Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

rectal cushion posted:

Yeah that style of carrier is not optimal for baby's hips. My daughter has hip dysplasia and her orthopedist specifically told us to NOT use that kind of carrier. That being said, a kid without any hip problems isn't going to get damaged from moderate use of a babybjørn. If he has undiscovered dysplasia it can be worsened by being carried like that. Undiscovered dysplasia is rare because all babies are screened for it, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

Screening doesn't catch all problems. My son's was not evident through normal screening, it wasn't discovered until 15 months when he had an x-ray for an unrelated issue. He has since had 2 major surgeries to address the problem. It's definitely something to be concerned about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

iwik posted:

I have a wrap-style carrier without the hassle - a Baby K'Tan which is pretty easy to use and the little man likes it. It's similar to a wrap in the way you can use it umpteen different ways, but there isn't a thousand feet of fabric to contend with.

Wow, this looks awesome!

Can I ask what size you've got? I'm (well, used to be) an XS/S, and they say on the website to choose a smaller size if you're unsure, but I've had mixed luck with that in the past, and the closest actual store to me that sells them is in Germany.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Fionnoula posted:

Screening doesn't catch all problems. My son's was not evident through normal screening, it wasn't discovered until 15 months when he had an x-ray for an unrelated issue. He has since had 2 major surgeries to address the problem. It's definitely something to be concerned about.

Yes, definitely.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Sockmuppet posted:

Wow, this looks awesome!

Can I ask what size you've got? I'm (well, used to be) an XS/S, and they say on the website to choose a smaller size if you're unsure, but I've had mixed luck with that in the past, and the closest actual store to me that sells them is in Germany.

I would definitely choose the smaller size from my experience with the Baby K'Tan.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Papercut posted:

Ours hated HATED the Ergo Sport when he was younger, and even now it fits him really awkwardly even with the infant insert. He's not a small guy or anything, and the instructions show a baby with its legs hanging out the sides, but his legs just don't splay wide enough to do that.

Structured carriers tend to be too wide to use feet-out in the first months in my experience, but they are super awesome later.

Speaking of hip health and carriers, my daughter's orthopedist speaks very warmly of wraps. Carrying a baby like you do in a wrap, facing the wearer with legs spread and knees higher than the butt puts them in the exact same position that is used to treat hip dysplasia, and she told us we can remove the Frejka pillow and wear her as much as we want to! In fact, in cultures where wearing babies in wraps is common, the prevalence of hip dysplasia is really really low.

e: this link is useful: http://www.hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/prevention/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

bilabial trill fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 4, 2013

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

Sockmuppet posted:

Wow, this looks awesome!

I went by the size chart they have on their site, they also have the European sizing and because I'm a bit of a chunky monkey I bought the L.

I'd definitely go for a smaller size if you're sort of midway between two sizes. The cotton has a bit of give to it, so it feels a mite snug when you first put it on then it relaxes a little - a bit like jeans, heh.
You're supposed to base it on your pre-pregnancy size, so if your upper body is still a size 4 - minus belly - you'd get the XS.

It's quite comfy to wear and really easy to use. The boy is quite comfy in it too.

I bought mine from that US site and the carrier plus shipping ended up being less than buying it through an Australian site (which had very few sizes & colour choices, none of which what I wanted). There weren't any stores nearby for me to try them on either. I got it in 4 days which I thought was astounding, considering most things take 2 weeks to get to here from there.

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
I had my son Aaron early Tuesday morning via emergency c-section after a failed induction for reduced amniotic fluid that showed up my scan at my routine appointment. I was 4 days overdue. Definitely not what I was expecting, but he is safe and healthy and that's all that matters.

