Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SquareDog posted:

He's pushing the cart before the horse.

Also much Harpo love in this post.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And unless I'm mistaken, all of his children were adopted, too.

Edit: Oh, new page? Here, have a centaur:

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Apr 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
edit: nm I was wrong. Have this:

van go

Bad Sneakers has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Apr 4, 2013

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Bad Sneakers posted:

edit: nm I was wrong. Have this:

van go

cargo van go

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Coming from a family of immigrants, it always warms my heart to see aliens becoming hard working Americans.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

Say what you will, he's very easy on the eyes and if I was a billionaire with a giant underground aquarium I'd hire him to swim in it. :colbert:

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Trollologist posted:

Coming from a family of immigrants, it always warms my heart to see aliens becoming hard working Americans.

Ahem, hard working Britons, actually :britain:

Where is this Game shop anyway? My local one had a big fat bloke in camouflage and night vision goggles cleaning the shelves around the Black Ops 2 launch. Wish I'd got a picture.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Floof of Shame.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I've always wondered why American companies don't translate their mottos in Germany/Scandinavia. I know virtually everyone under 60 speaks some English but it seems like a little effort for something endearing.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
ESSENFRISCHE!

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

Fandyien posted:

I've always wondered why American companies don't translate their mottos in Germany/Scandinavia. I know virtually everyone under 60 speaks some English but it seems like a little effort for something endearing.

For the same reason that a lot, if not most, Norwegian singers sing in English: It just sounds cooler. Norwegians often think Norwegian is boring and lame.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012

Fantastisk posted:

For the same reason that a lot, if not most, Norwegian singers sing in English: It just sounds cooler. Norwegians often think Norwegian is boring and lame.

Boring and lame because of the way it sounds? Or some other reason?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TurboTax posted:

Because it only has one word, torsk.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

TurboTax posted:

English is always way cooler. Always.

That's why mobile phones are called Handy in Germany.

Doniazade
Jul 13, 2006

by T. Finninho
Also because pretty much everyone in Scandinavia speaks English. It's one of the three core subjects in elementary school here in Sweden at least.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Doniazade posted:

Also because pretty much everyone in Scandinavia speaks English. It's one of the three core subjects in elementary school here in Sweden at least.

You guys are planning to re-conquer the British Isles and become the Vikings again, aren't you?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I don't think I've met someone here who does not at the very least understand basic English. Perhaps some of the elderly wouldn't.

In my social circles everyone speaks English pretty well

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Fandyien posted:

McDonald's did this and ended up adapting the the German claim for international use.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Subway absolutely do or at least did t some point use "iss frisch", which is not only the literal translation of "eat fresh" but also sounds like the colloquial German for "it's fresh." Some Subways still have the old slogan "Komm rein, iss frisch hier" written on the door which means either "come in, eat fresh here" or "come in, it's fresh in here" (either as in "the food is fresh" or "it's cool in here", I remember one TV ad that had this anthropomorphic sandwich sitting in the fridge). :eng101:

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Apr 5, 2013

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

My Lovely Horse posted:

Subway absolutely do or at least did t some point use "iss frisch", which is not only the literal translation of "eat fresh" but also sounds like the colloquial German for "it's fresh." Some Subways still have the old slogan "Komm rein, iss frisch hier" written on the door which means either "come in, eat fresh here" or "come in, it's fresh in here" (either as in "the food is fresh" or "it's cool in here", I remember one TV ad that had this anthropomorphic sandwich sitting in the fridge). :eng101:

Here is a Subway ad that appeared on a map given to me when I studied in Kiel this past summer.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I don't think I've met someone here who does not at the very least understand basic English. Perhaps some of the elderly wouldn't.

In my social circles everyone speaks English pretty well

What is even better, most Scandinavians I have ever talked to or typed to as the case may be, had a better grasp of English than most of the fucktards who live in the US.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
For real though, gently caress Long Island Barry. Guy's a douche.

Google co-founder Sergey Brin's Tesla.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

They have gone mad with power. We must stop them.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pictured from left to right: Pebbles and Bam Bam

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Brother Jonathan posted:

They have gone mad with power. We must stop them.

Cindy Lou was ready in case that Grinch fucker came around again.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

For real though, gently caress Long Island Barry. Guy's a douche.

CNet posted:

Speaking at the TED Conference today in Long Beach, Calif., Brin told the audience that smartphones are "emasculating."

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Wasn't that done as a protest? Some town wanted to close a library and people put signs in their yards like that one and stuff like "We don't need no english no ways".

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

TurboTax posted:

Some of the accents don't really lend themselves well to rhyming and flow, so singing in them can often sound a bit choppy. Others sound really great. Bands from the western part of Norway often sing in Norwegian.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Nice find mom

OppositeOfLove
Feb 11, 2009
If I put a :smug: in my post - that means I'm right no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

My parents thought they were comedy geniuses when they got me a this on a t-shirt for my thirteenth birthday... :smith:

• Locked thread