Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Carbohydrates posted:

Life is good

I hope this isn't for the next goonshoot :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Thrifted a pair of Levi 514s for $10. Not as good as the 505s a few weeks back at $2 for two pair, but better than retail.

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Our love will rust this world

Jeesis posted:

All but the belt are for sure going to be here on friday.

what keyboard is this? It looks glorious.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

SpartanIV posted:

I hope this isn't for the next goonshoot :ohdear:
Well one of the items in that post certainly is, and I ain't saying which one!

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

A Sober Irishman posted:

I didn't think it would ever die either, the things are ridiculously hardy. This is what mine looked like at the end:

That's a piece of art.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Closet Cyborg posted:

what keyboard is this? It looks glorious.

PC 122 Black 5250 Buckling Spring USB (I have no idea if they are any good, I just saw it pop up in the keyboard thread)
http://pckeyboard.com/page/PC122/UB40B5A

I just picked on of these suckers:

Its a Filco Minila 60% mechanical keyboard with CherryMX Blue switches.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rented Bioshock Infinite and got a new futon.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mick ohio posted:

I bought a unicycle. Can't wait to figure this out.

In no time at all you could be doing stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAM2s-cgiqk

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

A Sober Irishman posted:

I didn't think it would ever die either, the things are ridiculously hardy. This is what mine looked like at the end:

I really like that picture, it'd be great as a background for an iPhone or something. :3:

I just got this, because I'm an idiot manchild that hasn't learned his lesson from 2 drawers filled with unused MTG cards:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

A Sober Irishman posted:

That is the most goddamn badass iPod I have ever laid eyes upon. It looks fatigued in all the right ways, it's just a shame it doesn't work.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's mostly just to make it less of a pain to put it in my car. Why would a quick release be bad on a fixed gear?

edit: it will only be on the front wheel, the back will be bolted/nutted/whatever.
The gif thread has the answer to all your questions.

A Sober Irishman
Sep 13, 2007

"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."

qball posted:

That's a piece of art.

Geektox posted:

I really like that picture, it'd be great as a background for an iPhone or something. :3:

Facepalm Ranger posted:

That is the most goddamn badass iPod I have ever laid eyes upon. It looks fatigued in all the right ways, it's just a shame it doesn't work.

Thanks for the iPod love guys. I will treasure it even after its death, I treated that thing like poo poo and it was still good to me. Must have just been the hard drive in the end.

mystes
May 31, 2006

woot fatigue posted:

Quick-release plus fixed gear is a disaster waiting to happen. Just get some nuts and lock the wheel to the frame when you park.
This is silly because 1) nobody should ever lock just the wheel to a rack in the first place and 2) if you're going to lock the wheel to the frame it doesn't matter if you're using quick release wheels or not. Also, in past I have routinely left a bike with quick release wheels locked outside with only the frame secured, and I never had a wheel stolen. (This will probably depend on where you are, however.)

That said, I'm sort of confused by Coffee And Pie's post because if his/her bike is fixed gear and doesn't already have a quick release skewer in front then wouldn't the front wheel it came with have a solid axle, making it impossible to use with a quick release skewer?

If you just want to take off the front wheel to fit the bike in your car you could also just keep a wrench in your car. The back wheel takes a couple minutes to reattach with a fixed gear bike since you need to get the chain tension right, but a solid axle front wheel isn't that much slower than a quick release. The main advantage of quick release is just that you don't have to carry around a wrench in order to change flats.

Edit: Also, I wonder if thieves would even bother stealing a $100 40 pound walmart fixie if it was locked in any manner.

mystes has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Apr 7, 2013

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

marshmallard posted:

A proper Monopoly board. Not one of the crappy new ones where you get a debit card, or a million annoying references to some TV show (that aren't carried through to Chance/Community Chest etc), or the wrong locations, or a board that folds into four instead of two. The proper London Monopoly.

I had to get it from eBay because I'm so fussy :/

Are you just trolling, or were you not aware that the US version is the original (and therefore superior) version?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

App13 posted:

I dig how sleek this is; but as someone with a sloppy Shift finger, it makes me uneasy.

I picked this up on a whim on Friday, after watching Day[9] play some with Felicia Day :3:

Wicked fun, great seamless fighting. Although, after dozens of hours playing Dark Souls, it's way too drat easy.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

I've been meaning to buy one of these for about a year now, but it keeps popping up in my facebook ad feed now, so I finally ordered one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

App13 posted:

What's up with the giant caps lock key? I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious if there's some reason it's so large...like, is it designed for some line of work where you might have to frequently type in all caps?

Or is it just because they decided to do the "inverted giant enter key," so they had extra room on that line, and figured "welp, I guess we gotta make the caps lock key bigger."

And now I see that because of the "inverted enter," the forward slash is way over near the Z...yeah, I could never properly us that.

Still looks cool, though.

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."

DrBouvenstein posted:

What's up with the giant caps lock key? I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious if there's some reason it's so large...like, is it designed for some line of work where you might have to frequently type in all caps?

Or is it just because they decided to do the "inverted giant enter key," so they had extra room on that line, and figured "welp, I guess we gotta make the caps lock key bigger."

And now I see that because of the "inverted enter," the forward slash is way over near the Z...yeah, I could never properly us that.

Still looks cool, though.

That's the UK (maybe others?) keyboard layout. I'm typing on it right now.

