Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Dysfunctional Systems Episode 1 is out. It's by the people who made Juniper's Knot, is five bucks and includes the 18-track OST with it: https://dischan.org/store/product.php?productID=8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Well, I downloaded both of those and read through them (Juniper's Knot and DysSys,) and they're both pretty cool.

DysSys in particular feels like it really might go somewhere with the worldbuilding and characterization they've done so far; definitely worth 5 bucks.

It reminds me of The Witcher 2's first act, actually, in that the one significant choice you make does result in two very different diverging paths for the narrative that I'm interested in seeing continue in further episodes.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 4, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, it's so.. drat polished, on just about every level. Small changes to expressions (like Cyrus when Winter is trying to figure out how brands tie into alcohol), the interface, movement, sound effects (thanks for the :barf: SFX, really)..

I only played till a little bit past the intro video clip, but

WHOOPS TRUE FUSION THERE GOES SULE was really not what I was expecting. Nor was Cyrus, judging from his "Oh, gently caress" expression. I really liked the bit in the recovery room, and Waverly seems pretty cool, especially reading an excerpt of their world's Twilight equivalent for Winter's... enjoyment.

So yeah, awesome stuff, Dischan have well earned my :5bux: and I'm looking forward to more.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

The soundtrack was a neat bonus. I wasn't expecting that, and it's really bloody good.

Don't really feel like there is much to judge, but $5 is definitely no big deal for what I got.

Impressed that the codex actually has a story meaning instead of just info dump.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
So i decided to give Katawa Shoujo a try and i'm about an hour in and i'm just wondering how long a typical first playthrough is.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Smornstein posted:

So i decided to give Katawa Shoujo a try and i'm about an hour in and i'm just wondering how long a typical first playthrough is.

I think each route is maybe about ~6 hours long? As far as VNs go, it's not overly long.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Holy poo poo, R07 might be guilty of a lot of writing faults, but the man definitely knows his way around making people paranoid as all gently caress. Umineko managed to freak me out a few times, but so far Higurashi has been far, far better in that regard. And there's still like 6 and a half more episodes to go... :ohdear:

E: Watanagashi spoilers: Good god Keiichi, why won't you just tell Ooishi what's going on? You're just sitting there having your little freakout, being ridiculous, coming to a bunch of possibly correct conclusions, and this police detective that can protect you is sitting there completely oblivious. Just, c'mon man, help yourself out so that everyone can be all happy and stuff because that was really nice. :smith: I really like a lot of the messing about scenes before Watanagashi happened both times, and it makes the stuff that happens afterwards pretty sad. I just wish these guys could work it all out.

klapman fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 5, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The first two chapters are probably his poorest paced, where he was definitely testing the waters a bit to get a feel for what worked best. So if you're on board now you'll be in for quite a ride.

I'm glad there seem to be more people playing Higurashi. I would actually say it's a pretty underrated VN all things considered despite the popularity of the anime. I would guess most people watched the anime and figured the VN wasn't worth the time and/or didn't know about the PS2 patches.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 6, 2013

Battle Strudel
Jan 1, 2010
On Higurashi, is there any way of playing it on a mac? I've been playing Manga Gamer's iOS releases but they've only got to the first game in Kai and I'd really like to play the rest.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Battle Strudel posted:

On Higurashi, is there any way of playing it on a mac? I've been playing Manga Gamer's iOS releases but they've only got to the first game in Kai and I'd really like to play the rest.

I managed to get it working back when I had a mac through some ungodly combination of ONscripter and Wine, although I couldn't tell you how.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Nate RFB posted:

The first two chapters are probably his poorest paced, where he was definitely testing the waters a bit to get a feel for what worked best. So if you're on board now you'll be in for quite a ride.

I'm glad there seem to be more people playing Higurashi. I would actually say it's a pretty underrated VN all things considered despite the popularity of the anime. I would guess most people watched the anime and figured the VN wasn't worth the time and/or didn't know about the PS2 patches.

Yeah, i'm kinda disappointed that i'm so spoiled on what goes on later in the series, but the execution so far has more than made up for it. That, and knowing some (but not all) aspects of the later story is making some of the earlier stuff even more interesting, actually. For example, Rika talking about the "dogs" when if i'm remembering right the mercenary group is called the Yamainu was actually really cool, and I hope i'm not just making associations where there are none, but if i'm right drat that's rad as hell.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't think that has anything to do with anything. It's just an extension of her kitty cat metaphor.

I talked someone into reading Umineko blind and they just passed the Chapter 1 tea party. I'm so proud.

