Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Sinteres posted:

I finally gave them some money when one of the $20 slots opened up again. Or at least Amazon says I authorized payment; I haven't received any confirmation from Kickstarter yet. I hope this isn't some dumb thing where someone else paid for that slot before I did so my payment doesn't count.

You can check two things:
- When you're logged in to kickstarter, see if the $20 tier shows you as a backer
- Find the payment authorization on Amazon Payments

If both appear, you're probably good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I just need my XCOM Guile-hair.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Necroneocon posted:

I'm glad they didn't sexualize the female model. I love it. Great design.

Oh I'm all for not making either versions of the PC a stereotypical "buff guy"/"pinup girl" like a lot of games do. But I just expected something more alien, I guess.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anaxite posted:

- When you're logged in to kickstarter, see if the $20 tier shows you as a backer

It shows up on Amazon Payments, and I got an email from them, but nothing on or from Kickstarter has indicated that they're acknowledging it so far. Oh well, I wasn't really planning on joining the Kickstarter until I saw the cheap price was available again, so if it doesn't go through it's not the end of the world.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man. I remember when the Torment PR was starting to ramp up and everyone knew that the Kickstarter was coming, I was so worried about Kickstarter fatigue and general wariness due to Wasteland 2 not being out and... Well. Good work, InXile.

Fintilgin posted:

What they OUGHT to do is let you customize your characters appearance (skin/hair color etc) and then base the appearance of the immortal god off what you picked. :colbert:

(I like customizing my dude)
On the other hand, Planescape Torment had a lot of "NPCs react to your appearance", which you don't see much - any? - of in games where you can customize your appearance. I mean, yeah, DA2 and Fallout 3 did the family appearance stuff, but that's about the extent of it. And I do really like customizing my dude and lady-dude when I play games, but there is a tradeoff.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

The Crotch posted:

Planescape Torment had a lot of "NPCs react to your appearance", which you don't see much - any? - of in games where you can customize your appearance.
Yeah. For a narrative-heavy game I would rather have a fixed appearance where the game is written to react to it.

Heres hoping for 4.25mill!

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Sinteres posted:

It shows up on Amazon Payments, and I got an email from them, but nothing on or from Kickstarter has indicated that they're acknowledging it so far. Oh well, I wasn't really planning on joining the Kickstarter until I saw the cheap price was available again, so if it doesn't go through it's not the end of the world.

It probably didn't go through. Kickstarter will make it clear, both highlighting a reward tier (if you chose one) and showing the project backed in your profile.

I'd cancel the payment authorization just in case, and try again if the opportunity comes up... but you can also wait and see.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

With the 200k from Fargo and the other dude, and the 100k or so from paypal, aren't we already at past 4.25m?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

A Steampunk Gent posted:

With the 200k from Fargo and the other dude, and the 100k or so from paypal, aren't we already at past 4.25m?
IIRC the 200k is to make up for pledges that turn out to be fraudulent and the Kickstarter cut. They're not counting them towards the goals.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

The $200k is buffer money, doesn't count to any stretch goals.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anaxite posted:

I'd cancel the payment authorization just in case, and try again if the opportunity comes up... but you can also wait and see.

I just cancelled and tried again when a new slot opened up and the same thing happened. gently caress it.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Sinteres posted:

You dont have noscript or anything blocking the kickstarter resources do you?

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

The Crotch posted:

On the other hand, Planescape Torment had a lot of "NPCs react to your appearance", which you don't see much - any? - of in games where you can customize your appearance. I mean, yeah, DA2 and Fallout 3 did the family appearance stuff, but that's about the extent of it. And I do really like customizing my dude and lady-dude when I play games, but there is a tradeoff.

It's possible, especially if there are a limited number of outfits to play pretty-doll dressup with. For example, in Alpha Protocol, people will occasionally react to what you're wearing, especially if it's dramatically out-of-place for the setting (meet a Triad boss in a restaurant wearing stealth combat armor and he'll say something about it; wear tourist clothes and he'll say something else).

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

I do hope they'll be tweaking the player character designs, they look 'different', but they don't look particularly tormented aside from the arm scarring I guess.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Ah Pook posted:

I do hope they'll be tweaking the player character designs, they look 'different', but they don't look particularly tormented aside from the arm scarring I guess.
They're castoff tools of the Changing God who are being chased by Death. No matter how pretty they are its probably a bit stressful.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

John McCain posted:

It's possible, especially if there are a limited number of outfits to play pretty-doll dressup with. For example, in Alpha Protocol, people will occasionally react to what you're wearing, especially if it's dramatically out-of-place for the setting (meet a Triad boss in a restaurant wearing stealth combat armor and he'll say something about it; wear tourist clothes and he'll say something else).
Alright, I guess Alpha Protocol did it a little bit. Though that particular example felt like total bullshit when I played it. Before and after that particular bit, the game would automatically put you in civilian clothes any time mission gear would be horribly out-of-place and unnecessary. As far as I know, that was the one and only time that didn't happen, and it was just so that that NPC could comment on it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Anaxite posted:

This is my first backing of a Kickstarter, and I was wondering about something. I don't remember what option I choose as the payment, but I show up as a backer on Kickstarter, and it says I will be charged later on tonight after it's finished. Since I don't remember the payment process, I assume I had to put in my CC information, since I don't have an Amazon Payments account setup. Is using a credit card something kickstarter does? Or should I set up an Amazon Payments account, and put my CC info in that, so it goes through later tonight?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

sether01 posted:

This is my first backing of a Kickstarter, and I was wondering about something. I don't remember what option I choose as the payment, but I show up as a backer on Kickstarter, and it says I will be charged later on tonight after it's finished. Since I don't remember the payment process, I assume I had to put in my CC information, since I don't have an Amazon Payments account setup. Is using a credit card something kickstarter does? Or should I set up an Amazon Payments account, and put my CC info in that, so it goes through later tonight?
I think it uses any established Amazon account? If you have one at all.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

The Crotch posted:

Alright, I guess Alpha Protocol did it a little bit. Though that particular example felt like total bullshit when I played it. Before and after that particular bit, the game would automatically put you in civilian clothes any time mission gear would be horribly out-of-place and unnecessary. As far as I know, that was the one and only time that didn't happen, and it was just so that that NPC could comment on it.

