Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hightopx
Mar 3, 2013

Devor posted:

I've completed my template sets for plate and chain on the character on Live - so if anyone on Test needs a set of the HoT Level 80 armor for plate or chain classes, hit me up in this thread. Let me know the class and name to send it to.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:house_of_thule_armor_guide

I'd love a set of the Shaman chain if possible. Can parcel it to Hitchenz on Test. Would be much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My warrior/cleric/enchanter just hit 78, so I may hit you up soon. Juball and Harshaw are the plate wearing names.

Stanos posted:

That's why I suggested something more secluded that people wouldn't be tempted to train you at. Obviously this isn't a problem later but it was especially bad in Paw for a while where there was at least 2 afk trios constantly on the highway to remove every time I dragged my box crew there.

Rarely do people want the entrance mobs in Paw, I figured if I went deeper in, in an attempt to "hide" that I would be taking the camps much more desired anyways and likely be trained.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I have an 80 enchanter and rogue that could use a set of abstruse if anyone is still doing copies. Character name on test is Gnomae.

Also, I have been working on updating an old ui that I used back into 2003 and finally have it in a reasonably functional state. If anyone wants to check it out: Forry 6.8

Screenshot:

The inventory window is incomplete and doesn't have any of the tab stuff and I don't have the Leadership AA for HoTT so that is still the default, but I think all the other main windows should be up to date and working.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
Did the giant skeleton / steamfont anniversary quests last night. This is definitely the eq designers trolling their players. To top it off, instead of an aug we got POLYMORPH: DISEASED RAT wand

imonyourroof
May 31, 2006

bacon! posted:

Did the giant skeleton / steamfont anniversary quests last night. This is definitely the eq designers trolling their players. To top it off, instead of an aug we got POLYMORPH: DISEASED RAT wand

Just be glad you didn't get the 10 charge potion of growth.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding weapons/primary slot items for a 92 gnome enchanter? Over the last week or so I have been slowly cobbling together bit-by-bit a set of level 92 gear, and apart from maybe one earring (and a lot of empty aug slots) it is complete. I found a shield, but I have had no luck finding anything for the Primary slot - what are my best options? It does not matter how it looks as I did the enchanter 1.0 epic augment quest, but I am using a level 80 1HB there still and I am due for an upgrade.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding weapons/primary slot items for a 92 gnome enchanter? Over the last week or so I have been slowly cobbling together bit-by-bit a set of level 92 gear, and apart from maybe one earring (and a lot of empty aug slots) it is complete. I found a shield, but I have had no luck finding anything for the Primary slot - what are my best options? It does not matter how it looks as I did the enchanter 1.0 epic augment quest, but I am using a level 80 1HB there still and I am due for an upgrade.

I've found on my Ranger (Ganky) that 92+ gear is incredibly rare. Besides finding fear touched or a lucky item on the Baz, it's going to be old fashioned group farming.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

bacon! posted:

Try a 10 dose growth potion and come back to us. :(

Also if you're after augs/gear do Xorbb~

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Comfortador posted:

My warrior/cleric/enchanter just hit 78, so I may hit you up soon. Juball and Harshaw are the plate wearing names.

Rarely do people want the entrance mobs in Paw, I figured if I went deeper in, in an attempt to "hide" that I would be taking the camps much more desired anyways and likely be trained.

I do the end of the west wing in Ashengate near the Arbiter of Ash spawn. No one ever goes that far so I set my 95 Bard singing overnight with a melee dps merc out with my level 80 SK with a J5 healer. Wake up to 30 aa's each day :toot:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

Tingal on Test. I only need 8 Cantrips for my Rank 2 spells at 92, then I am going to stop leveling for a while and catch up on AA as time permits.

At times, good AFKing spots have been a topic of considerable discussion. I always like to hear about places to go for that sort of thing. It kind of says something, not too flattering perhaps, about EQ that it is so grind-tastic even after so many years, so many changes, and with double exp on Test, that people would want to do that sort of thing. There may well be better ways (I did a short quest in Shard's Landing on my enchanter and got 11% regular exp at 91) to level up - via tasks and the like - but I think that myself and a lot of other people are just into the grind mentality of EQ and do not know how to break out of it.

