that's fun, but I guess I'm just a little irked that female shepard's formalwear is so much skimpier than the male counterpart in a game that until then had been impressively equal and unsexualized. Though now I think about it, I guess women's IRL fashion sort of always is like that, so I don't really know what I'm expecting here.

At least we were spared male shepard in a speedo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I honestly forgot that dress was even an option, and now that I think about it the cutscene model for femshep and Ashley in ME1 was actually pretty good - she's still supermodel thin but she doesn't have huge fake ones like Miranda or Ashley in ME3. But the dress still makes her look bigger than she was in ME1.

It makes Ashley's complaint about being a "real girl" pretty loltastic.

I guess Bioware was never going to make "pro weightlifter Shepard" an option for femshep.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Yeah, it's the 22nd century, you'd think if you can gently caress a birdman you could wear something other than a cocktail dress as formalwear.

Basically Shep needs clothing customization like SR2 has. Down to your goddamn socks. :colbert:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Der Luftwaffle posted:

You actually can't wear the hoodie to the war summit, it's the one important meeting in the game where they actually force Shepard into their officer's uniform. I thought that was a nice touch actually, I tried showing up in the ridiculous vest outfit.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, it's the 22nd century, you'd think if you can gently caress a birdman you could wear something other than a cocktail dress as formalwear.

Basically Shep needs clothing customization like SR2 has. Down to your goddamn socks. :colbert:

The Sims: Mass Effect edition

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You actually can't wear the hoodie to the war summit, it's the one important meeting in the game where they actually force Shepard into their officer's uniform. I thought that was a nice touch actually, I tried showing up in the ridiculous vest outfit.

Goddammit I wasted a minute going up to the cabin to change outta my hoodie :mad:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Spikeguy posted:

I was playing Mass Effect Genesis 2 and had some questions. In some of the forums people thought you can only romance Tali. But when I did it I could romance Miranda and Tali but not Jack. This leads me to believe with the right choices I could romance Jack. I was curious if anyone knew anything about this.

I don't have any experience with it, but did you pick"stay true to your friends?" The video I watched did, and he only got Tali as an option. Maybe if you don't you get Miranda. Maybe you get Jack if you romances no one in the first game?

Also, I enjoyed mass effect genesis, despite its flaws, but hated that you couldn't skip past it if you wanted to. The wii u version of me3 lets you skip genesis 2 if you want. Does the pc version? I would be more inclined to get it if so.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

1st AD posted:

The Sims: Mass Effect edition

Goddammit I wasted a minute going up to the cabin to change outta my hoodie :mad:

I actually put the dress blues on because I didn't want to show up dressed as a slob!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

mastajake posted:

I don't have any experience with it, but did you pick"stay true to your friends?" The video I watched did, and he only got Tali as an option. Maybe if you don't you get Miranda. Maybe you get Jack if you romances no one in the first game?

Also, I enjoyed mass effect genesis, despite its flaws, but hated that you couldn't skip past it if you wanted to. The wii u version of me3 lets you skip genesis 2 if you want. Does the pc version? I would be more inclined to get it if so.

You can always just uninstall or rename the DLC folder to disable it.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I actually put the dress blues on because I didn't want to show up dressed as a slob!

I was wearing the dress blues all along since it always bothered me that in ME1 that dork Pressly was better dressed than the commanding officer of the ship.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Ugh, immersion ruined.

Ainsley McTree posted:

At least we were spared male shepard in a speedo

I would pay for this DLC, especially if it applied to the casual models in the recurring dream. Shepard chasing a kid through a forest only to find him with a copy of himself wearing nothing but a speedo and that creepy smile? Now that's a proper nightmare.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The officer uniform is mandatory to maintain that crucial Star Trek vibe.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah, I never noticed the female characters' horror movie twig arms that bend at the wrongest angles back when I was playing ME1, but with everything else looking so realistic in ME3 they stand out a lot.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Der Luftwaffle posted:

You best believe I worked my 100% Paragon wiles constantly in that hoodie. A friend said that his FemShep only switched into the dress when it was for :bigtran: sexy times :bigtran:

I definitely missed the color customization from ME2, though. I thought that was a really nice touch, getting to personalize your armor to make your Shep feel that much more like the Shep, as opposed to just being one of millions being played around the world. Even though I didn't really touch the DLC for ME2 and Citadel will always have a special place in my heart, I think ME2 is my favorite out of the three.

