Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

RandallODim posted:

And Avatar-sized!

"He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the Salamancer. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

I can't spare money for avatars at the moment, but this puppy needs a good home:

Indeed.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Possible text?
[S] Casey: Reunite with your loving undead minions.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guys, they're obviously Underlings. And I don't think they're trembling with FRIENDSHIP.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Guys, they're obviously Underlings. And I don't think they're trembling with FRIENDSHIP.

One of them is clearly a turtle, and one or two has a head shaped like a nak-adile crocodile. They're obviously supposed to be undead Consorts.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Well I didn't see that coming.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Well, that was certainly informative.

I have to say, although she said she would never be the Handmaid, Aradia's smile in the last panel is certainly a cliff hanger worthy moment.

...especially if we have a week of naming crocodiles and Rose and Kanaya having Lifetime Movie moments before we return to this plot.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Vriska Sekret continues to be The Best Thing.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Vriska vs. Hussie. Vriska is winning.

edit: Bonebone. YES.

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 4, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

WAR FOOT posted:

Vriska Sekret continues to be The Best Thing.

Who?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So that's... that's the Sburb logo. But it's white, like Act 7. When Caliborn comes near it, it will activate....

I don't know where this is going, but I'm gonna say that they're going to trap Caliborn in the epilogue.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Vriska vs. Hussie. Vriska is winning.

Throwing a tantrum worthy of Karkat Vantas is many things, but I wouldn't call it winning.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
This is literally the best single update in all of Homestuck.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
At this point there are multiple things the Sburb symbol can represent. I'm going with "the cursor from the reader interaction flashes."

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
If anyone had any doubts that Vriska was the best character, here you go.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Throwing a tantrum worthy of Karkat Vantas is many things, but I wouldn't call it winning.

The tantrum may not have been great, but scaling her echeladder to Destroyer of Macguffins was.

So Math posted:

At this point there are multiple things the Sburb symbol can represent. I'm going with "the cursor from the reader interaction flashes."

So the power to defeat Lord English was in our hearts all along and we are truly the protagonist?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

So that's... that's the Sburb logo. But it's white, like Act 7. When Caliborn comes near it, it will activate....

I don't know where this is going, but I'm gonna say that they're going to trap Caliborn in the epilogue.

If that's the case, and Caliborn has used it before...has he trapped someone else in the epilogue? :ohdear:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

double post, sorry!

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Bongo Bill posted:

Also White like Doc Scratch (and for that matter, Beq and GCAT). Maybe this is where Doc Scratch came from? Maybe this is the power of planetary guardians, in the form of a the Sburb logo?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

This is literally the best single update in all of Homestuck.

Oh, it's certainly up there, that's for sure.

In fact I'd rank "Vriska calling out Hussie for his bullshit cliffhangers" in the top ten, easily.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Who's going to kill Lord English? We are.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Vriska's vocal chords must be wrecked after that. :stare:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

And if...if it is the cursor...what exactly did Caliborn do with it? :ohdear: I'm getting very concerned.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I am wondering if this being a cursor is a way to win by breaking out of the game. Within the context of the "game", Lord English can't be beat. As far as the story goes, it is a closed system.

And as far back as I think the first act, maybe the first few dozen pages, there is reference to the characters not being able to interact with game concepts. "This is just a gaming abstraction"

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002099

So maybe this game cursor, intangible to the characters, is a way to "break out" of the game. Further pointing towards an EarthBound/Never-Ending Story ending to the story. It is a way to reach out to the audience...

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I just... I couldn't decide on one design...

... girl can DANCE!

Akett posted:

So whatever that thing is it has to do with time because it's Aradia that's moving it. I wonder if using it starts and/or ends the story or something.
Nah, Aradia just has generic telekinesis/levitation powers from when she was a ghost.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 4, 2013

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So whatever that thing is it has to do with time because it's Aradia that's moving it. I wonder if using it starts and/or ends the story or something.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Akett posted:

I think she's just going to levitate it with her telekinesis. She hasn't used that in a while though, so no shame in forgetting about it.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This is such a great update. That freakout, that Aradia smile, that Sburb logo!

I assume we'll be using this treasure to click on Lord English and press the Delete key on our keyboards.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Ah, I understand. It's the cursor from Caliborn's session. He never had a server player so there's never been anyone to use it. Presumably the key is to do server player bullshit against him somehow?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Is it, though? The kids' sessions had four players each, and their cursors were subdivided into four pieces. The trolls' sessions had twelve players each, and their cursors were subdivided into twelve pieces. This cursor has four pieces, while Caliborn's session had one/two players (depending if Skaia decided Calliope counts or not).

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Zorak posted:

Ah, I understand. It's the cursor from Caliborn's session. He never had a server player so there's never been anyone to use it. Presumably the key is to do server player bullshit against him somehow?

It's us. We are Caliborn's server player.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Moddington posted:

Is it, though? The kids' sessions had four players each, and their cursors were subdivided into four pieces. The trolls' sessions had twelve players each, and their cursors were subdivided into twelve pieces. This cursor has four pieces, while Caliborn's session had one/two players (depending if Skaia decided Calliope counts or not).

I don't know if that's necessarily something that persists, or if he wanted to keep the 4-piece sburb logo for recognizability's sake.

Or maybe the twist is that there's another cherub pair out there somewhere? :ohdear:

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Ursine Asylum posted:

I don't know if that's necessarily something that persists, or if he wanted to keep the 4-piece sburb logo for recognizability's sake.

Or maybe the twist is that there's another cherub pair out there somewhere? :ohdear:

Beta Caliborn/Calliope?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus, is that a reference to the beta?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ursine Asylum posted:

Considering Vriska just got done intruding into the narration and then cursing out the narrator, I'd say the shape of the treasure has far more to do with what it means to us rather than what it means to the characters.

Crazy Gnostic theory: Yaldabaoth gave Caliborn all of existence as he perceived it, so it takes the shape of the logo of the webcomic as a subtle nod to the utter limitedness of the perceived material reality. IE it's a loving webcomic, there's stuff outside of it.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 4, 2013

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

quote:

Oh yes! You kick your adventure off to a phenomenal start with liveliest jig you have ever attempted!

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

But...but now what's going to happen to Bonebone? :ohdear:

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dorroile posted:

Huh, i expected them to do something stupid like label the price as what you pledged. Now i regret not springing for a better tier. :argh:

's cool, brah. PM me your home address and I'll send you the sticker sheets so you can start building your shipping grid. Free of charge! I'll even throw in the tavros/rufioh patch, even if it means my OTP has to have a LDR.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Color Printer posted:

And if...if it is the cursor...what exactly did Caliborn do with it? :ohdear: I'm getting very concerned.

He moved John's cake; his first and only act of kindness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Some talk about the gaming abstractions came up a few weeks ago, and I mentioned then that Hussie specifically called out the cursor appearing in-world and moving the cake, etc. (though not counting when people were using the Sburb interface) was something he very quickly phased out. The way he talked about it didn't make it sound at all like he had any interest in bringing that back, so whatever this is, I don't think it's going to be that overt.