Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.
Also interested in a code if anyone has one to PM. I'm kind of a big baby and upset their food isn't more... tailored? Local? Specifically the honeycomb flapjack, honeycomb is awesome and amazingly good for allergies... if it's fairly local. Unattainable for a large-ish distribution, though, I get that. Oh well, it looks cool, and healthy, and totally portable to work!

EDIT: New page, yay. For actual content, the ingredients on the honeycomb flapjack are "rolled oats, margarine (vegetable oil, water, salt), demerara sugar, golden syrup, honeycomb, milk chocolate [sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk, cocoa mass, soy lecithin, vanilla] (contains gluten)
contains gluten, milk and soy"

Honey can cause serious allergic reactions in people who are really sensitive to one or several kinds of pollen. Bees make the wax, too, so it's not as if it's allergen-free. Just a weird complaint!

Tourette Meltdown fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
Woo, just got my first box! The snacks included are Florentine, Herby Bread Basket, Garden of England, and Hot Cross Yum. Will update this post with my thoughts as I consume the snacks.

Haven't eaten any yet and I'm already looking forward to next week.

Edit: Just tried the Herby Bread Basket and really liked it, especially the basil baguettes. I might switch it to "love" in the future, but am going to set it at "like" for now so I don't get duplicates for a while.

nerdpony fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 3, 2013

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Modus Trollens posted:

https://www.graze.com/uk/breakfast

any other UK GOONS seen this yet?

Looks like 4 instant porridges (oatmeals) basically
Not really my cup of tea unfortunately - I find fruit in porridge revolting. :( A granola cereal option would be pretty nice though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I didn't realize this thread was still going and actually reviewing the things we're getting so here's my two pennies:

-Every flapjack I've had has been loving delicious. They are immediately consumed upon discovery.
-The Bonnie Wee Oatbakes are sooo good. I want to make an onion marmalade for myself now.
-Everything I've gotten that has a "dip" has been really good. The thai, gazpacho, and chutney dips are definitely top 10.
-I've gotten a couple repeats already, but I think it's just because I've been to liberal with handing out "Loves". I get that after a few weeks they'd probably start sending one or two repeats a box though.

James Peach
Dec 30, 2008
I completely forgot to review the other parts of my box until my second box got here, so I'm gonna rectify that right now. The Fruity Mango Chutney I've already talked about, so here's the rest:

Chili & Lime Pistachios - I can't say much about these, really. I didn't get much of a taste of either chili or lime when I had them. Leaving them on Try for now.
Billionaire's Shortbread - This was good. There was a noticeable difference between the milk chocolate and the fudge pieces, and combined with the almonds and cranberries was a nice combination of flavors. Like.
Super Berry Detox - For me, it was a blend of berries that was good but not great. What surprised me was when I looked at the nutrition facts and saw why they added Detox to the name. Namely, the 124% of Vitamin A and 27% of Iron in a single package. For that, I put it in the Like column.

As for the second box, which I received yesterday:

Apple and Cinnamon Flapjack - Very good. Not much more to say, since this is the first of the flapjacks I've had. Like.
The Firecracker - The rice crackers and the peanuts together more than made up for the lackluster corn sticks. I particularly enjoyed the peanuts, which made me think of savory M&M's. Like.
Pear Tatin - This, sadly, is the first package I just plain didn't like. I'm not a fan of pears normally, and the way they were done here didn't change my mind. If you do like pears, the rest of the package (the cranberries, almonds, and seeds) would likely go well with it. For me though, this goes straight to the Trash.
Sticky Chocolate Pudding - I'm eating this right now, and all I can say is you need to eat all three parts together. You lose a certain something if you eat them separate. Love.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I received my fourth box on Monday, but it still hasn't showed my fifth box being prepared, and it's Thursday. Usually it shows my boxes being prepared 2-3 days before they actually ship, so this has me a bit :confused:

I guess I'll just receive my fifth box late... which is a bit disappointing, but I've been happy so far with the quality of all the food, so I'm still happy that I signed up for this.

Everything I've tried has been pretty good so far, except for Cookies n' Cream, mostly because the sunflower seeds felt super out of place in that snack. So far it's the only snack that I've trashed.

CoarsestGrate posted:

Chili & Lime Pistachios - I can't say much about these, really. I didn't get much of a taste of either chili or lime when I had them. Leaving them on Try for now.