Molly Bloom
Nov 9, 2006

Yes.
Congrats! Good to hear you're both safe and sound.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

http://www.babywearingschool.com/babycarriers101.htm Here is some great information on how to choose a good carrier. You should avoid carriers that are labeled as "crotch danglers" in that the baby has no hip support. The baby's legs should be splayed and his knees should be slightly above his hips for optimal support for baby. Almost all front facing carriers are not ideal for baby, but if you're not doing any baby wearing for an extended period of time (ie, just for chores around the house) it shouldn't be an issue. I know we have at least one baby wearing expert here on the forums (she is an instructor for the Chicago area) so I'll see if I can get her to chime in on some of her favorites if I can.

The only thing about the k-tan is that it's not a structured carrier. However, if you want an easy to use wrap-like carrier (which, honestly I preferred a wrap carrier for the first 3 months as it provides some necessary support when baby can't fully support themselves) it is a good choice - especially if you're intimidated by a wrap. It may help to look in to your area and see if there's a baby wearing group (which can also be a great way to meet new people for playdates and whatnot).

Sorry, lots of edits. The person I had in mind doesn't know if she can access her account so I'm parroting some things she's saying.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 4, 2013

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Thank you! I'll go for XS for me and M for the husband. It looks just great for our needs :)

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Sockmuppet posted:

Thank you! I'll go for XS for me and M for the husband. It looks just great for our needs :)

Realize your baby will likely grow out of it by 15lbs as it becomes really droopy. Maaaaybe 20lbs if you're lucky.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
There's also a safer and more comfortable option (for everyone--outward facing is less comfortable for the parent's back as well) in the Beco Gemini. It's the only carrier to safely face both inward and outward. I don't have one, but there were times when I was walking with him at the zoo, which doesn't have high chairs, and it would've been nice to switch him outward for lunch instead of balancing him on my lap and trying to feed him at the same time.

I LOVE my Ergo classic. It's the model that's more comfortable for short people (it fits taller ones too, but the sport is a little too big for shorties, I hear). I used it with the infant booster pillow up until this winter, when I started using a stroller only because I wanted a place to stuff our coats and bags when we were walking around. I'm a little clumsy and never managed a back carry without help with the Ergo, so I just got a Beco Butterfly II, which has a little harness to hold baby in place so it's easier to back carry. I love it!

edit: Here's him at 7ish months asleep in the Ergo at the zoo

and at almost 14 months, his first time in back carry in the Beco Butterfly II (at 23 lbs)

I found the Beco a little more comfortable in back carry, because for some reason the chest clip doesn't feel uncomfortable across my chest. The Ergo squashed me a little.

Ben Davis fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 4, 2013

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Ben Davis posted:

I'm a little clumsy and never managed a back carry without help with the Ergo, so I just got a Beco Butterfly II, which has a little harness to hold baby in place so it's easier to back carry. I love it!

I just got a Beco Butterfly II as well for my toddler and LOVE it. The Ergo back carry always terrified me, but the Beco is so easy.

We used the K'Tan until he was five or six months (yes, get the smaller size) and then switched to an Ergo. I still use the Ergo for quick stuff when I don't want to take the extra ten seconds to snap him into the Butterfly's harness.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

skeetied posted:

I just got a Beco Butterfly II as well for my toddler and LOVE it. The Ergo back carry always terrified me, but the Beco is so easy.

We used the K'Tan until he was five or six months (yes, get the smaller size) and then switched to an Ergo. I still use the Ergo for quick stuff when I don't want to take the extra ten seconds to snap him into the Butterfly's harness.

I've heard that the only other carrier that does the same thing is Olives and Applesauce, and they're shutting down soon :(

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

skeetied posted:

We used the K'Tan until he was five or six months (yes, get the smaller size) and then switched to an Ergo.