Muv Luv extra is ridiculous. Oh let have sex literally next door to the teachers and faculty deciding whether or not to revoke your college scholarship for indecency. What the poo poo? It trolled me for a second making me think she was turning me down while poo poo blows over but nope.

I'm about to start unlimited. Was this released alongside extra? They decided in advance to have like a full metal panic/fumoffu drastic series theme change but in reverse? Or was it released later? I can't find this out.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Unlimited was on the same disk as Extra, you bought it in a package. Not, of course, that they told you it was on there.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Krinkle posted:

I don't think that has anything to do with anything. It's just an extension of her kitty cat metaphor.

I talked someone into reading Umineko blind and they just passed the Chapter 1 tea party. I'm so proud.

Muv Luv extra is ridiculous. Oh let have sex literally next door to the teachers and faculty deciding whether or not to revoke your college scholarship for indecency. What the poo poo? It trolled me for a second making me think she was turning me down while poo poo blows over but nope.

I'm about to start unlimited. Was this released alongside extra? They decided in advance to have like a full metal panic/fumoffu drastic series theme change but in reverse? Or was it released later? I can't find this out.

It was intended from the start. Part of the reason Extra is so bland is to give a sense of normalcy to break.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Krinkle posted:

What?

Oh, Class Rep route.

People shouldn't do the class rep route. Literally every other route is better and more significant. Even Tama's.

Even Marimo's gag end.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I finished the Chihaya route in Rewrite. Some thoughts:
• Kotarou is infuriatingly stupid in this route. He is literally far worse than Fate Shirou. He considers Guardian the unreasonable ones for not wanting to compromise with people who want to kill all humans.
• Chihaya is also stupid, but that’s not a bad thing because she’s supposed to be stupid and it was sometimes funny, while Kotarou is apparently just supposed to be idealistic :rolleyes:
• I found Sakuya annoying at first, but he became quite tolerable (even cool) around the time he settled on a single nickname for Kotarou.
Shizuru turned out to be a surprisingly good character.
• The villains were terrible. People who want to blow up everything need more interesting reasons than that.
• The fight scenes were cool, but relied on precisely the shonen logic that the Kotori route repeatedly mocked as unrealistic. (The fact that the routes had different authors was glaringly obvious in general.)
Why didn’t Kotarou lose his powers when the Key vanished?
• The comparisons to UBW are obvious although Kotarou fights for less sensible ideals and is presented with less of a challenge to them, so if it’s meant to be a commentary on UBW’s themes, it fails.
• I didn’t hate it as much as some of the above points might seem to imply.

That leaves Lucia, Shizuru, Akane, Moon, and Terra.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 7, 2013

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Nephilm posted:

What?

Oh, Class Rep route.

People shouldn't do the class rep route. Literally every other route is better and more significant. Even Tama's.

Even Marimo's gag end.

The 'side' routes are fine and more interesting than the main routes, which are really pretty boring, if you are interested in the characters. They are nothing special but that's kinda extra in a nutshell.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Muvluv unlimited has just about the loneliest feeling I've ever had from a game. Class Rep just promised me that nobody would smooch me unless my life was in danger. The last thing I remember before waking up here was smooching on everyone so that hurts the most out of anything she could have possibly said, probably.

e: sorry didn't mean to spread false hope

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 7, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I'm trying to run Rewrite after installing, but I keep getting the "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." error. I'm in Japanese locale, using the r4 patch, I've tried both alternative .exes suggested in the error thread, running as admin, nothing works. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if it matters.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Oh man, just reading that made me unreasonably excited for a second. Oh well, I didn't want another Muv Luv game anyway :negative:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

klapman posted:

Oh man, just reading that made me unreasonably excited for a second. Oh well, I didn't want another Muv Luv game anyway :negative:

Obviously, Krinkle is posting from an alternate reality, where wars are waged with traumatic visual novels instead of planes and missiles. He's being trained in their use.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
Finished Shizuru's route in Rewrite. That was intense.

(Spoilers for common, Kotori, Chihaya, and Shizuru, as well as major spoilers for Clannad and Little Busters)
The start of the route was pretty clever, even if the idea's far from new. You know by the time you see Shizuru in a coma that Kotarou hosed up somewhere, but drat if it didn't hit hard. I feel like all the relevant twists and such were well-foreshadowed. Particularly Shizuru's ability to read lips and her sudden reversion to silence after waking.

I like the interplay between Shizuru's route and Kotori and Chihaya. Knowing that Kotori is the one who redirected Kotarou's familiar relationship adds a lot, and from the instant Sakuya brought up his past I knew Kotarou would become a tree like he did. After all, he survived the previous destruction that way.

