Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

I Before E posted:

It's goofy and light, a perfect fit for Saturday Morning Slam or a fun little segment once in a while.

Honestly, SMS is such a great show. Every week I usually say to myself several times over the course of the show "this is exactly the kind of shenanigans that should be taking place on Saturday Morning Slam."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

Honestly, SMS is such a great show. Every week I usually say to myself several times over the course of the show "this is exactly the kind of shenanigans that should be taking place on Saturday Morning Slam."

Yeah, I wish I got the CW so I could watch it as it was meant to be seen: with constant advertisements for action figures and sugary cereal.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I Before E posted:

Yeah, I wish I got the CW so I could watch it as it was meant to be seen: with constant advertisements for action figures and sugary cereal.

I know, it's just like the 80s. They should do the Old School set for every SMS.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 2, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

April 3, 2013

Bo Dallas & Adrian Neville vs. Wyatt Family
Raw recap
Commentary kerfuffle!
Paige & Sasha vs. Summer & Audrey
Conor O'Brien vs. Big E Langston

Alternate link.

BradMad on commentary! Sucks for Oliver Grey, but you'd think they'd strip them of the tag titles. I guess they did just have a tournament. Sasha Banks is really impressing me so far - once again, the NXT diva division is better than the WWE division. Do they add Conor's eye glow in post, or is he wearing glowing contacts? Hopefully the recaps are reduced after WM.

NEXT WEEK: REGAL VS. OHNO!!!

April 3, 2013

Miz vs. Prime Time Players
RAW RECAPS

I'm not watching this and neither should you.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 4, 2013

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
Looks like Sami Zayn has a twitter now, I'm assuming it's legit since Kassius Ohno linked to it. First post:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Summer Rae was appararently Fandango's dancer at the Wrestlemania press conference. I seriously hope this was a one time thing.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Conor wears contacts that glow under the black light, yeah. NXT's too low-budget to add that in in post.

Goldaline posted:

Looks like Sami Zayn has a twitter now, I'm assuming it's legit since Kassius Ohno linked to it. First post:

And now Kevin Steen has linked to it as well. So yeah, it's legit.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

This just popped up on tumblr, from the wrestlemania program or something

Looks like such a friendly dude

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A wrestling hipster gimmick would be amazing.

"I preferred him when he was Rocky Maivia. :smug:"

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

I hope he gates paired with Sheamus in a gingers who wear hats team.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Going unmasked was a great choice. He's just so jovial.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Liar Lyre posted:

Going unmasked was a great choice. He's just so jovial.

BBBUT ALL HE HAS IS HIS MASK AND GIMMICK

Seriously, the dude rules and I'm super psyched that he's getting a chance to be big time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

thehappyprince posted:

He's got some Ryan Miller eyes going on there in that pic

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
That dude just looks so goddamn excited and expressive. Masks are wonderful tools.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Obviously too early to say how he'll end up, but I still maintain the luchador gimmick could have worked if given the chance, especially since fans loving love simple chants.

I can understand the WWE's aversion to full face masks, but a mask like his that exposes the eyes and mouth enables a guy to be expressive and connect to the crowd without a problem.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 5, 2013

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

A wrestling hipster gimmick would be amazing.

We also would've accepted 'old timey chimney sweep/newsie'. I'd watch either one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chinston Wurchill posted:

April 3, 2013

Bo Dallas & Adrian Neville vs. Wyatt Family

Bwahahaha, I love the immediate "Tag in Neville" chants when Bo enters the ring.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So is Sami Zayn going to be a Joseph Park situation where everyone's asking "why the gently caress was he under a mask all this time?" in a few months?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

njsykora posted:

So is Sami Zayn going to be a Joseph Park situation where everyone's asking "why the gently caress was he under a mask all this time?" in a few months?

No, because El Generico was amazing whereas Abyss was loving poo poo.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

April 3, 2013

Miz vs. Prime Time Players
RAW RECAPS

I'm not watching this and neither should you.

Just to confirm.

Don't watch this poo poo, it's terrible.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Goldaline posted:

it's the real McCoy

stab
Feb 12, 2003

njsykora posted:

cause we started him in a mask as a loving joke yet it took off so it stuck and we were lazy and never thought to do it before?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

stab posted:

cause we started him in a mask as a loving joke yet it took off so it stuck and we were lazy and never thought to do it before?