edit: Actually, 100% is a lie. I punch that one dick Quarian in the gut every single time.

reitetsu fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 4, 2013

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Armor customization in Mass Effect 3 is the same as in Mass Effect 2 except you actually get an additional option for color tinting

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah, I never noticed the female characters' horror movie twig arms that bend at the wrongest angles back when I was playing ME1, but with everything else looking so realistic in ME3 they stand out a lot.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the most unrealistic thing in ME3 has nothing to do with alien civilizations, artificial intelligence, or resurrection from the dead -- it's the fact that FemShep can do 200 pull-ups with those arms.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Ugh, immersion ruined.

I would pay for this DLC, especially if it applied to the casual models in the recurring dream. Shepard chasing a kid through a forest only to find him with a copy of himself wearing nothing but a speedo and that creepy smile? Now that's a proper nightmare.

You can do this with a modified Coalesced.bin on PC. I haven't done it personally but you can get underwear Shep options for casual AND combat outfits.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the most unrealistic thing in ME3 has nothing to do with alien civilizations, artificial intelligence, or resurrection from the dead -- it's the fact that FemShep can do 200 pull-ups with those arms.

You probably don't need gigantic biceps when you have bones of steel and skin and muscles made out of kevlar like Shepard does.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Sometimes I wonder if they modeled Shepard in her armor first and that's why she's such a stretchy horror outside of it.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

BrianWilly posted:

The thing that I kept noticing was how Shepards hands were textured. They are darkish and really veiny looking, sometimes the just looked bizarre there at the end of her dress blues sleeves. And when she does the fingers to ear comm thing, the bent fingers look like messed up balloons. Maybe she has different hands in a different outfit?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This might sound weird, but I was pretty impressed with femShep's knees when she wore the dress. As in, her legs really had a realistic texture definition. In Citadel, when she was wearing that dress, I was thinking 'wow, that model's leg art is actually really good'.

I'm weird, I guess. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rincewind posted:

I was wearing the dress blues all along since it always bothered me that in ME1 that dork Pressly was better dressed than the commanding officer of the ship.

Number 2 has to try harder than Number 1 :smug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seemlar posted:

You probably don't need gigantic biceps when you have bones of steel and skin and muscles made out of kevlar like Shepard does.

But that's just going to make pull-ups harder!

Based on every big guy I've ever seen in the gym I guarantee Jimmy Vega couldn't actually do more than 10 pull ups if his life depended on it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

skoolmunkee posted:

The thing that I kept noticing was how Shepards hands were textured. They are darkish and really veiny looking, sometimes the just looked bizarre there at the end of her dress blues sleeves. And when she does the fingers to ear comm thing, the bent fingers look like messed up balloons. Maybe she has different hands in a different outfit?

I'm not sure but the hand textures for that outfit might be the same as Hackett/Anderson's hands since those are the only other characters wearing their dress blues :gonk:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

sassassin posted:

But that's just going to make pull-ups harder!

Based on every big guy I've ever seen in the gym I guarantee Jimmy Vega couldn't actually do more than 10 pull ups if his life depended on it.

Much less, what, 160? 180? Plus, the fact that that "mini game" got you nothing made me rather annoyed. My boyfriend made fun of me the entire 15-20 minutes it took.

But then my FemShep slept with Vega at the end of the party so it was all good. :v:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

morcant posted:

But then my FemShep slept with Vega at the end of the party so it was all good. :v:

I keep hearing that Citadel is really good but every specific thing I hear about it sounds like such awful fanwanky poo poo.

Craig Spradlin
Apr 6, 2009

Right in the babymaker.

sassassin posted:

I keep hearing that Citadel is really good but every specific thing I hear about it sounds like such awful fanwanky poo poo.

My Shepard didn't sleep with anyone, so I can't speak to that part, but the rest of it is pretty great and really funny.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

morcant posted:

Much less, what, 160? 180? Plus, the fact that that "mini game" got you nothing made me rather annoyed. My boyfriend made fun of me the entire 15-20 minutes it took.

Ahh, but you missed out on waking up with Javik instead.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

sassassin posted:

That only happens in very specific circumstances, and yes the scene is as bad as you think it is.