Typing on a US keyboard messes me right up.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

A Sheila Maid to put these high victorian ceilings to some use. Only classy laundry airing for us from now on.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

dancehall posted:

Are you just trolling, or were you not aware that the US version is the original (and therefore superior) version?

Of course I know that, but I didn't say I wanted the original one. If I did, I would have bought some old wooden 1900s thing, wouldn't I?

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
New-ish, goes like hell...

And this one I haven't quite figured out, all I know is that it's very fast in a straight line...

Love them both.

zzttaozia
Aug 26, 2009

suck it down

ChocNitty posted:

Tyler The Creator's solo abum

I got curious about this so I went ahead and had a listen...

Thanks! That dude is amazing.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wigbot v2.0 posted:

And this one I haven't quite figured out, all I know is that it's very fast in a straight line...

So basically the same idea as a twin-keel retrofish? Mush-board? I could use one of those...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Just won this on ebay

It's for a Model B but I'm pretty confident it will work in my HD Military (although possibly look a tad silly)

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

ChocNitty posted:

Tyler The Creator's solo abum

Tyler's kind of a piece of poo poo but this cover is loving great.

I bought tickets to the Mariners home opener because I hate myself, and tickets to Thursday's game because Felix Hernandez is pitching for 100 wins and my mom wanted to go. And I hate myself.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Trillest Parrot posted:

Tyler's kind of a piece of poo poo but this cover is loving great.

I bought tickets to the Mariners home opener because I hate myself, and tickets to Thursday's game because Felix Hernandez is pitching for 100 wins and my mom wanted to go. And I hate myself.

Wait... Your mom is coming with us? This game just got 100% more interesting.

Wojo
Jul 20, 2006

Let's grind mustache ride these bitches down!

That's a picture of freedom, because I just paid off my last student loan.

Now the fun begins :)

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Wojo posted:

Congratulations!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Wojo posted:

I have a feeling when I finally pay mine off, I'll be too old and frail to be able to do such a thing.

Let's check the old balance...

$68,931

Woo, I'm under 70k! :woop:

And thanks to having to re-consolidate at the worst possible time, I have a lovely interest on the majority of those loans, and monthly payments of ~$600. One single loan has a $350 monthly payment, of which over $300 alone goes to interest...so yeah, that one isn't even really going down until the two smaller loans get payed off entirely.

:smith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hey there uncle money bags, how about lending the rest of us some cash then?

I think mine are finally down below $40k...

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I have a feeling when I finally pay mine off, I'll be too old and frail to be able to do such a thing.

Let's check the old balance...

$68,931

Woo, I'm under 70k! :woop:

And thanks to having to re-consolidate at the worst possible time, I have a lovely interest on the majority of those loans, and monthly payments of ~$600. One single loan has a $350 monthly payment, of which over $300 alone goes to interest...so yeah, that one isn't even really going down until the two smaller loans get payed off entirely.

:smith:

Student loan time: I've got 4 years left on mine - and I'm paying $385 a month. So that's $18500 or so that I still need to pay, it's going to be great finally paying off the loan after been doing that for 9 years!

Oh Noetry
Jul 3, 2008

For my baby niece who's just turned one, some floofy jackets.

For her mother, my sister who's about to turn 29, some Royal Doulton crystal goblets.

And for my brother, who's turning 31, a Skagen 809XLTTM.

And for me, because I felt sorry for myself: pork belly ramen, Ben and Jerry's and a pack of Marlboro Ice Blast. They don't look this pretty anymore thanks to plain packaging laws but I like to keep the memory alive.

Gilbert
May 4, 2009
This beautiful Ercol chair and footstool from Ebay.
Almost won a not so nice one the other month.
Picking it up tomorrow evening.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Scarf posted:

So basically the same idea as a twin-keel retrofish? Mush-board? I could use one of those...

Yeah, that's where I use it most.. Pretty much built for the British summertime. Although it goes really well in decent clean surf too, and puts a smile on my face regardless.

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

Oh Noetry posted:

For my baby niece who's just turned one, some floofy jackets.

For her mother, my sister who's about to turn 29, some Royal Doulton crystal goblets.

And for my brother, who's turning 31, a Skagen 809XLTTM.

And for me, because I felt sorry for myself: pork belly ramen, Ben and Jerry's and a pack of Marlboro Ice Blast. They don't look this pretty anymore thanks to plain packaging laws but I like to keep the memory alive.

Are you in the states? I've never seen Marlboro ice blast cigs and wanna try em.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Yeah, that's where I use it most.. Pretty much built for the British summertime. Although it goes really well in decent clean surf too, and puts a smile on my face regardless.

Who shapes them? I'm not familiar with that logo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Contour +2 with my REI dividends & its "20% off 1 item sale." Tried taping some stuff yesterday with the camera in the waterproof housing but nothing recorded. Guess I should have read the instruction manual. :effort:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Ombre jeans.

HD spy camera glasses.

Egg blower.

Clock works.

It's going to be a hell of a night.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Abbeh posted:

Ombre jeans.

HD spy camera glasses.

Egg blower.

Clock works.

It's going to be a hell of a night.

What use are you going to make of a rotating DIY spy-scrotum? Besides the obvious, that is.

Hellbeard has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Apr 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Abbeh posted:

Ombre jeans.

Do you actually have the jeans? How do they fit? I'm always wary of buying jeans off the net but I love these (and the blue ones...).

• Locked thread