Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Hulkamatt was the one Bryan tried to convince to buy a ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Karmine posted:

Wait I noticed MRP and his repeated use of the word "wacky" but which one was HulkaMatt?

Also, Goog, I said it on twitter and I'll say it again here, it is unacceptable that you've never heard Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.

Matt said he wanted to see Ryback and Henry smash through the set.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

sportsgenius86 posted:

Matt said he wanted to see Ryback and Henry smash through the set.

Are we the "Web message board" someone mentioned? :allears:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
My favorite Alvarez "wrestling bubble" thing is how he always describes any speech as "cutting a promo" on someone. The fry cook messed up the order at Wendy's and the manager cut a hell of an angry promo on him! Best promo I've seen since the one Barack Obama gave in front of Congress. Four stars!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think that's just how wrestlers are in general, they tend to apply wrestling to everything.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
My favorite Alvarez trope is that everything is a gimmick.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my least favorite Alvarez trope is that he's a 37 year old man who says "fail" in the year 2013

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

triplexpac posted:

I think that's just how wrestlers are in general, they tend to apply wrestling to everything.

It's true; I did a movie once with a local wrestler and props were gimmicks, stunts were bumps and when he went to get bloodied up it was "time to get some colour" (Although I suspect that one was more for me because I marked out every time he talked carny).

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Steve Austin started his new podcast today with Episode 1. I'm most of the way through it and it's pretty entertaining how it sounds like he's cutting a promo.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And next podcasts guest is Mr Wrestlemania himself HBK

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Just finished it. I'm subscribed. Stone Cold is hilarious and I love his wrestling blurbs/stories.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Just finished it. I'm subscribed. Stone Cold is hilarious and I love his wrestling blurbs/stories.

Do you have a link handy or something? I'd like to have a listen.

v Thanks v

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 5, 2013

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shogunate posted:

Do you have a link handy or something? I'd like to have a listen.

Here you go.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Learned on AOW that Mr.Anderson helped Colt get his OVW deal. I like Anderson slightly more now.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Thanks for this. That was a good listen and definitely looking forward to the next one

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Garage sale trees!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Subscribed, this is great. Redneck Island sounds like the most glorious trainwreck.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Memento1979 posted:

Subscribed, this is great. Redneck Island sounds like the most glorious trainwreck.

I watched the first episode of the first season. I'm kind of surprised that it's been going on for three season, I thought they could have done a lot more with the redneck survivor concept. I guess if you like those totally gimmicked reality tv shows then this was/is right up your alley.

It could have been a lot more glorious trainwreck.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm just starting post and I might be wrong, but I think Worked Shoot Radio might have a pretty good show tonight. Last year's Wrestlemania show is one of my favorites, so we'll see. Should be up in a few hours.

I'm not letting myself listen to other opinions on the show for fear of chickening out.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

I'm just starting post and I might be wrong, but I think Worked Shoot Radio might have a pretty good show tonight. Last year's Wrestlemania show is one of my favorites, so we'll see. Should be up in a few hours.

I'm not letting myself listen to other opinions on the show for fear of chickening out.

Get it up. I haven't listened to all of your shows but the times I've listened to Worked Shoot have been drat good, dude.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Get it up. I haven't listened to all of your shows but the times I've listened to Worked Shoot have been drat good, dude.
That actually means a lot to me. Thank you. Coming up.

Edit: P.S., I call out MRP in this show. Almost done.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 8, 2013

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LividLiquid posted:

That actually means a lot to me. Thank you. Coming up.

Yesss.. I need something to tide me over until Observer Radio.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Crap. This is terrible, but I don't remember my login info on Shootcast.org.

Edit: Figured it out. Up soon. I'll have it up soon. So much time editing out the curse words.

Also, I mention a few regular arguments from PSP. I hate most of the things I do, and maybe it's because I got two hours of sleep last night and had to be on set super early this morning and now it's crazy late, but I really like this show we did. I would've had it up over an hour ago were it not for bleeping the curse words.