We just need something easy and light-weight for the first 4-5 months, I have no intention of wearing the poor kid through a Norwegian winter when she's that young, and by the time spring rolls around we'll be in the market for a bigger carrier anyway, so it really does sound perfect for us despite the drawbacks :)

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Sockmuppet posted:

We just need something easy and light-weight for the first 4-5 months, I have no intention of wearing the poor kid through a Norwegian winter when she's that young, and by the time spring rolls around we'll be in the market for a bigger carrier anyway, so it really does sound perfect for us despite the drawbacks :)

I wore my kid all through his first winter, he's born in August. I just dressed him warmly (wool!) and wore a jacket big enough to zip over him.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

rectal cushion posted:

I wore my kid all through his first winter, he's born in August. I just dressed him warmly (wool!) and wore a jacket big enough to zip over him.

Oh, I just kind of figured she'd suffocate in there - I'm really chilly, and can't imagine how I'd combine babywearing with massive-woolly-scarf-wearing.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Sockmuppet posted:

Oh, I just kind of figured she'd suffocate in there - I'm really chilly, and can't imagine how I'd combine babywearing with massive-woolly-scarf-wearing.
Hehe. I worried about that too but I wore a sweater that was snug around my neck and a smaller scarf.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Oh, I forgot to mention this but if you want a cheap Ergo Marshall's/TJ Maxx have started carrying them. Just another place to keep in mind!

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Ben Davis posted:

There's also a safer and more comfortable option (for everyone--outward facing is less comfortable for the parent's back as well) in the Beco Gemini. It's the only carrier to safely face both inward and outward. I don't have one, but there were times when I was walking with him at the zoo, which doesn't have high chairs, and it would've been nice to switch him outward for lunch instead of balancing him on my lap and trying to feed him at the same time.

I LOVE my Ergo classic. It's the model that's more comfortable for short people (it fits taller ones too, but the sport is a little too big for shorties, I hear). I used it with the infant booster pillow up until this winter, when I started using a stroller only because I wanted a place to stuff our coats and bags when we were walking around. I'm a little clumsy and never managed a back carry without help with the Ergo, so I just got a Beco Butterfly II, which has a little harness to hold baby in place so it's easier to back carry. I love it!

edit: Here's him at 7ish months asleep in the Ergo at the zoo

and at almost 14 months, his first time in back carry in the Beco Butterfly II (at 23 lbs)

I found the Beco a little more comfortable in back carry, because for some reason the chest clip doesn't feel uncomfortable across my chest. The Ergo squashed me a little.

I have a Beco Gemini and I looooove it. My daughter (currently 12 months old) wasn't a big fan when she was itty bitty but since she turned about 4 months old I have used it constantly. My two year old son is an escape artist, so I don't know what I would have done without the carrier to get them both in and out of the car when I'm by myself. I just get Avery out of her carseat and strap her to me in the Gemini and I have both hands free to wrangle Jack. Totally invaluable when grocery shopping at a store that doesnt have carts that can manage two kids too. Avery doesn't mind being carried facing in (in fact she likes the snuggly feeling, I think), but when Jack was a baby he would not have it. He was probably about 6 months old when we got the carrier, and I carried him facing forward for maybe a month until I got the hang of the hip carry. Now that Avery is walking and is a little more timid and easier to handle than Jack, I might try him in a back carry some time...

What I'm trying to say is the Beco Gemini is awesome, I've been using mine for 2 years between two kids and have no intention of putting it away anytime soon. My best friend is having a baby tomorrow (she also has a 20-month-old) and I have one on order for her as well. I Recommend it to everyone, but especially if you have two little ones close in age. I can't imagine having to whip out that gigantic double stroller everywhere we go, yeesh.

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!
Well, THAT didn't go quite as planned. Was induced as scheduled, but did not dilate really at all, and with each contraction, Rory's heartrate went down. So, emergency c-section. That went well, though! I even got an upgrade to a private room/quarantine because of my mystery diarrhea, which is still going a week strong and there are no labs back, but they felt confident enough to let me and the little dude home today. I don't know, I think we made a pretty cute baby :3:

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
Sorry for the double post, apparently I can't edit from the awful app at the moment, but here is a picture of my husband wearing Jack (facing forward) in the Beco Gemini when we first got it.