I absolutely loved the House of Thule expansion because of the insane xp from completing the progression tasks. I started that expansion 2 boxing an SK and shaman and ended with an enchanter, bard, and druid to boot all with over 3000+ aa's. I quit for over a year in protest after they removed the task xp from that, I mean poo poo- finally something comes along that isnt a 'find a camp and grind xp for hours' and gives good xp and they go ahead and nerf it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The RoF quests all give good exp and AAs, often at the same time.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

No More Heroes posted:

I do the end of the west wing in Ashengate near the Arbiter of Ash spawn. No one ever goes that far so I set my 95 Bard singing overnight with a melee dps merc out with my level 80 SK with a J5 healer. Wake up to 30 aa's each day :toot:

:( I need to do the j5 quest. Is it possible to 3 box it? (Having never done one ever mind you)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Comfortador posted:

:( I need to do the j5 quest. Is it possible to 3 box it? (Having never done one ever mind you)

78 might be a little low, but the first task in that line is just picking things up off the ground. Check out http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:progression_through_seeds_of_destruction the section under invasion of earth is what needs to be done to unlock J5, plus there's some kill quests that you can finish while doing those for bonus exp.

The 15 level spread on group missions makes getting help a pain for you, since you'll have to 85 to get 100s in the missions. The missions is a DPS check that can be beaten by a few 95+ with mercs sitting afk at the portal spawn point.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
There are two parts that suck really, the hails to save the thralls and waiting/pulling the shocktroopers. It's a goddamn nightmare to do that early on at level without some good trickery. The rest is basic kill quests which are time consuming but not too bad.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Stanos posted:

the hails to save the thralls

The good news is that with FD and or Fade this task is really easy, you can avoid all the adds and just hail the npcs.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Clinton1011 posted:

The good news is that with FD and or Fade this task is really easy, you can avoid all the adds and just hail the npcs.

You can also mez/blur the thralls that aggro and wait a couple minutes for them to reset and try the hail again.

Or if you have none of those, dying and resing on hailing failures is still much faster than waiting for bad thralls to respawn after you kill them.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
So Slow and I need a 3rd person who wants to run Demiplane a few times to pick up 2.5 pages for our Necros. Anybody else have a necro alt and want to smash it with us? Sisters event pretty much requires 3 actual people :(

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
Anyone up for organizing some Tier 2 farming? Xorbb, Grelleth, etc? Ganky is up to the task now, and my bard should be relatively soon as well.

Velvis
Aug 18, 2005

Corn tastes good.

JustJeff88 posted:

Tingal on Test. I only need 8 Cantrips for my Rank 2 spells at 92, then I am going to stop leveling for a while and catch up on AA as time permits.

Oh hey sup. Sending now. If you don't need them anymore just GB them.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

No More Heroes posted:

I absolutely loved the House of Thule expansion because of the insane xp from completing the progression tasks. I started that expansion 2 boxing an SK and shaman and ended with an enchanter, bard, and druid to boot all with over 3000+ aa's. I quit for over a year in protest after they removed the task xp from that, I mean poo poo- finally something comes along that isnt a 'find a camp and grind xp for hours' and gives good xp and they go ahead and nerf it.
I believe they only nerfed two things: XP from finishing a mission was cut in half, and no more taskadds across the world, which was totally fair. Back in 2009/2010 I saw a ton of people just spamming general all day "WTB TA HoT paying 10k". You shouldn't be able to get XP sitting in PoK and paying platinum. HoT tasks are also still great XP up until the high 80's. A lvl 80 will get a full level from being part of a Fall of the Tae Ew mission with Lesson (on Test, so +200% XP total).

The weird thing though is that insane task XP came back with a vengeance in VoA and RoF. I did a task in Argath (in VoA) that gave my lvl 95 boxes with 1500 AA over 50 AA a pop (max banked AA). Getting zone achievements such as Partisan/Mercenary in RoF also yields up to 30% of a level I hear from guild mates.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah I resubbed my crew so I can box the last 2 expansions. I think everybody has to be near the chest now to get the xp hit from a mission. I used to log every guy off and on and taskadd them on 2 accounts, like 6 chars total because they still got the completion even while offline. It was a cheesy system admittedly but that was the most active I been in EQ in years :sun:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Partisan of Shard's Landing which happens to be a decently well written quest line gives 24% (!) XP. Later lines are not so generous and more annoying (looking at you, new EW) but you should definitely at least do the Shard's line.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Pilsner posted:

I believe they only nerfed two things: XP from finishing a mission was cut in half, and no more taskadds across the world, which was totally fair. Back in 2009/2010 I saw a ton of people just spamming general all day "WTB TA HoT paying 10k". You shouldn't be able to get XP sitting in PoK and paying platinum. HoT tasks are also still great XP up until the high 80's. A lvl 80 will get a full level from being part of a Fall of the Tae Ew mission with Lesson (on Test, so +200% XP total).

