Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Started my new full time permanent job today! :woop: First day went well, a couple hours into my shift my boss pulled me in the office to talk. I had no idea what was up, but it was good news - in her words, "We brought you in to get your foot in the door. We know you can do this job but we can see more potential in you and want to keep you around for a long time to help you learn and progress in your career. We also haven't had someone who's been able to take the lead and sort of manage our evening shift, and we all think you can definitely be a good role model. I'm excited and happy that you accepted our offer, but again...I see this as a jumping-off point for you, I can tell you have what it takes to move up the ladder and prosper."

It honestly felt great to hear someone say that...I've had a lot of other past jobs where managers might say "good job" or "you've got potential", but any time I'd bring up the possibility of learning more about different areas and teams (especially the networking side of things), I always got some kind of excuse about how there wasn't time, or it was too busy or understaffed, or in some cases, it was a temp/contract job that never turned into anything permanent. Having a boss that understands my desire to learn and experience more, and who has zero problems letting me meet with people in other groups and teams to gain more knowledge, is definitely exciting and makes me feel better about myself and the job I'll be doing. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I found the wool I need to finish the nyan cat scarf I'm making! Also I got my first commission, a friend wants me to make him a longcat scarf using the same general pattern and design. I am so glad I learned to crochet.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
After two grueling months of training, I finally got to start work at my new job. Everyone's been extremely friendly so far and I really look forward to working tomorrow, hopefully on more than three hours of sleep.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Went out on my lunch break today and picked up the last copy of BioShock Infinite that Walmart had in stock :woop: installing now, can't wait to play!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
My best friend in the world, since before we were even teenagers, came up to visit for the first time in years yesterday.

Had a loving great time, and we get to hang out until friday playing video games, smoking weed, watching movies and hanging out like the old days.

Even went and bought the new bioshock game so we can tag team it and play through it together.

P. much best week ever.

Johnny Got His Gunt
Aug 19, 2008

I can't stop thinking about Dr. House's huge, throbbing...diagnostic skills.
I was having a chest x-ray and I had all the nurses around me agape/in horror with me describing all the horrible things that happen in American Psycho.

Sad part is, they probably see things x times worse than I described to them.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Great catch!

My day was awesome because I found a place that has amazing tacos I can order from 24/7. :neckbeard:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pew! Pew! posted:

Great catch!

The less awesome part comes afterward.

When you have throw a delicious snapper back. Because National Marine Fisheries are a giant group of dumbshits that can't properly count a fish population.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

Went on this thing called a Grouper last night. Basically they take three guys that are friends and pair them with three girls that are friends and send them on a happy-hour group date thing. The girls we met up with were really a lot of fun and we had a great time. More importantly I hit it off really well with one of them and we're going on a date Saturday.

To follow up on this, the girl is just amazing. We've seen each other in some fashion every day since last Thursday and I'm loving it. She's smart and witty and absolutely beautiful. I've never gone from 0 to 60 with a girl like this but I'm really liking her a lot.

And what's better is I think she feels the same way about me. She told me last night that she appreciated and respected me as a person after we had a long, unexpected talk about our pasts and who we are and where we came from. It's such a simple compliment but it's probably the best, most meaningful compliment I've ever gotten.

I know it's only been a few days but I can't get her off my mind. I'm really excited about it and don't want to mess it up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AltoidsAddict posted:

I am now the size I was when I graduated college for the first time. I have taken off all the weight I've put on in this century. I have one more size to go until my original goal weight and size, but you know what? My body can do more if I just continue to work at it.

This is awesome. Congratulations. :)

In related news, the pants I bought to replace the pants I had that were way too loose are now loose themselves. Weight looosssss!!! :argh:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Usually today would be the day where I go "meh, I have to go back to work tomorrow," but I am OFF until April 15th so now I can go take a nap and do whatever I want.

Also, exercised like a hellbeast with my trainer and I'm feeling accomplished for the day.

Johnny Got His Gunt
Aug 19, 2008

I can't stop thinking about Dr. House's huge, throbbing...diagnostic skills.
I got a sit down appointment with my doctor. I bought the new Tiger Lawyer/Batman comic, I took some amazing pictures and now I'm relaxing post-delicious dinner.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've bought a load of snacks and beer so I can go with my original plan of spending all of Sunday watching pro wrestling.

kells
Mar 19, 2009
After 5 weeks we finally got our internet connected!!!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
It happened yesterday, technically, but I got a promotion at work.

I'm now officially a Biomedical Technician II.

Take that, all you schlubs stuck at Biomedcal Technician I. :smuggo:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Been up not ten minutes and I found out that against all odds I qualified for not only my work stakeholders cheque but also will be getting about $200 more than I was told the maximum would be for me!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
In about 5 hours I get the keys to the new house I'm renting. I haven't lived in an actual house in over 20 years, this is going to be strange and awesome!

I have a 3 day weekend so I can move.

I'm picking up my dog on Sunday.

And today was free sandwiches at work!