On the other hand, I really hate depressing endings and I honestly can't say I feel at all good about reading this. In Clannad everything works out--and hell, even if Nagisa hadn't been revived at least Tomoya and Ushio's reconciliation could have been a reasonably happy conclusion. Similarly in Little Busters since Riki and Rin actually manage to save everyone in the end. But this? I feel goddamn awful, almost to the point where I regret playing. I just hope I feel better as I come down from having just finished. And maybe Moon and Terra will be happier? Ahahaha who am I kidding.

Coincidentally this is why I will never play Muv-Luv. From everything I hear about it, if I feel this terrible from a mediocre Key route, Muv-Luv would put me into a suicidal depression.

It'll be fun going back through these after I finish the game and seeing how my interpretations from partial information are wrong or incomplete.

This leaves Lucia and Akane before Moon and Terra. I think I'll do Akane first since I'd like to save Ryukishi07's insanity for last.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would do Lucia first if I were you. Akane's route is probably the best of them, and feels the most climactic of them to boot. Lucia's route isn't bad in my opinion, but doing it last would probably feel like a letdown.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm trying to run Rewrite after installing, but I keep getting the "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." error. I'm in Japanese locale, using the r4 patch, I've tried both alternative .exes suggested in the error thread, running as admin, nothing works. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if it matters.
The only thing I can think of is that the installation is messed up. I don't think there's anything inherently special with W7 64, as that's what I have too. Although I didn't install it in Program Files at least, which would eliminate any admin issue.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I had that problem too; I solved it by installing the actual game again.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Silver2195 posted:

I had that problem too; I solved it by installing the actual game again.

Thanks, this took care of it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Relambrien posted:

Coincidentally this is why I will never play Muv-Luv. From everything I hear about it, if I feel this terrible from a mediocre Key route, Muv-Luv would put me into a suicidal depression.
It's apples and oranges really. Key is pretty blatantly manipulative and kind of shallow about their tragedies (which I admit sometimes I find endearing with the right polish). For all you know Muv-Luv, which is more of a natural drama, will resonate much better with you. And it's not like we're talking Nitroplus/Urobuchi levels of dark here.

Besides, your suffering feeds the rest of us.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Relambrien posted:

Seriously it's good to feel an emotional impact from a game but if this is actually true you should seek some help.

Edit: what I mean is I've been really bummed out and upset by these games but I enjoy it. I've also been actually depressed and they occupy an entirely different brain space.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 7, 2013

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
It's interesting to read stay night and find out just how many places Urobuchi retconned stuff in zero. For example, in UBW Lancer says that in the Fourth War, the Holy Grail was summoned in a plain somewhere, and elsewhere it's stated that Kiritsugu and Saber were the only members of that team who fought in Fuyuki during the War.

Now in Heaven's Feel, Kotomine recalls an incident where Kiritsugu killed a Servant, then gunned down their Master as he was begging for his life or something similar. I get that Kotomine's intention is to cast his nemesis as someone much more vicious than he actually was, even if Kiritsugu was no saint. I find this interesting because his greatest weakness during the actual events of zero was that he never understood the kind of man Kiritsugu actually was, and kept trying to find a meaning to his own life in someone who actually had something he wanted to do with his life. It appears he just never figured out a "machine" like Kiritsugu actually had something in the world he valued, whereas Kotomine didn't have anything then and still didn't have one, ten years later.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sylphid posted:

It's interesting to read stay night and find out just how many places Urobuchi retconned stuff in zero. For example, in UBW Lancer says that in the Fourth War, the Holy Grail was summoned in a plain somewhere, and elsewhere it's stated that Kiritsugu and Saber were the only members of that team who fought in Fuyuki during the War.

Now in Heaven's Feel, Kotomine recalls an incident where Kiritsugu killed a Servant, then gunned down their Master as he was begging for his life or something similar. I get that Kotomine's intention is to cast his nemesis as someone much more vicious than he actually was, even if Kiritsugu was no saint. I find this interesting because his greatest weakness during the actual events of zero was that he never understood the kind of man Kiritsugu actually was, and kept trying to find a meaning to his own life in someone who actually had something he wanted to do with his life. It appears he just never figured out a "machine" like Kiritsugu actually had something in the world he valued, whereas Kotomine didn't have anything then and still didn't have one, ten years later.

I don't remember either of the thing you mention in the first paragraph.

Kotomine is talking about Kayneth there. When you think about it, it was actually worse than Kotomine made it sound; he didn't mention Sola-Ui.