The weird thing though is that insane task XP came back with a vengeance in VoA and RoF. I did a task in Argath (in VoA) that gave my lvl 95 boxes with 1500 AA over 50 AA a pop (max banked AA). Getting zone achievements such as Partisan/Mercenary in RoF also yields up to 30% of a level I hear from guild mates.

But you can get XP paying a ranger to headshot a zone while AFKing =/ Why shouldn't other classes be able to join in the fun?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Someone already graciously hooked me up with the VoA gear (equippable at 85) but I'm about to hit 80 this weekend, so if anyone has Abstruse gear for a Necromancer to copy over I would appreciate it. (ingame name is Choriok)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Stanos posted:

Partisan of Shard's Landing which happens to be a decently well written quest line gives 24% (!) XP. Later lines are not so generous and more annoying (looking at you, new EW) but you should definitely at least do the Shard's line.

Shards line also has the single funniest quest since Braaaaaaaaains.

@Ganky T2 farming - T2 gear is shamefully easy. There's a shitload of nameds up all the time and most of them are easy as gently caress compared to VoA. Slow also found an awesome glitch that I wouldn't post, but we've already got T2 coming out our ears, so FYGM go do it before it gets fixed:

Bring a char with tracking to Xorbb. Clear out any named that're already up EXCEPT Terrorfist. Then camp nothing but Terrorfist. Once he spawns, you have to manipulate him into killing a character while he's feared them BEFORE fear wears off. If a character dies to Terrorfist while feared, it crashes the zone. Zone resets and 5 mins later you get 5-8x new named spawns you can farm depending on luck. I don't think we've ever had less than 4. Works every time.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I made a little research on the population of all the Live servers if anyone's interested:

Some notes:

- Trakanon is D.E.A.D. /who all returned 32 people, a third of them were in PoK. I was alone in the Guild Lobby.
- Vox is buzzing with life at the low levels, but not much at the high end, and a weak bazaar. I changed the /who all 100's to 80-100 to get a bit more results.
- FV has an amazing bazaar with a huge amounts of gear, lots of it at reasonable prices. Tons of fabled gear, regular old twink gear, raid gear and more. There were no Krono, but I saw several advertisement in chat for them.
- Kronos are typically 150-230k on the baz.

The ping is from Europe. Tutorial is /who all in the Tutorial zone, NewPlayers and General mean the chat channels. GL 90-100 is a /who 90 100 in the Guild Lobby. Time is GMT+1, so American afternoon.

I got a bit burned out on Test, and also greatly miss the platinum/item hunt (big part of MMORPGs for me), so I'm gonna reroll on a Live server soon for some fresh fun.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 5, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I actually was piddling around a bit on Luclin for the first time in ages, and I bumped into a friend from before I jumped to Test who is in one of the major guilds with raid-level RoF gear. When I explained why I was not around anymore she gave me a bunch of cash to testcopy/spend on Live, so I bought some gear and will copy it over if any Testgoons are interested.

I got a level 92 dagger (Ry'Gorr Ceremonial Dagger if you wish to look it up), but it is int-caster only. I also grabbed a Fjeka's Fang, which is a good non-tank aug and the only one I have seen on Test lately is 1 million plat (I payed 20k). I am going to keep an eye on the Luclin bazaar now that I have some spending money and I will let the Test community know if I come up with anything of general use. I do not really mind the low pop on Test too much, but the lack of a player-driven market can sometimes be vexing.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

I got a bit burned out on Test, and also greatly miss the platinum/item hunt (big part of MMORPGs for me), so I'm gonna reroll on a Live server soon for some fresh fun.

If you don't go with your more local server (AB) or gimmick server, I'm gonna suggest going with Xegony. Mostly because I'm there, but also because the raid scene is really active, including a couple open/pickup raid groups run by roi and ms.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Basically the Terrorfist 'trick' is to get Terrorfist to fear you into a wall, the fear plays along and he beats you to death WHILE YOU ARE FEARED. Something goofy happens, zone crashes, you get a repop of the zone. Rumor is there's a trick to Evantil but I'm not sure what it is. I can't think of anything that fears there and the only thing I can think of is something weird like Yunizarn punting you out of geometry or something.