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
Bought my twin brother Bioshock: Infinite today for our birthday, and it turns out he bought me a copy of the game as MY birthday gift. For once we agree on something: Bioshock is great. :3:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I keep posting about weight loss. I weighed in at 199 today and am below 200 pounds for the first time in my adult life.

If that weren't enough, I have an awesome wife and a bunch of beer in the fridge. We're going out to breakfast tomorrow morning and then playing D&D with some friends on Sunday. It's just a lot of little stuff, but I look at my life and I'm seriously happy right now. :unsmith:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Didn't die.

QueenQuintessence
Dec 26, 2012
I found out that I am a distant cousin of a poet I really admire.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I took a nap, and the dream from said nap ended with a plush My Little Pony with the voice of a man yelling "Someday I will be an infant in every respect!" and headbutting a laptop.

I woke up laughing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Played some Bioshock Infinite, took apart my old busted futon, and assembled the new one. Now relaxing on said new futon. Also looking forward to Mania this weekend.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Spring Break begins today!

Also, my 8-week U.S. History class ended today and I passed with high marks. :woop:

EtchaSketch
Jul 17, 2002
The girl can lay as flat as possible while still getting the hole to your dick, thus elevating her ass slightly. Then, tuck in your abs and extend your tongue to the clit/surrounding areas.
My insurance approved me for in patient rehab and my work gave me the leave of absence I need to take advantage of it without losing my job.

....hooray?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ran into one of my friends/co-workers who I haven't seen in a while, and she gave me a hug without me even asking :3:

E: Actually, more to the point this weekend was my grad program's recruiting weekend so I got to hang out with a bunch of my friends who I won't see again in a couple months because I'm leaving for a new job. It's sad but I got to hang out with them again and tell prospective students why I love this program so much :unsmith:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Apr 7, 2013

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Awesome week, actually. Was with my folks last weekend, eating well (read: out) and doing fun things like watching movies and basketball.

Mother-in-law was here for the last few days and we also ate well and did fun things like watching movies. Since my wife had to leave early this morning for a social engagement, I spent most of the day with her mom, which went exactly as expected (read: hanging out in our own spaces, getting poo poo done, until we got hungry and wandered to the mall for lunch and browsing). She left early, too, realizing we still don't know each other well enough to make a true day of it.

Now I have been browsing the Internet and watching cartoons for the last four hours, realizing that I really wanted more R&R because I am in a bit of a rut at work and need to gear up to take on an upcoming exam and various other projects. It is glorious.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
My new Tarantula has been really cute today.

That's enough for me.

Sean_Miller posted:

Bad rear end phone sex too bad I nut all over myself.

edit: who the gently caress gave me this avatar

That one goon that is a Dog Rapist has been giving that avatar to people.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finished my taxes today and I'm going to profit almost $500 from them :toot:

Also went belt-shopping today for an upcoming job interview, and every belt in the store was on sale so I got two for the price of one :toot:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I moved this weekend into my new place. Living in a house is great!

The new dog and the resident cats are getting along fine. I made awesome chicken enchiladas for dinner last night. My boyfriend and I are apparently disgustingly cute together according to some of our friends.

The past few days have been awesome, sure, but life in general is also pretty damned good.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Got free ice cream because it's free-cone-day, bitches. :btroll:

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
There was nothing on the books for work today so I got to watch Let's Plays for seven hours and get paid for it. Then I sailed through my workout. I feel great.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I got my ears pierced by my friend who is apprenticing at a local shop. :woop: I want more!

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
Technically it happened yesterday but I'm still pretty thrilled, had a job interview at a really awesome tea room, that might actually be my favourite place in the world, it's upstairs in an antique centre which is full of awesome stuff.
Anyway, when I got to the interview I was offered the job straight away! I start on Monday, they're going to teach me how to bake all their delicious cakes, and I get to serve little old ladies all day!
And as an added bonus I just remembered I have some bacon in the fridge that needs using, so I'm going to make myself a fry up.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I joined a gym two days ago. This morning I went for a basic health checkup - they give you a score out of 100 to determine your overall fitness level. Since I'm fairly sedentary and eat a lot of junk food, I was expecting a score in the low 50s.

I got 62, and they told me that if I quit smoking (which I plan on doing), then within 6 months I can bump that score up to 77. :woop:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got a B on my Chinese exam. :toot:

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
We've just got fiberoptic broadband installed!

Feels good with a 30/30 Mbit connection :D

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo

Just got out of a meeting with my adviser. A project I was doing in another class for her class is something that has never been done before. In fact, if I pull the correct research together, I can have a contribution credit to a journal by the time I graduate.

I loving love archaeology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I moved out almost all of my crap from my unused-for-six-months apartment to start a sublease from a friend of my boyfriend, who paid me double what I asked for the first month and is super chill about the whole process. The Two Men and a Truck movers were really cool dudes too, and then I had a calzone that was okay and now I'm going to fix my desktop to play some video games and I'm just feeling so productive I can't loving stand it.