I'm actually really surprised to read this. I got huge chili & lime notes while eating these, although the lime was only in the aftertaste. The combination of the flavors was just spectacular on these, and I can't praise them enough. I really, really enjoyed these, and if I was able to buy these by the pound I totally would.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 4, 2013

wutheringbites
Nov 3, 2008
I took a look at the UK website after seeing this thread and decided to give it a go after they offered me a free box and a half price one after I failed to complete my order the first time.

I got:

Basil and garlic pitted beldi olives. Not bad, nothing spectacular. Olives are always a good snack, even if these are a bit drowned in oil.
Summer berry flapjack Delicious. I'm not usually massively keen on flapjack but this was lovely.
Mango chutney with black pepper dippers Quite moreish. The dipper were tasty and the chutney was nice.
Chocolate orange granola Ate this with yoghurt and loved it. I'd definitely recommend this one.

Overall I was really happy with my order. My code is JCQ2XD2D, but it'll only work for those in the UK. Have at it, British goons.

RavenousElegance
Jun 13, 2012

So... I'm over it. It was good, and fun, but just not my scene long term.

I'm willing to transfer my account to someone else if that's even possible (I assume it is, since I can change my name, email address, and mailing address...)

I have a box coming next week that has been billed for, but after that one is shipped.... let me know if anyone is willing to take this off my hands.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Well, my 4th box apparently made some hungry USPS worker very happy, as it shows no signs of ever arriving. 5th and 6th boxes showed up though, so i'll post some thoughts:

Summer berry flapjacks: as others have said, these are wonderful. Nice and soft, excellent flavor from the berries.

Scrumptious blueberry swirl: not too bad, but the berries are sort of forgettable compared to the blueberry yogurt raisins.

Chocolate orange granola: Trashed this. The chocolate and orange didn't come through strongly, all I got was something like cloves...my wife tried some and hated it as well.

Jaffa cake: This on the other hand, I could eat a ton of. The dark chocolate and the orange-infused raisins go together great with no off flavors.

James Peach
Dec 30, 2008

Kudosx posted:

I'm actually really surprised to read this. I got huge chili & lime notes while eating these, although the lime was only in the aftertaste. The combination of the flavors was just spectacular on these, and I can't praise them enough. I really, really enjoyed these, and if I was able to buy these by the pound I totally would.

Maybe my package didn't get enough of the seasoning for me to notice. If I happen to get another helping of them in a future box, I'll re-review it.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

RavenousElegance posted:

So... I'm over it. It was good, and fun, but just not my scene long term.

I'm willing to transfer my account to someone else if that's even possible (I assume it is, since I can change my name, email address, and mailing address...)

I have a box coming next week that has been billed for, but after that one is shipped.... let me know if anyone is willing to take this off my hands.

I volunteer!

PM me if you'd like my details.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
Box #4 has been eaten!

Smoky Gazpacho Dip: I was fully expecting to hate this based on the description, but my god is it good! The gazpacho is smoky (as advertised) and not too tomato-y, and the crispy little baguette chips that they provide are a great vehicle for it. This one's definitely a Love.

Orange and Ginger Flapjack: Woo, my second flapjack! I actually wish that there was more ginger "bite" in this one - all I could really taste was the orange - but it was still delicious. Leaving it at Love.

Hickory Smoked Nuts and Seeds: Smoked almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. The star of this mix was the cashews, as they held the smoke flavor wonderfully. The almonds, not so much, but they were still pretty tasty. The two seeds turned out fairly smoky too, with the sunflower seeds at a close second behind the cashews in my book. All in all, a solid Like.

Strawberry Milkshake: I think that this simple mix of dried strawberries, banana coins, and white chocolate buttons may be my favorite thing that I've got so far. The white chocolate combined with either the bananas or strawberries is a dead-ringer for a mini-milkshake in your mouth. Love, would get every single goddamn box!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Box #5:

Mississippi Barbecue Pistachios: I'm a huge fan of pistachios, so I loved these. They were nice and smoky, but not too strongly flavored. If you're not already a fan of pistachios, though, these won't change your mind.

Super Fiery Seeds: I was a little disappointed in these. They really don't have much heat, and I found them too salty. As someone said before, though, the portion size for these is a bit bigger than most of the other snacks.

Hot Cross Yum: This was wonderful. Absolutely my favorite snack so far. I already loved the orange-infused raisins, and they work better here than in the Jaffa Cake mix. The honey almonds are the same as those delicious candied almonds you get at state fairs and such. I really can't recommend this one highly enough.

