Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hah. No Dolphins cap on that site :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ehud posted:

Hah. No Dolphins cap on that site :ninja:

The Dolphin doesn't get head gear anymore

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

MissileWaster posted:

2013 Draft Caps are available for purchase. The underside of the bill says the name of the teams city, which is kinda nifty I suppose? I dunno, I like how MLB caps just have that part black, helps keep the glare out of your eyes.

uhhhhhhh

It's helpful to the people actually getting drafted.

"I'm so happy to be a Jaguar. Can't wait to move to... Jacksonville."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Why don't the Dolphins just start releasing gear with their new logo? It's been leaked about a dozen times now. Anyone who doesn't know what it looks like probably isn't going to notice until the draft anyway.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

shiksa posted:

Why don't the Dolphins just start releasing gear with their new logo? It's been leaked about a dozen times now. Anyone who doesn't know what it looks like probably isn't going to notice until the draft anyway.

They already told the media to start using the logo. I guess they want the new gear released after their dumb uniform reveal party, which is a week before the draft.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
More clues about the Vikings uniforms became available today. It looks like the jersey will be a darker purple. Supposedly the pantone color didn't change, but the jersey material is a flat purple instead of the shiny purple on their previous uniforms. The collar appears to only be purple, so the awful two tone Nike collar is gone and there is a darker yellow/gold scripted Vikings wordmark below the collar. I haven't found anywhere where the 6th clue has been posted yet, but so far the redesign is looking very good. I think the helmets may end up being a flat/matte purple, which would match the uniforms. I'm kind of over the flat/matte craze, but it could be a good way to achieve a darker looking purple.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Aniki posted:

More clues about the Vikings uniforms became available today. It looks like the jersey will be a darker purple. Supposedly the pantone color didn't change, but the jersey material is a flat purple instead of the shiny purple on their previous uniforms. The collar appears to only be purple, so the awful two tone Nike collar is gone and there is a darker yellow/gold scripted Vikings wordmark below the collar. I haven't found anywhere where the 6th clue has been posted yet, but so far the redesign is looking very good. I think the helmets may end up being a flat/matte purple, which would match the uniforms. I'm kind of over the flat/matte craze, but it could be a good way to achieve a darker looking purple.
I'm confused, I thought the "shininess" was pretty much eliminated with the new Nike materials, and I don't think Minnesota was one of the teams that kept their old designs.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Hazo posted:

I'm confused, I thought the "shininess" was pretty much eliminated with the new Nike materials, and I don't think Minnesota was one of the teams that kept their old designs.

The Nike jerseys were definitely less shiny than the Reebok jerseys due to the materials being used and by old jerseys I was referring to the Reebok ones and not the uniforms with the horrible Nike collars that they wore last year. Something about the pictures of the new jerseys makes the purple look darker as seen in the image attached. Also, the Vikings posted the word mark, which will be just below the collar. It wasn't of the 3 clues being released today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Aniki posted:

The Nike jerseys were definitely less shiny than the Reebok jerseys due to the materials being used and by old jerseys I was referring to the Reebok ones and not the uniforms with the horrible Nike collars that they wore last year. Something about the pictures of the new jerseys makes the purple look darker as seen in the image attached. Also, the Vikings posted the word mark, which will be just below the collar. It wasn't of the 3 clues being released today.

Does anyone else really hate those light sort of fabric stripes on the collars of the new Nike uniforms? Only in the front part of the collar and I think they are elastic stuff, but they always seem to reflect light and look terrible. They are very visible in this photo

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Febreeze posted:

Does anyone else really hate those light sort of fabric stripes on the collars of the new Nike uniforms? Only in the front part of the collar and I think they are elastic stuff, but they always seem to reflect light and look terrible. They are very visible in this photo

I'm not a huge fan of the flywire, but I hate it less than the two toned collars Nike had teams wear last season. I'm not sure why they thought it was a good idea to make jerseys look like polo shirts.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Has anyone actually gone back and looked at the amount of holding calls this season and compared them to previous years, since that was ostensibly the point of the NIKETM FLYWIRE TM stuff

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Hazo posted:

Has anyone actually gone back and looked at the amount of holding calls this season and compared them to previous years, since that was ostensibly the point of the NIKETM FLYWIRE TM stuff
Don't forget the LOCKDOWN FIT.