You can kinda see that the way it holds him is more like in a seated position instead of just dangling from the crotch. The guitar design was a custom addition using Paxbaby.com and their "pimp my carrier" option.

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
Thanks Molly and congrats Dandy! Same scenario with me. As soon as I heard "induction" I knew it would probably end in an emergency c. Your little one is adorable :3:

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

It's amazing the sheer amount of "emergency c-sections" we're seeing these last few pages because of inductions. An induction is great if you stall during labor or if medically necessary (GD, high risk pregnancy, etc). I had to be induced twice. However, each time, my body was already in active labor so it worked out well for me. Here's some great information to bring up to your doctor if he/she mentions induction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_score I wish OBs were more forthcoming with information about inductions. Also wish information was more readily available.

My daughter's heart rate also went down and the cord was around her neck. That poo poo can be scary, for sure. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery, Dandy!

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
How much time do you normally get for your babies to turn? Currently I'm 18w2d x2 and I've got a bunkbed style arrangement going on. Obviously that isn't going to work out if I'm trying to avoid a c-section at all costs. It seems like a big shift for both of them to turn together 90 degrees in order to be the right way down, and pretty soon they are going to be running out of room which I can't imagine will make it any easier.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

my daughter turned at 32 weeks. Obviously she had more room, though :P

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Okay you guys have convinced me, I just ordered a Beco Gemini and will see how it goes. Good thing is it can be easily returned if he hates it.

Also agree with bamzilla about the inductions. I don't judge anyone about their labor experience, because despite going to extraordinary lengths my wife ended up getting an emergency c-section after 24 hours of natural labor. But make sure you do your homework about inductions and the use of pitocin before going in. And if possible get an experienced doula to advocate on your behalf.

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
I posted about my emergency c-section in here (I think) a while back because mine wasn't a result of any problem of mine like induction problems or high BP or baby heartrate dipping but because during natural labor I stopped dialating and was stuck at 6cm for 12+ hours. When they cut me open they saw she was transverse and stuck on my hip. It was really frustrating for me because I thought they would have been able to tell or check and understand that was why she wasn't descending.

My mom thinks they made some huge errors in not noticing it and just giving me a c-section. She's told me multiple times that I should have sued the hospital but I think she's a little extreme about it. I don't know if anyone else ended up with a situation like mine but I really, really want to have a natural birth with my second child (not pregnant yet, waiting til my first is at least 18 months to make it even more possible) and I'm worried that something similar will happen again. Am I going to be high risk now? I know it's possible to have a VBAC and I've read a little about it but if anyone here has any experience with it I'd love to know anything that will make it more likely that I can have one. Recovery from the c-section was HORRIBLE and I do not want to go through it again.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Dandy Shrew he's adorable :3: Despite already trying to pick his nose (kidding!)

e; I have no idea what position my kid is in, is it normal for my Dr to not say much about that by this point? (28, almost 29 weeks?) I guess I'll ask at my next appointment.

UltraGrey fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 4, 2013

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

car dance posted:

I posted about my emergency c-section in here (I think) a while back because mine wasn't a result of any problem of mine like induction problems or high BP or baby heartrate dipping but because during natural labor I stopped dialating and was stuck at 6cm for 12+ hours. When they cut me open they saw she was transverse and stuck on my hip. It was really frustrating for me because I thought they would have been able to tell or check and understand that was why she wasn't descending.

My mom thinks they made some huge errors in not noticing it and just giving me a c-section. She's told me multiple times that I should have sued the hospital but I think she's a little extreme about it. I don't know if anyone else ended up with a situation like mine but I really, really want to have a natural birth with my second child (not pregnant yet, waiting til my first is at least 18 months to make it even more possible) and I'm worried that something similar will happen again. Am I going to be high risk now? I know it's possible to have a VBAC and I've read a little about it but if anyone here has any experience with it I'd love to know anything that will make it more likely that I can have one. Recovery from the c-section was HORRIBLE and I do not want to go through it again.