I only really do this when the zone is abandoned (or Xolokk is up because nobody kills that motherfucker) so if you piss people off with it it's not my fault. :v:

Stanos fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 5, 2013

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

JustJeff88 posted:

I got a level 92 dagger (Ry'Gorr Ceremonial Dagger if you wish to look it up), but it is int-caster only.

If you could send one to Choriok I'd appreciate it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Tomahawk posted:

If you could send one to Choriok I'd appreciate it.

I shall jot your name down.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

I learned that that fear trick works in Fall of the Tae Ew. Instead of getting a whole zone repop of awesome nameds, you get a full zone repop and your quest resets itself from scratch. If you get terribly unlucky you can have an EQ version of Groundhog's Day. :confuoot:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Seconding this kinda, but I hate the plat/item hunt and am just lonely since the goonrush has died a swift death. Kodaji's movin' on up to a deluxe apartment, but my alts are still in Roost for whatever even though all of like 4 other people ever log in.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Thalyn will likely be on hiatus until the end of the month, since I should probably be focusing on my classes so I can finish my master's.

I wouldn't say that I got burned out, but it got a little tiring trying to get groups together in /guildchat when no one responds.

I'll be back regularly in three weeks or so, though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I got a new job and am now working 6-7 days a week :(

One day I'll return to Norrath.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

MrTheDevious posted:

Seconding this kinda, but I hate the plat/item hunt and am just lonely since the goonrush has died a swift death. Kodaji's movin' on up to a deluxe apartment, but my alts are still in Roost for whatever even though all of like 4 other people ever log in.

Same on Lasombr. I went back to Luclin for a bit and made an enchanter. God drat are they awful if they haven't been powereleveled to a ton of AA. Haven't really logged back in since.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

BTW, anyone have experience with a Necromancer as a main? I just want to try something different than a melee main. I figure a Necro should be able to pull in a pinch, and I hear their pets and dps is amazing at high levels. I'm thinking of coupling a necro with a druid and possibly an enchanter on top. Druid for buffs, heals and ports, enchanter for spell dps boost, mana regen and auras.

MrTheDevious posted:

You got PM.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 7, 2013

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pilsner posted:

BTW, anyone have experience with a Necromancer as a main? I just want to try something different than a melee main. I figure a Necro should be able to pull in a pinch, and I hear their pets and dps is amazing at high levels. I'm thinking of coupling a necro with a druid and possibly an enchanter on top. Druid for buffs, heals and ports, enchanter for spell dps boost, mana regen and auras.

You got PM.

A necro is an experience machine with the right aa's. Pestilent Paralysis is an unresistable AA root that can be brought down to a 2 minute recast. With this AA you can kill reds and yellow cons solo all day long, as long as they dont summon. The deathbloom aa keeps your mana at 90%+ coupled with reluctant benevoloence which heals you up to 14k when it procs on a cast.

Swift dots lets you be useful in a group along with second to none soloing, boxing, PL'ing power.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pilsner posted:

You got PM.

Necros are beasts and any other character would just be going along for the ride. I'm not sure what an enchanter would really provide. Druids could heal the pet if you were trying to pet tank things I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Necro is the only character I've ever found that's as sheer fun as Kodaji. I went from 92 to 97 in 2 days. They're absolutely ridiculous. With a pot/lesson burning, I was getting 2% a kill in BD until they stopped being yellow cons, then moved to Evantil and I'm getting 1% reg xp and 2AA per kill. Yellow cons die at a rate of one per 45 seconds. Looking forward to EM16 and really kicking rear end $$$$ Enchanters are actively TOTAL poo poo for necros though. Mine was grouped with Tingal the other night and I had to hunt down and block a fun variety of poo poo that prevented both RB AND Deathbloom, plus mez makes pets flip the gently caress out. Pretty much every class is just going to get in the necro's way soloing, but I don't think any are remotely as annoying as chanters

With Pestilent Paralysis, you don't even have to work that hard to kite. I've been PPing one, stacking dots on him, then picking up a second to kite. By the time I've got enough dots stacked on the 2nd to kill him, PP's back up so I rootrot another. Going back and forth means you've got 3 dying at a time and kite 2 max. Even fully kiting, I can only get 3 going at a time due to how long it takes to stack dots vs how fast they die.

@PM - received, I'll get the stuff over to you soon as raid ends

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 7, 2013