Bonnie Wee Oatbakes: I really liked these, and don't understand why people have been so divided on them. The oatbakes have a nice herby cheese flavor I wasn't expecting, and the onion marmalade was delicious—you need to get these if you love caramelized onions or sweet onion anything.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 6, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Summer Berry Compote with Shortbread: Just mark it "love" and trust me. It's simple, but it's so good.

Vinegar and salt nut mix: I guess I have a high tolerance for vinegar because I can't really taste it much. It's not bad but it's plain. Lots of nuts though.

Poached Pear: MUCH better than the Pear Tatin. Their dried pears are still a little gritty but it's definitely an improvement in my opinion. I liked it.

I'm getting a bunch of repeats now, which is disappointing but on the other hand, I'm getting hot cross yum and florentine within a week of each other which are probably two of my favorite if not my top favorites.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Well, I've been subscribed for the entire month of March and... their support staff is good. Two boxes were sent out, and never arrived at my door. They've promised me two free boxes, but if the third doesn't show up, I'm giving up. I changed my delivery address to my office, so hopefully someone in the office doesn't intercept this box.

I'm pissed, too. My first two boxes had the bonnie wee oatbakes, the toffee apple, and the summer berry flapjacks. FU, postman :mad:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Did anyone ever get that Indian snack mix with the goji berries? I can't remember what it was called. I just noticed it's gone from the site, and I'd been hoping to get that since my very first box.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Rollersnake posted:

Did anyone ever get that Indian snack mix with the goji berries? I can't remember what it was called. I just noticed it's gone from the site, and I'd been hoping to get that since my very first box.

I got it, it's called Bombay something or other, and I think it's been discontinued because it says it's unavailable to rate on my past boxes. Shame too, it was absolutely delicious.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
It appears they've discontinued Mango Lassi which as opposed to others I thought was fairly tasty. Not amazing but I'd have given it a like and not minded seeing it occasionally.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

I was expecting Lightly Toasted Pistachios to be boring and an insta-trash after I tried them, but these are damned tasty.

Has the referral chain stalled out? I've seen a lot of people asking, but haven't seen a lot of people reporting that they were signing up.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

kazmeyer posted:

I was expecting Lightly Toasted Pistachios to be boring and an insta-trash after I tried them, but these are damned tasty.

Has the referral chain stalled out? I've seen a lot of people asking, but haven't seen a lot of people reporting that they were signing up.

Yeah it kind of seems that way, I've been waiting some time now. Hopefully it will pick back up soon.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally got a code! Gonna go see who asked for a code first after my first request and we'll work from there. Thank you kind anonymous twitter person :3:

e - code passed on to niveous!

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 6, 2013

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I DO have a code, however I am a UK goon, so I don't know if that would work as a referral code for a non-UK goon.

I'll stick it here, and if anyone wants to try and see if it works for their referral, they're more than welcome -

T3MXP7RD

Edit : Only caveat is, please let me know if it does or does not work. Thanks.

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 7, 2013

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried several times. UK codes are just for UK subscriptions, and vice-versa I assume.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
The honeycomb flapjack is hands down the best thing I've had, and the thing that kills me is that it isn't that far off from a regular old granola bar. How the gently caress granola bar makers haven't jumped on the moistness wagon I will never understand.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
The Toffee Apple with the dipping sauce was really tasty. I could eat that over and over.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I like how the inserts are now just double-sided referral cards with no codes on them. I sure hope they get the volume sorted out soon and more folks can :goon:.

I wonder what stops some of the foodstuffs from crossing overseas. I would loving love the olive dishes (that somehow made their way into the OP, you sneaky gently caress) and the puddings looks quite tasty too.

I'm on box 4 and most everything has been awesome so far. Dried fruits and the flapjacks are my favorites, and the only thing I had to toss out was the onion marmelade stuff that was so so very strong tasting.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
So, I've tried all the snacks I got in last week's box.

I really liked Herby Bread Basket, Florentine, and English Summer Garden, but Hot Cross Yum just wasn't for me.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Richard M Nixon posted:

I wonder what stops some of the foodstuffs from crossing overseas. I would loving love the olive dishes (that somehow made their way into the OP, you sneaky gently caress) and the puddings looks quite tasty too.

For starters they are shipping in boxes that by our mail standards here in states are asking for trouble. That they have to go through two different postal services, take a plane ride only to get mauled here by customs then our lovely USPS rapes them.

Think of it as salmon swimming up a very narrow stream to spawn but there are really hungry bears waiting, everywhere. Ooh and it looks like we had a really mild winter and the water in that stream is only about three inches deep..