Edit 2: I'm going to kill Del for convincing me to do post production on these shows. I could've gone to bed two hours ago.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 8, 2013

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Forgive me for stepping on your toes LL, but the Punchsport Podcast crew also got together to do a post-WrestleMania show. It was so large, in fact, that we (okay, I) decided to split it into TWO PARTS! Part one is right here:

HulkaMatt, KFG, MRT, Nut Bunnies and I talk about the ROH and New Japan shows, as well as the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony, GI Joe: Retaliation, CHIKARA, and the sad state of the European economy. Only one of those is false.

Part two coming as soon as I finish editing it!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm flattered that you'd even consider posting your show "stepping on my toes".

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MLW livecast was fun.

Court Bauer wants to blame the last month of bad shows on WWE firing the Senior VP of Creative (clearly a friend) at the start of March, which might be true, but Mania was based on 3 marquee matches that were booked in 2012.

Larry Zbyszko has a Legends deal. (?!!?!?!)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2013-04-07-Wrestlemania.mp3

Edit: Love you all. Goodnight.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 8, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

MLW livecast was fun.

Court Bauer wants to blame the last month of bad shows on WWE firing the Senior VP of Creative (clearly a friend) at the start of March, which might be true, but Mania was based on 3 marquee matches that were booked in 2012.

The writers are usually: a) huge marks b) full of poo poo.

I'll never forget that interview with the dude whose name I forget who goes "And then Vince wrote this year long story line where he comes back with a hobo army... it was brilliant."

:staredog:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Larry Zbyszko has a Legends deal. (?!!?!?!)

While he is a crazy old man who commentated WCW, he also had a pretty significant run with the WWF at one point which probably explains that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

While he is a crazy old man who commentated WCW, he also had a pretty significant run with the WWF at one point which probably explains that.

I am guessing WWE went to him to induct Bruno in case they couldn't get Bruno and he asked for a Legends deal on top of it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRanTer posted:

I am guessing WWE went to him to induct Bruno in case they couldn't get Bruno and he asked for a Legends deal on top of it.

That's what Scott Hall said on Twitter too.

Hmmm... Someone named Karmine called into the LAW tonight.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 8, 2013

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Part two!!! Part two part two part two part two!

We talked about everything else that happened over WrestleMania weekend, and now I, MRT, Nut Bunnies, KFG and HulkaMatt spend an hour going over WrestleMania itself.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Locker room cameras being invisible, except when they're not, is so drat annoying. And wrestling always needs more "X by day, wrestler by night" gimmicks.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Jack Krauser posted:

That's what Scott Hall said on Twitter too.

Hmmm... Someone named Karmine called into the LAW tonight.

How could I resist sharing my overwhelming joy at meeting Screamin' Norman Smiley?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The level of denial Dave has over fan reaction to Cena is hilarious.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm listening to the show now and it is peak Dave in places.

E: Oh my god he's seriously saying nobody really hates him when he was getting booed out of the loving building.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 8, 2013

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Let's please not ignore his best line in a while, on the rain at MetLife: "that was probably God crying for them putting The Miz over Wade Barrett."

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Euthyphro posted:

Let's please not ignore his best line in a while, on the rain at MetLife: "that was probably God crying for them putting The Miz over Wade Barrett."

It's funny how Dave hates babyface Miz even more than most people on this forum. Shortly after the turn he said that watching Miz made him want to hurl a grenade at his TV. After the Miz TV segment Bryan was praising Lesnar's aura of violence that made it seem like someone could actually get hurt which prompted Dave to say that would be ok since it was the Miz.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 8, 2013

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

njsykora posted:

Oh my god he's seriously saying nobody really hates him when he was getting booed out of the loving building.

the entire place popped when Cena won. for like 10 seconds but it still happened.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jay from OSWReview assures the Rumble 92 episode will be up ASAP. Like, either later tonight or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New OSWReview: Royal Rumble 1992!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clp8vmqHu6Y

• Locked thread