Deng would also comment on what you were wearing when you went to see him in the subway station. I agree that it was quite limited in scope, but it goes to show that it is indeed possible.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

FRINGE posted:

You dont have noscript or anything blocking the kickstarter resources do you?

I just got it to work on a different computer, so that may have been it. Either way, problem solved.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
We only need ~100,000 70,000 to make the 4.25 goal.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FRINGE posted:

I think it uses any established Amazon account? If you have one at all.

Yeah I do, I just don't keep my CC info in my Amazon account. So I guess what I'm wondering is if it asks for the CC info when you make a pledge, or rely on you having that info tied to your Amazon account. I'll go ahead and put it in my Amazon account just to be sure, but I'm still wondering, if anybody knows?

stille
Oct 9, 2012
If they end up having to draw a new fathom 5 minutes before the kickstarter ends I will laugh.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

So I think my pocket can drop another $15 on this, but I'm unsure between the comics and the novellas. Which one would you guys prioritise?

From the other samples linked in the thread, I enjoyed Colin McComb's writing, but not Mur Lafferty or Monte Cook's, for what it's worth.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/inxile_entertainment is gonna be live soon, after-kickstarter-party for everyone!

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

So I think my pocket can drop another $15 on this, but I'm unsure between the comics and the novellas. Which one would you guys prioritise?

From the other samples linked in the thread, I enjoyed Colin McComb's writing, but not Mur Lafferty or Monte Cook's, for what it's worth.
Do $40 for the printed novellas, there should be so few of them you can play wallstreet thug with them on ebay when the game is released. :v:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Decided to be a gross person with no life and bumped up my pledge from 75$ digital to nabbing the free last 125$ digital. Don't know why I want an e-version of the Numenera Corebook or my name on a tombstone, but I guess for 50 bucks, I might as well, huh? More money than sense over here.

I also threw in another 30 bucks because I wanted a poster sent to me to Canada. The concept art is amazing.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

sether01 posted:

Like FRINGE said, it will use an Amazon.com account; Amazon Payments is under that umbrella. Kickstarter doesn't do payment processing themselves -- Amazon Payments is their processor. Chances are that Amazon Payments will still let you put in a CC number that you're not storing, but I'm not sure.

Log in at https://payments.amazon.com/ with your Amazon account (assuming you do have one) and see if the payment information's there. If it is, that should be confirmation.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
I just want that stupid ks number to hit $4,125,000 then I will be able to be happy and ignore it.

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
yay I snuck in at $20. Hope that holds up :) Now I need to try the original game, I jumped on Project Eternity too without knowing poo poo. Hope they're both worth it

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Anaxite posted:

Like FRINGE said, it will use an Amazon.com account; Amazon Payments is under that umbrella. Kickstarter doesn't do payment processing themselves -- Amazon Payments is their processor. Chances are that Amazon Payments will still let you put in a CC number that you're not storing, but I'm not sure.

Log in at https://payments.amazon.com/ with your Amazon account (assuming you do have one) and see if the payment information's there. If it is, that should be confirmation.

Ok yeah, it is, thanks a lot guys, appreciate it. Just in case anyone else is wondering or having similar questions, the payment authorization doesn't show up in the Overview. It's under the "Edit my account settings- Manage Payment Authorizations". Which makes sense, since it hasn't gone through yet.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I upgraded to $75 because beta access sounds really good and the player guide sounds interesting. That's $300 in kickstarters so far...

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
50g to go. If someone wants to snap up those last $10,000 spots we're basically there. :v:

stille
Oct 9, 2012
More than 2 hours and less than 50k to crafting system. This is a thing that's happening.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Monte Cooke has got to be really loving happy he hooked up with the Torment team. Numenera just went from a "might be neat" novelty game to something that might, possibly, become recognizable enough to be a Big Name RPG.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

stille posted:

More than 2 hours and less than 50k to crafting system. This is a thing that's happening.

I'm not much into crafting myself. The 'longer story' part sounds good, though.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

After some mic issues, the inXile stream's starting.

Edit: Or not quite yet, looks like it was a camera test. ..

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

I agree, but in this case they said that "crafting" will be the manipulation of numenera (as opposed to chopping down 6000 trees to make an arrow or whatever).

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Same here. It's actually kinda weird that they even added crafting as stretch goal since it got pretty low amount of votes in their uservoice thingy. I guess someone at inxile really wants crafting in this game, I just hope it doesn't suck as it almost always does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Zilkin posted:

Same here. It's actually kinda weird that they even added crafting as stretch goal since it got pretty low amount of votes in their uservoice thingy. I guess someone at inxile really wants crafting in this game, I just hope it doesn't suck as it almost always does.
My guess is it will be more "discovery of what the oddities do when they are reassembled" rather than blacksmithing. (Which would make sense that some of the writers would want to explore it, the setting is named after the things (Numenera).)

• Locked thread