The only really blatant inconsistency is the reference to Kiritsugu leaving his wife behind in the castle. I've seen it argued that the wording in the original Japanese may have been more ambiguous, though.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 8, 2013

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm going through UBW myself. I just got past the part where Rider activates the boundary field around the school, and got killed by Caster. Caster is powerful enough to have her own drat servant. Why didn't she do something like this in Fate? Thinking about it, did she actually do anything in Fate before going to Shirou's house? I mean, she killed Rider in one swift attack, but in Fate, she didn't kill any other servants. I guess, we technically don't know what happened to Assassin, but it's not like she'd kill her own servant, right?

Going a bit further, I can't believe how Shirou confirmed that Issei wasn't a Master. "Take your clothes off!" :doh::hf::downs: It's completely in character though.

I left off after Shinji's intermission, visiting the church. Kirei's words worry me. Is he going to give Shinji Lancer or something? If he does, Shirou's going to be in trouble. Nobody's going to know that he got another servant, and if they suspect anything, Shirou's going to defend him. I hope things work out :ohdear:.

Sylphid posted:

UBW Spoilers?
Did you forget to tag it, or is it kosher to read? I'm kinda paranoid about spoilers, especially since I'm going through UBW right now, and haven't seen F/Z.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I don't remember either of the thing you mention in the first paragraph.

Kotomine is talking about Kayneth there. When you think about it, it was actually worse than Kotomine made it sound; he didn't mention Sola-Ui.

The only really blatant inconsistency is the reference to Kiritsugu leaving his wife behind in the castle. I've seen it argued that the wording in the original Japanese may have been more ambiguous, though.

Both of those instances are in UBW. The leaving Iri behind thing was in Ilya's flashback with Berserker, and the second one is when Lancer is going with Saber and Shirou to the castle.

And I realize that's supposed to be referring to Kayneth, but wasn't it Kayneth ordering Lancer to kill himself, then Maiya guns down Kayneth and Sola-Ui? And I also don't know how Kotomine is supposed to know that, either, considering at that point in the plot all his Assassins are dead, and I don't think it was ever shown Kotomine was spying on that whole scene.

Edit: sorry about that, unpronounceable. I'll be more careful with tags, but don't worry about those two bits of info being spoilers. It's just a couple throwaway lines during a couple scenes.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 8, 2013

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

unpronounceable posted:

I'm going through UBW myself. I just got past the part where Rider activates the boundary field around the school, and got killed by Caster. Caster is powerful enough to have her own drat servant. Why didn't she do something like this in Fate? Thinking about it, did she actually do anything in Fate before going to Shirou's house? I mean, she killed Rider in one swift attack, but in Fate, she didn't kill any other servants. I guess, we technically don't know what happened to Assassin, but it's not like she'd kill her own servant, right?

Going a bit further, I can't believe how Shirou confirmed that Issei wasn't a Master. "Take your clothes off!" :doh::hf::downs: It's completely in character though.

I left off after Shinji's intermission, visiting the church. Kirei's words worry me. Is he going to give Shinji Lancer or something? If he does, Shirou's going to be in trouble. Nobody's going to know that he got another servant, and if they suspect anything, Shirou's going to defend him. I hope things work out :ohdear:.

Did you forget to tag it, or is it kosher to read? I'm kinda paranoid about spoilers, especially since I'm going through UBW right now, and haven't seen F/Z.

It's not a huge spoiler. I would have erred on the side of tagging it myself.

Regarding Caster, Her plan in Fate was to collect as much energy as possible before doing anything. It wasn't a bad plan; she just didn't know about Gilgamesh.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 8, 2013

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

DamnGlitch posted:

Seriously it's good to feel an emotional impact from a game but if this is actually true you should seek some help.

Nah that was hyperbole :v:

edit: Rereading my post I should probably stop posting at six in the morning when I can't get across hyperbole well.