A friend of mine is due any day and doing the whole VBAC thing. Honestly, there are a lot of factors to consider. In your situation it sounds like you could potentially be a good candidate since it was positioning and not a physiological thing. I will tell you now, you could potentially have a hard time finding a doctor (if you're in the states, anyway) who will do a VBAC. I know she had to go to a practice about 45 minutes out of our town at a University Hospital. I think it also depends on the type of scar you have from your c-section. I hope someone with more experience can chime in cause I'm actually pretty interested to know this, as well.

Also, I hope I'm not coming off as judge-y. I just honestly wish we had more information and the first reaction of OBs with any complication wasn't just "WELP, C-SECTION TIME!". It's a huge issue here in the states due to liability, I think. Maybe a doctor can chime in, though. I forced myself to do a lot more research during my second pregnancy in regards to inductions and became more aware of situations when I was diagnosed with GD. So, I asked a lot of questions.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

car dance posted:

This is pretty similar to what happened to us. We got to the hospital with my wife at 8cm and ~90% effacement. About an hour after that, they had her start pushing. She pushed for ~4-5 hours with basically no change in station, and that included at one point the doctor reaching up into her to try to manually reposition baby. Even though neither the baby's nor her vital signs showed anything worrying, they eventually were just like, "you can either get a c-section or we can try to vacuum assist and if that fails then do the c-section, but either way you're getting an epidural." The vacuum assist failed and so after all of that she ended up with the surgery. Even though her OBGYN had said the baby was in a perfect position all the way through the final checkup, he ended up transverse and stuck on her pelvis.

No idea about the VBAC, we would love to go that way as well but I know the success rate is very low.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Greycious posted:

Dandy Shrew he's adorable :3: Despite already trying to pick his nose (kidding!)

e; I have no idea what position my kid is in, is it normal for my Dr to not say much about that by this point? (28, almost 29 weeks?) I guess I'll ask at my next appointment.

Nah, it wasn't until week 30-something that my doctor said anything about position.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

Greycious posted:

Kiddo can still move around quite a lot at 29 weeks so there's not much point in mentioning it - that was my doctor's attitude, although they told me if I asked.

jota23
Nov 18, 2010

"I don't think..."
"Then you shouldn't talk," said the Hatter."

car dance posted:

Am I going to be high risk now? I know it's possible to have a VBAC and I've read a little about it but if anyone here has any experience with it I'd love to know anything that will make it more likely that I can have one. Recovery from the c-section was HORRIBLE and I do not want to go through it again.

I had a VBAC after delivering two breach twins via c-section. The first factor is the incision line. If it was the horizontal bikini line, then you have a good chance. if it was the vertical incision down your belly, then you are not a candidate.

Assuming you are a candidate, the first VBAC is considered a normal pregnancy, but a high risk delivery. There will be all sorts of monitoring. They need to make sure the incision from the first c-section holds. if it doesn't, it will be an emergency c-section and every pregnancy thereafter will have to be a c-section. If it does, then they treat all future pregnancies as standard deliveries.

I appreciate the fact that all three of us would have likely died due to both twins being breach and both having their umbilical cords wrapped around them. I am also glad that since my next pregnancy was completely routine, I was able to have a routine birth. I recommend trying for the VBAC, but expect there to be a lot of hovering and monitoring.

New Weave Wendy
Mar 11, 2007

Papercut posted:

This is pretty similar to what happened to us. We got to the hospital with my wife at 8cm and ~90% effacement. About an hour after that, they had her start pushing. She pushed for ~4-5 hours with basically no change in station, and that included at one point the doctor reaching up into her to try to manually reposition baby. Even though neither the baby's nor her vital signs showed anything worrying, they eventually were just like, "you can either get a c-section or we can try to vacuum assist and if that fails then do the c-section, but either way you're getting an epidural." The vacuum assist failed and so after all of that she ended up with the surgery. Even though her OBGYN had said the baby was in a perfect position all the way through the final checkup, he ended up transverse and stuck on her pelvis.