Hang on, I think that is a deep sea fishing trawler that managed to beach itself now too.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

demonR6 posted:

For starters they are shipping in boxes that by our mail standards here in states are asking for trouble. That they have to go through two different postal services, take a plane ride only to get mauled here by customs then our lovely USPS rapes them.
The boxes really are flimsy and don't offer much protection, so I'll buy that the olives and more breakable items mightn't make it. I've been pleasantly surprised that none of my packaged dips have exploded into the container.

demonR6 posted:

Think of it as salmon swimming up a very narrow stream to spawn but there are really hungry bears waiting, everywhere. Ooh and it looks like we had a really mild winter and the water in that stream is only about three inches deep..

Hang on, I think that is a deep sea fishing trawler that managed to beach itself now too.
:psypop:

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
I got this email from them today:

Graze posted:

We’ve sent you a special spring treat in the mail which should be arriving in the next few days. All you have to do is let us know when it does arrive. It’s super easy and quick…

1) when your surprise arrives go to https://www.graze.com/bunny

2) enter the code on the letter with your surprise

3) check the day on which your surprise arrived

As a little thanks for your help we will credit your account with an extra invitation code so you can invite one more friend to join graze!

Looks like they are doing this to check shipping speed. It'll be interesting to see what they send plus bonus invite code. I'm not sure how many people are going to receive this but it could help with all the outstanding invite requests.

I'm still getting two repeats per box so I went through and trashed a whole bunch of things in the hope I'll get more new things or if I get repeats at least they'll be things I really like. Like this week I'm getting the fruity mango chutney and summer berry flapjack again which I'm okay with.

chewybagel
Feb 13, 2006
Box #3...not my favorite box so far.

Apple cinnamon flapjack I liked this flapjack a lot, but not as much as the summer berry flapjack from my last box. It didn't seem too apple-cinnamon-y, but I still enjoy the flapjacks enough to keep them a love. (I am only rating things as trash, try, and love so far).

Shangri-la This had almonds, lingonberries, pineapple, and pumpkin seeds. The dried pineapple was definitely the dominant flavor, so if you like that, it's a good snack. try

Herby bread basket A good crunchy snack, although the oregano rice crackers had a notable sweetness. try, though I might trash it if I get it too often.

Cookies and cream Kind of weird, but definitely munchable. I kept it at try, but I might trash it later as well since I don't love white chocolate.

My fourth and fifth boxes have already been sent, but I haven't received either yet. Looking forward to trying the different flapjacks in them.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
If anyone has a US code, I'd really appreciate it. Looking to try this out :)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I, too would be interested in a US code. toshimo@toshimo.com

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I got the honeycomb flapjack in my most recent box.

Sweet jesus, fill up a truck with them and just back it directly into my mouth.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope we get the puddings some day. The high low tea cakes would be nice, if not as fitting for the US where it doesn't exist and all :v:.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 8, 2013

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Can we compile a current list of names that are still waiting for codes so if this magical bunny invite becomes standard we can get the goons on the wait list in on this?

I don't mind maintaining the list and managing it if someone compiles it. I just have too much poo poo going on at work this next few days else I would scrub the post for names and such.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
For info, for those of you who are getting a few repeats - there is a preference setting which allows you to pick if you want more products you like/love, a balanced set, or more from your try range. Have a fiddle with your try/like/loves and adjust this, see if you get a different range.

I've also found the flapjacks to be incredibly delicious, a lot thicker and with actually visible rolled oats, compared to the more commercial flapjacks here in the UK, where you can see the oats, but it sort of devolved into a heavily compressed mess.

I don't know what snack selection the US has, but they've recently released the Graze Brownie and little puds - though I'm yet to get any of those. Will post feedback should they come.

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

Even ignoring the boxes being man-handled, stuff like the high tea snacks have a super short expiry date. I think the ginger and pumpkin cake with afternoon tea arrived on the 3rd and expired on the 5th. So not really conductive to international shipping.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Innerguard posted:

For info, for those of you who are getting a few repeats - there is a preference setting which allows you to pick if you want more products you like/love, a balanced set, or more from your try range. Have a fiddle with your try/like/loves and adjust this, see if you get a different range.

I'm trying to get repeats and they won't give them to me despite trashing over 50 items and setting things to "send more like/love".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I am highly tempted to trash every option that isn't mainly dried fruit, flapjacks, or summer berry dipper thing.

...and then make another account to get them twice a week...

• Locked thread