Is he happy to be out of the mask, then? That'd be cool and would be all the more reason why people should let it go. :)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You know what Sami's gimmick should be? Happy Canadian. I don't think I've ever seen a man as happy or Canadian as he.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

You know what Sami's gimmick should be? Happy Canadian. I don't think I've ever seen a man as happy or Canadian as he.

Him, USA Guy, and if the recent rumors are true, Mascarita Dorada, should form a face stable called the North American Free Fighting Alliance, and feud with Swagger, if only for the paranoid ranting promos from Zeb about how they are a plot by the NWO to create a North American Union and institute the Amero. I really want them to just go fullbore conspiracy theorist with Zeb and Swagger after Mania.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is he happy to be out of the mask, then? That'd be cool and would be all the more reason why people should let it go. :)

cant share that sorry :)

but people need to let it go cause its a great guy getting to live out hia dream so w/e

stab fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 5, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

I Before E posted:

Him, USA Guy, and if the recent rumors are true, Mascarita Dorada, should form a face stable called the North American Free Fighting Alliance, and feud with Swagger, if only for the paranoid ranting promos from Zeb about how they are a plot by the NWO to create a North American Union and institute the Amero. I really want them to just go fullbore conspiracy theorist with Zeb and Swagger after Mania.

WWE's apparently pretty high on Mojo Rawley who was pretty fun/energetic (if green) when I saw him at an NXT show so I've been hoping that they just team him up with Bateman and call them Party in the USA.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

stab posted:

but people need to let it go cause its a great guy getting to live out hia dream so w/e

Your friend is a cool wrestler and it's awesome he's in the big leagues.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

stab posted:

That's cool, figured as much but just thought I'd ask, and I agree. :)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quantrill posted:

I hope he gates paired with Sheamus in a gingers who wear hats team.

I'd love it if they did a Bob and Crash Holly type thing with Sheamus and Generico, announce him as Sheamus' french cousin or something.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Apparently this is being displayed at Axxess.

NXT Divas Title belt, looks cool to me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

That makes the WWE Diva title belt look like poo poo.

Oh wait :v:

But really, drat, yeah, that's a cool-looking belt.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I've been expecting that to show up, but I expected it to take after the regular title. Thankfully that doesn't seem to have happened. Also it's apparently being referred to as the NXT Women's Championship. I expect SDR might have had a hand in that.

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
That's about 200% classier than the regular one. Actually, I've like all of their designs, very simple and clean.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

njsykora posted:

I've been expecting that to show up, but I expected it to take after the regular title. Thankfully that doesn't seem to have happened. Also it's apparently being referred to as the NXT Women's Championship. I expect SDR might have had a hand in that.

That's great to know, maybe it will lead to the return of the women's title soon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have to say I'm loving all the attention NXT's getting at Axxess. The titles are on display alongside the main roster ones, NXT guys are in the program and there seems to be more of an effort to push that these guys are worth caring about. I know the official Twitters have been showing photos and video of Paige and Sami Zayn doing their thing. Zayn looks like he's gonna get strapped to the rocket when he debuts.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

April 6, 2013

Sandow vs. Ryback
Rhodes vs. Kane

No DB this week, but we do get BM!

April 4, 2013

Khali vs...I don't remember, JTG or somebody
RECAPS

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

njsykora posted:

I have to say I'm loving all the attention NXT's getting at Axxess. The titles are on display alongside the main roster ones, NXT guys are in the program and there seems to be more of an effort to push that these guys are worth caring about. I know the official Twitters have been showing photos and video of Paige and Sami Zayn doing their thing. Zayn looks like he's gonna get strapped to the rocket when he debuts.
I wish there was some footage of the matches from Axxess

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Managed to watch NXT for the first time over the weekend.

Adrian Nevile and Luke Harper need to get moved up to the main roster now. They're ready.

Can someone please explain the significance of Big E Langston's use of "5" to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Red is Dead posted:

Can someone please explain the significance of Big E Langston's use of "5" to me?

In NXT, he was doing the King Kong Bundy 5-count gimmick.

• Locked thread