No idea about the VBAC, we would love to go that way as well but I know the success rate is very low.

VBAC actually can have a success rate of 60-80% (according to the American Pregnancy Association). The challenge is trying to find a doctor/hospital that supports it, since a lot of hospitals don't allow them for liability reasons. APA's website has a ton of information, including which factors make a person a good candidate for VBAC or not:

http://americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/vbac.html

I'm only 15 weeks with my first one (oh hi, thread!), so I don't have any firsthand experience, I just have been reading a lot about natural childbirth hoping to go that route and VBAC tends to come up in the literature.

Dandy Shrew, that's a very cute baby!!

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

bamzilla posted:

Also, I hope I'm not coming off as judge-y. I just honestly wish we had more information and the first reaction of OBs with any complication wasn't just "WELP, C-SECTION TIME!". It's a huge issue here in the states due to liability, I think. Maybe a doctor can chime in, though. I forced myself to do a lot more research during my second pregnancy in regards to inductions and became more aware of situations when I was diagnosed with GD. So, I asked a lot of questions.

I'm a veterinarian, so there are a lot of obvious differences between my experience and that of an OB. I only see patients in labor when there are complications, I have way more training in surgical sterilization or intervention than I do in normal reproduction, and dogs and cats bounce back from major surgery insanely fast and well. I do wonder if the extra training in surgery/lack of training in normal repro is actually similar to MDs? Anyway, I work in a small animal general practice, I see a patient in labor every 2-3 months, and in most cases I've recommended and performed a c-section. There's always a quantifiable reason--the puppies are too big to fit, their heart rates are too low, etc, but it's always a relief to me when I find that reason because I am way more comfortable performing the surgery than I am waiting to see how things progress. It's the unknown of waiting that scares me--I can tell the owner I know how to do the surgery, that I expect the bitch to recover well, that it takes about this much time and costs $X, but I can't give them any specific predictions about what happens if we wait to see how labor progresses.

I'm planning to try for my own kid within the next year, and I am very leery of ending up with a c-section that wasn't absolutely necessary, but I understand at least part of the motivation for the doctors to recommend it sooner rather than later.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I almost ended up with a c-section because my OB "didn't want to wait around while I tried to push." :stare:
Pushed him out in a half hour, bitch.

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
Thanks for all the help and stories, everyone. My incision was a bikini one and VERY low and small (my surgeon, as she sewed it up, proclaimed "Man, I did a great job! No one will be able to see this one!") so that's a good sign for me. I'm just going to have to look for an OB who is willing to attempt a VBAC and live with being high risk. As strange as it seems, I feel like just getting another c-section is kind of a defeatist thing for me when I really originally wanted a natural awesome childbirth where I was in full control of everything. I don't think it's bad to have two c-sections or even more, but for me, I really want that experience of natural birth. I'm glad there are women out there who did it! I don't have to worry yet as we're not going to try for at least six months to make sure I'm past that 18 month threshold. But thanks for helping me feel more prepared.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Biscuits
Oct 17, 2008
I thought maybe I was getting a UTI (Never had one before, so I don't know what's normal with it), so I was able to get in a week early for my next scheduled midwife appointment. The urine test came back negative, but they're doing a culture (?) test to see if that comes up with anything. The only thing I've really felt was a little pain in my bladder area after I pee, and then random sharp pains afterward, sometimes lasting a couple hours. The midwife said it could also just be the baby bouncing on my bladder. I'm only 13 weeks, is the baby even big enough to start causing me pain like that? :) Everything looks normal, so I won't worry, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and whether UTIs typically feel much worse.