Overall though it's a very good DLC and you should definitely buy it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Using the debug outfits from Gibbed's save editor is pretty hilarious. Shepard in wrecked armour being all ~romantic~ with his or her space lover.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 4, 2013

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Ahh, but you missed out on waking up with Javik instead.

Actually, I hosed up on the first playthrough, so that's exactly what happened to me. :mad: Then a friend told me what I'd missed, and so I did a second playthrough.

The most hilarious part was how Vega totally shot Shep down, and then was like "Oh hey let me take off my shirt and show you my sick ink. C'mon, guy! :argh:

1st AD posted:

That only happens in very specific circumstances, and yes the scene is as bad as you think it is.

Overall though it's a very good DLC and you should definitely buy it.

It really is a great DLC. I pursued that particular option because I was sad it wasn't actually in ME3 proper, and it was kinda... Well, at least it was an option, anyways.

But after the ME3 ending, it was a definite pick-me-up, and a wonderful send-off for the trilogy, I thought.

On the subject of DLC as well, I was really, really glad I bought and finished Leviathan before getting anywhere near the last mission. I think it helped with all the :psyduck: at the end.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008
Just finished ME3. The whole trilogy took a shy of around three months to finish and I gotta say, goddamn... Just popping the first ME disc in again and hearing that menu music makes me feel a strange mix of bitter sweetness, familiarity, excitement... And I kinda feel grateful for getting my hands on the trilogy instead of playing one game, and then waiting like two years for the other one and then the last one. I can't imagine all the hype and waiting that had to have been involved for those who started the ME trilogy from the very launch day of the first title. I haven't even heard of this Mass Effect thing until the trilogy came out and I was looking for another game to trade-in and I thought "Why the hell not, three games in one!"

And beating the game, I thought I earned the right to enter the spoiler thread and what.the.gently caress? Over 1400 pages :stare:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Kringy posted:

Just finished ME3. The whole trilogy took a shy of around three months to finish and I gotta say, goddamn... Just popping the first ME disc in again and hearing that menu music makes me feel a strange mix of bitter sweetness, familiarity, excitement... And I kinda feel grateful for getting my hands on the trilogy instead of playing one game, and then waiting like two years for the other one and then the last one. I can't imagine all the hype and waiting that had to have been involved for those who started the ME trilogy from the very launch day of the first title. I haven't even heard of this Mass Effect thing until the trilogy came out and I was looking for another game to trade-in and I thought "Why the hell not, three games in one!"

And beating the game, I thought I earned the right to enter the spoiler thread and what.the.gently caress? Over 1400 pages :stare:

Over 1400 pages of people whining about the ending over and over.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Fangz posted:

Over 1400 pages of people whining about the ending over and over.

For good reason!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

sassassin posted:

That particular part makes Shepard look like even more of a creep than when she would talk to Jacob in ME2. Citadel is basically Fanservice: The DLC but it's mostly good, fun fanservice.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Kringy posted:

I know exactly what you mean - I played ME1 and ME2 in two consecutive weekends about a month ago, and went a bit slower on ME3, but still finished it about in two weeks. I thought something was buggy when I first started ME1 and couldn't get it to fit properly on my TV-monitor but then I realized - ME1 came out so long ago it wasn't in HD. :stare:

(Or maybe I'm complete :downs: and couldn't find the proper configuration, but I did look for a good couple minutes.)

And somehow, I managed to avoid all ME spoilers along the entire development cycle, aside from knowing that a lot of people were very upset about the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

morcant posted:

I know exactly what you mean - I played ME1 and ME2 in two consecutive weekends about a month ago, and went a bit slower on ME3, but still finished it about in two weeks. I thought something was buggy when I first started ME1 and couldn't get it to fit properly on my TV-monitor but then I realized - ME1 came out so long ago it wasn't in HD. :stare:

(Or maybe I'm complete :downs: and couldn't find the proper configuration, but I did look for a good couple minutes.)

And somehow, I managed to avoid all ME spoilers along the entire development cycle, aside from knowing that a lot of people were very upset about the ending.

On PC the display configuration is hosed up and 1080p isn't a default resolution in that game, you have to go to some other 16:9 resolution and then 1080p will be available. On XBox, good luck as I think that game is locked at 720p or standard def.

• Locked thread