I doubt it made much of a difference as far as holding (since you grab by the pad edges to hold a block), but perhaps it reduced the blatant looking jersey pulling ones.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

I really like that shade of purple. Might need to pick up a Peterson once they show the whole jersey.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Still not sure how I feel about the logo but it looks fine here. That Broncos hat is nice though

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I feel like the Dolphins logo will look really good on the helmets, especially in motion. I can't wait to see it in actuality

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

It looks like an airline logo.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Is the Dolphin's tramp stamp thing supposed to be on the jersey or the pants?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://shop.miamidolphins.com/Miami-Dolphins-NFL-2013-Draft-New-Era-59FIFTY-Aqua-Hat-_66394685_PD.html?searchType=1&search=26-16511

ugly fart hats

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'll rant here.

I'm tired of the half assed efforts I've seen by New Era in terms of making a good Browns hat.

You seriously have a lot more to work with, and all that we see as fans is some lazyily made up Brown hat with the words "Cleveland Browns" in orange,

Tired of it. There's some amazing things that could be put on a hat instead of some really lazily done effort. I only get pissed about this because I see so many other NFL teams get some awesome throwback/alternate gear, and nothing is done for the Browns ever.

Also gently caress SNAPBACK HATS, and gently caress the Young Money hip-hop artists that made that a relevant style again. That poo poo should have been left far, far back in the 90's. It looks stupid as gently caress, and it's not even ironically cool. Give me a velco backing or a fitted/one size hat over that stupid piece of poo poo plastic in the back.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Good timing on hat chat. I got another one that just came in today, and I think I finally have a sense of what size I should get from now on (taking into account the actual size variability): the one they don't make that would go between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 :doh:. Just a little flex fit to them would keep me from going insane.

As far as designs go I hate a lot of the Raiders ones too. The really annoying thing I've found is that a few of the ones I've liked ended up being snapback only designs. On the plus side they finally made basic one with a black and white (instead of color) NFL logo, but it's exclusive to Lids :wtc:

Edit: y'all got some throwbacks too so at least it's not nothing:
http://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Browns-Black-59Fifty-Fitted/dp/B008RU1DWY/
http://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Browns-Tone-59Fifty-Fitted/dp/B008RTTGYW/

japtor fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 6, 2013

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Sorry I meant white on white sets. I know everyone has a white jersey, it just seems like only a couple teams wear white pants with their white jerseys regularly.

Nice jersey minus the :gizz: stains

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bliggers- posted:

Sorry I meant white on white sets. I know everyone has a white jersey, it just seems like only a couple teams wear white pants with their white jerseys regularly.

I've been against white on whites ever since Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. I can't really explain it and I can't find the best picture to illustrate things, but somehow those uniforms always brought out how tiny his legs were. It just looked really awkward somehow. You can kind of see it here I guess:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I like it; I think the new logo looks pretty good in action. Then again, growing up a Hornets/Panthers fan has predisposed me toward loving anything teal.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Tired of it. There's some amazing things that could be put on a hat instead of some really lazily done effort. I only get pissed about this because I see so many other NFL teams get some awesome throwback/alternate gear, and nothing is done for the Browns ever.

