Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing Smitty/Parley in the forest doing their things.

I refuse to believe you typed that sentence with innocent intent.

I wonder where Parley is then, maybe shes not actually in the forest (or at the bridge like Eglamore is/was) since shes in training?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Conot posted:

I refuse to believe you typed that sentence with innocent intent.

I wonder where Parley is then, maybe shes not actually in the forest (or at the bridge like Eglamore is/was) since shes in training?

She's probably learning how to arrive at the most dramatically appropriate time, and also how to look more generic so that no one is ever sure if she's actually there or not.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Boy, this is the most realistic computer simulation Doctor Disaster has cooked up yet!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Mazerunner posted:

She's probably learning how to arrive at the most dramatically appropriate time, and also how to look more generic so that no one is ever sure if she's actually there or not.

I just had to pick up the phone because you loving called it.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Looks like Smitty's ability to make everything boring isn't helping out in the forest all too much.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Meowjesty posted:

Looks like Smitty's ability to make everything boring isn't helping out in the forest all too much.

I don't know, they seem to be having a pretty obstacle free run for being in the forest.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Oh, gosh. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm as far as chiding Annie for forest tomfoolery.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prison Warden posted:

The comic's description is the best part. I cracked up at that.

Also, is it just me or is Annie's first line, well, off? It looks like it should be either, "That didn't exactly go according to plan," or "That didn't go exactly as planned," rather than "That didn't go exactly to plan," which, well, makes no sense.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Roland Jones posted:

The comic's description is the best part. I cracked up at that.

Also, is it just me or is Annie's first line, well, off? It looks like it should be either, "That didn't exactly go according to plan," or "That didn't go exactly as planned," rather than "That didn't go exactly to plan," which, well, makes no sense.

That does makes sense, though. It's a common phrasing.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I'm guessing that Coyote is enraged after Smitty accidentally made all of the " puzzle pieces" he's composed of sort themselves by color and size.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I just realized how badass it would look if Chris Yates made a baffler out of Coyote.

http://www.chrisyates.net/store/puzz.html Somebody with more money than I needs to commission one and make it happen!

SECOND EDIT: Oh no I ruined this page's avatar streak! Sorry!

The Red Queen fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 5, 2013

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Roland Jones posted:

That's a Brit vs. Yank thing. You see "to plan" more in British English and "according to plan" more in American English.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

The Red Queen posted:

I'm guessing that Coyote is enraged after Smitty accidentally made all of the " puzzle pieces" he's composed of sort themselves by color and size.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I just realized how badass it would look if Chris Yates made a baffler out of Coyote.

http://www.chrisyates.net/store/puzz.html Somebody with more money than I needs to commission one and make it happen!

SECOND EDIT: Oh no I ruined this page's avatar streak! Sorry!

You know what must happen.

You must be one of us now.

One of us.
One of us.

(also goddamit Annie will you stop treating the forest like a big joke this is what led to you nearly getting killed by wolfdog god last time)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Conot posted:

One of us.
One of us.

(also goddamit Annie will you stop treating the forest like a big joke this is what led to you nearly getting killed by wolfdog god last time)

Eh, she just grew used to it. Now she rolls her eyes and goes "Oh, Ysengrin..." and a laugh track is heard. Nobody knows where it comes from.

She still has to run for her life, of course.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

I was hoping T-san would have explained who was the guy training Parley. But I see that torch has been passed.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Parley has gotten a lot taller, and manlier.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Conot posted:

One of us.
One of us.

I think she's just accepted that she'll always have some interaction with ethereal beings and that they could kill her at any time, kinda like with

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Dogdoo 8 posted:

I think she's just accepted that she'll always have some interaction with ethereal beings and that they could kill her at any time, kinda like with

That picture still gives me a case of the creeping willies.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ursine Asylum posted:

That picture still gives me a case of the creeping willies.

I imagine it gave those guys even more. :v:

When did the whole "Who is the big guy?" thing start. Was it a joke that Tom made or something that someone posted?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Brainamp posted:

I imagine it gave those guys even more. :v:

When did the whole "Who is the big guy?" thing start. Was it a joke that Tom made or something that someone posted?

I think it was a joke that originated from how much Eglamore's looks varied in his early appearances, in a sort of criticism towards Tom's style at the time. Not sure if he himself started it, though!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brainamp posted:

Gunnerkrigg comment section.

Can't point to when it happened because comments are only shown for the current page; there's no comment when looking at the archive. But the result was Tom pointing out who Eglamore was every time he appeared for long enough for the joke to go stale.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Cat Mattress posted:

Gunnerkrigg comment section.

Can't point to when it happened because comments are only shown for the current page; there's no comment when looking at the archive. But the result was Tom pointing out who Eglamore was every time he appeared for long enough for the joke to go stale.

And then later pointing out who everyone else is every time Eglamore appears.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazerunner posted:

Sadly, Huge Nose Girl will never be able match her teacher's generic lookability.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

idonotlikepeas posted:

That's a Brit vs. Yank thing. You see "to plan" more in British English and "according to plan" more in American English.

I was actually going to ask exactly that, but decided against it because I thought it'd be stupid to go "uh hey guys is this a weird British thing or just a typo?" Worked out great, huh?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Roland Jones posted:

I was actually going to ask exactly that, but decided against it because I thought it'd be stupid to go "uh hey guys is this a weird British thing or just a typo?" Worked out great, huh?

It happens. I did the exact same thing once on a mailing list about "different from" and "different to", except I was a lot more acerbic about it. Oops.

I hope we get to see a little Eglamore backstory this chapter. If he's teaching Parley, we can find out some things about his whole deal as defender of the Court. Unless Tom cuts away at the exact moment things are about to be revealed. Of course, he would never do anything like that!

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
I'm hoping it's something alarming but ultimately non-threatening, like the fairies are in thrall to the charms of Mighty Eyebrows Boy and are chasing him down to... uh... woo him.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Conot posted:

One of us.
One of us.

OMG! Thank you thank you thank you!

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
I want Smitty's coat.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Is Annie lying with the 'Never!' or is there something completely different from a big angry Ysengrim chasing them?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Zwachro posted:

Is Annie lying with the 'Never!' or is there something completely different from a big angry Ysengrim chasing them?

I don't think she'd look so happy if it was Ysengrin again.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm assuming it's a coyote prank, and she's pranking him in her capacity as Coyote's the forest's medium.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Maybe they're running from a Gol-Shogeg!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Their touch is instant death.

AAAAAAAH!

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Tom just posted this on the Gunnerkrigg Court tumblr:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I like the "Robot Voice Comics" logo.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

I believe I would like to have that very, very much.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

That looks gorgeous. Is there a release date for this yet?

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Run, big guy, run!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Carver what did you do

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Annie in panel 2. I can't handle it.

Adbot