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 8, 2013

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Relambrien posted:

Nah that was hyperbole :v:

I figured but you never know on the internet :siren:

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
Finished all the routes in Kira Kira.

drat I love me some happy endings :unsmith: Great pick me up especially after Kirari's normal end although that ended pretty well.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Higurashi is getting more and more interesting as I go through. Tatarigoroshi: It seems like Keiichi is starting to get more and more of a clue as time goes on. He's getting oddly specific premonitions about really tiny problems blossoming into huge shitstorms, he's getting similar premonitions that things will stop being happy really really quickly, and he doesn't seem to be having breakdowns quite as easily as in the earlier stories. There's also a bunch of new stuff going down, like this Teppei guy and the new corpse being found in the river of sewage. Going by the TIPS i've read, it looks like she might be related to the Teppei dude somehow, but I still don't know who Teppei is exactly so :v: Satoko is also adorable in this story, I have a sister who's a lot like her, although she's a bit older than me. Seeing Mion tear Keiichi's lunchbox apart was actually pretty sad, but then Keiichi managed to defend it and awwwww :3:

e: Holy poo poo Ooishi, what the gently caress man? He's got a serious hate-on for Keiichi now, just because Keiichi was kind of a dick when he came calling for Satoko. That was an enormous change from the usual, what the hell's going on here?

e2: this is awful :smith:

e3: Okay, yeah. Really glad i'm not streaming this, because holy poo poo i'm probably about ten times angrier than I ever was during the ML stream, and I got loving pissed during that. Like, there's a huge difference between "oh man those monsters fuckin killed people that is awful I am angry now" and "This motherfucker probably sexually abused a ten year old." It's kinda scaring the poo poo out of me how I feel the exact same way Keiichi does right now, and i'm not even actually in that situation. I have to appreciate the skill R07 has to make me feel this way, even if it is a little terrifying. God drat let's brain this fucker with a baseball bat.

e4: Wait, wait, back in Onikakushi, they said that Satoshi started swinging around a baseball bat before he disappeared, just like Keiichi. And Satoko's aunt was beaten to death by a crazed psycho, and then Satoshi disappeared. Oh gently caress. I guess Keiichi really is like Satoshi after all.

e5: Holy poo poo, Keiichi. They are covering for you. They're saying they saw you at the festival because they know drat well what you were actually doing and they're giving you a decent alibi. Stop being an idiot, for christ's sake. This is going to end horribly, isn't it?

e6: poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo ohhhhhhhhhhhhh poo poo

e7: "Can you provide any proof that you were somewhere else doing something at the time of the festival?" why yes mister doctor man let me go ahead and just totally gently caress my alibi - okay this is another edit from like a minute later and he actually did it, what the gently caress Keiichi?

e8: Okay what is even happening anymore :stare:

e9: I hope that baseball pitcher guy from the game is doing alright. No but seriously where the gently caress is the corpse

e10: Why is Rika dead now? I just... man. This has gotten even more insane than Onikakushi, I don't even have the words anymore. Everything is terrible and i've been reading for 6 hours straight now and I can't stop, this is the saddest thing :smith:

e11: The army. The loving army is here?! Poisonous gas? Everyone's loving dead? What the gently caress is going on??? Does this happen every single time, except Keiichi always died before it happened? This game has gone completely batshit.

e12: Well, that's it. The credits have rolled. Everyone is dead. I cannot loving wait to read the post game wrap up session for this mess, holy poo poo.

klapman fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 8, 2013

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Sylphid posted:

And I realize that's supposed to be referring to Kayneth, but wasn't it Kayneth ordering Lancer to kill himself, then Maiya guns down Kayneth and Sola-Ui? And I also don't know how Kotomine is supposed to know that, either, considering at that point in the plot all his Assassins are dead, and I don't think it was ever shown Kotomine was spying on that whole scene.

Why don't you ask yourself this instead: would Kotomine know exactly what happened?

I think it more than plausible that given his position in the Church, which plays the role of arbitrator and clean-up crew, he could come upon the scene after the fact and draw as a conclusion the events he retold.

Iris is really the one big inconsistency in F/Z, since it's pretty much a character Urobuchi made up. Kariya also doesn't get mentioned at all, but that could be written off as just how irrelevant he ended up being for the active cast at the time of FSN. Isn't it sad, Kariya?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nephilm posted:

Why don't you ask yourself this instead: would Kotomine know exactly what happened?

I think it more than plausible that given his position in the Church, which plays the role of arbitrator and clean-up crew, he could come upon the scene after the fact and draw as a conclusion the events he retold.

Iris is really the one big inconsistency in F/Z, since it's pretty much a character Urobuchi made up. Kariya also doesn't get mentioned at all, but that could be written off as just how irrelevant he ended up being for the active cast at the time of FSN. Isn't it sad, Kariya?

Even then, Kariya (Shinji's "emo" uncle) and Ryunosuke (who "killed indiscriminately and daily" and was "severely penalized" by the supervisor) are both mentioned in F/HA, though not by name. There's also one bit in F/SN that can be taken to imply that Saber was friends with someone who had the same hair as Ilya.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax
Oh I'm remembering that scene now.

:( It's so sad now.

• Locked thread