I think the Brownie elf is cool as heck and criminally underused, so yeah, I agree with this.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Grittybeard posted:

I've been against white on whites ever since Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. I can't really explain it and I can't find the best picture to illustrate things, but somehow those uniforms always brought out how tiny his legs were. It just looked really awkward somehow. You can kind of see it here I guess:

For me, it's definitely that helmet that makes this not work. White on white with a white helmet looks a bit better:

(couldn't find a really good picture of them in action on the fly)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Man, Montana was a wimpy skinny dude

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

It's definitely not a good look for the Chiefs. I think it's a combination of their socks being mostly white and the prevalence of Yellow in the uniform. There's just not enough red anywhere in that getup, as a whole. I'm pretty sure even red-on-red would look better.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I'm hoping that the Vikings figure out some way to get rid of their awful white on white road uniforms. I know that people were mixed on the purple pants, but I greatly prefer that look to the blandness of white on white road uniforms.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe purple with absolutely massive yellow or white stripes?

Yeah I know it's a lovely mspaint but I think this kinda solves both issues and it'd look really distinctive in motion.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
The NFL is really lacking in orange.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

I'm open to bringing back the purple pants. I think the all-purple look he Vikings tried with their 2006 era unis didn't work becuase of the 'dazzle' proprietary fabric Reebok was using...the gleam and shininess makes the whole thing look like a 90's superhero getup at a birthday party. Same holds true for the current all-red Cardinals look; monochrome just doesn't look good in that shiny material. If the Vikings are indeed switching to the matte fabric that we've seen Nike use in college football, I think it could turn out looking really good. For whatever reason the matte monochrome comes off as more professional and mature in my head I guess. If they go that route I doubt we'd end up with 'purple pajamas' again.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Management for the Vikings has been fairly smart about a number of things. Very patiently working through the stadium situation, getting a GM and not interfering with him even doing a decent upgrade on the logo. I suspect that the new unis will be a version of the "Classic" look, with the LSU stripes on white and the same kind of armband stripes they had before.

I'd like it if they move the TV numbers off the shoulders and on to the arm bands

I really don't like the purple pants.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
I honestly really like the new Dolphins logo. Although, I loving loved the new Seahawks uniforms from last season so maybe I'm secretly satan's spawn.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Purple pants or not, the Vikings need to do something to break up the monotony of their current road uniforms. Maybe a thicker stripe going down the side of the pants would work, but I just don't like the blandness of their road uniforms. I think that going back to the LSU stripes on the road is likely. They've historically used both lateral and horizontal stripes on different road uniforms, but with how current NFL jerseys basically have no sleeves, I think that the horizontal/LSU stripes would look a lot better.

The Vikings seem to be very aware that the fans want to go back towards the traditional uniforms and everything I've seen so far makes me feel confident that they'll come up with a look that is easily recognizable as the Vikings, but will likely be tastefully updated. Then again tasteful and Nike are two words that don't often go together.

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!

forkbucket posted:

I honestly really like the new Dolphins logo. Although, I loving loved the new Seahawks uniforms from last season so maybe I'm secretly satan's spawn.

I think you answered your own question Damien.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

forkbucket posted:

The Seahawks new unis annoy me but they are at least better then the ones they had before. I like the blue shade better and it at least has some distinctive marks. The "beastquake" era home unis were dull. Except for the bright green ones. Those ruled.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Febreeze posted:

The Seahawks new unis annoy me but they are at least better then the ones they had before. I like the blue shade better and it at least has some distinctive marks. The "beastquake" era home unis were dull. Except for the bright green ones. Those ruled.

Jim Mora Jr retired those immediately because the team lost the only game they played in them (against a good Chicago team).

One more reason to never stop saying, 'gently caress Jim Mora Jr.'

edit: Not sure why I thought they played that game in Chicago. Whatever, the point stands.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 7, 2013

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Schwack posted:

Jim Mora Jr retired those immediately because the team lost the only game they played in them (on the road against a good Chicago team).

One more reason to never stop saying, 'gently caress Jim Mora Jr.'

It was actually a home game against Chicago, but otherwise you are correct. I'm ready to see them again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
E: probably the wrong thread

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Febreeze posted:

Except for the bright green ones. Those ruled.

Hell yes, those kicked rear end. Waaaay better than the all gray ones.

• Locked thread