Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Domalom posted:

@Stephanie McMahon
Me and my friend, Andre the Giant at the after party after #Wrestlemania 1

1st WWWF championship belt @SammartinoBruno won from Buddy Rogers

I'm convinced that on a fan level Andre is the McMahon's all time favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sigmachiev posted:

I'm convinced that on a fan level Andre is the McMahon's all time favorite.

He should be everybody's favorite. :colbert:

Martini
Sep 5, 2003

Joe's gonna kill you...Joe's gonna kill you...
Between all of the rumors, HHH and Stephanie tweeting all of the cool pictures and memorabilia, and how much AXXESS has grown in the last few years, I'm becoming more and more convinced that some folks (HHH included) in the front offices really do want a physical HOF somewhere. I'm not sure if there'd be enough of a fan base to make it viable, but perhaps with limited hours or something it could be a reality. There has to be so much sitting in warehouses that could make for a killer collection.

And for content: (f/Dreamer's Twitter, a year ago at the HOF ceremony)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I know Shane saved a ton of stuff to make a real HoF, so it's already halfway there.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This picture of the set makes it look much better.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Jack Krauser posted:

This picture of the set makes it look much better.

Needs more giant palm trees.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

That's a great picture though is anyone else noticing that it looks like Stephanie has three hands? (the reflection and the hand holding the picture)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Cactus Jack posted:

Swagger has a rep for laying stuff in too hard. A few years back he legit injured JR's ankle and knee doing an ankle lock on him.

Guaranteed Del Rio's back wasn't from Swagger. If you watch that segment again Colter ends up with a broken crutch, which makes for some really nasty jagged metal edges. I was grimacing during that because you could tell Colter was trying to be careful about his attacks with it, but having a hard time convincingly attacking him while doing so.

Edit: Completely missed a post making this same point, here's a picture of it.

The337th fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 4, 2013

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Wrestling New Classic put up a bunch of pictures of their wrestlers on their Facebook page. Apparently one of them has a competitive swimmer gimmick?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wrestlemania weekend means loads of awesome pictures from Axxess.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jimmy is immune to aging. I'm convinced.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

VogeGandire posted:

He must've stumbled upon the right cocktail of substances that induces immortality. Just like Keith Richards.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Antitonic posted:

He must've stumbled upon the right cocktail of substances that induces immortality. Just like Keith Richards.

He must just be loving mainlining formaldehyde. That's the only way I can explain him being preserved so well.

In fact, he looks YOUNGER than he used to be.

MrBling posted:

If you destroy his megaphone he will crumble into fine dust.

A phylactery...IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 4, 2013

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

VogeGandire posted:

If you destroy his megaphone he will crumble into fine dust.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If you destroy one of his jackets with his face on it then he will die.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

VogeGandire posted:

A moment of recognition for the best WM sign of all time.

idgi

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS1le_8ZhOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

A moment of recognition for the best WM sign of all time.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

The337th posted:

Guaranteed Del Rio's back wasn't from Swagger. If you watch that segment again Colter ends up with a broken crutch, which makes for some really nasty jagged metal edges. I was grimacing during that because you could tell Colter was trying to be careful about his attacks with it, but having a hard time convincingly attacking him while doing so.

Edit: Completely missed a post making this same point, here's a picture of it.

Apologies to the All American American... this time.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

From here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/main/photos/7001/wrestling-hulk-hogan-pro-wrestling-in-the-1980s/1/

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

:allears:

Those are some great pictures. The second one makes me very :smith:.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Liar Lyre posted:

I know Shane saved a ton of stuff to make a real HoF, so it's already halfway there.

Pretty sure the WWE never throws old stuff away. Didn't CM Punk say they still had the old WCW Nitro set in a warehouse somewhere?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Pretty sure the WWE never throws old stuff away. Didn't CM Punk say they still had the old WCW Nitro set in a warehouse somewhere?

It wasn't even the Nitro set. He took a picture to prove they still have the old THUNDER set.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Perry Normal posted:

Wrestling New Classic put up a bunch of pictures of their wrestlers on their Facebook page. Apparently one of them has a competitive swimmer gimmick?

Maybe someone's a fan of Rival Schools?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

VogeGandire posted:

It wasn't even the Nitro set. He took a picture to prove they still have the old THUNDER set.

Yep: https://mobile.twitter.com/CMPunk/status/181404028750671872/photo/1

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Bull Nakano stretching someone out and not giving a gently caress

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bull Nakano and Aja Kong, mere moments before presumably force-feeding someone their own teeth.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

VogeGandire posted:

Of course they have, why else would they still have http://static.tbs.com/sports/thunder/index.htm up and running.

quote:

Effective Tuesday, March 27, WCW programming will begin a period of hiatus. During this hiatus, WCW will review its programming plans and determine the course of future WCW-branded entertainment events. More information will be posted as it is made available.

While you're waiting for the return of WCW, be sure to check out the Superstation's other action-packed offerings like Man Made Movie and Movies for Guys Who Like Movies. And if you are interested in more Enhanced TBS excitement, log on each Friday night for Enhanced Dinner & A Movie!

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

CobiWann posted:

:allears:

Those are some great pictures. The second one makes me very :smith:.

Was anyone NOT on steroids in the 80s? Jesus.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Saint Jimmy posted:

No.

If you were even tangibly part of the wrestling business from 1980-1989, you were on the gas.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Saint Jimmy posted:

Looking at the last picture, I'm surprised there were any steroids left for anyone else after Davey Boy smith got to them.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Saint Jimmy posted:

Even guys I remember as "smaller dudes" like Steamboat were loving huge.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Minitrue posted:

Even guys I remember as "smaller dudes" like Steamboat were loving huge.

Yea we make fun of WWE being full of bodybuilder types now but even the small quick dudes were jacked in the old days.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Liar Lyre posted:

I can't see how they wouldn't have enough, they could practically have a pro wrestling museum. Old belts, ring gear, pictures, statues/busts, you name it...I think it could work pretty well if done right. I'd sure as hell check it out, I love stuff like that :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

UhHuhUhHuhYeah.jpg

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I kind of wish they'd bring out the Thunder set, maybe for a one-off Old School episode of Smackdown or Slam or something.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

I Before E posted:

I kind of wish they'd bring out the Thunder set, maybe for a one-off Old School episode of Smackdown or Slam or something.

They probably have the awesome Mothership Saturday Night set. That would be much better.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack Krauser posted:

They probably have the awesome Mothership Saturday Night set. That would be much better.

It boggles my mind that they haven't done an Old School Smackdown with the ovaltron set yet.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They need to bring back the Smackdown fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Liar Lyre posted:

They need to bring back the Smackdown fist.

I was more a fan of ovaltron over fist myself. Ovaltron was nice, subtle, and pleasing to the eye. Fist was all jagged and edgy and IN YOUR FACE WE ARE EXTREME.